Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Dr. Seuss Is Now, You Guessed It, Racist

Old 03-06-2019, 10:38 AM
RedLS1GTO
CF Senior Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

#Greenlivesmatter
Old 03-06-2019, 12:07 PM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

Liked 102 Times in 96 Posts

Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post
Dr. Seuss is dead, last I checked. I guess this means in true 1984 style all references to he or his work must now be deleted.
That certainly seems to be the case nowdays. But rest assured; in a few short years of revisionist history being taught in school, there will be no reason to ban such racist,sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, fill in the blankophobic books, symbols, art, events, etc, any more because no one will remember or know anything but the liberal progressive version to start with. History will be so altered that it will be unrecognizable to us.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:59 PM
C5pilot
CF Senior Member

Location: Be thankful we're not getting all the gov't we're paying for. S.E. PA
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
I’ve noticed no one gets on a plane and makes sure the cockpit is represented by diversity hires.
But it's done for you at places like fire houses, hospitals and schools etc. So rest easy.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:29 PM
C5pilot
CF Senior Member

Location: Be thankful we're not getting all the gov't we're paying for. S.E. PA
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

In 2010, then-First Lady Michelle Obama read Seuss’ work to schoolchildren to celebrate the apparently racist author’s birthday in connection with the Read Across America program. Mrs. Obama read “The Cat in the Hat” and told elementary schools in Washington and Arlington, Virginia, that Seuss’ “Horton Hatches the Egg” was one of the Obama family’s first beloved books, reported The Seattle Times.

"Kids... You see that right there?... See, Horton didn't build that nest. He didn't lay that egg. And he certainly didn't hatch that egg."
"Maybe if Horton was say, a donkey, then maybe."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dr. Seuss Is Now, You Guessed It, Racist

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: