Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Boston U Says It Is ‘Dangerous’ for White People to Treat Everyone Equally

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Old 03-13-2019, 08:08 AM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Boston U Says It Is ‘Dangerous’ for White People to Treat Everyone Equally

Spencer Platt/Getty Images

12 Mar 2019289

1:53

A guest lecturer at Boston University last week told students that it is “dangerous” for white students to not see race.

According to a report from The College Fix, University of Washington Professor Robin DiAngelo that it is “dangerous” for white people to say that they see people as individuals.

DiAngelo spent a significant portion of her lecture addressing the “issue” of non-minorities who say that they are “colorblind.” DiAngelo says that others might say instead that they were “taught to treat everyone the same.” All of these individuals, DiAngelo argues, hold “dangerous” attitudes that have been shaped by society’s “implicit biases.”

“If you are being honest, you’ve probably said it,” DiAngelo said in the speech. “Your parents could lecture you to do it [but] you don’t do it, you can’t do it, there is no human objectivity.”
“My friend Erin Trent Johnson … she says, ‘When I hear a white person say this, what I am thinking is: ‘This is a dangerous white person. This is a white person who is going to need to deny my reality,” DiAngelo added.

“And I need to give a heads up to the white people in the room,” DiAngelo continued. “When people of color hear us say this, they’re generally not thinking, ‘Alright, I’m talking to a woke white person right now.’ Usually, some version of eye-rolling is going on, and a wall is going up.”

DiAngelo is making the case that is wrong to treat everyone with the same level of dignity and respect. It seems Professor DiAngelo is making an unnecessary stretch in her logical reasoning so that she can bash the conservative value of extending tolerance and kindness to everyone, regardless of their identity.

You can listen to this portion of DiAngelo’s speech below.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:18 AM
Waytofastvette2006
CF Senior Member

Oh I see color

I’ve rented to black people notice the use of ( past tense )

All one needs to do is have some seat time dealing with that group and you will come to your own real world conclusions
Old 03-13-2019, 08:32 AM
ZumZum
CF Senior Member

‘This is a dangerous white person. This is a white person who is going to need to deny my reality,” DiAngelo added.
Say what?
Old 03-13-2019, 08:58 AM
Millenium Z06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Waytofastvette2006 View Post
Oh I see color

I’ve rented to black people notice the use of ( past tense )

All one needs to do is have some seat time dealing with that group and you will come to your own real world conclusions
As have I, also rented to white people, had every door and light fixture in the effin house missing when they moved out then they had the nerve to demand their security deposit back.
Pretending that trash only exists in one segment of the population is BS.

Rented to a Hispanic once, he couldn't pay rent for 2 months but he called me ahead and said he could trade it out in improvements to the house. When i came for a look, that mf'r had pulled up all the carpet and replaced it with wood floors, put in new cabinets and granite countertops. Trashy people....
Old 03-13-2019, 09:00 AM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06 View Post
As have I, also rented to white people, had every door and light fixture in the effin house missing when they moved out then they had the nerve to demand their security deposit back.

Rented to a Hispanic once, he couldn't pay rent for 2 months but he called me ahead and said he could trade it out in improvements to the house. When i came for a look, that mf'r had pulled up all the carpet and replaced it with wood floors, put in new cabinets and granite countertops. Trashy people....
dirt is dirt
Old 03-13-2019, 09:22 AM
Walford
CF Senior Member

He was stealing the material from his jobsite.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:25 AM
RandolphB
CF Senior Member

Boston University is well known for the quality of education they provide.....!

Old 03-13-2019, 09:34 AM
Halfvette

There is no pretending. The statistics on black crime per capita are staggering and won’t change until people are willing to accept the truth.

So so your tenant didn’t have money for rent, but money for thousands of dollars of upgrades? Ok.....
Old 03-13-2019, 10:22 AM
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18

Originally Posted by Halfvette View Post
There is no pretending. The statistics on black crime per capita are staggering and won’t change until people are willing to accept the truth.

So so your tenant didn’t have money for rent, but money for thousands of dollars of upgrades? Ok.....
Luckily for us white folks, we KNOW that the higher crime rate among blacks is due SOELY because of the pigmentation in their skin, and has nothing to do with their statistically massive over-representation among our country's poor, right?

My county is 43% white, so I really don't have a choice but to rent to all colors. The worst tenants I ever had, and the only ones I have taken to court, and lost tens of thousands of dollars over, were white. Proper screening should stop nearly all of this: Do they have a job or jobs where I can confirm employment and income? Do they have SS numbers, and good credit? Can they get a reference from their previous landlord? If they answer to all three is "yes", and I meet them and they seem like respectful and respectable people, I'll rent to them without any regard to ethnicity.

The white people that cost me all that money? They passed my screening, and were great tenants for about 5 years. Then, the guy lost his job, crawled into a bottle, and became a complete *******. You can never predict the future.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:27 AM
VatorMan
CF Senior Member

CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11, '15

As far as I know- deadbeat, *******, jerk and scum are not color specific. The only person I would wish misfortune on is white. I hope that SOB is dying in bed after a long painful illness.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:31 AM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

This pretty much sums it up IMO:

“And I need to give a heads up to the white people in the room,” DiAngelo continued. “When people of color hear us say this (I don't see color), they’re generally not thinking, ‘Alright, I’m talking to a woke white person right now.’ Usually, some version of eye-rolling is going on, and a wall is going up.”
Old 03-13-2019, 10:36 AM
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-‘19

Originally Posted by RandolphB View Post
Boston University is well known for the quality of education they provide.....!

Indeed.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:55 AM
juanvaldez
CF Senior Member

She is a professional race baiter much like Al Sharpton.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:14 AM
GhostTX
CF Senior Member

God forbid we judge people on their character not their color.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:22 AM
Road machine
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

Spencer Platt/Getty Images

12 Mar 2019289

1:53

A guest lecturer at Boston University last week told students that it is “dangerous” for white students to not see race.

According to a report from The College Fix, University of Washington Professor Robin DiAngelo that it is “dangerous” for white people to say that they see people as individuals.

DiAngelo spent a significant portion of her lecture addressing the “issue” of non-minorities who say that they are “colorblind.” DiAngelo says that others might say instead that they were “taught to treat everyone the same.” All of these individuals, DiAngelo argues, hold “dangerous” attitudes that have been shaped by society’s “implicit biases.”

“If you are being honest, you’ve probably said it,” DiAngelo said in the speech. “Your parents could lecture you to do it [but] you don’t do it, you can’t do it, there is no human objectivity.”
“My friend Erin Trent Johnson … she says, ‘When I hear a white person say this, what I am thinking is: ‘This is a dangerous white person. This is a white person who is going to need to deny my reality,” DiAngelo added.

“And I need to give a heads up to the white people in the room,” DiAngelo continued. “When people of color hear us say this, they’re generally not thinking, ‘Alright, I’m talking to a woke white person right now.’ Usually, some version of eye-rolling is going on, and a wall is going up.”

DiAngelo is making the case that is wrong to treat everyone with the same level of dignity and respect. It seems Professor DiAngelo is making an unnecessary stretch in her logical reasoning so that she can bash the conservative value of extending tolerance and kindness to everyone, regardless of their identity.

You can listen to this portion of DiAngelo’s speech below.

https://soundcloud.com/thecollegefix...s-white-person
Did Boston U say this, or did a guest lectrurer say it as the original head line says.......why did the OP falsely say the Boston U said this?????

"White privilege lecture tells students white people ‘dangerous’ if they don’t see race"

Last edited by Road machine; 03-13-2019 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:39 AM
Halfvette

Originally Posted by Derrick Reynolds View Post
Luckily for us white folks, we KNOW that the higher crime rate among blacks is due SOELY because of the pigmentation in their skin, and has nothing to do with their statistically massive over-representation among our country's poor, right?

My county is 43% white, so I really don't have a choice but to rent to all colors. The worst tenants I ever had, and the only ones I have taken to court, and lost tens of thousands of dollars over, were white. Proper screening should stop nearly all of this: Do they have a job or jobs where I can confirm employment and income? Do they have SS numbers, and good credit? Can they get a reference from their previous landlord? If they answer to all three is "yes", and I meet them and they seem like respectful and respectable people, I'll rent to them without any regard to ethnicity.

The white people that cost me all that money? They passed my screening, and were great tenants for about 5 years. Then, the guy lost his job, crawled into a bottle, and became a complete *******. You can never predict the future.
Poor is no excuse for crime. While your story is unfortunate, it’s purely anecdotal and means little in the big picture as a whole.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:47 AM
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member

What kind of braindead BS is this? What's the alternative? be deferential to everyone who isn't white?
Old 03-13-2019, 11:52 AM
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18

Originally Posted by Halfvette View Post
Poor is no excuse for crime. While your story is unfortunate, it’s purely anecdotal and means little in the big picture as a whole.
An excuse? No. A reason? Statistically, yes. Poor people commit more crimes per capita than well-off people.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:54 AM
vader86
CF Senior Member

What this means is that all whitey=racist no matter what.

If you don't see race, then youre racist, but they really mean that a non-racist is whitey who treats all other races better than themselves because whitey should be the subservient race.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:57 AM
su8pack1
CF Senior Member

It's going to explode sooner or later. I know I've about had it with all this BS.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boston U Says It Is ‘Dangerous’ for White People to Treat Everyone Equally

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: