Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

6 RHINOS oppose securing borders

Old 03-15-2019, 07:28 PM
CatCam
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
Hey Axlerod, how many prison walls are 2,000 miles long through all types of terrain much of which can't be watched 24/7?
If I added up all the perimeter security fences at all of our military bases I'm pretty sure the number would be well over 2,000 miles......They do a pretty good job keeping people out....
Old 03-15-2019, 08:29 PM
gs568
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by CatCam View Post
If I added up all the perimeter security fences at all of our military bases I'm pretty sure the number would be well over 2,000 miles......They do a pretty good job keeping people out....
A simple concept that a simpleton fails to grasp.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:44 PM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
then they should VOTE to revoke the authority.
exactly. Anything less proves its 100% anti trump politics
Old 03-15-2019, 09:06 PM
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by TBIRD57 View Post
just a guess-maybe they learned their lesson?
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
then they should VOTE to revoke the authority.
Don't use logic when dealing with emotion
Old 03-15-2019, 09:22 PM
Axelrod
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
Don't use logic when dealing with emotion
The crybabies and whiners are doing a GREAT job of outing themselves all-the-time.

I'm still laughing about hekkings comments about 5th century technology and Utah doesn't care.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:34 PM
doorgunner
Doorgunner's '68 Project
Support Corvetteforum!

A Donkey and six Republicans walked into a hotel to discuss Trump...……

9 months later twelve RINOs and a Donkey with a smile on his face emerged.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:45 PM
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Axelrod View Post
Exactly, Mr USA Today. That sure is a helluva point you made there.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:47 PM
Gryphon_
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zrxmax View Post
Bull ****... paraphrased... the oath the politicians take is to preserve and protect us from foreign invaders in this case. You have to be stupid to think that job one is to be compromised by separation of powers... the fact is they all gave the same oath... get it now?
No sir, the 'bullshit' and 'stupidity' is all yours, because you cannot even google the oath of office a senator takes. See below. There is a difference between defending the Constitution of the US, and defending the US.

Senators swear to defend the Constitution, not the country. Get it now?

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental .....
Old 03-15-2019, 10:00 PM
Gryphon_
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 30YR W8T View Post
4. The presidents first duty is to defend the nation and its citizens, without them the Constitution doesn't really matter now does it?
Reading is hard. Oath of Office of the President is below. Yes, the Constitution matters above all. That is all that stands between us and another King George.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Need that translated into redneck?

Last edited by Gryphon_; 03-15-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:18 PM
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Gryphon_ View Post
Reading is hard. Oath of Office of the President is below. Yes, the Constitution matters above all. That is all that stands between us and another King George.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

The Constitution says:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened), against domestic Violence.
Invasion definition:

1783 dictionary:
descent upon a country, an usurpation, or encroachment.
https://books.google.com/books?id=Mo...hment.&f=false

1785 dictionary:
Hostile entrance upon the rights or possessions of another, hostile encroachments.
https://books.google.com/books?id=Lo...ts.%22&f=false
Old 03-16-2019, 04:48 AM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Old 03-16-2019, 04:59 AM
Zrxmax
CF Senior Member

No sir, the 'bullshit' and 'stupidity' is all yours, because you cannot even google the oath of office a senator takes. See below. There is a difference between defending the Constitution of the US, and defending the US.

Senators swear to defend the Constitution, not the country. Get it now?

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental .....
So... does that mean you are telling me the Constitution doesn't protect our country by giving us the right to protect ourselves from all enemies foreign and domestic? What is a country without a Constitution as the basis and the verbiage to protect it?

You threw out the baby with the bathwater on this one... got tell somebody else you think they are stupid... you are splitting words like they are hairs...
Old 03-16-2019, 12:29 PM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge

Sorry, but the Constitution is clear on the presidents responsibilities in protecting this nation. Maybe we need to break it down to a pre-K level so you can understand what is being stated.

Article. II.

Section. 1.

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America.

Section. 2.

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States.

Section. 3

he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

Article. IV.

Section. 4.

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened), against domestic Violence.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:04 PM
Gryphon_
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 30YR W8T View Post
Sorry, but the Constitution is clear on the presidents responsibilities in protecting this nation. Maybe we need to break it down to a pre-K level so you can understand what is being stated.
Article IV refers to the United States. The United States is not the president. Listing the provisions of Article IV and claiming it as one of the responsibilities of the president is your error. So when you break it down to 'pre-K' levels, better get someone smarter than you to do it.

Ask your wife - if she, like me, is an immigrant, then at least she will have passed a civics test.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:35 PM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge

Article IV refers to the United States. The United States is not the president. Listing the provisions of Article IV and claiming it as one of the responsibilities of the president is your error. So when you break it down to 'pre-K' levels, better get someone smarter than you to do it.

Ask your wife - if she, like me, is an immigrant, then at least she will have passed a civics test.
Here, let me make it simpler for you.

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America.
Are you really this stupid? My wife is an immigrant and she understands this clearly.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:25 PM
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member

Article IV requires that the United States secures the states against invasion. The ONLY one with authority to do that is the Commander-in-Chief. Guess who that is.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:08 PM
JustinStrife
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by claysmoker View Post
If you're young enough you might see some type of civil unrest, but I doubt most of us in our 70's will see it. When the left finally goes all in and tries to seize the guns, that will be the match that lights the fuse.
I just turned 39, 2 weeks ago. It will happen in my lifetime.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:14 PM
claysmoker
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '09-'11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by JustinStrife View Post
I just turned 39, 2 weeks ago. It will happen in my lifetime.
Sad to say, but I believe you're correct.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:18 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JustinStrife View Post
We are long over due for a revolution/civil war.
Well past due to refresh that tree of liberty.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:47 PM
Gryphon_
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast View Post
Article IV requires that the United States secures the states against invasion. The ONLY one with authority to do that is the Commander-in-Chief. Guess who that is.
Not exactly. Power to commit the US to war is vested in Congress, subject to specified caveats - the bolded section below is a close as it gets - but if Congress has taken a vote to deny that such an emergency exists, he clearly doesnt have the authority to act unilaterally:

The War Powers Resolution (also known as the War Powers Resolution of 1973 or the War Powers Act) (50 U.S.C. 15411548) is a federal law intended to check the president's power to commit the United States to an armed conflict without the consent of the U.S. Congress. The Resolution was adopted in the form of a United States Congress joint resolution. It provides that the U.S. President can send U.S. Armed Forces into action abroad only by declaration of war by Congress, "statutory authorization," or in case of "a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces"

The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30-day withdrawal period, without a Congressional authorization for use of military force (AUMF) or a declaration of war by the United States. The resolution was passed by two-thirds of each of the House and Senate, overriding the veto of the bill from President Nixon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6 RHINOS oppose securing borders

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: