Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

If you support Catholic church, isnít that the same thing as being an R. Kelly fan?

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

If you support Catholic church, isnít that the same thing as being an R. Kelly fan?

Old 03-14-2019, 12:41 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by KEZ06 View Post
What part of whole church did I miss?

You know all atheists are liars right?

You missed post 26. Try again. The only thing every member is guilty of is blindly following a criminal organization.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:45 PM
KEZ06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by shane p
Where did I say anything about EVERY member and clergy???? There were thousands of ****** priests and the church did everything possible to cover it up.
Really? Funny, I thought a choice is a choice. Problem is there are consequences to choice you might not like. Those consequences are even spelled out should you turn away from God's love. You put yourself in hell (separated from God) when you choose not to accept God. Just like an atheist to want all the perks of what God has to offer while denying God. Seems you have decided hell isnt that big a deal already.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:55 PM
KEZ06
CF Senior Member

You missed post 26. Try again. The only thing every member is guilty of is blindly following a criminal organization.
There you go again making another accusation as though you have done such thorough investigation. Absolutes are a bitch. When you use them they make you look at least disingenuous and at most foolish.

Lets try maybe expressing a little empathy to the good and honest members who have been deceived by deceivers.

Just because you dont agree with their religion or any for that matter doesnt make you look better by trying to ridicule those that are well meaning and honest.

Who then is dishonest and corrupt? Certainly not someone making an absolute accusation. Right?

Last edited by KEZ06; 03-14-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:06 PM
phileaglesfan
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Slo Yelo C5 View Post
The Catholic church really, really messed up with how they handled the abuse. But...

That is not representative of 99% of Catholics. The overwhelming majority of Catholics are very good people. I know many, many Catholics personally and they're some of the most altruistic people I know. Nothing but good things to say about them.

I hope the Catholic church recovers from this. My opinion? John Paul II was an excellent overall Pope. They need a new Pope like him to keep the church from sliding off the rails. The current Pope is a poor leader.
I agree and I'm Catholic. Most of the Catholics I know are Republican. Yes not too crazy about the current Pope. He needs to solve the church's issues today instead of worried out US govt policies.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:27 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Really? Funny, I thought a choice is a choice. Problem is there are consequences to choice you might not like. Those consequences are even spelled out should you turn away from God's love. You put yourself in hell (separated from God) when you choose not to accept God. Just like an atheist to want all the perks of what God has to offer while denying God. Seems you have decided hell isnt that big a deal already.

I have decided there is no such place as hell, unless someone can prove hell really exists.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:30 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

There you go again making another accusation as though you have done such thorough investigation. Absolutes are a bitch. When you use them they make you look at least disingenuous and at most foolish.

Lets try maybe expressing a little empathy to the good and honest members who have been deceived by deceivers.

Just because you dont agree with their religion or any for that matter doesnt make you look better by trying to ridicule those that are well meaning and honest.

Who then is dishonest and corrupt? Certainly not someone making an absolute accusation. Right?

Its been well known for years. The sheeple choose to ignore all their wrong doings.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:34 PM
Sifu-TZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by shane p View Post
I have decided there is no such place as hell, unless someone can prove hell really exists.
i expect someone who knows a thing or two about porpoises in tents will show up shortly to provide evidence. By that I mean nothing but fantasy.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:36 PM
RedC7AZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by tempest62 View Post
ignoramus maximum statement.

wow.

at any rate, and the above aside, read up on the history of your "church" and let me know how you stand tall and proud of it.

as far as i'm concerned, the catholic church was as vile and murderous as islam.
Why am I supposed to give a flying **** what you think of "my church" you opinionated asshat?

Do me a favor and shove your little "wow" comment up your ***.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 03-14-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:27 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ View Post
Why am I supposed to give a flying **** what you think of "my church" you opinionated asshat?

Do me a favor and shove your little "wow" comment up your ***.

You May want to double up this Sunday.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:07 PM
calwldlife
CF Senior Member

to cover kelly sat night jive condemns the catholic church?
typical lefty zealots.
"it is ok that innocents get used because the church does it".
how low can lefties go?
Old 03-14-2019, 05:10 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
i expect someone who knows a thing or two about porpoises in tents will show up shortly to provide evidence. By that I mean nothing but fantasy.

Should be anytime now. Maybe they can prove the Easter bunny is real also.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:15 PM
Slo Yelo C5
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan View Post
I agree and I'm Catholic. Most of the Catholics I know are Republican. Yes not too crazy about the current Pope. He needs to solve the church's issues today instead of worried out US govt policies.
The current Pope needs to STFU and stop acting like a Congressman. He needs to worry about his church. He has many amazing followers in the catholic church. He need only concern himself with leading them. Not focusing on world political issues.

Pope John Paul II was an amazing man, in my eyes. He truly seemed to be one of the most highly respected people in the world. I will always remember him. He truly wanted nothing but the best for Christians... and Jews. I will always remember him for doing everything he could to bring our religions together. May you rest in peace...

"Jews and Christians share an immense spiritual patrimony, flowing from Godís self-revelation. Our religious teachings and our spiritual experience demand that we overcome evil with good. We remember, but not with any desire for vengeance or as an incentive to hatred. For us, to remember is to pray for peace and justice, and to commit ourselves to their cause. Only a world at peace, with justice for all, can avoid repeating the mistakes and terrible crimes of the past.

As Bishop of Rome and Successor of the Apostle Peter, I assure the Jewish people that the Catholic Church, motivated by the Gospel law of truth and love and by no political considerations, is deeply saddened by the hatred, acts of persecution and displays of anti-Semitism directed against the Jews by Christians at any time and in any place. The Church rejects racism in any form as a denial of the image of the Creator inherent in every human being".

Old 03-14-2019, 08:36 PM
RedC7AZ
CF Senior Member

You May want to double up this Sunday.
I'll say an extra Hail Mary and ask God to have mercy on the world's asshats.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:00 AM
KEZ06
CF Senior Member

Good for you hope that works out for you.Because your existence and all that is is merely a cosmic coincidence. Yea go with that since it is irrefutably logical.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:58 AM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ View Post
I'll say an extra Hail Mary and ask God to have mercy on the world's asshats.

Might want to throw in a extra 20 spot in the plate also.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:01 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Good for you hope that works out for you.Because your existence and all that is is merely a cosmic coincidence. Yea go with that since it is irrefutably logical.
It kind of reminds of when I was 8 and was told I had to be a good little rascal or Santa wouldnít come.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:41 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own either a chainsaw or a handgun.

It kind of reminds of when I was 8 and was told I had to be a good little rascal or Santa wouldnít come.
And I assume that your presents under the tree were the product of a loving, caring being, rather than an appearance due to random fluctuations in the quantum vacuum.

Am I correct?
Old 03-15-2019, 12:46 PM
acroy
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Red99SS View Post
The idea of being a Catholic these days is pretty crappy to many Catholics.
true
lifelong Catholic here
Don't judge the organization by those who don't practice what they preach...
Old 03-15-2019, 01:49 PM
Snowwolfe
CF Senior Member

If you support the church you support the priests who committed pedofilia against all those children.
If you find my statement to be incorrect then tell me what you did within the church to get rid of the priests that did and insure they were jailed for their crimes.
As they say, you are either part of the problem or part of the solution.

Last edited by Snowwolfe; 03-15-2019 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:37 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Lets not forget about those loving nuns. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...t-smyllum-park How people defend this place is beyond me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If you support Catholic church, isnít that the same thing as being an R. Kelly fan?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: