Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Ho hum. Another boring thrd. about illegal murdering a citizen. Oh well.

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Ho hum. Another boring thrd. about illegal murdering a citizen. Oh well.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:43 AM
jashmore1234
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
Well then, lets compare and contrast.

You: Read the articles, discuss them here, maybe get a little angry, and then continue about your day just like any other day.

Me: Stopped reading the articles, sometimes discuss them here, maybe get a little angry, and then continue about my day just like any other day.

Did I miss anything?
Got it, you donít care the illegals murder US citizens because it is inconvenient to your position on immigration.

That makes you an immoral person by definition.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:44 AM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by GARYFINN View Post
You miss EVERYTHING komrade
I hear ya Gary. Answering that question with maturity might suggest that we react to the issue very differently yet our reactions lead to the same results. I think this is an uncomfortable position for you.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:45 AM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by jashmore1234 View Post
Got it, you donít care the illegals murder US citizens because it is inconvenient to your position on immigration.

That makes you an immoral person by definition.
If you're genuinely interested in my position on immigration (which is different from my position on illegal immigration) you would ask.

Morals are subjective.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:51 AM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by VETTRLZ View Post
So... You're saying that moral principle becomes less important to you when examples of said moral principle are shown to you to the point of boredom.

Got it.

Perhaps you should just not open these threads, then.
No ****. Consider the difference on how this is treated by the left.

School shooting - OH MY GOD! They happen so often, we've become numb.SOMETHING MUST BE DONE! So let's take guns away from everyone who DIDN'T commit the crime.

Illegal murders a US Citizen - I'm bored. Did this happen in my neighborhood? If not, I don't care......tear down that wall!

If you ******* leftists weren't so dangerous I'd just ******* laugh at you. But your stupidity affect me.....so you **** me the **** off. I hope you all suffer the same affects many of us have, If you had you wouldn't have this idiotic attitude.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:16 PM
Lord Vetter
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13

I stopped reading these threads and didn't read the article in the OP for the same reason you would stop reading threads about random Americans citizens being killed by another American citizen in some random place for a random reason. A local murder (same town) is more important to people than a murder in Idaho (or some state 1000 miles away from you). I get the political slant to "illegal alien killed someone" but that shock and awe wore off the 4th or 5th time it was posted here, which was about 500 times ago.

The point, besides the one on your head, is illegals shouldn't be here murdering our fellow citizens, adding to an existing problem.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:29 PM
virtue4u
CF Senior Member

ICE requested California to detain one of these murderers, but the California city could not do it because of the Dem laws in California.
Bee will explain.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:29 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Just committing the murders Americans won't commit.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:30 PM
Peva
CF Senior Member

I stopped reading these threads and didn't read the article in the OP for the same reason you would stop reading threads about random Americans citizens being killed by another American citizen in some random place for a random reason. A local murder (same town) is more important to people than a murder in Idaho (or some state 1000 miles away from you). I get the political slant to "illegal alien killed someone" but that shock and awe wore off the 4th or 5th time it was posted here, which was about 500 times ago.
Damn! I intentionally worded the thread title (ďHo hum. Another boring thrd. about illegal murdering a citizen. Oh well.Ē) like I did to mock a non-caring attitude about the problem. I didnít realize that I was channeling you when I did so.

You know sometimes I have thoughts that I donít say out loud because, though in my own mind I might feel they are justified, I realize that they might be misunderstood, and itís just best to keep my mouth shut unless I just want to be a troll.

Do you go up to a family at a funeral and tell them ďHey - itís no biggie that your momma died - thousands of other people died today. Oh - she had cancer? So what - lots of people do.Ē - Ďcause thatís how you come across. Itís called self-awareness (or in your case, lack thereof).
Old 03-14-2019, 01:34 PM
virtue4u
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Peva View Post
Damn! I intentionally worded the thread title (“Ho hum. Another boring thrd. about illegal murdering a citizen. Oh well.”) like I did to mock a non-caring attitude about the problem. I didn’t realize that I was channeling you when I did so.

You know sometimes I have thoughts that I don’t say out loud because, though in my own mind I might feel they are justified, I realize that they might be misunderstood, and it’s just best to keep my mouth shut unless I just want to be a troll.

Do you go up to a family at a funeral and tell them “Hey - it’s no biggie that your momma died - thousands of other people died today. Oh - she had cancer? So what - lots of people do.” - ‘cause that’s how you come across. It’s called self-awareness (or in your case, lack thereof).
Dems like Bee tell us they are so compassionate.

Notice that when it comes to the idea of America changing the temperature of the whole planet by multiple degrees the Dems like Bee are very, very concerned.
But when it comes to protecting American life from the invasion of illegal immigrants we get a big yawn from Bee.

It is just his internal way of rationalizing his mistaken support of Democrats.
He is too weak, too brainwashed to change.

Last edited by virtue4u; 03-14-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:40 PM
RandolphB
CF Senior Member

Maybe for you it isn't an issue and you can just blow it off...but there are number of folks here who have had friends and family killed or injured that NEVER forget. We advocate for change on a local and national level. Doorgunner took it to DC himself. Every time I try to look fully to the left, the pain reminds me to not forget and keep on pounding for enforcement of existing laws and a wall to help out. Maybe it wouldn't be so ho hum to you if you got to visit the grave of one of your kids killed by an illegal.......
Old 03-14-2019, 01:55 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Peva View Post
Damn! I intentionally worded the thread title (“Ho hum. Another boring thrd. about illegal murdering a citizen. Oh well.”) like I did to mock a non-caring attitude about the problem. I didn’t realize that I was channeling you when I did so.

You know sometimes I have thoughts that I don’t say out loud because, though in my own mind I might feel they are justified, I realize that they might be misunderstood, and it’s just best to keep my mouth shut unless I just want to be a troll.

Do you go up to a family at a funeral and tell them “Hey - it’s no biggie that your momma died - thousands of other people died today. Oh - she had cancer? So what - lots of people do.” - ‘cause that’s how you come across. It’s called self-awareness (or in your case, lack thereof).
I used to feel that way and found it massively unproductive.

Example. When someone dies everyone says "my thoughts and prayers are with you" which is a lie 98% of the time (my opinion only) unless they meant to say "my thoughts and prayers are with you for the next 10 min and then I'll go back to my normal day as if nothing happened". The latter would be the most honest response next to nothing at all.

I appreciate your opinion of how I come across. However, if we can't be honest here (an anonymous discussion forum) then we can't be honest anywhere. I've lost interest in yet another story about an illegal killing a citizen just like you've lost interest in yet another story about a person dying in an auto collision. It's simple human nature: The first time is a tremendous tragedy, the 5th time is still a tragedy, the 25th time is a story like the rest. However... if the 26th time was a person you knew personally or a family member it becomes a tremendous tragedy once again (for a short time). This is basic human nature. I'm not apologizing for it or defending it, I'm simply reminding you it exists and no amount of words on today's forum will change that.

Whether you feel deeply effected by the OP's article or feel nothing at all the outcome is the same.

EDIT:

Randolph: "Maybe for you it isn't an issue and you can just blow it off...but there are number of folks here who have had friends and family killed or injured that NEVER forget."

Perfect example of human nature. When it (murder, rape, auto death, house fire, etc.) happens to me the issue will absolutely take on a completely different meaning. When it happens to a random person in another random state I feel the same way about it (assuming this is story number 107) as Randolph would feel about a kid who died in home invasion in Illinois.

Last edited by Dr Bee; 03-14-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:49 PM
RandolphB
CF Senior Member

Randolph: "Maybe for you it isn't an issue and you can just blow it off...but there are number of folks here who have had friends and family killed or injured that NEVER forget."

Perfect example of human nature. When it (murder, rape, auto death, house fire, etc.) happens to me the issue will absolutely take on a completely different meaning. When it happens to a random person in another random state I feel the same way about it (assuming this is story number 107) as Randolph would feel about a kid who died in home invasion in Illinois.

TBH- a kid dying in a home invasion out of state is just as upsetting as nearby. I also have an international group of friends because of a number of things I'm involved with. Many times the dynamics that allowed it to happen (no enforcement of immigration laws/ no enforcement of gun laws/ useless court that let criminals off/ etc) are nationwide at this point. Hence why these stories don't get old to me.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:52 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by RandolphB View Post
TBH- a kid dying in a home invasion out of state is just as upsetting as nearby. I also have an international group of friends because of a number of things I'm involved with. Many times the dynamics that allowed it to happen (no enforcement of immigration laws/ no enforcement of gun laws/ useless court that let criminals off/ etc) are nationwide at this point. Hence why these stories don't get old to me.
I don't accept that.

In a similar situation, where this forum posts a story of someone dying in a home invasion once a week for a year, your level of emotional involvement would be a fraction for story number 50 as it was for story number 1. This is my opinion.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:22 PM
VETTRLZ
CF Senior Member

Perhaps.

If you continue reading the thread, I'm talking about human nature, not just myself. And on an aside, your anger and my "ho hum" produce the same results: nothing changes.
This is a discussion board, not the halls of congress.

Jeebus...
Old 03-14-2019, 05:06 PM
Torch FRC
CF Senior Member

Perhaps.

If you continue reading the thread, I'm talking about human nature, not just myself. And on an aside, your anger and my "ho hum" produce the same results: nothing changes.
Wrong!

We elected President Trump and many things are changing for the better. We still have plenty of power in this country.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:31 PM
Rexde1
CF Senior Member

Some people vote.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:35 PM
Frankie the Fink
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 3,335 Times in 2,647 Posts

Yeah - just ignore it and it'll be like it never happened...

I was hired into the Dept of Justice to deal with the holes in their fingerprint system because of Ramirez - look up "the Railroad Killer" and see how he entered the country illegally seven times and killed a half dozen American citizens...and that was over 20 years ago.

Your disdain for American murdered by illegals is palpable and revolting.

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 03-14-2019 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:50 PM
Torch FRC
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
Yeah - just ignore it and it'll be like it never happened...

I was hired into the Dept of Justice to deal with the holes in their fingerprint system because of Ramirez - look up "the Railroad Killer" and see how he entered the country illegally seven times and killed a half dozen American citizens...and that was over 20 years ago.

Your disdain for American murdered by illegals is palpable and revolting.

Dude doesn't even vote yet he spends all day here discussing politics.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:15 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Torch FRC View Post
Wrong!

We elected President Trump and many things are changing for the better. We still have plenty of power in this country.
I suppose I wasn't clear. Your anger about a story you read today and my disinterest in the same story today leads to the same outcome today: Nothing changes.

You can take credit for Trumps election based on years and years of anger if you like
Old 03-14-2019, 06:34 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by mission26 View Post
Why is Dr. Bee allowed to troll ever thread regardless of content and make it about Trump?
Read the thread bro. I came in on post number 8. Trump was first mentioned on post number 35 and not by me.

Anything else?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ho hum. Another boring thrd. about illegal murdering a citizen. Oh well.

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: