Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

If you support Catholic church, isnít that the same thing as being an R. Kelly fan?

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

If you support Catholic church, isnít that the same thing as being an R. Kelly fan?

Old 03-13-2019, 12:08 PM
KEZ06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by shane p
You know you are brainwashed when you refuse to accept the fact that the whole church is corrupt.
So you have personally examined every clergy and member of the Catholic Church to arrive at your conclusion? Funny, I am not Catholic, but I know some very devout Catholics who do not approve of the inappropriate acts of some of the clergy. But I bet you are the same kind of person who thinks violence perped with a gun is the guns fault.

Last edited by KEZ06; 03-13-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:21 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by KEZ06 View Post
So you have personally examined every clergy and member of the Catholic Church to arrive at your conclusion? Funny, I am not Catholic, but I know some very devout Catholics who do not approve of the inappropriate acts of some of the clergy. But I bet you are the same kind of person who thinks violence perped with a gun is the guns fault.

The Catholic Church did everything they possibly could to cover up their molestation problem. That makes them just as guilty as the sick priests.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:59 PM
7vettes
CF Senior Member

Location: If I say it's safe to surf this beach ......then it's safe to surf this beach

Originally Posted by Red99SS View Post
The idea of being a Catholic these days is pretty crappy to many Catholics.
In which case they should leave and go join some other Superstition.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:17 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 7vettes View Post
Old 03-13-2019, 02:31 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own either a chainsaw or a handgun.

Originally Posted by shane p View Post
You know you are brainwashed when you refuse to accept the fact that the whole church is corrupt.
I'm not willing to go along with that broad of a brush statement, but given the Vatican's/Pope's reluctance to do some serious housecleaning and naming the guilty pedophile priests, and their refusal to excommunicate pro-infanticide politicians like Cuomo and Pelosi, I will agree to the point that the upper leadership of the Catholic Church seems to be, at a minimum, corrupt, and at the maximum, evil.

Just one Protestant's opinion.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:29 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 69427 View Post
I'm not willing to go along with that broad of a brush statement, but given the Vatican's/Pope's reluctance to do some serious housecleaning and naming the guilty pedophile priests, and their refusal to excommunicate pro-infanticide politicians like Cuomo and Pelosi, I will agree to the point that the upper leadership of the Catholic Church seems to be, at a minimum, corrupt, and at the maximum, evil.

When I say the whole church I am referring to the upper leadership. The congregation has nothing to do with their problems.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:10 PM
tempest62
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ View Post
I'm supposed to feel crappy about being Catholic, just because a bunch of child molesters who posed as Catholic priests molested children?
ignoramus maximum statement.

wow.

at any rate, and the above aside, read up on the history of your "church" and let me know how you stand tall and proud of it.

as far as i'm concerned, the catholic church was as vile and murderous as islam.

Last edited by tempest62; 03-13-2019 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:30 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by 69427 View Post

I was raised Catholic but for those and other reasons I have no use for the church. Mormon doctrine calls them "the great ***** of Rome."
Old 03-13-2019, 09:03 PM
Slo Yelo C5
CF Senior Member

The Catholic church really, really messed up with how they handled the abuse. But...

That is not representative of 99% of Catholics. The overwhelming majority of Catholics are very good people. I know many, many Catholics personally and they're some of the most altruistic people I know. Nothing but good things to say about them.

I hope the Catholic church recovers from this. My opinion? John Paul II was an excellent overall Pope. They need a new Pope like him to keep the church from sliding off the rails. The current Pope is a poor leader.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:32 PM
Gordon Shumway
CF Senior Member

So let me understand, you chose to let man separate you from God? Just because their are crappy Christians like you experienced doesnt mean God isnt still a loving God. He still knocks at the door.

I didn't say they were crappy Christians, they likely were great Christians in their beliefs. It was the teachings that I was supposed to believe that drove me off. My God isn't vindictive like the one I was taught to fear.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:07 PM
Walford
CF Senior Member

There's I guess a fine line between bashing The Church because they f* altar boys and cover it up, and bashing because you just hate old-fashioned Christians.

Actually, no, it's not fine at all. It's broad and bright and if your interests lean more toward stopping bad **** than to stopping people who disagree with you, you might see it.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:11 PM
Walford
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Slo Yelo C5 View Post
The Catholic church really, really messed up with how they handled the abuse. But...

That is not representative of 99% of Catholics. The overwhelming majority of Catholics are very good people. I know many, many Catholics personally and they're some of the most altruistic people I know. Nothing but good things to say about them.

I hope the Catholic church recovers from this. My opinion? John Paul II was an excellent overall Pope. They need a new Pope like him to keep the church from sliding off the rails. The current Pope is a poor leader.
But he had to have known.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:13 PM
Walford
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Corvette Kid View Post
I was raised Catholic but for those and other reasons I have no use for the church. Mormon doctrine calls them "the great ***** of Rome."
Pretty sure the Book of Revelation calls The Church that, too.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:36 AM
shane p
CF Senior Member

If you go to that church and pay your membership fees you support their corruption.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:09 PM
KEZ06
CF Senior Member

The Catholic Church did everything they possibly could to cover up their molestation problem. That makes them just as guilty as the sick priests.
So you are confirming that you investigated every member and clergy? Wow that is some undertaking! How did you manage that!?! Thats like saying all (pick your ethnicity) are criminals. Bigoted much? If there are guilty parties in the commission of the crimes or the coverup they, including all the way up to the Pope, should be prosecuted to the fullest, but painting the whole church is overreach.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:10 PM
KEZ06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 7vettes
Yes like believing there is no God.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:23 PM
KEZ06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway
I didn't say they were crappy Christians, they likely were great Christians in their beliefs. It was the teachings that I was supposed to believe that drove me off. My God isn't vindictive like the one I was taught to fear.
Did you ever happen to make it to the New Testament? Christ is not vindictive. Quite the opposite. I find it incredible that only one man in the history of the world because of his love was crucified on behalf of the sins of humanity to save the souls of humanity and to be resurrected. Yet he is not worthy and in the eyes of many is to be mocked and dismissed.

People believe what they want. As far as Christianity is concerned everyone has a choice.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:24 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

So you are confirming that you investigated every member and clergy? Wow that is some undertaking! How did you manage that!?! Thats like saying all (pick your ethnicity) are criminals. Bigoted much? If there are guilty parties in the commission of the crimes or the coverup they, including all the way up to the Pope, should be prosecuted to the fullest, but painting the whole church is overreach.

Where did I say anything about EVERY member and clergy???? There were thousands of ****** priests and the church did everything possible to cover it up.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:27 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Did you ever happen to make it to the New Testament? Christ is not vindictive. Quite the opposite. I find it incredible that only one man in the history of the world because of his love was crucified on behalf of the sins of humanity to save the souls of humanity and to be resurrected. Yet he is not worthy and in the eyes of many is to be mocked and dismissed.

People believe what they want. As far as Christianity is concerned everyone has a choice.

Obey me or I will send you to hell where you will be tormented for eternity, but I love you.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:32 PM
KEZ06
CF Senior Member

Where did I say anything about EVERY member and clergy???? There were thousands of ****** priests and the church did everything possible to cover it up.
What part of whole church did I miss?

You know all atheists are liars right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If you support Catholic church, isnít that the same thing as being an R. Kelly fan?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: