Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Question about a student loan that is past due

Old 02-10-2019, 09:30 AM
Slo Yelo C5
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Builderrick View Post
Wow ! What a good liberal lemming you are.

Mention a spit in the bucket 100 Billion to rag on Bush yet no mention of Obozo creating more debt than ALL of the presidents before him combined.

In case you didn't know it there is a wee bit of difference between $ 10 TRILLION DOLLARS and $ 100 BILLION.

If you want to see IGNORANT maybe you should find a mirror in your house.
No use...he's a dope. His foyer has portraits of Fidel Castro, Mao, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Next time I see his car, I'll put one of those "Keep the Immigrants - Deport the Republicans" bumper stickers on it so the whole world knows how he feels.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:46 AM
Idaho Mark
CF Senior Member

It’s my understanding that unpaid Strdent Loans can and do effect collecting Social Security, likely X percent of it but not all of it. Can the government take someone’s home away from them over unpaid Student Loans, in a word, yes. Here’s the key on the home loan, likely. The banks that gave the Student Loan, filed default on the loans and the government paid the bank off because the loans are backed by government. Yes, it’s a huge scam to pour free money into colleges and universities whom don’t teach worth a hill of beans. The new degree programs, which are many are called, “studies” and are **** on a bore hog, unless in employment but maybe for some parasite job with government employment. So the government pays off the loan. In X number of years the information by law falls off the credit report. Fresh new start.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:02 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

and we're off to the deep end of the OT pool. hang on this won't hurt
Old 02-10-2019, 12:07 PM
Red99SS
CF Senior Member

It affects social security? Who the hell still has student loan debt at 65?
Old 02-10-2019, 12:20 PM
Roothog69
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Red99SS View Post
People who say **** it and stop paying.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:25 PM
ratflinger
NCM Grand Opening Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11, '17

Originally Posted by Red99SS View Post
Got a colleague that does - She got a loan for school (later in life) with the idea that the reimbursement from the company would pay the loan off. It would have except she took the money from the company reimbursement and pissed it off. So now she can't afford to retire because of the student loan. She realizes it was stupid, but yet she is still doing stupid things with her money, like season tickets to Pro basketball instead of concentrating on paying off the loan.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:28 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by 05c6silververt View Post
You're even dumber than I thought. Forget it, you can't even comprehend what I've said. You're not worth my time.
um...you didn’t say anything...

just keep,voting democrat, to free’itize it....
Old 02-10-2019, 12:30 PM
TCracingCA
CF Senior Member

I think they should be picked up for not paying, and given a lobotomy!!!!!!

I would then consider the debt settled!!!!!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 02-10-2019 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:46 PM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Slo Yelo C5 View Post
Well, the Ocasio-Cortez School of Economics doesn't think debt is a problem. Rather, debt has no meaning. Just print more money. After all, how does printing matter? It just employs more people. A win for all.
And as master mathematician and financial wizard AOC herself so wisely stated, zeroes have no value, so there is really no difference between $100,000,000,000 and $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. Just more zeroes, which have no value. Simple, yes?
Old 02-10-2019, 12:52 PM
694speed350
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 05c6silververt View Post
You're even dumber than I thought. Forget it, you can't even comprehend what I've said. You're not worth my time.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:54 PM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ratflinger View Post
Got a colleague that does - She got a loan for school (later in life) with the idea that the reimbursement from the company would pay the loan off. It would have except she took the money from the company reimbursement and pissed it off. So now she can't afford to retire because of the student loan. She realizes it was stupid, but yet she is still doing stupid things with her money, like season tickets to Pro basketball instead of concentrating on paying off the loan.
This is one of the big reasons the country is in the shape it is in. No sense of financial responsibility. Run the credit cards up to the max and pay the minimum. When the bill comes due, declare bankruptcy. Live for today and to hell with tomorrow. If all else fails, the government will take care of me.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:56 PM
68/70Vette
CF Senior Member

I know you're a Commie and all, but explain you're absurd thinking to those of us not stupid enough to think resembling Cuba, Venezuela, or USSR is the right way to go.
When the communists took over Russia, one of Lenin's first things was to default on the Russian national debt. It's one of history's largest defaults. AOC's attitude would probably to default on the US national debt! According to her thinking, our national debt is probably just an accounting artifact. Actually I'm more concerned that a future leftist administration will try to get rid of the national debt burden by devaluing the dollar. That will also be in accordance with the leftist mantra of asset equality....the middle classes and wealth classes will be stripped of much of their wealth.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:57 PM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

No use...he's a dope. His foyer has portraits of Fidel Castro, Mao, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Next time I see his car, I'll put one of those "Keep the Immigrants - Deport the Republicans" bumper stickers on it so the whole world knows how he feels.
If Che Guevara was still alive, he'd be wearing an AOC T-shirt. OH NO! Now I gave them an idea. Can I have a percentage?

Last edited by glbeauchamp; 02-10-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:58 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by glbeauchamp View Post
If Che Guevara was still alive, he'd be wearing an AOC T-shirt.
so would hitler...
Old 02-10-2019, 01:02 PM
68/70Vette
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by glbeauchamp View Post
If Che Guevara was still alive, he'd be wearing an AOC T-shirt. OH NO! Now I gave them an idea. Can I have a percentage?
If Che Guevara were still alive, a lot of other people won't be alive. He was a psychopathic killer. Joining a revolutionary communist movement allowed him to kill people and pose as a hero.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:08 PM
Corvette#2
CF Senior Member

Student loans are the major contributing factor to the rising costs of higher education. The schools have no incentive to control costs because most students get loans.

I have student loans. I'm working on a science degree now and wished I'd done it long before college became so expensive. My local non-profit state university charges about $2000 per class.

It's outrageous how expensive tuition costs for what you actually get for the money. And the school has no shortage of funds to keep building these massive new modern architecture buildings fully staffed with lazy bureaucrats.

To add insult to injury, I was forced to take a diversity class that basically tried to brainwash me into feeling guilty about being white, and constantly critiques western culture, capitalism, and "patriarchy" while extolling the virtues of mass illegal immigration and celebrating the cultures of third world **** holes. Luckily, when I finish this degree, I'll be able to get a much higher paying job. But if you're studying some BS subject, you'd be crazy to take out 10's of thousands in debt to finance it.

One of my professors who has an MD but went into teaching instead of practicing medicine, mentioned she has something like $400,000 in student debt and will probably be paying it the rest of her life. I'm going to have mine paid off within 5 years of graduating.

But make no mistake, if these loans weren't so easy to get, the schools couldn't charge so much tuition, and would have to be a lot more frugal with how they spend money.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:12 PM
68/70Vette
CF Senior Member

The federal student loan program is a crowning example of how a do-good government plan can to horrible damage to the cost of education. Before the federal student loan program, college education was by today's standards....extremely affordable. OK, in retrospect extremely affordable by still at that time, financing a college education was beyond some. The federal loan program allowed anyone who wanted to attend a college on a student loan. However, what happened is well known, the educational institutions just increased their costs and tuition. Staff greatly increased, mostly administrators. Pay and benefits for professors greatly increased. Today's professors are handsomely paid, for little work...sabbatical's..... excellent pensions...and they can't be fired.
Compounding the problem, to attract student's who didn't really want to work, they proliferated meaningless degree programs. As a previous poster alluded to, any degree program with the word "Studies" on it is worthless. A major problem is that unwitting "students" run up massive debts for a worthless degree.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:17 PM
Red99SS
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Corvette#2 View Post
It's outrageous how expensive tuition costs for what you actually get for the money.
And the kicker is once you graduate they start hitting you up for alumni donations. I tell them the same thing every time. "First dollar I make using that degree, I'll send it straight to you!"
Old 02-10-2019, 01:57 PM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 68/70Vette View Post
If Che Guevara were still alive, a lot of other people won't be alive. He was a psychopathic killer. Joining a revolutionary communist movement allowed him to kill people and pose as a hero.
I am well aware of that.. He was Castro's right hand man. Still a hero to the left though. Example: https://www.thechestore.com/. Still in business after all these years.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:13 PM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 68/70Vette View Post
The federal student loan program is a crowning example of how a do-good government plan can to horrible damage to the cost of education. Before the federal student loan program, college education was by today's standards....extremely affordable. OK, in retrospect extremely affordable by still at that time, financing a college education was beyond some. The federal loan program allowed anyone who wanted to attend a college on a student loan. However, what happened is well known, the educational institutions just increased their costs and tuition. Staff greatly increased, mostly administrators. Pay and benefits for professors greatly increased. Today's professors are handsomely paid, for little work...sabbatical's..... excellent pensions...and they can't be fired.
Compounding the problem, to attract student's who didn't really want to work, they proliferated meaningless degree programs. As a previous poster alluded to, any degree program with the word "Studies" on it is worthless. A major problem is that unwitting "students" run up massive debts for a worthless degree.
Like the grad with a degree in 16th century French lesbian literature studies and then whines because they can't find a job in their chosen field.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question about a student loan that is past due

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: