Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Privilege is evil and it must be abolished so I can get privilege!

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Privilege is evil and it must be abolished so I can get privilege!

 
Old 03-14-2019, 10:16 PM
  #1  
Walford
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Walford's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2002
Location: Half-drunk. Will travel.
Posts: 65,097
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Privilege is evil and it must be abolished so I can get privilege!

Just browsing another article about how evil rich people buy stuff for their kids and noticing that the people who spout this **** don't detect even a smidgen of irony in wanting poor people to be just as evil as rich people when this paragraph really caught my eye:
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Students at the nation's top colleges don't just get world-class instruction. They gain access to a rarefied social network, swinging open doors that are closed to most. [/color]
In the same damn breath they damn that "rarefied social network" and openly covet it, and don't see the irony.

It smells of Old-World classism, where parents without privilege are unable to obtain it for their children and hate the upper classes for having it. The New World is not like that and hasn't been for a long, long time. True, the Founders were pretty much all landed gentry, but Abraham Lincoln famously was born in a log cabin to an illiterate farmer. Though there was plenty of aristocratic ancestry, it had been lost by the time of Thomas Lincoln's generation. Poverty and the lack of college education did not stop Abe from getting privilege and sending his only healthy son to Harvard.

I am reminded of why the Bible calls covetousness a sin. It's easy to get ambition and covetousness confused. I guess I grew up with some privilege in that I was never taught to hate the rich, but rather that I should try to be like them. The poverty pimps preach that the poor should kill the rich so that they can become rich.

It's all so much cognitive dissonance over the word "privilege." It shouldn't be a dirty word. Privilege is a good thing. Lefties are so confused because they desperately want something that their corrupt political philosophy says is a bad thing.
Walford is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 11:10 PM
  #2  
Priya
CF Senior Member
 
Priya's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan
Posts: 5,480
Thanked 256 Times in 225 Posts
Default

"The poverty pimps preach that the poor should kill the rich so that they can become rich."

See, this kind of constant gross mischaracterization of reality by conservatives like you is why I don't like conservatives. Not the slightest integrity in people like you, just make up outrageous bullshit and and claim its true because it makes liberals look worse than they are, and conservatives better than they are. Because the news focuses on the celebrities involved, dishonest conservatives pretend this is a story about liberal corruption when in fact most of the 50 people charged are rich, but unknown conservatives. The college admissions bribery is mostly a story about rich conservatives gaming the system, not about rich liberals gaming the system

The truth is decades of psychological research show liberals are fairminded and conservatives believe in enriching themselves and punishing the people they don't like. Most liberals are moral, most conservatives are immoral. That's a fact:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxx...1hVFFRUDg/view
Priya is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 12:23 AM
  #3  
65Z01
CF Senior Member
 
65Z01's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2000
Location: SE NY
Posts: 81,630
Thanks: 0
Thanked 60 Times in 57 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Default

Rich bitches "gaming" the system is not as idiotic as the "underclasses" gaming the system because de bees disadvantagedes.
65Z01 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 12:30 AM
  #4  
66jack
CF Senior Member
 
66jack's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 14,759
Thanked 267 Times in 241 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by priya View Post
"the poverty pimps preach that the poor should kill the rich so that they can become rich."

see, this kind of constant gross mischaracterization of reality by conservatives like you is why i don't like conservatives. Not the slightest integrity in people like you, just make up outrageous bullshit and and claim its true because it makes liberals look worse than they are, and conservatives better than they are. Because the news focuses on the celebrities involved, dishonest conservatives pretend this is a story about liberal corruption when in fact most of the 50 people charged are rich, but unknown conservatives. The college admissions bribery is mostly a story about rich conservatives gaming the system, not about rich liberals gaming the system

the truth is decades of psychological research show liberals are fairminded and conservatives believe in enriching themselves and punishing the people they don't like. Most liberals are moral, most conservatives are immoral. That's a fact:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0bxx...1hvffrudg/view

...go **** a moose...
66jack is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 12:45 AM
  #5  
syco_cop
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2010
Location: Olympia WA
Posts: 378
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I think all people are asking for is a level playing field. Seems reasonable.
syco_cop is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 01:17 AM
  #6  
JustinStrife
CF Senior Member
 
JustinStrife's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: Lake Havasu AZ
Posts: 26,942
Thanked 80 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Priya View Post
"The poverty pimps preach that the poor should kill the rich so that they can become rich."

See, this kind of constant gross mischaracterization of reality by conservatives like you is why I don't like conservatives. Not the slightest integrity in people like you, just make up outrageous bullshit and and claim its true because it makes liberals look worse than they are, and conservatives better than they are. Because the news focuses on the celebrities involved, dishonest conservatives pretend this is a story about liberal corruption when in fact most of the 50 people charged are rich, but unknown conservatives. The college admissions bribery is mostly a story about rich conservatives gaming the system, not about rich liberals gaming the system

The truth is decades of psychological research show liberals are fairminded and conservatives believe in enriching themselves and punishing the people they don't like. Most liberals are moral, most conservatives are immoral. That's a fact:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxx...1hVFFRUDg/view
You really are a special kind of stupid
JustinStrife is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:45 AM
  #7  
grandpawmoses
CF Senior Member
 
grandpawmoses's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2014
Location: Center of the Universe, Alabama
Posts: 7,220
Thanked 68 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Priya View Post
"The poverty pimps preach that the poor should kill the rich so that they can become rich."

See, this kind of constant gross mischaracterization of reality by conservatives like you is why I don't like conservatives. Not the slightest integrity in people like you, just make up outrageous bullshit and and claim its true because it makes liberals look worse than they are, and conservatives better than they are. Because the news focuses on the celebrities involved, dishonest conservatives pretend this is a story about liberal corruption when in fact most of the 50 people charged are rich, but unknown conservatives. The college admissions bribery is mostly a story about rich conservatives gaming the system, not about rich liberals gaming the system

The truth is decades of psychological research show liberals are fairminded and conservatives believe in enriching themselves and punishing the people they don't like. Most liberals are moral, most conservatives are immoral. That's a fact:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxx...1hVFFRUDg/view
I can shoot that statement down in three words, Clinton Crime Family.
Do you come here to troll or to get your spanking fix?

grandpawmoses is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 05:06 PM
  #8  
Walford
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Walford's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2002
Location: Half-drunk. Will travel.
Posts: 65,097
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Priya View Post
"The poverty pimps preach that the poor should kill the rich so that they can become rich."

See, this kind of constant gross mischaracterization of reality by conservatives like you is why I don't like conservatives. Not the slightest integrity in people like you, just make up outrageous bullshit and and claim its true because it makes liberals look worse than they are, and conservatives better than they are. Because the news focuses on the celebrities involved, dishonest conservatives pretend this is a story about liberal corruption when in fact most of the 50 people charged are rich, but unknown conservatives. The college admissions bribery is mostly a story about rich conservatives gaming the system, not about rich liberals gaming the system

The truth is decades of psychological research show liberals are fairminded and conservatives believe in enriching themselves and punishing the people they don't like. Most liberals are moral, most conservatives are immoral. That's a fact:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxx...1hVFFRUDg/view
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole
Walford is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 05:07 PM
  #9  
Walford
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Walford's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2002
Location: Half-drunk. Will travel.
Posts: 65,097
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

And I'm not a conservative.
Walford is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:14 PM
  #10  
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
30YR W8T's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge
Posts: 33,446
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Priya View Post
"The poverty pimps preach that the poor should kill the rich so that they can become rich."

See, this kind of constant gross mischaracterization of reality by conservatives like you is why I don't like conservatives. Not the slightest integrity in people like you, just make up outrageous bullshit and and claim its true because it makes liberals look worse than they are, and conservatives better than they are. Because the news focuses on the celebrities involved, dishonest conservatives pretend this is a story about liberal corruption when in fact most of the 50 people charged are rich, but unknown conservatives. The college admissions bribery is mostly a story about rich conservatives gaming the system, not about rich liberals gaming the system

The truth is decades of psychological research show liberals are fairminded and conservatives believe in enriching themselves and punishing the people they don't like. Most liberals are moral, most conservatives are immoral. That's a fact:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxx...1hVFFRUDg/view
Now tell me again who is peddling racism 24/7, white guilt, gender confusion and socialism? Tell me again who is pushing open borders, siding with illegals and criminals over their fellow countrymen? Is that your idea of fairmindedness? Talk about gross mischaracterization...

Can you say hypocrite with me?
30YR W8T is online now  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:36 PM
  #11  
stomer
CF Senior Member
 
stomer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 1999
Location: The city above the clouds Colorado
Posts: 1,476
Thanked 10 Times in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Priya View Post
"The poverty pimps preach that the poor should kill the rich so that they can become rich."

See, this kind of constant gross mischaracterization of reality by conservatives like you is why I don't like conservatives. Not the slightest integrity in people like you, just make up outrageous bullshit and and claim its true because it makes liberals look worse than they are, and conservatives better than they are. Because the news focuses on the celebrities involved, dishonest conservatives pretend this is a story about liberal corruption when in fact most of the 50 people charged are rich, but unknown conservatives. The college admissions bribery is mostly a story about rich conservatives gaming the system, not about rich liberals gaming the system

The truth is decades of psychological research show liberals are fairminded and conservatives believe in enriching themselves and punishing the people they don't like. Most liberals are moral, most conservatives are immoral. That's a fact:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxx...1hVFFRUDg/view
Gotta love full on bigoted hate speech, keeps me coming back learning that hate filled extremists actually exist on this planet, not just in the news. To actually believe this one sided hate speech and think it is real, wow, please do not have weapons or live around humans.
stomer is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:45 PM
  #12  
Cygnus
CF Senior Member
 
Cygnus's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2011
Location: San Francisco's North Bay California
Posts: 3,392
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by syco_cop View Post
I think all people are asking for is a level playing field. Seems reasonable.
Really? All I hear is different groups asking to be treated special.
Cygnus is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 11:21 PM
  #13  
NBM LS1 M6
CF Senior Member
 
NBM LS1 M6's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2002
Location: I helped our former POSOTUS return the wealth of America to its rightful owners one parcel of real e
Posts: 125,374
Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Default

Originally Posted by 65Z01 View Post
Rich bitches "gaming" the system is not as idiotic as the "underclasses" gaming the system because de bees disadvantagedes.
That notion may have merit.
NBM LS1 M6 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Privilege is evil and it must be abolished so I can get privilege!


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: