Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Society seems so Corrupt and Dishonest

Old 03-15-2019, 07:16 AM
Nutmeg
CF Senior Member

With all that has been going on, it certainly seems that way.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:23 AM
basicstrategy777
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

He who is without sin, cast the first stone.

Where the **** did all these perfect people come from.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:52 AM
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18

Originally Posted by wadenelson View Post
It's all in "the book." Here, from "Two Timothies...

Understand this: In the last days terrible times will come. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, without love of good.

Was there ever a man who loved himself and his money more than Donald J. Trump? A more arrogant, boastful sob?

He denies (despite raw ******* **** stars while his 3rd wife is delivering his 5th child) having ever committed any "sin" for which he is in need of repentance. And yet today's so-called "Christians" ask him to sign their Bible.

The same people who damn near elected a child molester in Alabama to the senate (Roy Moore) who overlook Trump's ventures into the dressing room of beauty pageants, his *****-grabbing comments, and bragging about hitting on a married woman to a reporter.

Trump is the Father of all lies. The WaPo has documented over 8000 lies since being elected. Lying is his native language. In fact, generally it's safe to assume the exact OPPOSITE of anything he claims!

DJT may not be THE AntiChrist, but he is definitely "anti-Christ"

https://www.christianpost.com/news/t...ti-christ.html

The fact that so many American cannot see who he is is the bigger problem. Many openly admire his racism, hatred of the poor, and greed. They laughed when he mocked a disabled reporter.

Growing up I never thought I'd see this day. I used to laugh when Conservatives decided Obama was the Anti-C because he was black. Black, honest, upright, and moral. A lot of whites apparently couldn't stand that he was smarter and more accomplished than they would ever be.

So they elected the Dumpster Fire. Evil incarnate.

The last country to separate children from their parents was **** Germany, yet that is exactly what Jeff Beauregard Sessions and Trump decided to do to "punish" illegal immigrants. The Bible speaks clearly and repeatedly about taking care of the immigrant, not mistreating them in any way. Shall I quote a few verses?

God won't be mocked. America will be sorely tested for the values that caused them to admire Donald J. Trump, mostly the hatred of others,

Somebody doesn't know how to read the news.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:00 AM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
trump got elected as the POTUS. That has got to tell you something when people vote for a life-long cheat, philanderer and scumbag.
you are too dense to understand why Trump got elected.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:10 AM
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-‘19

Originally Posted by fyreline View Post
A lot of people adhere to the principle that all honesty is, is the fear of being caught. I suppose that's true if your moral compass doesn't work, or you never had one.

At one time 'Integrity' used to mean doing the right thing when nobody's watching. I guess that notion is now outdated.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:41 AM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

trump got elected as the POTUS. That has got to tell you something when people vote for a life-long cheat, philanderer and scumbag.
Yo have just described all of the obutthole voters, not to mention any commie lib.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:35 PM
GR8-LIFE
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post
At one time 'Integrity' used to mean doing the right thing when nobody's watching. I guess that notion is now outdated.

It certainly seems that way for so many - too many!

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 03-15-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:53 PM
doorgunner
Doorgunner's '68 Project
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by GR8-LIFE View Post
and it matters not how wealthy one is. In fact, the very affluent seem better at it than most

Dont get me wrong, I certainly do not lose sleep over the dishonest people in the world. I know that the Universe tends to take care of that. . But it does force one to keep his guard up. Cynicism has become a requirement for survival. I guess I'm grateful to someone or something for being aware of it. So many others are just easy prey
What's up GR8_ ?

"and it matters not how wealthy one is"...…..True. Without compassion wealth is something that does not impress the grave.

"In fact, the very affluent seem better at it than most"...…Do not be envious when the wicked prosper ~ God

"I know that the Universe tends to take care of that. . But it does force one to keep his guard up"...The sheep will be on the right and the goats will be on the left ~ God

"Cynicism has become a requirement for survival"... Put your complete trust in NO human, but in God only ~ God

"So many others are just easy prey"..... Yep.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:56 PM
BLZNSDL
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Paying taxes to the government to buy protection from it is the definition, basis and the justicfication of corruption and fascism.

In a leftist society where corruption is the default setting, the people on the right in the free market are veiwed as the evil and the corrupt ones.

Hayeks road to serfdom explained it and even dickwad jm keynes agreed hayek was correct.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:07 PM
694speed350
CF Senior Member

what's your excuse

Old 03-15-2019, 01:12 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by GR8-LIFE View Post
and it matters not how wealthy one is. In fact, the very affluent seem better at it than most

Dont get me wrong, I certainly do not lose sleep over the dishonest people in the world. I know that the Universe tends to take care of that. . But it does force one to keep his guard up. Cynicism has become a requirement for survival. I guess I'm grateful to someone or something for being aware of it. So many others are just easy prey
I appreciate your post for my own mental health reasons. I'm a skeptic and a cynic of 30+ yrs (lost my rosy opinion of society around 15ish) and get tired of hearing about how "inherently good" people are. Of course there are individual examples, many I think, but when the group gets large enough it generally turns to sh*t. Our society is no different. I think many individual people are inherently good and most (maybe all) societies are essentially bad.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:19 PM
calwldlife
CF Senior Member

don't know which lefty talking head let you down but when you put your
primary judgement on people by their looks and not actions then you get
what you deserve.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:28 PM
BLZNSDL
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
I appreciate your post for my own mental health reasons. I'm a skeptic and a cynic of 30+ yrs (lost my rosy opinion of society around 15ish) and get tired of hearing about how "inherently good" people are. Of course there are individual examples, many I think, but when the group gets large enough it generally turns to sh*t. Our society is no different. I think many individual people are inherently good and most (maybe all) societies are essentially bad.
the people that view it as our society instead of the societyhas gotten so big that it justifies your observation and critique.

inherently the individual is good, collectively is when he turns into a piece of ****

people that view society as our society instead of the society are ****. You are correct. blame yourself

Last edited by BLZNSDL; 03-15-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:42 PM
Red99SS
CF Senior Member

And you voted for team Clinton because they're... not?
Old 03-15-2019, 02:00 PM
Torch FRC
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by wadenelson View Post
It's all in "the book." Here, from "Two Timothies...

Understand this: In the last days terrible times will come. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, without love of good.

Was there ever a man who loved himself and his money more than Donald J. Trump? A more arrogant, boastful sob?

He denies (despite raw ******* **** stars while his 3rd wife is delivering his 5th child) having ever committed any "sin" for which he is in need of repentance. And yet today's so-called "Christians" ask him to sign their Bible.

The same people who damn near elected a child molester in Alabama to the senate (Roy Moore) who overlook Trump's ventures into the dressing room of beauty pageants, his *****-grabbing comments, and bragging about hitting on a married woman to a reporter.

Trump is the Father of all lies. The WaPo has documented over 8000 lies since being elected. Lying is his native language. In fact, generally it's safe to assume the exact OPPOSITE of anything he claims!

DJT may not be THE AntiChrist, but he is definitely "anti-Christ"

https://www.christianpost.com/news/t...ti-christ.html

The fact that so many American cannot see who he is is the bigger problem. Many openly admire his racism, hatred of the poor, and greed. They laughed when he mocked a disabled reporter.

Growing up I never thought I'd see this day. I used to laugh when Conservatives decided Obama was the Anti-C because he was black. Black, honest, upright, and moral. A lot of whites apparently couldn't stand that he was smarter and more accomplished than they would ever be.

So they elected the Dumpster Fire. Evil incarnate.

The last country to separate children from their parents was **** Germany, yet that is exactly what Jeff Beauregard Sessions and Trump decided to do to "punish" illegal immigrants. The Bible speaks clearly and repeatedly about taking care of the immigrant, not mistreating them in any way. Shall I quote a few verses?

God won't be mocked. America will be sorely tested for the values that caused them to admire Donald J. Trump, mostly the hatred of others,
May I suggest you move to Canada?
Old 03-15-2019, 03:49 PM
SilverC1
CF Senior Member

My wife and I talk about this periodically. Sometimes it seems that the world is so full of liars, cheats, crooks, and other forms of dishonesty, that you are actually hurting yourself by trying to be honest, and trying to live with integrity. The old adage of "Cheaters never prosper" doesn't seem to hold true, at least not in many cases. We even wonder if we did our children a disservice, by bringing them up to be honest, kind to others, etc.

We try and tell ourselves that the majority of people are still honest, and that it is the media's focus on the negative that just makes it seem so bad. But it IS depressing, and hard not to feel like a sap sometimes.

What I take out of the situation (my conclusion) is that I want to live my own life in a way that I can be proud of, basically, with a clear conscience. As they say, integrity is how you act when no one is looking.... If that hurts me, from time to time, so be it. At the same time, I want to be as aware of the dishonesty around me as possible, and not be naive about it. In part, to not be taken in, or taken advantage of, by others. And the third component is to point out dishonesty in others, and work to oust or "punish" the dishonest among us, where possible. Maybe there's not much we can do about it, in many cases, but we can do what we can to fight back against the dishonest, and against corruption in various forms, especially in the form of politicians.

As a side comment, my mother-in-law was basically defrauded by an attorney who had convinced her late husband to name him (the attorney) as executor of a small trust that was left to my mother-in-law. Which the attorney then "looted" for personal gain. In the end, we were only able to get a small portion of the money back. But along the way, I was able to get this attorney disbarred, via a lengthy process. In doing so, I realized that by getting him disbarred, we were actually minimizing our chances of getting any additional money back from the guy, by taking away his ability to work as an attorney (and/or, his ability to defraud others). But it was the right thing to do, and I took great satisfaction in getting this particular crook disbarred.....

Last edited by SilverC1; 03-15-2019 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:57 PM
calwldlife
CF Senior Member

a quick statement of my thinking.
most people are honest.
trouble comes when that honesty is tested by temptation.
then the self justification begins and a reason is found to do what they know is wrong.
when the media is full of people doing wrong and all kinds of reasons are given to
justify those wrongs it makes the average person have even more ways to tell themselves
it is ok to do wrong.
there
Old 03-15-2019, 04:10 PM
rshaneck2002
CF Senior Member

Wake up Irene., the 50's are over.......Irene being all of us. The my 3 Sons era is in the dust bin of history, if it even ever existed. Honest people? yeah right....
Old 03-15-2019, 04:14 PM
gs568
CF Senior Member

Libs tend to be more corrupt.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:47 PM
Torch FRC
CF Senior Member

OP are you having nightmares about Trump again?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Society seems so Corrupt and Dishonest

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: