Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

6 RHINOS oppose securing borders

Old 03-14-2019, 03:42 PM
Optimus_C5
CF Senior Member

Location: If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. South West Florida / Livin' The Dream
St. Jude Donor '12

Rubio defected. ��

Just sent his office an email letting him know how disappointed I am with his lack of support in securing our southern border.

They all fear that if President Trump can do an emergency declaration the democrats will be able to in the future. How stupid can they be. They don’t need a precedent to act when congress fails to do their jobs. Obama’s dreamer EO was an end around on Congress.

If what the Rinos fear is a precedent being set that could be used by a democrat president why wouldn’t dems vote for it. Big benefit for them if they believe they will win presidency in 2020.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:51 PM
JustinStrife
CF Senior Member

We are long over due for a revolution/civil war.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:58 PM
Gryphon_
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 30YR W8T View Post
People need to remember the elected officials who thinks illegals and criminals are more important than their fellow countrymen. I don't give a **** how they try and justify their position, especially considering they are fully aware the leftist want open borders. I am so sick of spineless RINO's I can't see straight. These worthless ***** just need to come out of the closet and admit what they really are.
You haven't been able to see straight for months.

The reason why even the GOP is voting down the Presidents' 'emergency' declaration is not because they suddenly love illegals or open borders, it is because the separation of powers matters more than anything else, no matter who the president is, or what the issue is.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:58 PM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Every one is a POS
Old 03-14-2019, 04:07 PM
Scoobydoobydoo
CF Senior Member

There were 12 that voted against it;

Republican senators voting against Trump in addition to Romney and Alexander included Rand Paul of Kentucky, Mike Lee of Utah, Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Jerry Moran of Kansas, Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania, Rob Portman of Ohio, Roger Wicker of Missouri, Marco Rubio of Florida and Roy Blunt of Missouri.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:13 PM
LFZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Scoobydoobydoo View Post
There were 12 that voted against it;

Republican senators voting against Trump in addition to Romney and Alexander included Rand Paul of Kentucky, Mike Lee of Utah, Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Jerry Moran of Kansas, Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania, Rob Portman of Ohio, Roger Wicker of Missouri, Marco Rubio of Florida and Roy Blunt of Missouri.
Not really surprised at all by most of those names......ALL ENEMIES of the American people.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:25 PM
H P Bushrod

CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
I honest-to-God don't get why anybody is against this - especially Schumer and Pelosi who were FOR it not that long ago...
I think its just a hate for anything Trump might get credit for..
You just hit the nail on the head brother. Remember the RINO's come election time. Vote their asses OUT.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:27 PM
Walford
CF Senior Member

Keyser Sözes.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:32 PM
VETTRLZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2000BSME View Post
Mike Lee is a perplexing one
Agreed. I was surprised to see his name on the list.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:46 PM
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-‘19

Originally Posted by Gryphon_ View Post

The reason why even the GOP is voting down the Presidents' 'emergency' declaration is not because they suddenly love illegals or open borders, it is because the separation of powers matters more than anything else, no matter who the president is, or what the issue is.

This sham of a vote is about political calculus, not about some perceived 'principled stand'.

If there had been any actual real danger of reaching a veto-proof majority the outcome would have been much different.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:49 PM
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
In fairness Obama's declared emergencies were not even remotely the same as this border declaration. Imposing sanctions against bad actors in shitholes around the world is not exactly the same thing as diverting approved funding to unapproved projects. If he were instead using the emergency declaration to impose sanctions against Mexico & other CA countries for facilitating illegal immigration (which probably isn't a bad idea), then that would be similar to what Obama declared.

Anyway you slice it, and whether you are for it or against it, the border declaration is an end run around Congress as written. The thread title suggesting those 6-7 Republicans are against securing the border, because they recognize the move for what it is, is kind of silly and disingenuous.
Maybe, maybe not. But the GOPe Congress still said squat when Obama declared emergencies to send monies to Africa. How is THAT justifiable?
Old 03-14-2019, 05:20 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by LarsAtTheBeach View Post
Every one is a POS
***** hatters one and all...
Old 03-14-2019, 06:21 PM
Gordon Shumway
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
Maybe, maybe not. But the GOPe Congress still said squat when Obama declared emergencies to send monies to Africa. How is THAT justifiable?
I'm not familiar with money sent there as a result of the emergency declaration. Can you provide a cite for that money? If it is money transferred from an approved action to a non-approved action, then it is not justifiable.

I realize this is PR&C, and that two wrongs make a right, but it would not change my opinion that this is an end run around Congress.

My comments were based on this summary of Obama emergency declarations, although I realize there may be substantive differences in reality.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:26 PM
rshaneck2002
CF Senior Member

When I think of the RNC Senators who sat on the sideline with the EO from Obama on the Dreamers or the cash sent to Iran, not a word said by the RINO section, not one. It makes me sick. I hope Trump shoves it up their asses. Primary the dicks. I am sick of the excuses they use as we put up with their BS. So many areas where they cave or vote lockstep with the Dem's it isn't even funny anymore. My Congressmen for example (Fred Upton) MI 6th. Hell we might as well have a D with his voting record. Money and power above country.is all this is...both sides. That and screw any conservative they see.....or hear. We conservatives knew this when they turned their backs to the Tea Party caving to Dem's cries about them. Destroyed their best allies at the time they did. As for the cash pay to Iran, weather it was an EO or not it should have never been done or allowed to go thru along with Hillary's Uranium deal. Giving and selling to your nation's biggest enemies is a one way ticket to hell in the end.

Last edited by rshaneck2002; 03-14-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:56 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Who opened the clown car door?
Old 03-14-2019, 07:19 PM
blaforce
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

He must have fallen for the "if we don't do it the democrats won't" BS.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:40 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by Gryphon_ View Post

link that that was the bill being voted on?
Old 03-14-2019, 07:44 PM
Z06 RB
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by LFZ View Post
Romney.....the biggest scumbag 2 faced anti-American POS with a R beside his name......and believe it or not, there are lowlives that support him.....absolutely disgusting.

The new John McCain.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:47 PM
Z06 RB
CF Senior Member

Old 03-14-2019, 07:49 PM
Z06 RB
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by H P Bushrod View Post
You just hit the nail on the head brother. Remember the RINO's come election time. Vote their asses OUT.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6 RHINOS oppose securing borders

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: