Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

and there's more...AOC

 
Old 03-04-2019, 12:41 PM
  #41  
Grumpy
MONARTOR
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2001
Location: What I know, is dwarfed by what I pretend to know
Posts: 193,870
Liked 35 Times in 16 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default

Originally Posted by PKguitar View Post
I think this is meant to call someone "weak minded", but it is written so poorly, I can't be sure.
Professor talk
Grumpy is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 01:20 PM
  #42  
Chevy Guy
CF Senior Member
 
Chevy Guy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 17,090
Liked 38 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 69er View Post
She has the Dems worried. The Dems know the Socialist agenda will never fly. Easily giving President Trump the win in 2020.
They are not going to engage her because they know she will out them on social media and expose their inner workings. They will have to kneecap her soon enough, if she starts effecting Pelosi or Schumers money, she is done for. Until then, she is their "useful idiot".

Last edited by Chevy Guy; 03-04-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Chevy Guy is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 01:34 PM
  #43  
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member
 
Dr Bee's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,381
Liked 54 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 63 340HP View Post
AOC will motivate the socialist dump-Trump camp, but HOW will she motivate the never-Trump camp (like you)?

AOC is too young to run for POTUS in 2020, or 2024, so 2020 may be the best chance to see her lead the Democratic Party into fractional parties of Liberal-Moderates and Democrat-Socialists without any chance of her being elected. The resulting 2020 Democratic Party slate may have Warren or Beto as the resulting POTUS candidate and the socialists will vote for them, but the moderate Democrat and Independent voters will not be so easy to rally. By 2024 we may have three or more left of center & centrist political Parties, a feat the Pub's and Conservatives cannot accomplish without a Leftist muckraker like AOC. Multiple viable left of center political parties will almost assure a GOPe or Conservative POTUS in 2020, 2024, and until the right of center screws up and tears down their own candidate based on perceived character flaws (where the Leftist's know the Right's collective faction's can be weakened and divided).

If AOC bullies any moderate Dem Congress members over the next year, into voting for legislation against the district voter's wants and needs, we can be assured the bully tactics will be heard loud and publicized so that no voter can ignore AOC as the face of Leftist (Fascist) oppression. The moderate public likes the underdog, and hates the bully, and AOC is grooming herself as the Left's bully. Pelosi will not be able to shut up AOC, and the Democratic Party's ugly trade in politics will be exposed. If the left leaning media does not publicize the bullying, we can be assured the Pub's will have a field day with social media exposure of the strong arm politics (magnitudes greater than AOC's current visibility). The likely result is the House Majority returns to the moderate GOPe and Pub Conservatives in 2020, and the Senate may even gain a few more Pub seats as well.

What do YOU fear most, Trump in 2020, or AOC tearing apart the current Democratic Party coalition for decades into the future?
Question 1: She doesn't move my needle in either direction.

Question 2: I will wait and see who the final candidates are before I can answer. And for the record, I don't "fear" Trump. I'm embarrassed for our country and think he is a buffoon. But I also don't think he's smart enough to find the nuclear button even if he wanted to.
Dr Bee is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 01:47 PM
  #44  
63 340HP
CF Senior Member
 
63 340HP's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Location: Beach & High Desert Southern California
Posts: 15,448
Liked 448 Times in 278 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
Question 1: She doesn't move my needle in either direction.

Question 2: I will wait and see who the final candidates are before I can answer. And for the record, I don't "fear" Trump. I'm embarrassed for our country and think he is a buffoon. But I also don't think he's smart enough to find the nuclear button even if he wanted to.
You are resisting an honest appraisal of the 2020 election cycle so much that you fear offering an opinion to my questions (and that telegraphs more than your usual self-promoting bluster and redirection responses).

I will reduce the questions to a 3rd grade reading level for you (offer your opinion):

Will Trump win in 2020?

Will AOC divide the Democrat Party into factions in 2020?
63 340HP is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 01:52 PM
  #45  
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member
 
Dr Bee's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,381
Liked 54 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 63 340HP View Post
You are resisting an honest appraisal of the 2020 election cycle so much that you fear offering an opinion to my questions (and that telegraphs more than your usual self-promoting bluster and redirection responses).

I will reduce the questions to a 3rd grade reading level for you (offer your opinion):

Will Trump win in 2020?

Will AOC divide the Democrat Party into factions in 2020?
Thank you for explaining my fears

1. Probably.

2. No.

Both are guesses.

To the bolded, you missed the mark. Google "SMOG calculator" and give it a try, should be 5-10 min of potential fun.
Dr Bee is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 01:53 PM
  #46  
sstonebreaker
CF Senior Member
 
sstonebreaker's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: Willow Park TX
Posts: 1,690
Liked 106 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Chevy Guy View Post
They are not going to engage her because they know she will out them on social media and expose their inner workings. They will have to kneecap her soon enough, if she starts effecting Pelosi or Schumers money, she is done for. Until then, she is their "useful idiot".
That got me thinking. I've been saying for years that the democrats are going to split, with one side becoming centrists and the other side going hard socialist. If they can't get occasional cortex under control, she may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Then you have a place to dump the crazies while the conservatives and the moderate liberals work together to actually get stuff done.
sstonebreaker is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 02:46 PM
  #47  
Turbodude
CF Senior Member
 
Turbodude's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2006
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 18,365
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Default

AOC is the product of the past 2 years of radicalization by the MSM and DNC. The dems all jumped on board with the wailing and pulling their hair out, and now they have AOC to contend with.

Let this be a modern day reminder as to how a complete, no-nothing ignoramus can arise out of nowhere to co-opt such manufactured discontent for radical purposes. Think AH, Che Guevara, Mao.

The dems created AOC entirely on their own. This is why the left has always been home to radicalism. This is why the left is so deeply distrusted. We've seen this movie before.

Has anyone done a Hitler rant meme about AOC?
Turbodude is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 02:50 PM
  #48  
Red99SS
CF Senior Member
 
Red99SS's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2005
Location: Monmouth County NJ
Posts: 63,655
Likes: 0
Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Default

I've done some thinking about this. The Democrats underestimated just how radical their base had become in 2016. Bernie Sanders with his $15 minimum wage and "free college" was designed to make Hillary look more moderate... they didn't actually expect people to go along with it. Alex Cortez is a litmus test. They want to see just how far left their voter base is willing to go, and the Green New Deal was just a trial run. Just ten short years after the Democrats claimed they weren't socialists, they've embraced full on communism.
Red99SS is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 02:53 PM
  #49  
63 340HP
CF Senior Member
 
63 340HP's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Location: Beach & High Desert Southern California
Posts: 15,448
Liked 448 Times in 278 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
Thank you for explaining my fears

1. Probably.

2. No.

Both are guesses.

To the bolded, you missed the mark. Google "SMOG calculator" and give it a try, should be 5-10 min of potential fun.
.




I intentionally made you stretch your reading skills, such that you had to Google the questions.

63 340HP is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 02:54 PM
  #50  
RedLS1GTO
CF Senior Member
 
RedLS1GTO's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Color my life with the chaos of trouble.
Posts: 11,743
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Very simple question. Does ANY person here know of an individual that would vote for her in a primary or who would vote for her for President?

I know plenty of people who voted for hillary. I know people who would vote for Bernie. I know plenty who voted for obmammy. I know plenty of Romney voters, Mitch voters, Cruz voters... yet I don't know of a single person who would vote for this dumbass.

While I agree that she may be a terrifying glimpse at the future of the left, I also agree with the person who said that the media is making this dumbass look a hell of a lot more favorable than she really is.
RedLS1GTO is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 02:56 PM
  #51  
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member
 
Dr Bee's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,381
Liked 54 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 63 340HP View Post
.




I intentionally made you stretch your reading skills, such that you had to Google the questions.

Admit that was fun!

And while people like you and I typically write at the 12th-14th grade levels the general public prefers their reading materials at the 5th-8th grade levels.
Dr Bee is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 02:58 PM
  #52  
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member
 
Dr Bee's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,381
Liked 54 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
Very simple question. Does ANY person here know of an individual that would vote for her in a primary or who would vote for her for President?

I know plenty of people who voted for hillary. I know people who would vote for Bernie. I know plenty who voted for obmammy. I know plenty of Romney voters, Mitch voters, Cruz voters... yet I don't know of a single person who would vote for this dumbass.

While I agree that she may be a terrifying glimpse at the future of the left, I also agree with the person who said that the media is making this dumbass look a hell of a lot more favorable than she really is.
This is probably true for me as well... I might know of one and this person couldn't be further left.
Dr Bee is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 03:03 PM
  #53  
Turbodude
CF Senior Member
 
Turbodude's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2006
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 18,365
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Default

Originally Posted by Red99SS View Post
I've done some thinking about this. The Democrats underestimated just how radical their base had become in 2016. Bernie Sanders with his $15 minimum wage and "free college" was designed to make Hillary look more moderate... they didn't actually expect people to go along with it. Alex Cortez is a litmus test. They want to see just how far left their voter base is willing to go, and the Green New Deal was just a trial run. Just ten short years after the Democrats claimed they weren't socialists, they've embraced full on communism.
The only way the Dems can hold their party together is to embrace full-on socialism, or bring back Hillary in a desperate attempt to rescue the party from its imminent demise. That's basically what they did with Bernie in 2016....now they need to do it again. The thing is, radical loons aren't amenable to being reined in. The dems literally encouraged the radical loons, and now are wondering how to put the genie back in the bottle.

Smart folks gonna be thinking the modern day dems shouldn't be let anywhere near the reins of power.
Turbodude is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 03:03 PM
  #54  
sstonebreaker
CF Senior Member
 
sstonebreaker's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: Willow Park TX
Posts: 1,690
Liked 106 Times in 81 Posts
Default

I heard she's writing a book. Going to call it Mi Pelea.
sstonebreaker is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 03:26 PM
  #55  
Vette5311
CF Senior Member
 
Vette5311's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: Golden Colorado
Posts: 1,288
Liked 151 Times in 142 Posts
Default Picture worth 1000 words........

All you gotta do is look at the picture of her being held up from behind with her legs spread and ask yourself " is that who I want to represent me in ANY capacity in Washington DC?"
Vette5311 is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 03:30 PM
  #56  
63 340HP
CF Senior Member
 
63 340HP's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Location: Beach & High Desert Southern California
Posts: 15,448
Liked 448 Times in 278 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
Very simple question. Does ANY person here know of an individual that would vote for her in a primary or who would vote for her for President?

I know plenty of people who voted for hillary. I know people who would vote for Bernie. I know plenty who voted for obmammy. I know plenty of Romney voters, Mitch voters, Cruz voters... yet I don't know of a single person who would vote for this dumbass.

While I agree that she may be a terrifying glimpse at the future of the left, I also agree with the person who said that the media is making this dumbass look a hell of a lot more favorable than she really is.

Can you predict the make up of future voters in 2028, when she will be old enough to run for POTUS?

Can we ignore AOC and her Socialist message until 2028, without risking the growth and solidification of her voter base?
63 340HP is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 03:39 PM
  #57  
63 340HP
CF Senior Member
 
63 340HP's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Location: Beach & High Desert Southern California
Posts: 15,448
Liked 448 Times in 278 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
Admit that was fun!

And while people like you and I typically write at the 12th-14th grade levels the general public prefers their reading materials at the 5th-8th grade levels.
Fun? Yes.

The LA Times dropped the reading level of the Opinion/Editorial articles down to a 6th grade level in the early 1990's, as an effort to influence more Clinton votes. They returned it to an 8th grade level after Gore lost, but on occasion during the 2016 election promotion of Hillary I could catch deliberate erosion in grammar and reading content (something they did not do when praising Obama).

We must wait to see how they editorialize AOC and her targeted audience of readers to influence.
63 340HP is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 03:44 PM
  #58  
Mr D.
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Mr D.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2002
Location: Huntsville AL
Posts: 27,423
Liked 228 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
Right... and which of those two groups represent the majority?
The far left crazy people base is about 23% and that is all AOC has in her tool bag.
Mr D. is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 03:46 PM
  #59  
Waytofastvette2006
CF Senior Member
 
Waytofastvette2006's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,716
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

From a corn dog stand to Congress and people honestly think making a deal with the devil isnít a thing ?
Waytofastvette2006 is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 07:39 PM
  #60  
nitronick
CF Senior Member
 
nitronick's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2004
Location: Never Confuse Education for Intelligence
Posts: 12,447
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by 69er View Post
She won't be a one termer with the demographics of her districts.
Originally Posted by 63 340HP View Post
AOC is here to stay, and can still win her House district without Dem Party help. By 2020 she will be able to self-finance reelection, and she loves the power and sound of her own voice. The Democrat's cannot unseat her in 2020 and will have until mid-2024 to convince her to quit, or be stuck with her forever (if she hasn't torn the Party apart by then).

Once again.....

She won her district primary because the incumbent she ran against barely gave his campaign a second thought. He was a shoo-in. As a result, 4% of the of the voters in that district actually went out and voted. Because he was a shoo-in.

I'll guarantee the dims won't make that mistake the next go round. Nancy and Chuck want mind-numbed robots that vote the way they tell them, not some batshit crazy lunatic that goes out and exposes their agenda to the masses.
nitronick is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: and there's more...AOC


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: