Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Question to "Conservatives"

Old 02-11-2019, 04:06 PM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SlothX311 View Post
Tell me with a straight face that guy is anything but a righty.
He aint anything but a "righty"
Old 02-11-2019, 04:06 PM
ZumZum
CF Senior Member

You guys want to try to act like this dude with the anti-Obama, gun toting, freedom sniffing message blasted all of the back of his truck wasn't a republican voter thats fine. I'm looking for a genuine answer to my question. There are plenty of anti-muslim, anti-freedom of (non-favorable) speech threads and posts on this subforum.
@bolded. Which sticker would that be?
Old 02-11-2019, 04:07 PM
calwldlife
CF Senior Member

luv it when libs self identify.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:07 PM
SlothX311
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZumZum View Post
The anti-muslim sticker aside, why do you assume stickers supporting our country and the constitution are "conservative" ideals. Are you saying liberals don't support those ideals?
No I actually consider myself an extreme conservative when it comes to constitutional issues. Example: the Patriot Act was the most egregious revocation of our 4th amendment rights ever put into law. Most rightys think I'm crazy for saying that.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:08 PM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

Genuine inquiry: Please explain the double standard within conservative circles associated with the rights of "all men." Specifically; religious freedoms & speech freedoms.

Some context: I was driving the other day and noticed a truck next to me at the stoplight, he was a few vehicles up from mine. This guy had a giant USA flag, Glock decal, "Don't Tread On Me," "We The People," "Muslims Go Home" stickers on his rear window; along with some other less significant stickers signaling to the world he was a REAL MAN. So the guy is unknowingly (or knowingly) participating in a double standard here. He's clearly interested upholding the moral spirit of the founding articles of the country he loves so dearly. Yet, at the same time... trampling on religious freedoms of Muslims, potentially even American born, legal US Citizen Muslims.

So I ask, what's this all about? If you claim to be a die hard conservative why are there such harsh feelings against anyone that isn't Christian? Why would you want to censor speech, even if its not favorable to your political party? Why do conservatives allow this behavior within their party?
All I can tell you is we are going to continue to **** on the Muslims until they separate church and state. The church is not the state, and if it was, there would not be any religious freedom. So really the truth here is instead of there being a double standard, you just have your head up your ***.

Last edited by PatternDayTrader; 02-11-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:08 PM
ZumZum
CF Senior Member

No I actually consider myself an extreme conservative when it comes to constitutional issues. Example: the Patriot Act was the most egregious revocation of our 4th amendment rights ever put into law. Most rightys think I'm crazy for saying that.
So those stickers don't represent only "conservative" ideals
Thanks.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:09 PM
SlothX311
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZumZum View Post
@bolded. Which sticker would that be?
Originally Posted by The Creeper View Post
So now, all of the sudden, he also has an anti-Obama sticker?
; along with some other less significant stickers signaling to the world he was a REAL MAN.
See OP
Old 02-11-2019, 04:10 PM
sstonebreaker
CF Senior Member

Genuine inquiry: Please explain the double standard within conservative circles associated with the rights of "all men." Specifically; religious freedoms & speech freedoms.

Some context: I was driving the other day and noticed a truck next to me at the stoplight, he was a few vehicles up from mine. This guy had a giant USA flag, Glock decal, "Don't Tread On Me," "We The People," "Muslims Go Home" stickers on his rear window; along with some other less significant stickers signaling to the world he was a REAL MAN. So the guy is unknowingly (or knowingly) participating in a double standard here. He's clearly interested upholding the moral spirit of the founding articles of the country he loves so dearly. Yet, at the same time... trampling on religious freedoms of Muslims, potentially even American born, legal US Citizen Muslims.

So I ask, what's this all about? If you claim to be a die hard conservative why are there such harsh feelings against anyone that isn't Christian? Why would you want to censor speech, even if its not favorable to your political party? Why do conservatives allow this behavior within their party?
Nobody's perfect, but conservatives are WAY less hypocritical than progressives. We don't race bait, we leave other people alone to live their lives even if we disagree with them, as long as they don't affect anyone else; and the fact is, the religious tenets of islam go against the founding ideals of the United States. As long as they were keeping those bits to themselves, folks left them alone. But now muslims are openly advocating for sharia law, so no, they have to go. That has nothing to do with their beliefs, merely their behavior and how it affects others.

Jim Crow, sharia, same **** different day.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:10 PM
Red99SS
CF Senior Member

So without sidestepping here... are you saying its okay to pick and choose which religions are okay to be practiced in the United States? Not talking about fringe extremists. Religion.
You really couldn't be more obvious about fishing for religious bigotry so you can virtue signal.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:11 PM
The Creeper
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

See OP
Until you edit it, it still ainít there.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:11 PM
Mr D.
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Boy, are you on drugs?

So a guy has;
1) Giant USA flag decal
2) Glock decal,
3) Don't Tread On Me decal
4) We The People decal
5) Muslims Go Home decal

And somehow you drove away with the impression this had something to do with Christians? I don't see anything about religion in any of those bumper stickers and everything about free speech. As for Muslims go home I think a certain percent of the population still remembers 9/11 are sensitive to that just as Dems are sensitive to the southern border, after all they shout ICE go home.

As for the real man part have to looked at some of these Beta Males??????
Old 02-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Over9K
CF Senior Member

There's a reason "Sloth" is one of the seven deadlies... just sayin'...
calwldlife
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Red99SS View Post
You really couldn't be more obvious about fishing for religious bigotry so you can virtue signal.
but but but he says he is a con.
Cygnus
CF Senior Member

Genuine questions.

Was this guy blocking up the highway?
Was he pulling people from their cars and assaulting them?
Was he setting fires to any cars or buildings?
Was he throwing cans filled with concrete at people?
Was he asking others to burn this bitch down?
Was he holding a severed head of any politician?
Was he asking others when was the last time a politician was assassinated?
Was he asking others to find members of any political party and create a crowd to tell them that they are not welcome here?

Oh wait, you assumed that this guy minding his own business was a conservative, so obviously he wasn't being violent or asking others to be.
SlothX311
CF Senior Member

wtf is virtue signal?!
Over9K
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mr D. View Post
Boy, are you on drugs?

So a guy has;
1) Giant USA flag decal
2) Glock decal,
3) Don't Tread On Me decal
4) We The People decal
5) Muslims Go Home decal

And somehow you drove away with the impression this had something to do with Christians? I don't see anything about religion in any of those bumper stickers and everything about free speech. As for Muslims go home I think a certain percent of the population still remembers 9/11 are sensitive to that just as Dems are sensitive to the southern border, after all they shout ICE go home.

As for the real man part have to looked at some of these Beta Males??????

Apparently we're supposed to read into "less significant stickers" as anything he'll need to add to his argument later...
Old 02-11-2019, 04:13 PM
The Creeper
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

No he is only fishing for anti Muslim bigotry, Christian or Jew bigotry is totally cool.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:13 PM
Red99SS
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Over9K View Post
Apparently we're supposed to read into "less significant stickers" as anything he'll need to add to his argument later...
By post 50, there will have been a swastika on there.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:14 PM
SlothX311
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Over9K View Post
There's a reason "Sloth" is one of the seven deadlies... just sayin'...
Just a nickname from when I was a kid. Guess I should come up with something more cool like "onefastvette" or "thefastestevarrrr" or "youLUUUUZE"
Old 02-11-2019, 04:15 PM
grandpawmoses
CF Senior Member

Pickup trucks decorated with those window stickers represent less than 1% of conservatives. Much like the Hell's Angles represent less than 1% of all motorcycle riders.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question to "Conservatives"

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: