Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Ho hum. Another boring thrd. about illegal murdering a citizen. Oh well.

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Ho hum. Another boring thrd. about illegal murdering a citizen. Oh well.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:32 AM
Peva
CF Senior Member

Default Ho hum. Another boring thrd. about illegal murdering a citizen. Oh well.

Nothin’ to see here.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...for-murder.amp

...The San Jose police chief blasted California’s sanctuary city policies Tuesday after a previously deported
illegal immigrant with a long rap sheet was arrested for murder in the brutal stabbing of a 59-year-old woman.

Chief Eddie Garcia said the murder of Bambi Larson, who was killed inside her home Thursday afternoon, demands that police and the county have an honest conversation over the refusal to honor U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement detainer requests for violent criminals.

“This isn’t about politics, this is about public safety,” Garcia said during a press conference Tuesday, during which he also spoke about the arrest of 24-year-old Carlos Eduardo Arevalo Carranza. “He could have been turned over six times.”

Garcia said his officers first made contact with Arevalo Carranza, who is believed to be homeless, when he was arrested for alleged methamphetamine possession. He was cited and released KTVU reported.

But DNA taken during his arrest matched samples taken from multiple locations around Larson’s home and, once he was located again by police, he was arrested on suspicion of murder.

Police said Arevalo Carranza was seen on security footage “stalking" the area near Larson’s home on the day of her murder and well as leaving the residence after the crime was committed. A connection between the two has not been determined, Garcia said.

Erik Bonnar, an acting field office director for ICE, said Arevalo Carranza had been previously deported by Homeland Security from McAllen, Texas in 2013. At some point, he returned to the U.S. and has since been arrested numerous times on suspicion of committing offenses including burglary, battery, false imprisonment, possession of methamphetamine and prowling.

In the Los Angeles and Santa Clara counties, the 24-year-old had been arrested six times – the most recent for allegedly possessing methamphetamine and paraphernalia in January.

"How many more people have to be killed or injured before California lawmakers will open discussions to revise the state policy prohibiting local law enforcement agencies from working with ICE to apprehend dangerous criminal aliens?" Bonnar said in a statement. "It’s unfortunate that our communities face dangerous consequences because of inflexible state laws that protect criminal aliens. These sanctuary policies have unintended, but very real, and often tragic consequences to public safety."

California’s sanctuary law – signed by Gov. Jerry Brown in 2017 – largely prohibits local enforcement from keeping illegal immigrants in custody at the request of federal immigration officials.

“It has been my long-standing position that all undocumented immigrants who are serious or violent felons, should be held for ICE evaluations,” Sheriff Laurie Smith said in a statement. “I will advocate to change the county policy to try to prevent this from happening again.”

Larson attended San Jose State University and the University of California at Santa Cruz and was a manager at medical training company Roche Sequencing Solutions in San Jose.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:37 AM
65Z01
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In II Veteran

Sucks to have US citizen killed by illegal aliens but hopefully she was a libbie twit who voted jackass, un-American "D"s into office.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:49 AM
Platoface
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11

It is why I go to the gun range twice a week.

And buy ammo by the thousands.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:59 AM
LFZ
CF Senior Member

The illegal is the D hero in this case. Loved by all liberals.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:10 AM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

We need more. Beto says "tear down that wall!".

Anyone that supports the left is an accomplice to murder and deserves to be executed themselves in place of the missing illegal murderer.

Your support has consequences. It's time you feel them. The rest of us already have.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:13 AM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Platoface View Post
It is why I go to the gun range twice a week.

And buy ammo by the thousands.
I'm still buying ammo by the bushel, but my range trips are becoming less frequent (even though it's literally right down the street).

But you know what.... I'm just not all that concerned if it takes 4 or 5 misplaced body shots to bring someone down......I got lots of ammo. And if I'm shooting, they deserve the pain.

Last edited by X-ZZ4; 03-14-2019 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:23 AM
Cooter Tech
CF Senior Member

Today, the senate is voting to protect illegals over the safety of American citizens, unbelieveable. How can they justify thos, someone please explain.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:33 AM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

I stopped reading these threads and didn't read the article in the OP for the same reason you would stop reading threads about random Americans citizens being killed by another American citizen in some random place for a random reason. A local murder (same town) is more important to people than a murder in Idaho (or some state 1000 miles away from you). I get the political slant to "illegal alien killed someone" but that shock and awe wore off the 4th or 5th time it was posted here, which was about 500 times ago.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:54 AM
SteveG75
CF Senior Member

“Carry on, carry often, carry absolutely everywhere. Never leave your cave without your club."
Old 03-14-2019, 11:01 AM
Over9K
CF Senior Member

******** that live in shithole California and vote ******* Democrats into office are complicit.

******** that turn their heads and say "I don't care" are complacent.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:05 AM
gs568
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Over9K View Post
******** that live in shithole California and vote ******* Democrats into office are complicit.

******** that turn their heads and say "I don't care" are complacent.
The majority of the ******** here don't care about these victims much like Kate Steinle who was murdered by an illegal about a mile away from my home.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:06 AM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
I stopped reading these threads and didn't read the article in the OP for the same reason you would stop reading threads about random Americans citizens being killed by another American citizen in some random place for a random reason. A local murder (same town) is more important to people than a murder in Idaho (or some state 1000 miles away from you). I get the political slant to "illegal alien killed someone" but that shock and awe wore off the 4th or 5th time it was posted here, which was about 500 times ago.
You are complicit then komrade.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:13 AM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by GARYFINN View Post
You are complicit then komrade.
Well then, lets compare and contrast.

You: Read the articles, discuss them here, maybe get a little angry, and then continue about your day just like any other day.

Me: Stopped reading the articles, sometimes discuss them here, maybe get a little angry, and then continue about my day just like any other day.

Did I miss anything?
Old 03-14-2019, 11:13 AM
Torch FRC
CF Senior Member

It's all fun and games until it happens to you or your loved one you little beta Male coward.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:16 AM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Torch FRC View Post
It's all fun and games until it happens to you or your loved one you little beta Male coward.
^^^ precisely

People care momentarily (if that) about a murder in some other state. A murder on their neighborhood street is a very different issue. Human nature.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:18 AM
LFZ
CF Senior Member

Typical liberal argument........repulsive.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:33 AM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that

Well then, lets compare and contrast.

You: Read the articles, discuss them here, maybe get a little angry, and then continue about your day just like any other day.

Me: Stopped reading the articles, sometimes discuss them here, maybe get a little angry, and then continue about my day just like any other day.

Did I miss anything?
You miss EVERYTHING komrade
Old 03-14-2019, 11:38 AM
VETTRLZ
CF Senior Member

So... You're saying that moral principle becomes less important to you when examples of said moral principle are shown to you to the point of boredom.

Got it.

Perhaps you should just not open these threads, then.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:40 AM
GhostTX
CF Senior Member

Seems like Chief Eddie Garcia is a racist.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:43 AM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by VETTRLZ View Post
So... You're saying that moral principle becomes less important to you when examples of said moral principle are shown to you to the point of boredom.

Got it.

Perhaps you should just not open these threads, then.
Perhaps.

If you continue reading the thread, I'm talking about human nature, not just myself. And on an aside, your anger and my "ho hum" produce the same results: nothing changes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ho hum. Another boring thrd. about illegal murdering a citizen. Oh well.

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: