Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Boston U Says It Is ‘Dangerous’ for White People to Treat Everyone Equally

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Boston U Says It Is ‘Dangerous’ for White People to Treat Everyone Equally

Old 03-13-2019, 03:45 PM
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Derrick Reynolds View Post
I know this won't be popular, but I'll say it anyway: There is a point in there, although it is hard to see because it is wrapped in so many layers of the typical liberal hate. Those who say "I don't see color" and actually believe it, and act that way in public, are sooner or later going to make complete asses of themselves. When I was a kid, my parents taught me the whole "everyone is the same" thing that the "I don't see color" folks are trying to exemplify. As I got older, I realized that it just isn't true. People have cultural differences, even within the part of the US population whose families have been here for 100+ years. Black people in this country and white people in this country have cultural differences, which means that in many ways, they see the country differently. If you blind yourself to that, you will make an *** of yourself sooner or later, unless you prevent yourself from interacting with anyone outside of your herd.
When people say "they don't see color" that doesn't imply they are ignorant of cultural differences; it literally means I won't judge them based on their skin color.

And why is it any of our jobs to stay so aware and sensitive to everyone else's culture inside the USA when we're the dominant culture?
Old 03-13-2019, 04:15 PM
pologreen1
CF Senior Member

I love this.... in the mean time they are ACTUALLY stealing OUR money and sending it or funneling it to other Countries while we work longer in life by 15+ years than need be.

I can't wait for people to get serious and ignore the drama that never get resolved.

Divide and Conquer.

Last edited by pologreen1; 03-13-2019 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:45 PM
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18

Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
When people say "they don't see color" that doesn't imply they are ignorant of cultural differences; it literally means I won't judge them based on their skin color.
I don't see it that way. Saying "I don't see color" means that the person saying that is ignorant to the fact that the person may have a different perspective simply because they are from a different culture. It doesn't guarantee such, but the possibility should be recognized if the goal is to have a positive interaction with the person in front of you.

And why is it any of our jobs to stay so aware and sensitive to everyone else's culture inside the USA when we're the dominant culture?
My previous post already addressed this. IMO, your idea that "we're the dominant culture" is the root of the issue. You seem convinced that YOUR culture is dominant in this country, even though I have no idea what your culture is. What, exactly, do you consider "your culture" to be that is so dominant here in the good ol' US of A?
Old 03-13-2019, 05:55 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

I don't see it that way. Saying "I don't see color" means that the person saying that is ignorant to the fact that the person may have a different perspective simply because they are from a different culture. It doesn't guarantee such, but the possibility should be recognized if the goal is to have a positive interaction with the person in front of you.

My previous post already addressed this. IMO, your idea that "we're the dominant culture" is the root of the issue. You seem convinced that YOUR culture is dominant in this country, even though I have no idea what your culture is. What, exactly, do you consider "your culture" to be that is so dominant here in the good ol' US of A?
only racist democrats see color....recall their kkk...their Jim Crow laws...their eugenics....their segregation....
Old 03-13-2019, 09:13 PM
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member

Anglo-Saxon white culture. You know, that makes up about 70% of the population?
Old 03-13-2019, 10:17 PM
Walford
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Red99SS View Post
Could they please just cut the bullshit and get to the quintessence of their worldview? "If you're white, you're a racist."

Look at that sign! Perfect example. White silence equals violence? When we DO say something they tell is we have no right to an opinion because we're white, and therefore racists. If we dont say anything, silence equals violence and whites are therefore racists.

Why don't they they tell us what we can do to not be racists.
Because if we could possibly stop being racist, they would all be out of a job.

Therefore it is racist to not be racist.

Last edited by Walford; 03-13-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:25 PM
NBM LS1 M6
CF Senior Member

Location: I helped our former POSOTUS return the wealth of America to its rightful owners one parcel of real e
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Waytofastvette2006 View Post
Oh I see color

I’ve rented to black people notice the use of ( past tense )

All one needs to do is have some seat time dealing with that group and you will come to your own real world conclusions
Sad but mostly true.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:25 PM
Zoomin
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

How deep is the irony of this situation where guilty whites elected a black man - and now whites are demonized no matter what position they take. Zero set race relations back 60 years.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:28 PM
NBM LS1 M6
CF Senior Member

Location: I helped our former POSOTUS return the wealth of America to its rightful owners one parcel of real e

Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
dirt is dirt
I believe that is an excellent summary of the subject(s) of this thread.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:31 PM
Red99SS
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZumZum View Post
Reparations. And maybe give them all the whitey owned land. That's working so well in Africa.
They actually came out and said that they want white people's money and property a year or two ago, if I remember correctly. So if the question is "What do you people want?" and the answer is "Absolutely everything you have" exactly why the should white people bother coming to the table at all? On those terms, **** em.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:40 PM
99 Driver
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '09,'11

Westren Civilizations and its ideology ...as the kids say..."woke" the World. This was all done by an Anglo ideologey. That is why minorities can live in harmonity with different groups and prosper more than any time in woild history.

Anglo ideologey made this happen.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:40 PM
NBM LS1 M6
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by juanvaldez View Post
She is a professional race baiter much like Al Sharpton.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:42 PM
NBM LS1 M6
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by redred65cpe View Post
Big $$$ in the racism-industrial complex. I wonder how much she got paid to speak.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:43 AM
Priya
CF Senior Member

Let me sum it up for you. Anyone who says "I don't see colour." is really saying "I am willfully blind to any injustice people experience because of their colour and I'm unconditionally opposed to doing anything to lessen or stop that racial injustice."

"It seems Professor DiAngelo is making an unnecessary stretch in her logical reasoning so that she can bash the conservative value of extending tolerance and kindness to everyone, regardless of their identity."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Just look at the constant calls of conservatives on this forum for lgbt people to get less and less and pay more and more. You guys express non-stop hate and agression towards lgbt people - cut the bullshit that conservatives have tolerance and kindness for anyone they don't approve of (and that's a lot of people)

The truth is that conservatives don't believe in tolerance or kindness for anyone outside of what they consider their tribe.

The psychological research is clear, in general liberals favour fairness and conservatives oppose fairness:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxx...1hVFFRUDg/view
Old 03-14-2019, 01:08 AM
Walford
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Priya View Post
Let me sum it up for you. Anyone who says "I don't see colour." is really saying "I am willfully blind to any injustice people experience because of their colour and I'm unconditionally opposed to doing anything to lessen or stop that racial injustice."

"It seems Professor DiAngelo is making an unnecessary stretch in her logical reasoning so that she can bash the conservative value of extending tolerance and kindness to everyone, regardless of their identity."

Just look at the constant calls of conservatives on this forum for lgbt people to get less and less and pay more and more. You guys express non-stop hate and agression towards lgbt people - cut the bullshit that conservatives have tolerance and kindness for anyone they don't approve of (and that's a lot of people)

The truth is that conservatives don't believe in tolerance or kindness for anyone outside of what they consider their tribe.

The psychological research is clear, in general liberals favour fairness and conservatives oppose fairness:

Hmmm. I smoke pole and they don't hate me. Jen got the crotch-swap and they don't hate her. I don't know wtf you mean by "pay more" or "get less." Nobody here wants to deprive me of a damn thing.

You're delusional.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:24 AM
calwldlife
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Walford View Post
Hmmm. I smoke pole and they don't hate me. Jen got the crotch-swap and they don't hate her. I don't know wtf you mean by "pay more" or "get less." Nobody here wants to deprive me of a damn thing.

You're delusional.
why yes, yes she is.
no clue
Old 03-14-2019, 01:26 AM
Ben Lurkin
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '09

The lack of a father in the home is the number one indicator of whether or not a yute is going to be a criminal. There are exceptions of course, but look at the crime rates and demographics.

You want to be successful? Don't drop out of high school, don't do stupid **** that'll get you arrested, don't have a baby before you're married, and learn a marketable skill!
Old 03-14-2019, 01:29 AM
Boba Fett
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Waytofastvette2006 View Post
Oh I see color

I’ve rented to black people notice the use of ( past tense )

All one needs to do is have some seat time dealing with that group and you will come to your own real world conclusions
Ive rented to scum, BOTH black and white, bad tenants are not exclusive to the black race
Originally Posted by Millenium Z06 View Post
As have I, also rented to white people, had every door and light fixture in the effin house missing when they moved out then they had the nerve to demand their security deposit back.
Pretending that trash only exists in one segment of the population is BS.

Rented to a Hispanic once, he couldn't pay rent for 2 months but he called me ahead and said he could trade it out in improvements to the house. When i came for a look, that mf'r had pulled up all the carpet and replaced it with wood floors, put in new cabinets and granite countertops. Trashy people....
exactly
Originally Posted by Walford View Post
He was stealing the material from his jobsite.

Originally Posted by Halfvette View Post
There is no pretending. The statistics on black crime per capita are staggering and won’t change until people are willing to accept the truth.

So so your tenant didn’t have money for rent, but money for thousands of dollars of upgrades? Ok.....
He didn't say anything about pretending on stats, he said pretending that trash only exists in one segment of the population is BS...are you denying this?
Old 03-14-2019, 01:35 AM
Boba Fett
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

And I need to give a heads up to the white people in the room,” DiAngelo continued. “When people of color hear us say this, they’re generally not thinking, ‘Alright, I’m talking to a woke white person right now.’ Usually, some version of eye-rolling is going on, and a wall is going up.”
total, and I mean TOTAL horse chyt
Old 03-14-2019, 03:46 AM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by Priya View Post

i see your liberal fear, loathing, and hatred is still raging...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boston U Says It Is ‘Dangerous’ for White People to Treat Everyone Equally

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: