Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Do you say your prayers at night?

 
Old 02-07-2019, 05:36 PM
  #1  
pauldana
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
pauldana's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2003
Location: LA county ca
Posts: 9,660
Thanked 259 Times in 208 Posts
Default Do you say your prayers at night?

I have been saying my prayers all my life... and still do, every night... though the good times and bad... without fail...

And no... I am not even close/near to being perfect, and I have a lot of fixing to do... but my belief in god is strong, and has never wavered,,,and yes, I have had some very bad times in my life,,, and very good....
when good, I thank the lord, ..... when bad, I ask for help and guidance and strength..

so, do you still pray to god?
pauldana is online now  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:43 PM
  #2  
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
FourPennyDoug's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2016
Location: Add 36k UD posts :-) Hills of N.Ga
Posts: 15,196
Thanked 61 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Yes.
FourPennyDoug is online now  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:44 PM
  #3  
Swany00
CF Senior Member
 
Swany00's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2005
Location: Sacramento Ca
Posts: 71,318
Thanks: 0
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

**** is getting deep around here!
Swany00 is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:45 PM
  #4  
davepl
CF Senior Member
 
davepl's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2000
Location: Redmond WA
Posts: 8,557
Thanked 1,410 Times in 941 Posts
Default

Yes I do. Or I try to remember to, anyway!
davepl is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:46 PM
  #5  
Z'ha'dum
CF Senior Member
 
Z'ha'dum's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2008
Location: I tell people I'm from Detroit...but nobody really lives IN Detroit
Posts: 6,667
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default

I do not pray but I'm an atheist
Z'ha'dum is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:49 PM
  #6  
Sabre34
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Sabre34's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: Parrish FL
Posts: 18,598
Thanked 320 Times in 309 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19

Default

*God. Yes I do.
Sabre34 is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:50 PM
  #7  
bsmith
CF Senior Member
 
bsmith's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2003
Location: Official Moral Compass of the forum.
Posts: 51,137
Thanked 61 Times in 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09
Default

Originally Posted by Z'ha'dum View Post
I do not pray but I'm an atheist
added to UD's list.
bsmith is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:53 PM
  #8  
Z'ha'dum
CF Senior Member
 
Z'ha'dum's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2008
Location: I tell people I'm from Detroit...but nobody really lives IN Detroit
Posts: 6,667
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default

Originally Posted by bsmith View Post
added to UD's list.
I'm pretty sure I'm already on it

Either way though, I'm glad to be on something
Z'ha'dum is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:53 PM
  #9  
05c6silververt
CF Senior Member
 
05c6silververt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Well whaddaya know? You really can fool some of the people all of the time.
Posts: 8,581
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18
Default

I find absolutely no reason to believe in, nor any reliable fact-based evidence to suggest, the existence of a deity. An argument just as strong and well-founded could be made to support the existence of the Tooth Fairy (the tooth was gone, the cash was there, Mom and Dad denied any knowledge).
05c6silververt is online now  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:54 PM
  #10  
Dave concrete
CF Senior Member
 
Dave concrete's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: long Island NY
Posts: 11,987
Thanks: 0
Thanked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Always felt silly praying, because there is nothing to pray too. We assume there is something but there is nothing. So I just do the right thing and I'm sure if there is a so called God, he'll see I'm doing good things and not bugging him with wishes and thanks.
Dave concrete is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:56 PM
  #11  
leadfoot4
CF Senior Member
 
leadfoot4's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2001
Location: Western NY
Posts: 57,376
Thanked 393 Times in 364 Posts
Default

leadfoot4 is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:58 PM
  #12  
05c6silververt
CF Senior Member
 
05c6silververt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Well whaddaya know? You really can fool some of the people all of the time.
Posts: 8,581
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18
Default

Originally Posted by Dave concrete View Post
Always felt silly praying, because there is nothing to pray too. We assume there is something but there is nothing. So I just do the right thing and I'm sure if there is a so called God, he'll see I'm doing good things and not bugging him with wishes and thanks.
And you could always grease the wheels with some free brick-pointing at the pearly gates.
05c6silververt is online now  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:00 PM
  #13  
scottycards
CF Senior Member
 
scottycards's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2007
Location: Constitutional Peasant Tucson AZ
Posts: 12,520
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
Default

As an agnostic, I do not.

I do not begrudge those who do. If it helps them feel better, or gives them hope, more power to them.

Pascal's Wager and all, I guess...
scottycards is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:03 PM
  #14  
01VETTECOP
CF Senior Member
 
01VETTECOP's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2003
Location: Bethlehem Pa
Posts: 4,514
Thanked 47 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Every time I go to bed !
01VETTECOP is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:16 PM
  #15  
Dave concrete
CF Senior Member
 
Dave concrete's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: long Island NY
Posts: 11,987
Thanks: 0
Thanked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 05c6silververt View Post
And you could always grease the wheels with some free brick-pointing at the pearly gates.
Yeah that would be my luck, I finally die so I can rest then next think I know, I'm bricking in heaven.
Dave concrete is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:26 PM
  #16  
Pete2k_Z28
CF Senior Member
 
Pete2k_Z28's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2001
Location: Land O Lakes FL
Posts: 369
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Z'ha'dum View Post
I do not pray but I'm an atheist
You won’t be forever!
Pete2k_Z28 is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:29 PM
  #17  
Z'ha'dum
CF Senior Member
 
Z'ha'dum's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2008
Location: I tell people I'm from Detroit...but nobody really lives IN Detroit
Posts: 6,667
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default

Originally Posted by Pete2k_Z28 View Post
You won’t be forever!
All of my conclusions are tentative pending new or better evidence
Z'ha'dum is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:36 PM
  #18  
jw38
CF Senior Member
 
jw38's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2002
Location: Spring Branch TX
Posts: 16,291
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14,'18
Default

I pray every night...thanking the Lord for all He has provided.
jw38 is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:37 PM
  #19  
Pete2k_Z28
CF Senior Member
 
Pete2k_Z28's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2001
Location: Land O Lakes FL
Posts: 369
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Z'ha'dum View Post
All of my conclusions are tentative pending new or better evidence
I promise, you will get the evidence you were looking for. Probably too late. In the meantime, it’s called “faith” for a reason!
Pete2k_Z28 is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:37 PM
  #20  
Dave concrete
CF Senior Member
 
Dave concrete's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: long Island NY
Posts: 11,987
Thanks: 0
Thanked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jw38 View Post
I pray every night...thanking the Lord for all He has provided.
Who went to work every day, you or him?
Dave concrete is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you say your prayers at night?


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: