Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Humans Killed Mars?

 
Old 03-01-2019, 07:28 PM
  #21  
gpotski
CF Senior Member
 
gpotski's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Location: Lima Ohio
Posts: 10,577
Thanked 73 Times in 46 Posts
Default



Trump did this...
gpotski is online now  
Old 03-01-2019, 08:33 PM
  #22  
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2012
Posts: 23,818
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast View Post
Mars CO2: 953,200 ppm

Earth CO2: 400 ppm (was 15-200 times higher in past)


https://www.sciencealert.com/researc...ndwater-system
Originally Posted by jnb5101 View Post
The ignorance of this comparison is beyond explanation.
A comparison of Earthís past CO2 15-200 times higher than today, or Martian SUVs vs Earth SUVís causing natural climate change?
ifitgoesfast is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 09:03 PM
  #23  
68/70Vette
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Location: Torrance California
Posts: 24,738
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

The lack of water on Mars is primarily due to it's reduced gravity and lack of a magnetic field...a magnetosphere. The magnetic field around the earth, the magnetosphere, deflects charged solar particles from the Sun so that these particles have little penetration into our atmosphere. With a lack of a magnetic field on Mars, very energetic particles from the Sun would strike water molecules in the Martian atmosphere and ricochet/blow them off into outer space.....just like a Q ball scatters pool *****. Over. a billion years or so of being biased with highly energetic protons and ions, water molecules on Mars were slowly blown into outer space. Some of the carbon dioxide molecules still remain. A water molecule has an atomic weight of 18 and a CO2 molecule has an atomic weight of 44, so it's more difficult for solar particles to ricochet CO2 molecules into outer space and that's why there's still some CO2 in the Martian atmosphere.

Last edited by 68/70Vette; 03-01-2019 at 09:12 PM.
68/70Vette is online now  
Old 03-02-2019, 08:10 AM
  #24  
jnb5101
CF Senior Member
 
jnb5101's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2006
Location: charlotte north carolina
Posts: 7,983
Thanks: 0
Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast View Post
A comparison of Earthís past CO2 15-200 times higher than today, or Martian SUVs vs Earth SUVís causing natural climate change?
Well, then. Why don't your retrace history to the very beginning, when there was no free oxygen in the atmosphere?

And explain why Mars is called the "Red" planet.

Or, compare Mars (where you MMCC deniers so gleefully shout about the temperature) to Venus where the CO2 concentration is 95% and the temperature would melt lead.

Bunch of idiots.
jnb5101 is offline  
Old 03-02-2019, 05:06 PM
  #25  
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2012
Posts: 23,818
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jnb5101 View Post
Well, then. Why don't your retrace history to the very beginning, when there was no free oxygen in the atmosphere?

And explain why Mars is called the "Red" planet.

Or, compare Mars (where you MMCC deniers so gleefully shout about the temperature) to Venus where the CO2 concentration is 95% and the temperature would melt lead.

Bunch of idiots.
There are humans driving SUVs on Venus? I did not know evidence of human activity increasing CO2 exists on 3 planets.

You do realize in reading post 1 that CO2 of 953,200 ppm on Mars is 95.32%, right?

Mars is about -195 F with CO2 being 95% of atmosphere

Venus is about 850 F with CO2 being 95% of atmosphere

Earth is 61 F with CO2 of 0.04% being atmosphere

Correlation?

Last edited by ifitgoesfast; 03-02-2019 at 05:24 PM.
ifitgoesfast is offline  
Old 03-02-2019, 06:45 PM
  #26  
OnPoint
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
OnPoint's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2006
Location: 2015 Z06 & 2010 ZR1
Posts: 18,160
Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,046 Posts
Default

Once Mars lost its magnetic field it was destined to become the shithole it is.

I could never live there.
OnPoint is offline  
Old 03-02-2019, 06:57 PM
  #27  
flange
CF Senior Member
 
flange's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2012
Location: resting comfortably in my mind
Posts: 15,134
Thanked 36 Times in 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14
Default

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast View Post
There are humans driving SUVs on Venus? I did not know evidence of human activity increasing CO2 exists on 3 planets.

You do realize in reading post 1 that CO2 of 953,200 ppm on Mars is 95.32%, right?

Mars is about -195 F with CO2 being 95% of atmosphere

Venus is about 850 F with CO2 being 95% of atmosphere

Earth is 61 F with CO2 of 0.04% being atmosphere

Correlation?
co2 lives matter
flange is offline  
Old 03-02-2019, 07:27 PM
  #28  
cdngolfer
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
cdngolfer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2008
Location: King City Ontario
Posts: 7,518
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 68/70Vette View Post
The lack of water on Mars is primarily due to it's reduced gravity and lack of a magnetic field...a magnetosphere. The magnetic field around the earth, the magnetosphere, deflects charged solar particles from the Sun so that these particles have little penetration into our atmosphere. With a lack of a magnetic field on Mars, very energetic particles from the Sun would strike water molecules in the Martian atmosphere and ricochet/blow them off into outer space.....just like a Q ball scatters pool *****. Over. a billion years or so of being biased with highly energetic protons and ions, water molecules on Mars were slowly blown into outer space. Some of the carbon dioxide molecules still remain. A water molecule has an atomic weight of 18 and a CO2 molecule has an atomic weight of 44, so it's more difficult for solar particles to ricochet CO2 molecules into outer space and that's why there's still some CO2 in the Martian atmosphere.
Nice to see some wisdom in a thread on this forum!
cdngolfer is offline  
Old 03-02-2019, 07:56 PM
  #29  
claysmoker
CF Senior Member
 
claysmoker's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2004
Location: PARADISE
Posts: 9,003
Thanked 46 Times in 42 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'11-'12-'13-'14
Default

Let's send Algore up to help Mars out.
claysmoker is offline  
Old 03-03-2019, 07:43 AM
  #30  
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2012
Posts: 23,818
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jnb5101 View Post
Or, compare Mars (where you MMCC deniers so gleefully shout about the temperature) to Venus where the CO2 concentration is 95% and the temperature would melt lead.

Bunch of idiots.
Marís atmosphere is 95.33% CO2 and very cold (-150 F).

Whatís your point?
ifitgoesfast is offline  
Old 03-03-2019, 08:45 AM
  #31  
owebo
CF Senior Member
 
owebo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Location: Washigton, DC
Posts: 108,767
Thanked 31 Times in 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16
Default

Originally Posted by jnb5101 View Post
Well, then. Why don't your retrace history to the very beginning, when there was no free oxygen in the atmosphere?

And explain why Mars is called the "Red" planet.

Or, compare Mars (where you MMCC deniers so gleefully shout about the temperature) to Venus where the CO2 concentration is 95% and the temperature would melt lead.

Bunch of idiots.
you mean MMGW....
owebo is offline  
Old 03-03-2019, 09:02 AM
  #32  
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2012
Posts: 23,818
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by owebo View Post
you mean MMGW....
I wonder, in addition to SUVs on 3 planets, did humans also place te 3 planets closer and further from the actual heat source?
ifitgoesfast is offline  
Old 03-03-2019, 09:13 AM
  #33  
virtue4u
CF Senior Member
 
virtue4u's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Posts: 59,047
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Mars experienced climate change.
How does that happen without man?
virtue4u is online now  
Old 03-03-2019, 09:14 AM
  #34  
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2012
Posts: 23,818
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by virtue4u View Post
Mars experienced climate change.
How does that happen without man?
and whereís that global sea rise?
ifitgoesfast is offline  
Old 03-03-2019, 09:48 AM
  #35  
jnb5101
CF Senior Member
 
jnb5101's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2006
Location: charlotte north carolina
Posts: 7,983
Thanks: 0
Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by virtue4u View Post
Mars experienced climate change.
How does that happen without man?
Truly one of the most idiotic posts ever made.

Try reading an article concerning planetary magnetic fields and their effect on atmospheres.

You might learn something.
jnb5101 is offline  
Old 03-03-2019, 09:49 AM
  #36  
jnb5101
CF Senior Member
 
jnb5101's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2006
Location: charlotte north carolina
Posts: 7,983
Thanks: 0
Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by owebo View Post
you mean MMGW....
No, moron. MMCC.
jnb5101 is offline  
Old 03-03-2019, 09:50 AM
  #37  
virtue4u
CF Senior Member
 
virtue4u's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Posts: 59,047
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jnb5101 View Post
Truly one of the most idiotic posts ever made.

Try reading an article concerning planetary magnetic fields and their effect on atmospheres.

You might learn something.


I bet you are a blast at a party when someone is facetious and tells a joke.

Last edited by virtue4u; 03-03-2019 at 09:53 AM.
virtue4u is online now  
Old 03-03-2019, 09:50 AM
  #38  
virtue4u
CF Senior Member
 
virtue4u's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Posts: 59,047
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jnb5101 View Post
No, moron. MMCC.
Oh my!
All the insults -- coming rapid fire.

Someone is triggered today.

Last edited by virtue4u; 03-03-2019 at 09:54 AM.
virtue4u is online now  
Old 03-03-2019, 10:02 AM
  #39  
jnb5101
CF Senior Member
 
jnb5101's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2006
Location: charlotte north carolina
Posts: 7,983
Thanks: 0
Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast View Post
Marís atmosphere is 95.33% CO2 and very cold (-150 F).

Whatís your point?
My point?

It should be obvious, even to an idiot such as yourself.

Both planets have extremely high concentrations of CO2 in their atmosphere, and you morons babble on about the low temperatures on Mars, but conveniently dismiss the very high temperatures on Venus.

Why is that the case? Because comparing the two planets is idiotic? Because it invalidates your childish dismissal of MMCC? Because you slept through high school science? Because of sycophantic loyalty to The Rump? Because you fear what is actually taking place and want to stick your head into the ground to hide from the truth? Because you fear Caravans of Martians crossing the interplanetary border?

Tell me. What is it like to live in your anti-science fantasy land.
jnb5101 is offline  
Old 03-03-2019, 10:28 AM
  #40  
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2012
Posts: 23,818
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jnb5101 View Post
My point?

It should be obvious, even to an idiot such as yourself.

Both planets have extremely high concentrations of CO2 in their atmosphere, and you morons babble on about the low temperatures on Mars, but conveniently dismiss the very high temperatures on Venus.

Why is that the case? Because comparing the two planets is idiotic? Because it invalidates your childish dismissal of MMCC? Because you slept through high school science? Because of sycophantic loyalty to The Rump? Because you fear what is actually taking place and want to stick your head into the ground to hide from the truth? Because you fear Caravans of Martians crossing the interplanetary border?

Tell me. What is it like to live in your anti-science fantasy land.
Iím the one sticking to science while youíre the one posting angry.

Letís stick to science.

Mars once had an atmosphere and global ocean and globally linked subterranean sea system. The climate change occurred without any human activity. Its current atmosphere is 95.32% CO2, none of it by human activity.

Earthís CO2 is currently about 0.04% (400 ppm) of the atmosphere, but 600 million years ago was 15 times higher at 0.75% (7500 ppm), and in the first atmosphere was 200 times higher at 8% (80,000 ppm), and none of this resulted in runaway global warming. In fact, the temperatures while CO2 was several times what it is today is comparable to now, and after the Cambrian Explosion where CO2 was 15 times higher than today life expanded across the planet like no other time before or since, helped by photosynthesis and CO2ís role in benefiting life. Then you have the Younger Dryas whose CO2 spiked up to 400 ppm with a rate of change several times higher than anything today.

Thatís science.

All you have is anger, unless you want to tefute any of that, scientifically, no political scientifically.

Last edited by ifitgoesfast; 03-03-2019 at 10:30 AM.
ifitgoesfast is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Humans Killed Mars?


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: