Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

I concede, Global Warming is real

Old 02-10-2019, 12:02 PM
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member

Default I concede, Global Warming is real

Forget about CO2 being 15 times higher 600 million years ago leading to the greatest expansion of life on Earth.

Forget about CO2 being 200 times higher in the past.

Forget about CO2 being 400 ppm today compared to 6000-7500 ppm 600 million years ago, and 80,000 ppm in the first atmosphere.

10,000 years ago, CO2 was about 275 ppm, yet read about global warming below regardless of CO2:

The Holocene Climate Optimum (HCO) was a warm period during roughly the interval 9,000 to 5,000 years BP. It has also been known by many other names, such as Altithermal, Climatic Optimum, Holocene Megathermal, Holocene Optimum, Holocene Thermal Maximum, Hypsithermal, and Mid-Holocene Warm Period.
The Holocene Climate Optimum warm event consisted of increases of up to 4 C near the North Pole (in one study, winter warming of 3 to 9 C and summer of 2 to 6 C in northern central Siberia).[1]
Northwestern Europe experienced warming, but there was cooling in Southern Europe.[2] The average temperature change appears to have declined rapidly with latitude and so essentially no change in mean temperature is reported at low and middle latitudes. Tropical reefs tend to show temperature increases of less than 1 C; the tropical ocean surface at the Great Barrier Reef about 5350 years ago was 1 C warmer and enriched in 18O by 0.5 per mil relative to modern seawater.[3] In terms of the global average, temperatures were probably warmer than now (depending on estimates of latitude dependence and seasonality in response patterns).[[url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed]citation needed] While temperatures in the Northern Hemisphere were warmer than average during the summers, the Tropics and parts of the Southern Hemisphere were colder than average.[4]

Out of 140 sites across the western Arctic, there is clear evidence for conditions warmer than now at 120 sites. At 16 sites, where quantitative estimates have been obtained, local HTM temperatures were on average 1.60.8 C higher than now. Northwestern North America had peak warmth first, from 11,000 to 9,000 years ago, and the Laurentide ice sheet still chilled the continent. Northeastern North America experienced peak warming 4,000 years later. Along the Arctic Coastal Plain in Alaska, there are indications of summer temperatures 23 C warmer than present.[5] Research indicates that the Arctic had less sea ice than the present.[6]

Current desert regions of Central Asia were extensively forested due to higher rainfall, and the warm temperate forest belts in China and Japanwere extended northwards.[7]

West African sediments additionally record the African Humid Period, an interval, between 16,000 and 6,000 years ago, when Africa was much wetter. This was caused by a strengthening of the African monsoon by changes in summer radiation, resulting from long-term variations in the Earth's orbit around the Sun. The "Green Sahara" was dotted with numerous lakes, containing typical African lake crocodile and hippopotamus fauna. A curious discovery from the marine sediments is that the transitions into and out of the wet period occurred within decades, not the previously-thought extended periods.[8] It is hypothesized that humans played a role in altering the vegetation structure of North Africa at some point after 8,000 years ago, when they introduced domesticated animals. This introduction contributed to the rapid transition to the arid conditions found in many locations in the Sahara.[9]

In the far Southern Hemisphere (New Zealand and Antarctica), the warmest period during the Holocene appears to have been roughly 8,000 to 10,500 years ago, immediately following the end of the last ice age.[10]
[11] By 6,000 years ago, the time normally associated with the Holocene Climatic Optimum in the Northern Hemisphere, they had reached temperatures similar to present ones, and they did not participate in the temperature changes of the north. However, some authors have used the term "Holocene Climatic Optimum" to describe the earlier southern warm period, as well.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holo...imatic_optimum

Last edited by ifitgoesfast; 02-10-2019 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:06 PM
Cooter Tech
CF Senior Member

Were they using those polluting mercury thermostats back then too?
Old 02-10-2019, 12:08 PM
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cooter Tech View Post
Were they using those polluting mercury thermostats back then too?
yes, the stone ones
Old 02-10-2019, 12:16 PM
Cygnus
CF Senior Member

Antarctica was once a lush tropical rain forest so, obviously the climate changes. Yosemite was carved by retreating glaciers, so yes it is easy to see that the climate has changed. Many examples exist that the climate has changed quite a few times over the last few billion years.

The key difference is now some liberal elites have found a way to get super rich by convincing the ignorant people that if they give all of their money, these elites can control the climate.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:18 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Unlike liberals....I thank climate change for coal....
Old 02-10-2019, 01:10 PM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

Default Profound One Liners! ;)

Originally Posted by owebo View Post
Sharp Cookie!
Old 02-10-2019, 04:15 PM
tikiman
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
Antarctica was once a lush tropical rain forest so, obviously the climate changes. Yosemite was carved by retreating glaciers, so yes it is easy to see that the climate has changed. Many examples exist that the climate has changed quite a few times over the last few billion years.

The key difference is now some liberal elites have found a way to get super rich by convincing the ignorant people that if they give all of their money, these elites can control the climate.

When you get right down to it, we haven't advanced that far as a species from when we just used to throw virgins in a volcano to appease the "volcano gods". Only these days, cretins sell snake oil like this to the ignorant masses for power and money.

P.T. Barnum was right.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:03 PM
virtue4u
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by owebo View Post

I can see some Dem, scratching their head and wondering what you mean.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:08 PM
99 Driver
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '09,'11

LOL!!!!!!!!! Global Warming is soooooooooo.....yesterday........... Today it is called Climate Change.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:44 PM
Platoface
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by 99 Driver View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!! Global Warming is soooooooooo.....yesterday........... Today it is called Climate Change.
wrong, that is so 2016... now it is Climate Disruption.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:42 PM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

Default Baam! ;)

Originally Posted by Platoface View Post
Bingo! It's just that simple.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:58 PM
99 Driver
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '09,'11

Originally Posted by Platoface View Post

new ice age....then...global warming....them climate change...now climate disruption...which is it....
Old 02-11-2019, 12:11 AM
TCracingCA
CF Senior Member

As I am now older, I always seem to have either the air-conditioner or the heater on while driving. Most of my life, I used to just roll down the window!!!!
Old 02-11-2019, 04:16 AM
tnvette2
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99 Driver View Post
new ice age....then...global warming....them climate change...now climate disruption...which is it....
Mother Nature, and not a dang thing anyone can do about it.......
Old 02-11-2019, 04:43 AM
mrvette
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by TCracingCA View Post
As I am now older, I always seem to have either the air-conditioner or the heater on while driving. Most of my life, I used to just roll down the window!!!!
EH, I"d love to see FLORIDA dry the hell OUT, for a change, folks at bottom of the hill would too, for sure.....
Old 02-11-2019, 05:05 AM
Zrxmax
CF Senior Member

Default Read all about it...

Geo Engineering is a well documented activity... a number of Federal agencies are involved... its old news.

Go ahead and pull your conspiracy theory card out if you are that ignorant.... its here and its real... learn about it.

https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/
Old 02-11-2019, 07:22 AM
MrJlr
CF Senior Member

Coldest Winter here in California I can remember in 30 years
Old 02-11-2019, 08:56 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: 1.Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me... 2.Build the WALL!
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by MrJlr View Post

global warming
Old 02-11-2019, 10:04 AM
virtue4u
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by MrJlr View Post
Arctic ice is currently the same as it was 14 years ago.
MMGW scientists performed a great calculation and said there would be no Arctic ice.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:07 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: 1.Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me... 2.Build the WALL!
St. Jude Donor '09

seattle getting a taste of GW too. Karma.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I concede, Global Warming is real

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: