Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

A world in disagreement on climate change.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:56 PM
cdngolfer
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 30YR W8T View Post
Psst, do you know what emissions are? Do you know what is used in many places to generate electricity other than hydro? Are you arguing nuclear power plant melt downs are good for the environment?

Now who is it again that is being selective and biased here?

Have you stopped to consider the reduction in emissions from fossil fuel powered vehicles of today versus just ten years ago? Do you understand oil is a renewable fuel source? Do you understand we have not even come close to tapping all of the oil reserved on this planet and new ones are being discovered all the time? Do you understand what products and materials are produced from fossil fuels? Do you understand what happens to electric vehicles if they are involved in an accident or catch on fire? Do you understand the severity of emissions released in those events?

My proposal is to continue improving the efficiency of systems using fossil fuels and continue developing alternative solutions, but stop trying to force the use of alternatives that are not even close to being fully developed. Not sure you understand the cost involved with transitioning from current to the unrealistic and unrealized utopian solutions being peddled, or that those so called solutions have their own issues that must be dealt with. Electric vehicles as an example, include components and products that need processing correctly or indeed they are sources of environmental pollutants, to a far greater degree than drastically reduced carbon emissions.

And finally, do you understand the US is not even close to being a major contributor to carbon emissions any longer? We are not the contributor the alarmist keep trying to peddle we are.

I am a metallurgical engineer by training and did take Air Pollution as a third year course in university many years back. Did you?

And why have the vehicles' emissions dropped over the last 10 years? Thank Obama.

If oil is renewable, how long does it take to go from whatever to oil? Decades, millions of years? Regardless, its not the oil, its the sudden dumping of carbon into the air over a few decades that is the problem.

Chemicals, plastics, cosmetics, coatings, etc. are made from oil. But every engineer should know that.

Electric vehicles as an example, include components and products that need processing correctly or indeed they are sources of environmental pollutants, to a far greater degree than drastically reduced carbon emissions.
Got a source? And fee free to tell us how a burning battery pack may harm you more than a ruptured gas tank.

When gasoline vehicles are involved in an accident, they sometimes catch fire and blow up. Did you know that? And the gasoline flows across the ground, around you feet.

Are windmills fully developed? Solar panels? Farmers are placing acres of solar panels in their fields because they make more $$ for them than growing crops. Did you know that? The proof is in their efficiency and cost effectiveness. And they are displacing Nuclear plants cost billions and take a decade to build and coal plants that no one wants in their back yard.

So you want to keep government imposed emissions standards on vehicles and make them more stringent...for the foreseeable future? Well, did you know that GM and other manufacturers have plans for 100% electric vehicle production? Why would that be?

Climate change and pollution are not just US issues. Did you know that?

Last edited by cdngolfer; 02-11-2019 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Sifu-TZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Red99SS View Post
If you think he said something inaccurate, point it out.
I just did.

I'm aware that you understand logical fallacies. you know the "burden of proof" fallacy, of this I have no doubt.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:45 PM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge

Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
we agreed in the other thread that YOU have to prove your "facts" because the burden of proof is on the one making the claim, and 63 340HP agreed.
I did prove my facts, you chose to ignore them. Now you have made an argument and yet you have no evidence to support or prove your arguments. Others agreed you also need to prove your claim.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:46 PM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge

Originally Posted by Red99SS View Post
If you think he said something inaccurate, point it out.
He won't, because he can't. He knows it and so do I. This is nothing more than his normal childish hate monger process.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:56 PM
63 340HP
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
we agreed in the other thread that YOU have to prove your "facts" because the burden of proof is on the one making the claim, and 63 340HP agreed.
We also agreed that these posts are OPINION editorial.

If you cannot differentiate Opinion editorial from Scientific Method, then I have a Climate Crisis scare to tax you with .
Old 02-11-2019, 05:39 PM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cdngolfer View Post
I am a metallurgical engineer by training and did take Air Pollution as a third year course in university many years back. Did you?

And why have the vehicles' emissions dropped over the last 10 years? Thank Obama.

If oil is renewable, how long does it take to go from whatever to oil? Decades, millions of years? Regardless, its not the oil, its the sudden dumping of carbon into the air over a few decades that is the problem.

Chemicals, plastics, cosmetics, coatings, etc. are made from oil. But every engineer should know that.

Got a source? And fee free to tell us how a burning battery pack may harm you more than a ruptured gas tank.

When gasoline vehicles are involved in an accident, they sometimes catch fire and blow up. Did you know that? And the gasoline flows across the ground, around you feet.

Are windmills fully developed? Solar panels? Framers are placing acres of solar panels in their fields because they make more $$ for them than growing crops. Did you know that? The proof is in their efficiency and cost effectiveness. And they are displacing Nuclear plants cost billions and take a decade to build and coal plants that no one wants in their back yard.

So you want to keep government imposed emissions standards on vehicles and make them more stringent...for the foreseeable future? Well, did you know that GM and other manufacturers have plans for 100% electric vehicle production? Why would that be?

Climate change and pollution are not just US issues. Did you know that?
Well yes I did, I also took environmental conservations and water quality classes, how about you? I also continued my education because of regulations that impacted the business I was in, that included vapor and emission recoveries laws, storm water regulation, CNG installation and systems, industrial emission standards, Chemical and fuel spill containment and cleanup processes, environmental regulation both federal and state, chemical regulation, Damage Material Processing regulation including hazardous and extremely hazardous chemicals and products. Because of my position, I was responsible for more than just the engineers that reported to me or the projects that fell under my department. How about you?

Do you actually think Obama is the reason emission regulations came on the scene and we had nothing before the little muslim showed up?

You miss the point about oil, do you understand what happens to oil wells over a relatively short period of time? As far as products made from fossil fuels, do actually think the environmental alarmist understand how the products you listed are made? Do you think they understand the medical applications where fossil fuel is concerned, do you think they know their toothpaste, shaving cream, antihistamines, cortisone, food preservatives, clothing or how about them battery cases that are made from fossil fuels. Most engineers should know that too. Do you think the alarmist understand the thousands upon thousands of products they use, that are made from fossil fuel?

I guess you have never seen NiCad batteries cause a plane to crash right? I guess you didn't know about the regulations in place now that must be followed when those batteries or others types are transported? There is a reason those new regulation exist.

Did you know one of the processes for cleaning up gasoline contaminated soil is to aerate the soil until permissible contamination limits are achieved? Do you understand when gasoline burns off it is gone, but diesel is different and nasty little chemicals remain? Do you think chemicals burning are less dangerous to the atmosphere and people than gasoline burning?

Windmills fully developed? No. Did you know farmers also lease their land for those as well as new electrical grid towers? But lets run with your list and add a few while we are at it.
Solar panels fully developed? No.
Batteries fully development? No.
Hydrogen energy fully developed? ? No.
Thermal energy fully developed? No.
Hydroelectric energy fully developed? No.
Nuclear energy fully developed? No.

Are you seeing a trend yet?

Can you show me where I stated I want the government to impose more stringent emission standards? Or how about you admit you just assumed **** with no basis whatsoever, trying to prop up your failing position.

Improving efficiencies has its own rewards in the market place and the leaders in the industry understand this. People want efficiency because that normally translates into lower ownership cost for the consumer. It is also a huge market advantage for the manufacturer who can provide the most efficient product to the market. The automobile industry is a prime example, not just in fuel economy, but in performance with fuel economy. People buy the best bang for their buck across the entire consumer market spectrum and they will continue to do so. Stringent government regulation do not empower companies to pioneer efficient products, they instead push companies to only focus on the regulations they are saddled with and then look for ways to recoup that cost somewhere else. When pure competition is at play, it is a whole different ball game.

The Paris climate agreement targeted nations it thought it could swindle, while leaving the most aggressive contributors to poor global air quality alone, did you know that?

Last edited by 30YR W8T; 02-11-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Sifu-TZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 63 340HP View Post
We also agreed that these posts are OPINION editorial.

If you cannot differentiate Opinion editorial from Scientific Method, then I have a Climate Crisis scare to tax you with .
we still agree that the Burden of Proof belongs to the one making the claim? because that's true, and it is also a part of the scientific method.

keep your good weather and short shorts out there for me to visit now and again, I'll disregard the local loons and their crisis!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A world in disagreement on climate change.

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: