Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

My MAGA hat causes racism against me

Old 02-28-2019, 12:52 PM
Frankie the Fink
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 3,348 Times in 2,655 Posts

Some here obviously havenít supervised people in modern times. Sex, religion and politics in the workplace is just asking for trouble, disgruntled employees and poor performance.

Some will find ways to get back at you indirectly in ways you canít effectively respond to.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:54 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
I did not care for Obama one bit and NEVER have treated some poorly because they like and supported him. With all due respect, ***** em...

Bullshit...as in total BULLSHIT!! (@ bold)
Good for you. You're a 3%er
Old 02-28-2019, 12:54 PM
Tri-Tip
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by TCracingCA View Post
You canít get more Anti-America, than hating a hat that says Make America Great Again!
Most people don't feel the hat corresponds to America, most feel that it corresponds to trump specifically. It's really easy to be pro-America and anti-trump at the same time.

In my opinion, all politics should be kept out of the workplace. When I'm at a clients office and politics comes up, I excuse myself as it's a no-win situation and not as important as what I'm there to do.

Last edited by Tri-Tip; 02-28-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:55 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tri-Tip View Post
Most people don't feel the hat corresponds to America, most feel that it corresponds to trump specifically. It's really easy to be pro-America and anti-trump at the same time.
Yep, that was a specious comment. MAGA is about Trump, not America.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:57 PM
Tri-Tip
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
I did not care for Obama one bit and NEVER have treated some poorly because they like and supported him. With all due respect, ***** em...
So you say you never treated them poorly, and then you say **** em. Good way to contradict yourself.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:58 PM
rprice
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
Some here obviously havenít supervised people in modern times. Sex, religion and politics in the workplace is just asking for trouble, disgruntled employees and poor performance.

Some will find ways to get back at you indirectly in ways you canít effectively respond to.
You are correct. That's why I never ever talk sex, religion or politics at work. Apparently I can't have a MAGA hat in the window of my car either. I just think that's so petty and juvenile. Oh well.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:01 PM
jasper711
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
I'm not suggesting you aren't being truthful in the bolded...... but lets be honest, 97% of the PRC Trumpers would treat them (the "Trump sucks" hat guys) the same way you're being treated at work. Politics suck. Most politicians (Trump included) run on the same tired platform similar to "we need unity!" and in the end we become even more divided by politics.

My suggestion... don't bring it to work. I was a supervisor for a decade and rarely discussed or demonstrated political or religious beliefs. Work isn't the place for that stuff (and I realize you're talking about the back window of your car).
More bullshit.

It is funny/tragic to see how liberals assume all others are as racist and exclusionary as they are.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:03 PM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

Fair enough. My limited opinion is based on what I see in PRC daily... a lot of hatred for democrats and specifically anyone negative towards Trump. So if the "Trump sucks" hat people were democrats, and this is a safe assumption, the PRC people would be no better.
No Trump supporter I know would confront, attack, scream at, vandalize their property, or generally be a jerk to someone wearing a "Trump sucks" hat. Tolerance and diversity, doncha know.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:04 PM
rprice
CF Senior Member

I totally agree! The hat is about trump. It's just ridiculous to me that if one person supports trump and the other person does not support trump that they have to be enemies. I personally have good friends that hate trump but yet we are good friends. hell we even talk politics at times. I mean how does someone judge me by a hat?
Old 02-28-2019, 01:05 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by glbeauchamp View Post
No Trump supporter I know would confront, attack, scream at, vandalize their property, or generally be a jerk to someone wearing a "Trump sucks" hat. Tolerance and diversity, doncha know.
And.... No Democrat I know would do the same to a Trump supporter, but that doesn't fly in PRC
Old 02-28-2019, 01:06 PM
Kobie
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '19

Wrong again

It can be about Trump and America

It can be Trump

It can be America

But it's no one's FK business what someone else is wearing!!!!
Old 02-28-2019, 01:06 PM
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-Ď19

Originally Posted by rprice View Post
You are correct. That's why I never ever talk sex, religion or politics at work. Apparently I can't have a MAGA hat in the window of my car either. I just think that's so petty and juvenile. Oh well.

That's a good approach to take, although you could actually get fired over the hat or a pro-Trump bumper sticker on you car as well, if your employer was so inclined.

Doesn't make it right, unfortunately.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:07 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

I totally agree! The hat is about trump. It's just ridiculous to me that if one person supports trump and the other person does not support trump that they have to be enemies. I personally have good friends that hate trump but yet we are good friends. hell we even talk politics at times. I mean how does someone judge me by a hat?
Yep. My girlfriend is a staunch Trump supporter and I can't stand him. Yet somehow we have civil conversations and accept each other's differences in opinion. Imagine that!
Old 02-28-2019, 01:09 PM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

Yep. My girlfriend is a staunch Trump supporter and I can't stand him. Yet somehow we have civil conversations and accept each other's differences in opinion. Imagine that!
It is a well established fact the the woman is ALWAYS right!!
Old 02-28-2019, 01:10 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by glbeauchamp View Post
It is a well established fact the the woman is ALWAYS right!!
I will say this...... She always gets the last word
Old 02-28-2019, 01:11 PM
rprice
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post
That's a good approach to take, although you could actually get fired over the hat or a pro-Trump bumper sticker on you car as well, if your employer was so inclined.

I'm not doubting you, just don't know how that could happen. What laws or rules would allow that to happen?
Old 02-28-2019, 01:12 PM
TCracingCA
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tri-Tip View Post

In my opinion, all politics should be kept out of the workplace. When I'm at a clients office and politics comes up, I excuse myself as it's a no-win situation and not as important any what I'm there to do.
The hat clearly says America!!!!!!!!

It is interesting that a hat with an actual good message, regardless of where it came from, has flashed out so many that hate America, our Constitution and Laws!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 02-28-2019 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:15 PM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post

I don't know if this is true or not, but supposedly when Le Ioccoca took over at Chrylser, he had every foreign car in the parking lot towed.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:16 PM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

yes it is; but, it is all the more reason for the boss to take the "high road". Merely having it there could be construed as a psychological attempt to steer your employees to your political views. How does the saying go, "Rule #1, the boss is never wrong. Rule # 2, when the boss is wrong see rule # 1" . . .
Old 02-28-2019, 01:17 PM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

I will say this...... She always gets the last word
I have discovered that the alternative is not worth pursuing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My MAGA hat causes racism against me

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: