Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

My MAGA hat causes racism against me

Old 02-28-2019, 01:18 PM
jasper711
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
Fair enough. My limited opinion is based on what I see in PRC daily... a lot of hatred for democrats and specifically anyone negative towards Trump. So if the "Trump sucks" hat people were democrats, and this is a safe assumption, the PRC people would be no better.
What happens on an internet political forum is not what happens when we encounter real people. And what you percieve as hatred and negativity is often times no more than simply not letting your false drivel fly unchecke

Example:
My Street has 17 homes/families
2 are young couples with small kids that stay mostly to themselves, one is a contractor and the other family is 2 income gov jobs.
10 are stark raving liberals. An opportunity to slam American values is never missed by these mouthpeices.
3 are folks that admit privately conservative values, but do not speak out, not even when the 10 loudmouths are cackling with mis-information.
Two of us are conservatives that will simply voice a correction when others are slamming our values. That is 'too much' hatred for the stark raving liberals, they noticeably avoid us, and assume all kinds of prejudice that does not exist. Who is prejudice??

Myself and one of the quiet conservatives host neighborhood picnics about once every two years and all are warmly invited. It does not take long for one of the liberals to tell some obviously misunderstood joke about joke. Wink wink, nod nod, pretty soon all 10 are giggling and cackling about old lines like "George Bush said the French have no word for Entrepreneur" and by merely stating that never happened we are the bad guys.

Last edited by jasper711; 02-28-2019 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:25 PM
Road machine
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by rprice View Post
I have a MAGA hat that stays in the back window of my daily driver. It is very visible to anyone behind me or anyone seeing my car parked. At work where I am a supervisor there are African Americans who will not speak to me unless they are forced to do so in their job duties. They truly believe that because I have a MAGA hat in the window of my car I am racist. This just blows my mind. I smile and try to communicate with them in everyday conversation yet they will not speak to me unless their job duty requires them to do so. This upsets me but I ain't about to stop parading my MAGA hat.

hell, if they had on a hat that said Trump sucks it would not matter to me. I would still treat them the same way I do anyone.
How do you know this???? Maybe they just think your an *******... because you tell them what to do. Did you ever think about that??? Or is it just better to claim your a victim of Trump hatred.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:27 PM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

As the messiah instructed them "Get in their face." That's a great way to start a civil dialogue, isn't it?
Old 02-28-2019, 01:29 PM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Road machine View Post
How do you know this???? Maybe they just think your an *******... because you tell them what to do. Did you ever think about that??? Or is it just better to claim your a victim of Trump hatred.
He didn't say he KNEW it, he said he truly believed it. There is a difference.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:31 PM
Over9K
CF Senior Member

Many folks cannot separate discussion of politics and life.

For them politics becomes life.

This is why I don't connect my politics with my daily life. I don't wear political clothing, I don't put political slogans on my vehicles, I don't discuss politics in mixed company. That's what political events, forums, and discussion groups are for. I don't go out in public looking to spread an ideology or attempt to troll the other side, and while I feel it's everyone's right to show support for their chosen candidate, I choose to remain publicly ambiguous.

People that can do the same are people that I can interact with on a personal level, and I don't make political distinctions there, none. I don't personally interact with either vocal conservatives or liberals. I do interact and am longtime, lifetime friends with conservatives and liberals that live their lives as reasonable people that may express an opinion occasionally, hear an opposing opinion without taking it personally, and move on, taking their vote into the voting booth, without wearing it on their sleeve.

I have found that the first person to bring politics into a conversation where they aren't being discussed, is the last person one wants to discuss politics with. The wife herself is perplexed at my opinion of our neighbor, a hardcore Trump supporter, who she sees as holding the same opinions as my own.

I explained to her that he may hold the same opinions as my own, but it is how he chooses to express them that I find distasteful. I'm very aware that I'm not the cuddliest teddy-bear in the toy box, but I reserve my teeth and claws for this playpen, the intended space for discussion of this nature, and I believe that the First Amendment gives us the right to Free Speech, not the right to be an ******* about it, and shoving things down people's throats that aren't asking for it, whether it's the LGBT agenda, or Pro-Choice, or Jesus, or Trump, is being the worst kind of *******.

Last edited by Over9K; 02-28-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:34 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by jasper711 View Post
What happens on an internet political forum is not what happens when we encounter real people. And what you percieve as hatred and negativity is often times no more than simply not letting your false drivel fly unchecke

Example:
My Street has 17 homes/families
2 are young couples with small kids that stay mostly to themselves, one is a contractor and the other family is 2 income gov jobs.
10 are stark raving liberals. An opportunity to slam American values is never missed by these mouthpeices.
3 are folks that admit privately conservative values, but do not speak out, not even with the 10 loudmouths are cackling about mis-information.
Two of us are conservatives that will simply voice a correction when others are slamming our values. That is 'too much' hatred for the stark raving liberals, they noticeably avoid us, and assume all kinds of prejudice that does not exist. Who is prejudice??

Myself and one of the quiet conservatives host neighborhood picnics about once every two years and all are warmly invited. It does not take long for one of the liberals to tell some obviously misunderstood joke about joke. Wink wink, nod nod, pretty soon all 10 are giggling and cackling about old lines like "George Bush said the French have no word for Entrepreneur" and by merely stating that never happened we are the bad guys.

So.... Trump supporters on PRC go on long rants all about how much they hate the democrats and then spend time with them socially....... what's the word I'm looking for here....................... hmmm
Old 02-28-2019, 01:35 PM
DJ_Critterus
CF Senior Member

Location: FL.... America's Wang! No shrinkage. Winter's not coming!
St. Jude Donor '09

So.... Trump supporters on PRC go on long rants all about how much they hate the democrats and then spend time with them socially....... what's the word I'm looking for here....................... hmmm
Then there are those of us who will not have anything to do with democrats in a social setting beyond abiding by the law if we are somehow forced or tricked into being in a social setting with them.

Last edited by DJ_Critterus; 02-28-2019 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:37 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Over9K View Post
Many folks cannot separate discussion of politics and life.

For them politics becomes life.

This is why I don't connect my politics with my daily life. I don't wear political clothing, I don't put political slogans on my vehicles, I don't discuss politics in mixed company. That's what political events, forums, and discussion groups are for. I don't go out in public looking to spread an ideology or attempt to troll the other side, and while I feel it's everyone's right to show support for their chosen candidate, I choose to remain publicly ambiguous.

People that can do the same are people that I can interact with on a personal level, and I don't make political distinctions there, none. I don't personally interact with either vocal conservatives or liberals. I do interact and am longtime, lifetime friends with conservatives and liberals that live their lives as reasonable people that may express an opinion occasionally, hear an opposing opinion without taking it personally, and move on, taking their vote into the voting booth, without wearing it on their sleeve.

I have found that the first person to bring politics into a conversation where they aren't being discussed, is the last person one wants to discuss politics with. The wife herself is perplexed at my opinion of our neighbor, a hardcore Trump supporter, who she sees as holding the same opinions as my own.

I explained to her that he may hold the same opinions as my own, but it is how he chooses to express them that I find distasteful. I'm very aware that I'm not the cuddliest teddy-bear in the toy box, but I reserve my teeth and claws for this playpen, the intended space for discussion of this nature, and I believe that the First Amendment gives us the right to Free Speech, not the right to be an ******* about it, and shoving things down people's throats that aren't asking for it, whether it's the LGBT agenda, or Pro-Choice, or Jesus, or Trump, is being the worst kind of *******.

Well said. I'd add religion in there too.

I come here for a daily dose of entertainment and the occasional interesting discussion (having one right now with Vitoc in a different thread). I do the same in a religion-only forum. When I exit the forum the people I see are just people and I don't really care who they voted for or which god they think is super real.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:37 PM
Over9K
CF Senior Member

I suppose you spend the whole day being an arrogant **** to everyone you meet in your daily life, like you do here?
Old 02-28-2019, 01:38 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
Then there are those of us who will not have anything to do with democrats in a social setting beyond abiding by the law if we are somehow forced or tricked into being in a social setting with them.
^^^^^^ This I can respect. I disagree with your worldview and think it's incredibly narrow-minded and potentially bigoted, but it's also consistent with the beliefs you mention here.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:38 PM
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-19

Originally Posted by rprice View Post
I'm not doubting you, just don't know how that could happen. What laws or rules would allow that to happen?

There are numerous demonstrated instances regarding private employers, and it's extended to social media as well. The recent example involving Google comes to mind:

The First Amendment won't protect you from saying something your company doesn't like

As I said, doesn't make it right, but one needs to be circumspect regarding their place of employment and how things might be perceived. This would of course include approaching this topic in any way with your employees.

Originally Posted by glbeauchamp View Post
I don't know if this is true or not, but supposedly when Le Ioccoca took over at Chrylser, he had every foreign car in the parking lot towed.
Given Iacocca's style, that wouldn't be a surprise.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:39 PM
Over9K
CF Senior Member

Well said. I'd add religion in there too.

I come here for a daily dose of entertainment and the occasional interesting discussion (having one right now with Vitoc in a different thread). I do the same in a religion-only forum. When I exit the forum the people I see are just people and I don't really care who they voted for or which god they think is super real.
Well... just a second ago you were inferring something.... what was that word?

Have a good one... I'm off to take the wife to see Alita: Battle Angel...
Old 02-28-2019, 01:40 PM
jcharity
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tri-Tip View Post
So you say you never treated them poorly, and then you say **** em. Good way to contradict yourself.
Wrong homey, one can respectfully coexist with a person and don't give a damn for that person.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:41 PM
Ret.NavyGTO
CF Senior Member

And.... No Democrat I know would do the same to a Trump supporter, but that doesn't fly in PRC

So all the attacks on people wearing the "red hat" are just fake news? Got it.

Last edited by Ret.NavyGTO; 02-28-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:41 PM
Kobie
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '19

Your Girlfriend

Last edited by Kobie; 02-28-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:47 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Over9K View Post
Well... just a second ago you were inferring something.... what was that word?

Have a good one... I'm off to take the wife to see Alita: Battle Angel...
Report back. I can't tell if that movie looks amazing or awful.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:48 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
Your Girlfriend.........
Would never spend 2 min in this cesspool.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:49 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ret.NavyGTO View Post
So all the attacks on people wearing the "red hat" are just fake news? Got it.
^^^ Example A. The "no X that I know" doesn't fly in PRC, and I agree. The few democrats I know and spend time with are wonderful people and not representative of the voting masses.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:50 PM
jcharity
CF Senior Member

And.... No Democrat I know would do the same to a Trump supporter, but that doesn't fly in PRC
What about the ones you don't know? What about all the slimy democratic ***** always starting BS with Trump supporters?
All you____do is deflect. You blame Trump for every **** thing. All of you are a bunch of sorry asses. The man is trying to do the best he can for our country and what do you do, BS investigations. All of you make me sick!
Old 02-28-2019, 01:50 PM
Tri-Tip
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by glbeauchamp View Post
No Trump supporter I know would confront, attack, scream at, vandalize their property, or generally be a jerk to someone wearing a "Trump sucks" hat. Tolerance and diversity, doncha know.
Maybe not people you know in real life, but I bet a lot of the trump supporters in PR&C would at least make a rude comment out loud.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My MAGA hat causes racism against me

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: