Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

LIB heads are EXPLODING.....52% APPROVAL FOR TRUMP...

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

LIB heads are EXPLODING.....52% APPROVAL FOR TRUMP...

 
Old 02-09-2019, 05:13 PM
  #41  
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member
 
Dr Bee's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,194
Thanked 54 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by glbeauchamp View Post
First off Dr Bee, I'm not going after you here, (actually agreeing with you) just addressing the situation. I'd consider someone with severe dementia or Alziemer's a candidate for not voting. There have been numerous reported instances (no, I'm not going to provide them. Look up yourself) going to rest homes and registering these people, then either coaching them which boxes to check or filling out the ballots for them. And how do you think those "zombies" voted? If I remember correctly, the voting age used to be 21, but was changed in the late 60's or early 70's due to service members not being able to vote. The drinking age was changed around the same time. In Wisconsin, there were 18 year old beer bars and hard liquor required age of 21. That was changed three times in just about as many years. Now the drinking age is 21 overall. It was determined that 18-20 was too young do handle alcohol (any age is too young for some people IMO). If only the same determination could be reached for voting, with a military service exception. If you're old enough to fight, you should be old enough to vote. Same for drinking. The democrats are pushing for the voting age to be LOWERED. Washington Dc wants the age lowered to 16 for President. How long before some of the states push for this genius proposal? Wouldn't THAT be great? As far as a basic voting knowledge test, some of the people who get elected couldn't pass one of those, AOC being a prime example. I'm all for it. .
Speaking of stuff I don't have the energy to look up, there is good research available that suggests the judgment center of the brain is the final lobe to fully develop. In girls it's about age 22ish and guys about 24-25. This is one of the reasons why you could vote at 18 but couldn't rent a car until 25 (although I think that's changed too). Risk statistics say once a person reaches 25 their accident rates drop sharply because, among other reasons, they are more equipped to make intelligent decisions and forecast the potential results of those decisions. Even tho the age to rent a car has dropped, brain development continues on the same schedule. I like 25 for voting for that reason and a few others. I was a decently bright 18 yr old (admitted to college at 16) and I'm telling you I had zero business deciding for myself which local, state, and national candidates represented my best interests or what was best for the country because I did not possess an adequate understanding of either.

Last edited by Dr Bee; 02-09-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Dr Bee is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 05:40 PM
  #42  
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member
 
glbeauchamp's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2006
Location: Douglas County WI
Posts: 1,274
Thanked 101 Times in 95 Posts
Default

Age 25 is when insurance rates drop, too (or at least did when I was that age a LONG time ago) no doubt because of this. And like you say, under 21-25, most kids haven't really been exposed to the real world yet. Parents have been supporting them and they have no grasp of having to support themselves. Hence, they are attracted to the "free ****" like moths to a flame. The dems exploit this relentlessly.
glbeauchamp is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 08:36 PM
  #43  
Johnny Hardcore
CF Senior Member
 
Johnny Hardcore's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2004
Location: Sleepy Hollow- Plainfield NJ
Posts: 919
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

This thread is funny....Rassmussen is the most innacurate polling of all. Take a look at Reuters.
Trumps approval rate is still under 40%.

Not to mention...in January there were 800k additional people not being paid for their work because of Trump. Also, have any of you filed your taxes yet? I did and the new $10k SALT deduction cap screwed me out of more than $15k compared to previous years. The monthly offset doesn't even come close to a 1/4 of that $15k.
A lot of you folks are in for a rude awakening.
Johnny Hardcore is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:01 PM
  #44  
Vitoc
CF Senior Member
 
Vitoc's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 39,270
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny Hardcore View Post
This thread is funny....Rassmussen is the most innacurate polling of all. Take a look at Reuters.
Trumps approval rate is still under 40%.

Not to mention...in January there were 800k additional people not being paid for their work because of Trump. Also, have any of you filed your taxes yet? I did and the new $10k SALT deduction cap screwed me out of more than $15k compared to previous years. The monthly offset doesn't even come close to a 1/4 of that $15k.
A lot of you folks are in for a rude awakening.
We know how well polling worked out in 2016.

...but I'm sure it's totally accurate now, probably.
Vitoc is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:27 PM
  #45  
Walford
CF Senior Member
 
Walford's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2002
Location: Half-drunk. Will travel.
Posts: 64,949
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Waitaminit... WTF?




I did not know that Trump has consistently had slightly better approval in his 2nd year than Obidiot had in his. F*ing lying media.
Walford is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:34 PM
  #46  
Low12s
CF Senior Member
 
Low12s's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2004
Location: Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the Rain.
Posts: 46,867
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny Hardcore View Post
This thread is funny....Rassmussen is the most innacurate polling of all. Take a look at Reuters.
Trumps approval rate is still under 40%.

Not to mention...in January there were 800k additional people not being paid for their work because of Trump. Also, have any of you filed your taxes yet? I did and the new $10k SALT deduction cap screwed me out of more than $15k compared to previous years. The monthly offset doesn't even come close to a 1/4 of that $15k.
A lot of you folks are in for a rude awakening.
Not sure where you get your facts from.
Low12s is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:35 PM
  #47  
Johnny Hardcore
CF Senior Member
 
Johnny Hardcore's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2004
Location: Sleepy Hollow- Plainfield NJ
Posts: 919
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Vitoc View Post
We know how well polling worked out in 2016.

...but I'm sure it's totally accurate now, probably.
The primary issues with polling is A) the ask and B) the targeted audience. If the polling in question pertains to overall satisfaction vs dissatisfaction you will get an answer from people based on popularity overall .

In the case of 2016 the polling was off due to the electoral college and the influence that each individual state has on the outcome vs. The popular or unpopular majority.

Reuters like most others got it wrong in 2016 when it came to the election primarily due to the above.

Last edited by Johnny Hardcore; 02-09-2019 at 11:36 PM.
Johnny Hardcore is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:36 PM
  #48  
Axelrod
CF Senior Member
 
Axelrod's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Location: North East
Posts: 7,359
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny Hardcore View Post
This thread is funny....Rassmussen is the most innacurate polling of all. Take a look at Reuters.
Trumps approval rate is still under 40%.

Not to mention...in January there were 800k additional people not being paid for their work because of Trump. Also, have any of you filed your taxes yet? I did and the new $10k SALT deduction cap screwed me out of more than $15k compared to previous years. The monthly offset doesn't even come close to a 1/4 of that $15k.
A lot of you folks are in for a rude awakening.
Move, or plan ahead. A lack of tax planning seems to be the issue here.
Axelrod is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:45 PM
  #49  
Johnny Hardcore
CF Senior Member
 
Johnny Hardcore's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2004
Location: Sleepy Hollow- Plainfield NJ
Posts: 919
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Axelrod View Post
Move, or plan ahead. A lack of tax planning seems to be the issue here.
Not much more I could do to plan ahead when I'm in the top 3%, have no kids, and live in a coastal state.
Sure I could move to a less desirable state and take a lesser paying job and pump out a few kids... but that's not going to happen.

I can afford to not get the return I wanted but that's usually my car mod money. So I'm definitely not going to like it.
Enjoy your reduction!
Johnny Hardcore is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 12:47 AM
  #50  
Over9K
CF Senior Member
 
Over9K's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2016
Posts: 16,956
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Walford View Post
Waitaminit... WTF?




I did not know that Trump has consistently had slightly better approval in his 2nd year than Obidiot had in his. F*ing lying media.
I've only been saying it every time it's been brought up. Trump, with a hostile media, the coup, the hoax investigations... better job approval numbers on average than Obama, the beloved Nobel Peace Prize winning, savior of the world...
Over9K is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 05:31 PM
  #51  
Johnny Hardcore
CF Senior Member
 
Johnny Hardcore's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2004
Location: Sleepy Hollow- Plainfield NJ
Posts: 919
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Low12s View Post
Not sure where you get your facts from.
Are you kidding me? There are countless indications of what I've stated above from multiple disparate sources. All you would have to do is investigate and review mutpile sources and you'd be able to rationalize your own opinion of truth. Without getting all your information from one source. Pretty simple logic. More people should try it. Instead we have a **** load of mindless zombies regurgitating what they believe to be fact based on their one "trusted" source.

Rasumussen is known for its repeated inaccuracies according to the poll rankings and third party sources. Rasmussen only robo calls landlines as their standard OP. How many people (not businesses) do you know under the age of 50 that have a land line in this day and age? Half of Americans do not have landlines. Which means half of Americans are being left off the Rasmussen polls. Yeah Rasmussen got the 2016 election correct.... but we all know the light is gonna shine on a dogs *** sooner or later.

Then if you are questioning the 800k plus government workers that weren't paid due to the Trump initiated and proudly owned shut down...you are either ignorant, deaf, blind, or wilfully dilusional. Better yet...just ask a friend under government employee.

If you're questioning my facts om my tax situation that's just silly. Wait until more of you file. If you make mid to high six figures, live in a large home with large property in a coastal state, and don't have kids... you will find out soon enough. Now we all get to pay for the slack not being picked up by others. The threads will start on this forum within the next week or two, you'll see.
Johnny Hardcore is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 05:40 PM
  #52  
Jasil
CF Senior Member
 
Jasil's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: Slidell La
Posts: 3,023
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Just like Bitcoin people gambled on Trump.......and just like Bitcoin people are regretting it!

If he doesn't change his tune noway he or any pub is the next POTUS>
Jasil is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 10:26 AM
  #53  
Axelrod
CF Senior Member
 
Axelrod's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Location: North East
Posts: 7,359
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jasil View Post
Just like Bitcoin people gambled on Trump.......and just like Bitcoin people are regretting it!

If he doesn't change his tune noway he or any pub is the next POTUS>
Trump's reign as CEO of bitcoin was a disaster!
Axelrod is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 10:32 AM
  #54  
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
1%r's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2003
Location: Americans First
Posts: 71,788
Thanked 76 Times in 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Default

1%r is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 10:40 AM
  #55  
Over9K
CF Senior Member
 
Over9K's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2016
Posts: 16,956
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 1%r View Post
That'll knot up some panty gussets this morning.
Over9K is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 10:41 AM
  #56  
Over9K
CF Senior Member
 
Over9K's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2016
Posts: 16,956
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Lookit that... dead even on Hekking's favorite metric, the approval index, too...
Over9K is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:05 PM
  #57  
jashmore1234
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,624
Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Trump is crushing it.
jashmore1234 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:17 PM
  #58  
Tri-Tip
CF Senior Member
 
Tri-Tip's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 1999
Location: PR&C - The Safe Space for today's Conservative.
Posts: 24,142
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 66jack View Post
Should be more like 70+%...if he was treated with respect by the 'msm'...



The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trumpís job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove.



The latest figures include 38% who Strongly Approve of the job Trump is doing and 41% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -3. (see trends).




http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ez_track_feb08
The MSM shows him the same respect he shows them. You reap what you sow.

Average this "approval" rating of 50%, with the other of 38%, and you're at 44%, still pitiful.
Tri-Tip is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:18 PM
  #59  
Tri-Tip
CF Senior Member
 
Tri-Tip's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 1999
Location: PR&C - The Safe Space for today's Conservative.
Posts: 24,142
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NBM LS1 M6 View Post
The other 50% are illegal aliens, zombies, and clueless people who should never have the right to vote.
So why don't you:
  1. Go Zombie Hunting and remove them
  2. Show me an illegal alien that voted
  3. Get out of your silo and go educate the clueless people.
Tri-Tip is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:19 PM
  #60  
Over9K
CF Senior Member
 
Over9K's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2016
Posts: 16,956
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

And there's the knotted gusset now...
Over9K is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LIB heads are EXPLODING.....52% APPROVAL FOR TRUMP...


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: