Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Court rules Sandy Hook families can sue gunmaker over rifle used in shooting

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Court rules Sandy Hook families can sue gunmaker over rifle used in shooting

Old 03-15-2019, 12:23 PM
redvtt
CF Senior Member

Location: All great change begins at the dinner table Ronald Reagan

Originally Posted by TCracingCA View Post
One thing I would say in addition to crap like this, is if the guy changed anything or added anything, then the Owner was not using the weapon as sold! That alone should negate a lawsuit against a Manufacturer, but heck why not sue everyone from the President, all of Congress, the Governor, everyone in the State Assembies etc etc individually for having a US Constitution and Laws allowing the sale period in this Country and State if they want to be that stupid!
Can we sue for deaths occurring during and automobile or motorcycle crash in Connecticut?
The type of car, motorcycle or truck?
Old 03-15-2019, 12:42 PM
jasper711
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by steve_n_houston View Post
Lawyers are hoping for a lottery win for sure because, on the facts, this case is a dead loser.

However, I suspect they are backed by bigger forces and this is primarily a fact-finding mission:

These guys want to dig through Bushmaster's documents looking for dirt/sound bites which, I suspect, they think will also lead them to get to dig through the files of other companies files, including at least the NRA.
The new law enforcement model: big expensive, politically motivated investigation for bogus reason, and then file idiotic or previously dismissed charges for crimes of procedure. Welcome to a new era of American morality.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:42 PM
pologreen1
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by pewter99 View Post
you can sue all ya want.....I think the manufacturer should sue his families estate for failure to secure their weapon thus causing harm to their company
That is an excellent point!
Old 03-17-2019, 01:22 PM
C5pilot
CF Senior Member

Location: Be thankful we're not getting all the gov't we're paying for. S.E. PA

Originally Posted by BadUmp View Post
The families argued that the manufacturer, distributor and seller of the weapon negligently entrusted to civilian consumers an assault rifle that is suitable for use only by military and law enforcement personnel and violated the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act (CUTPA) through the sale or wrongful marketing of the rifle.
Um, the "entrusted" are guaranteed that right by the constitution and congress for not infringing upon the constitution any farther than it already has. The manufacturer is in no way at fault for what they are alleging. They suing the wrong institution but the judge will tell them that. I hope they have to pay defendants costs.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:24 PM
Red99SS
CF Senior Member

If the left allows a semi auto to identify as an m-16, why won't they let Sean king and Rachel dolezal identify as black?
Old 03-17-2019, 05:37 PM
Ret.NavyGTO
CF Senior Member

If I wreck my Black C5 I'm going to sue Procharger for making the F-1R, "no one needs that much horsepower on a street car."
Old 03-17-2019, 06:54 PM
Klondike
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post
This has been tried and shut down many times, the POS shyster lawyers try it knowing it will get tossed out after a couple state courts pass it. The shysters get plenty of money propagating bullshit like this.
There's the problem right there. Even if it eventually gets tossed, every damn time they bring it up , the defendant has to pony up for a defense. The Plaintiffs know this and are usually funded by Liberal groups in hopes that if they pull this **** enough times, it will break the bank of the defendant (Gun manufacturers). There should be retribution and punitive damages brought by the court against plaintiffs and their lawyers for such obvious litigation. There intent is not so much to win, but to peck the defendant to financial death by repeated attempts at the same failed litigation.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:15 AM
woodman300
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
whats the point behind showing pics of children who were shot to death?
there are many who believe that it never happened at all. that it was an exercise with actors. i think proof will have to be shown in order for the plaintiffs to have a chance to win. i think they will lose but who knows.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:18 AM
leadfoot4
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by woodman300 View Post
there are many who believe that it never happened at all. that it was an exercise with actors. i think proof will have to be shown in order for the plaintiffs to have a chance to win. i think they will lose but who knows.
I fully understand what you're saying, and basically agree. HOWEVER, there's always been something about that, which bothered me. Given the broadcast media's way of always sensationalizing acts of mass violence, especially when children are involved, I was rather surprised at how "low key" their coverage of the children's funerals were. I honestly expected "wall-to-wall, 24/7" coverage of these funerals, given the number of children that were allegedly shot. In reality, I recall very low key coverage of 2-3 of the funerals. This has always left me wondering, about the "staged conspiracy" theory that was mentioned when this first happened....
Old 03-18-2019, 10:40 AM
mustclime
CF Senior Member

If Ford ran an ad stating that their F150 was the best truck for running down and killing people ,then someone bought one and killed people. Ford would get their butts sued off. Well gun companies do it all the time, time to pay up.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:55 AM
LFZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
If Ford ran an ad stating that their F150 was the best truck for running down and killing people ,then someone bought one and killed people. Ford would get their butts sued off. Well gun companies do it all the time, time to pay up.
Another low IQ post.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:59 AM
leadfoot4
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by LFZ View Post
Another low IQ post.
Just consider the source.....
Old 03-18-2019, 01:35 PM
Sifu-TZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by woodman300 View Post
the people you’re talking about are too stupid to reason with, like moon landing deniers and anti-vaxxers. We already pander to the dumbest ************* in the country as it is.
Those pics will be seen in court and that’s as far as I believe they should ever go.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:38 PM
NBM LS1 M6
CF Senior Member

Location: I helped our former POSOTUS return the wealth of America to its rightful owners one parcel of real e
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by pewter99 View Post
you can sue all ya want.....I think the manufacturer should sue his families estate for failure to secure their weapon thus causing harm to their company
Old 03-18-2019, 01:44 PM
ZumZum
CF Senior Member

Link to said ads, please.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:45 PM
6spdC6
CF Senior Member

Location: A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake in the "Peoples Republic" of upper NY state http://www.visitsacandaga.com/

Originally Posted by woodman300;1599063950[b
]there are many who believe that it never happened at all. that it was an exercise with actors. i think proof will have to be shown in order for the plaintiffs to have a chance to win. i think they will lose but who knows.
I believe its true. We have a bunch of retired gents that get together for breakfast at our local family diner one day a week.. One of the people there is a retired cop from that jurisdiction.. He knew and knows a lot of people there. Listen to him talk and they will be no doubt in your mind! IT HAPPENED

Last edited by 6spdC6; 03-18-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:16 PM
GhostTX
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZumZum View Post
Link to said ads, please.
X2. Posters. Commercials. Magazine ads. We'll wait.

Last edited by GhostTX; 03-18-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:45 PM
ZumZum
CF Senior Member

Still waiting on that link.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:46 PM
Ret.NavyGTO
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZumZum View Post
Still waiting on that link.
You'd better find a comfy chair and order some carry out.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:03 PM
JustinStrife
CF Senior Member

you are one of the most intellectually dishonest people there is on this forum

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Court rules Sandy Hook families can sue gunmaker over rifle used in shooting

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: