Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

My MAGA hat causes racism against me

Old 02-28-2019, 10:34 AM
rprice
CF Senior Member

Default My MAGA hat causes racism against me

I have a MAGA hat that stays in the back window of my daily driver. It is very visible to anyone behind me or anyone seeing my car parked. At work where I am a supervisor there are African Americans who will not speak to me unless they are forced to do so in their job duties. They truly believe that because I have a MAGA hat in the window of my car I am racist. This just blows my mind. I smile and try to communicate with them in everyday conversation yet they will not speak to me unless their job duty requires them to do so. This upsets me but I ain't about to stop parading my MAGA hat.

hell, if they had on a hat that said Trump sucks it would not matter to me. I would still treat them the same way I do anyone.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:37 AM
Deepdiver
CF Senior Member

kill'em with kindness.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:38 AM
Dueysan
CF Senior Member

I want to buy a red MAGA hat so bad. I’m just not into the formed front button top baseball cap. Somebody needs to make them in different styles...business idea but not sure if you have to license that.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:39 AM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by rprice View Post
I have a MAGA hat that stays in the back window of my daily driver. It is very visible to anyone behind me or anyone seeing my car parked. At work where I am a supervisor there are African Americans who will not speak to me unless they are forced to do so in their job duties. They truly believe that because I have a MAGA hat in the window of my car I am racist. This just blows my mind. I smile and try to communicate with them in everyday conversation yet they will not speak to me unless their job duty requires them to do so. This upsets me but I ain't about to stop parading my MAGA hat.

hell, if they had on a hat that said Trump sucks it would not matter to me. I would still treat them the same way I do anyone.
maybe you should make one up and wear it and see if they speak; and, if they do then start the conversation as to why they suddenly changed. Can't hurt to get a dialogue started . . .
Old 02-28-2019, 10:44 AM
_Will_
CF Senior Member

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis

Originally Posted by Dueysan View Post
I want to buy a red MAGA hat so bad. Iím just not into the formed front button top baseball cap. Somebody needs to make them in different styles...business idea but not sure if you have to license that.
The Trump campaign also sold modern style MAGA ball-caps. I have a few of them. The formed front button top ones that Trump actually wears do look absurd. Probably why he wears them, just like his hair-do.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:47 AM
dmaxwellh
CF Senior Member

Default Try this one!

Originally Posted by Dueysan View Post
I want to buy a red MAGA hat so bad. Iím just not into the formed front button top baseball cap. Somebody needs to make them in different styles...business idea but not sure if you have to license that.
Try this one. It is a very nice hat without the "billboard" front!

Amazon Amazon
Old 02-28-2019, 10:47 AM
EricC7

Default Maga hat

I like to wear a mega hat but with all the crazy liberals out there I'm afraid to have it near my car since I want to keep my car unscathed
Old 02-28-2019, 10:59 AM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

its best to let the racist democrats self identify...I hate racists and itís nice to know a hat can change how I deal with them...
Old 02-28-2019, 11:09 AM
Roothog69
CF Senior Member

Usually those who scream racism are the biggest racists. **** 'em.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:14 AM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

I'm not suggesting you aren't being truthful in the bolded...... but lets be honest, 97% of the PRC Trumpers would treat them (the "Trump sucks" hat guys) the same way you're being treated at work. Politics suck. Most politicians (Trump included) run on the same tired platform similar to "we need unity!" and in the end we become even more divided by politics.

My suggestion... don't bring it to work. I was a supervisor for a decade and rarely discussed or demonstrated political or religious beliefs. Work isn't the place for that stuff (and I realize you're talking about the back window of your car).
Old 02-28-2019, 11:15 AM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
I'm not suggesting you aren't being truthful in the bolded...... but lets be honest, 97% of the PRC Trumpers would treat them (the "Trump sucks" hat guys) the same way you're being treated at work. Politics suck. Most politicians (Trump included) run on the same tired platform similar to "we need unity!" and in the end we become even more divided by politics.

My suggestion... don't bring it to work. I was a supervisor for a decade and rarely discussed or demonstrated political or religious beliefs. Work isn't the place for that stuff (and I realize you're talking about the back window of your car).
see....thereís one....
Old 02-28-2019, 11:25 AM
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-Ď19

Ask your co-workers if they know what the black unemployment rate was under Obama, and what it is under Trump.

I'm betting you'll be rewarded with a blank stare.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:34 AM
Ret.NavyGTO
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post
Ask your co-workers if they know what the black unemployment rate was under Obama, and what it is under Trump.

I'm betting you'll be rewarded with a blank stare.

You maybe looking for a new job or at least a talking to from HR.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:40 AM
TCracingCA
CF Senior Member

You canít get more Anti-America, than hating a hat that says Make America Great Again!
Old 02-28-2019, 11:40 AM
DJ_Critterus
CF Senior Member

Location: FL.... America's Wang! No shrinkage. Winter's not coming!
St. Jude Donor '09

You're the boss right? You're not there to be friendly or make friends. if it's co-workers with a problem then tell them to go **** themselves. Tell them to use a big rubber dick. Make it a purple one. They can go **** themselves.

Problem solved.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:57 AM
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-Ď19

Originally Posted by Ret.NavyGTO View Post
You maybe looking for a new job or at least a talking to from HR.
Yeah, I know. I'm still willing to bet on the blank stare, however.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:14 PM
NBM LS1 M6
CF Senior Member

Location: I helped our former POSOTUS return the wealth of America to its rightful owners one parcel of real e
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Sometimes it is hard to fix stupid.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:15 PM
Boba Fett
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I did not care for Obama one bit and NEVER have treated some poorly because they like and supported him. With all due respect, ***** em...

Bullshit...as in total BULLSHIT!! (@ bold)

Last edited by Boba Fett; 02-28-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:46 PM
rprice
CF Senior Member

while I agree that politics should be kept out of work I do not think that very many trump supporters would treat the "Trump sucks" hat guy like I have been treated. I see to much of this happening and it's a one way street mostly.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:50 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

while I agree that politics should be kept out of work I do not think that very many trump supporters would treat the "Trump sucks" hat guy like I have been treated. I see to much of this happening and it's a one way street mostly.
Fair enough. My limited opinion is based on what I see in PRC daily... a lot of hatred for democrats and specifically anyone negative towards Trump. So if the "Trump sucks" hat people were democrats, and this is a safe assumption, the PRC people would be no better.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My MAGA hat causes racism against me

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: