Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Here we go - 2019 tax filers - more owe; lower refunds

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Here we go - 2019 tax filers - more owe; lower refunds

Old 02-11-2019, 12:47 PM
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Gallup said that is the first time the level has reach 50 percent since 2007.

“Americans' optimism about their personal finances has climbed to levels not seen in more than 16 years, with 69 percent now saying they expect to be financially better off 'at this time next year,'" said Gallup.

The highlights:
  • 69 percent expect their financial situation to improve over the next year.
  • Optimism about finances over the next year is almost at a record-high level.
  • 50 percent say they are in better shape financially than a year ago.

The president has been touting the economy and stock market recently, and Republicans are urging him to continue with policies like deregulation that can continue to feed growth.

While partisanship colors the view of Democrats and Republicans on their level of optimism, both expressed confidence in the future.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:48 PM
RJ-92
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by wave_3 View Post
In the minds of a simpleton it does. This reminds me of when I was in High School, my mom was the CFO of a manufacturing company and they decided to move from weekly pay to bi-weekly. No matter how many times they explained it they still had a large group of workers that were sure they were getting screwed out of a week of pay.
This is exactly why taxes are payroll deducted. 90% of people don't pay any attention. All they look at is their take home pay. Can you imagine if everyone was paid like a 1099 self-employed individual? Where they get their gross pay then at the end of the year, they see their taxable liability and have to cut the gov't a check for that amount? America would flip it's collective wig! There would be people literally marching in the streets.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:50 PM
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-‘19

Originally Posted by RJ-92 View Post
This is exactly why taxes are payroll deducted. 90% of people don't pay any attention. All they look at is their take home pay. Can you imagine if everyone was paid like a 1099 self-employed individual? Where they get their gross pay then at the end of the year, they see their taxable liability and have to cut the gov't a check for that amount? America would flip it's collective wig! There would be people literally marching in the streets.
I wish it was. Perhaps then people might actually give a damn about how much money is being wasted.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:55 PM
jashmore1234
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by tistan View Post
Sounds like more Americans made more money than previous years and are whining because they were too damn stupid to adjust their withholdings.
yep
Old 02-11-2019, 12:58 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Here we go - 2019 tax filers - more owe; lower refunds

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: