Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Trump wants to cut Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Trump wants to cut Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid

Old 03-14-2019, 11:22 AM
Tri-Tip
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC View Post
If SS is cut, so should the money they take from wages.

And, there better be a Grandfather Clause because paying into this **** nearly my whole life only to be cut back on makes people ******* snap.

It's easy for a Billionairre to do this when it has ZERO EFFECT on his ***.

****** should focus on welfare and illegal immigration issues first and foremost.
Ha ha ha, that will NEVER happen, although under trump, it might be cut for those making over $10,000,000 per year.

Last edited by Tri-Tip; 03-14-2019 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:33 AM
jasper711
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Slo Yelo C5 View Post
Agreed.

I'm in my 30s. I've been paying into it for 20 years. It needs to be reformed.

To be fair, the older you are, the less you should have it cut.

For example...
Current 60 year olds: 10-20% cut
50 year olds: 20-30% cut
40 year olds: 30-40% cut
30 year olds: 40-50% cut

That way, it's there for all. At the same time, the more you paid in, the less of a cut you face.
You youngsters didn't read the part about these savings being achieved by eliminating disability fraud.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:38 AM
Low12s
CF Senior Member

Location: Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the Rain.

Originally Posted by jasper711 View Post
You youngsters didn't read the part about these savings being achieved by eliminating disability fraud.
Exactly.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:16 PM
theandies
CF Senior Member

Location: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

What should be done is let me decide to opt out of SS right now and I'm within 10 to 15 years of retirement. Let people opt out with a lump sum payment based on the years you paid into this scam. If you opt out then SS is no longer stolen from your paycheck. I'll be happy to recoup 60% of what I've paid in over the years to get the government out of my wallet and gets me out of this ponzi scheme.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:21 PM
virtue4u
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Over9K View Post
I like the OP's idea that the *******-controlled House will pass Trump's budget.
Pdiddy gets owned again.
Trump cannot cut anything ... unless the Dem controlled House votes for it.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:30 PM
Suns_PSD
CF Senior Member

Only about 5% of Medicare cuts will be offset with fraud and waste corrections.

My wife is a therapist mostly for the elderly and you can not imagine how strict the Medicare fraud protections are. She can lose her entire career for sloppy paperwork, she can go to prison and pay 6 figure fines for the most minor of offenses (say cutting out 10 minutes early from a therapy session).

I promise you the corporate world has much more waste and fraud, like people sitting in a cubicle and using a work computer for posting on CF.com!

Trump has to pay for his tax cuts for the wealthy by removing benefits from the elderly, the poor, and the middle class. It's hard to imagine that anyone worth less than 3-5 million would agree with the Trump tax plans and budgets, but here we are.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:30 PM
su8pack1
CF Senior Member

If they never gave it to people who never contributed they wouldn't have a problem. Everybody and their grandmother is on disability insurance.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:40 PM
virtue4u
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by su8pack1 View Post
If they never gave it to people who never contributed they wouldn't have a problem. Everybody and their grandmother is on disability insurance.
People on SS Disability skyrocketed when Obama became President.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:46 PM
694speed350
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 69er View Post
Stupid move.
He's going to scare seniors.
if you are depending on only SS for retirement you are foolish better have a good 401k. as far as Medicare it's ok but leaves a lot to be desired. at my age 79, We depend on wife & my investments. Also we pay income tax on ss.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:42 PM
tiojames
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC View Post
If SS is cut, so should the money they take from wages.

And, there better be a Grandfather Clause because paying into this **** nearly my whole life only to be cut back on makes people ******* snap.

It's easy for a Billionairre to do this when it has ZERO EFFECT on his ***.

****** should focus on welfare and illegal immigration issues first and foremost.
I started paying into SS when I was 13 and paid until I was 67. The *** holes in the Senate raided the fund and gave IOUs. Obozo changed the designation from benefits to entitlements. They are not entitlements, we paid into the fund, it got jacked and now the scum bag politicians think they can cut the benefits.
If Trump does this he can kiss 2020 goodbye.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:46 PM
tiojames
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Slo Yelo C5 View Post
Agreed.

I'm in my 30s. I've been paying into it for 20 years. It needs to be reformed.

To be fair, the older you are, the less you should have it cut.

For example...
Current 60 year olds: 10-20% cut
50 year olds: 20-30% cut
40 year olds: 30-40% cut
30 year olds: 40-50% cut

That way, it's there for all. At the same time, the more you paid in, the less of a cut you face.
There would not have to be any cuts in SS. All that needs to be done is to have the money restored that was taken from the fund over the years to pay for other programs the Senate decided to fund.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:52 PM
tiojames
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Trapper Sean View Post
I thought all three of these, MC, MCD, and SS, were entitlement spending. If you meet qualifications, then you get the $ benefit. A "budget" for entitlements is what one might forecast to be paid out. "Cutting" a budget may have no direct effect on one's entitlement. One (or an affected agency) would have to also change the qualifications to decrease the level of entitlement. That may or may not happen.

You need to keep up with what has happened. SS was never an entitlement. It is paid into. The *** hole Obozo changed it from being a benefit to an entitlement.
Entitlements are for the give me bunch, SS was and is paid into( a requirement). Show me a welfare slug or a recipient of any entitlement that has paid into any fund so as to receive a stipend.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:57 PM
Snowwolfe
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...re-budget-cuts

Trump said he wouldn’t cut Medicaid, Social Security, and Medicare. His 2020 budget cuts all 3.

"President Donald Trump’s 2020 budget breaks one of his biggest campaign promises to voters: that he would leave Medicaid, Social Security, and Medicare untouched.

“I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid,” Trump told the Daily Signal, a conservative publication affiliated with the Heritage Foundation, in 2015.

Over the next 10 years, Trump’s 2020 budget proposal aims to spend $1.5 trillion less on Medicaid — instead allocating $1.2 trillion in a block-grant program to states — $25 billion less on Social Security, and $845 billion less on Medicare (some of that is reclassified to a different department). Their intentions are to cut benefits under Medicaid and Social Security."
You quoted Trump saying he would not cut these programs.
Where is the quote saying he will?
Old 03-14-2019, 02:08 PM
Gordon Shumway
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 30YR W8T View Post
I guess some of the lefties didn't read Trumps plan for cutting cost. Apparently the idea of taking on fraud, cutting waste and misuse of taxpayer dollars, is offensive to them.
The idea that $25B of spending over 10 years somehow relates to benefit cuts is hilarious. $2.5B a year of the SS program is barely chump change,and more of a rounding error. It clearly has to be intended as savings in the administration of the program. Like you say, it is the perennial bs about cutting F,W & A.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:17 PM
Optimus_C5
CF Senior Member

Location: If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. South West Florida / Livin' The Dream
St. Jude Donor '12

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...re-budget-cuts

Trump said he wouldn’t cut Medicaid, Social Security, and Medicare. His 2020 budget cuts all 3.

"President Donald Trump’s 2020 budget breaks one of his biggest campaign promises to voters: that he would leave Medicaid, Social Security, and Medicare untouched.

“I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid,” Trump told the Daily Signal, a conservative publication affiliated with the Heritage Foundation, in 2015.

Over the next 10 years, Trump’s 2020 budget proposal aims to spend $1.5 trillion less on Medicaid — instead allocating $1.2 trillion in a block-grant program to states — $25 billion less on Social Security, and $845 billion less on Medicare (some of that is reclassified to a different department). Their intentions are to cut benefits under Medicaid and Social Security."
Non of this matters since according to AOC an her minions we are all going to get a living wage, free Medicare and a bunch of other benefits.

But since the world is ending in 12 years none of it really matters.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:21 PM
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by virtue4u View Post
Pdiddy gets owned again.
Trump cannot cut anything ... unless the Dem controlled House votes for it.
That isn't owning. Trump still is asking for it, despite his promises to not touch it.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:21 PM
Covfefe
CF Senior Member

It’s called the President’s Budget Request.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:22 PM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge

That isn't owning. Trump still is asking for it, despite his promises to not touch it.
Still missing the fraud part huh?
Old 03-14-2019, 02:26 PM
need-for-speed
CF Senior Member

CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'07-'09-'10,’17

Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
Only about 5% of Medicare cuts will be offset with fraud and waste corrections.

My wife is a therapist mostly for the elderly and you can not imagine how strict the Medicare fraud protections are. She can lose her entire career for sloppy paperwork, she can go to prison and pay 6 figure fines for the most minor of offenses (say cutting out 10 minutes early from a therapy session).

I promise you the corporate world has much more waste and fraud, like people sitting in a cubicle and using a work computer for posting on CF.com!

Trump has to pay for his tax cuts for the wealthy by removing benefits from the elderly, the poor, and the middle class. It's hard to imagine that anyone worth less than 3-5 million would agree with the Trump tax plans and budgets, but here we are.
Than. .gov entities ?

you just lost alll credibility.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:44 PM
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 30YR W8T View Post
Still missing the fraud part huh?
I doubt there is over a trillion in fraud to cut.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trump wants to cut Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: