Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Moroni secures borders

Old 03-15-2019, 07:36 AM
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member

Default Moroni secures borders

“Thus Moroni did prepare strongholds against the coming of their enemies, round about every city in all the land”

Alma 50:6
  1. Earth/dirt was “heaped” up into a “ridge” or wall “round about” the city; sometimes a “breastwork of timbers” was used to reinforce the inside of the earthen wall; in at least one instance, stone was also used to build the wall (Alma 48:8; 49:4, 18; 50:1; 53:3).
  2. Naturally, the displacement of dirt created a “ditch … round about” the outside of the wall or bank (Alma 49:18).
  3. A timber palisade, picket, or parapet on top of the earthen wall (Alma 50:2–3).
  4. Towers above the timber picket, with bastions (“places of security”) atop the towers, from which defenders of the city could safely “cast stones … and slay him who should attempt to approach near the walls” (Alma 50:4–5).3
https://knowhy.bookofmormoncentral.o...fortifications
Old 03-15-2019, 07:43 AM
leadfoot4
CF Senior Member

Today's "libs" just don't understand history, especially the part where it tends to repeat itself. Last evening, I believe it was the 'History Channel', was airing a program about abandoned places/things. One of the places featured, was the wall down the rural part of Germany, separating the east and west, during the cold war. It was a formidable piece of real estate, and certainly did it's job, as it was both well fortified, as well as well patrolled/enforced. Just goes to show you what CAN be done, when your intentions are serious.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:45 AM
tikiman
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Idiot liberals will tell you that walls are immoral.

From the safety of their gated communities behind their locked doors.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:48 AM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

To Mormons, that passage is about using all available means and multiple layers of defense to secure themselves against evil. It's a parable about layers of defense against invaders.... and they apply it to defending against evil invading their body and soul.

Like a lot of stuff Mormons believe (Word of Wisdom is another).... once you get past some of the weirdness... many of their beliefs apply widely

Last edited by X-ZZ4; 03-15-2019 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:26 AM
Red 50th Anniversary
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Today's "libs" just don't understand history, especially the part where it tends to repeat itself. Last evening, I believe it was the 'History Channel', was airing a program about abandoned places/things. One of the places featured, was the wall down the rural part of Germany, separating the east and west, during the cold war. It was a formidable piece of real estate, and certainly did it's job, as it was both well fortified, as well as well patrolled/enforced. Just goes to show you what CAN be done, when your intentions are serious.
The difference is if someone attempted to climb the wall between east and west Germany, they got shot for their effort.
If they climb our wall and successfully put a foot on our soil, they are rewarded with a bus ticket to a destination of their choice and once there, they are showered with a free apartment with utilities, food stamps, health care, education for their children, a monthly welfare check and at the end of the year IRS will send them money based on how many kids they “claim” they have.

What a deal, I’m surprised all of South America isn’t here, but give it time and they will be.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:12 AM
KarlK
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Red 50th Anniversary View Post
The difference is if someone attempted to climb the wall between east and west Germany, they got shot for their effort.
If they climb our wall and successfully put a foot on our soil, they are rewarded with a bus ticket to a destination of their choice and once there, they are showered with a free apartment with utilities, food stamps, health care, education for their children, a monthly welfare check and at the end of the year IRS will send them money based on how many kids they “claim” they have.

What a deal, I’m surprised all of South America isn’t here, but give it time and they will be.

A fried of mine's wife makes $25 hour shuttling kids from Tucson, Yuma and San Diego to unite them with "family" in NY, Miami, etc. Government contractor (U.S. taxpayer) pays for the charter planes, hotels, meals, clothes, transportation......
Old 03-15-2019, 01:34 PM
leadfoot4
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by KarlK View Post

A fried of mine's wife makes $25 hour shuttling kids from Tucson, Yuma and San Diego to unite them with "family" in NY, Miami, etc. Government contractor (U.S. taxpayer) pays for the charter planes, hotels, meals, clothes, transportation......
Old 03-15-2019, 03:50 PM
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by X-ZZ4 View Post
To Mormons, that passage is about using all available means and multiple layers of defense to secure themselves against evil. It's a parable about layers of defense against invaders.... and they apply it to defending against evil invading their body and soul.

Like a lot of stuff Mormons believe (Word of Wisdom is another).... once you get past some of the weirdness... many of their beliefs apply widely
This was just another attempt to inject my religion into this argument in a bait thread like many have done here. A pretty feeble attempt at best.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:04 PM
gs568
CF Senior Member

A pretty feeble response at best. It's not all about you.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:37 PM
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member

For educational purposes:

source of image:
https://knowhy.bookofmormoncentral.o...fortifications
Old 03-15-2019, 10:55 PM
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast View Post
For educational purposes:
OK, let's discuss. Th Nephite wall was built in the last century before the birth of Christ some 500 years before the Great Wall was built. You'll notice from the excellent illustration that the Nephites built that wall with the technology of 100 BC. If we built one today it would be made with 21st century technology, not a brick and mortar wall.

Also, you're comparing a time when the Nephite men, women and children were being slaughtered by the people that persecuted them for their beliefs, the Laminates.You're comparing that to immigrants entering the US to improve their quality of life. Please don't start in by comparing the fact the illegals are killing Americans, Americans are also killing Americans. Also, don't start again with the fact that illegals are cheating the system and getting what the don't deserve, some Americans are doing that as well and what is the wall doing about that?. The only member with a right to make that claim is Doorgunner.

That's today's lesson in Mormonism, let me know if I can help further.

(in case you didn't pick up on my sarcasm, your point is moronic... see what I did there?)
Old 03-15-2019, 11:05 PM
gs568
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
OK, let's discuss. Th Nephite wall was built in the last century before the birth of Christ some 500 years before the Great Wall was built. You'll notice from the excellent illustration that the Nephites built that wall with the technology of 100 BC. If we built one today it would be made with 21st century technology, not a brick and mortar wall.

Also, you're comparing a time when the Nephite men, women and children were being slaughtered by the people that persecuted them for their beliefs, the Laminates.You're comparing that to immigrants entering the US to improve their quality of life. Please don't start in by comparing the fact the illegals are killing Americans, Americans are also killing Americans. Also, don't start again with the fact that illegals are cheating the system and getting what the don't deserve, some Americans are doing that as well and what is the wall doing about that?. The only member with a right to make that claim is Doorgunner.

(in case you didn't pick up on my sarcasm, your point is moronic... see what I did there?)
So in summary, you condone breaking the law by both citizens and illegals. Got it.

Last edited by gs568; 03-15-2019 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:25 PM
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by gs568 View Post
So in summary, you condone breaking the law by both citizens and illegals. Got it.
Where did I say I condoned it by illegals or the Americans doing the same thing? I’ve always said enforce the law, just don’t think a wall will work. Got it?

Last edited by Grumpy; 03-16-2019 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:36 PM
gs568
CF Senior Member

Where did I say I condoned it by illegals or the Americans doing the same thing? I’ve always said enforce the law, just don’t think a wall will work. Got it?
In your statement above you compare citizens and illegals and yet you don't admonish the actions of either group.

Even though you stand on your soapbox, your opinion that the wall will not work is in the minority here. It simply is a part of the overall solution.

Last edited by gs568; 03-15-2019 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:37 PM
pewter99
Admin
Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1596672501

some of ya'll need to read and heed because I/WE are getting tired of reading the reported posts about the same old ****

that being said if you are playing in the sandbox you can expect to get some sand in your crack.......deal with it
Old 03-15-2019, 11:47 PM
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member

In your statement above you compare citizens and illegals and yet you don't admonish the actions of either group.

Even though you stand on your soapbox, your opinion that the wall will not work is in the minority here. It simply is a part of the overall solution.
In the minority here, not in the real world. The wall/barrier/fence is losing steam.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:48 PM
gs568
CF Senior Member

Watch and see.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:49 PM
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member

Watch and see.
Will be......
Old 03-15-2019, 11:54 PM
gs568
CF Senior Member

The existing wall is being redone as we speak. Too bad for those that don't like it.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:57 AM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Hold the **** on.

I'll defend your religion (kind of), but I won't allow you to say the bullshit you just did (in bold).

First, why do you assume all immigrants are here to only improve their lives.....legally? I can show you ENTIRE sections of SoCal that are dominated by illegal alien gang members. Have YOU ever been to these areas? I have. They ain't ******* Temple Square in Salt Lake City....that's for damn sure. Has anyone from one of these areas directly impacted your life? They have mine. I moved 1000 miles away, in my own country, to get away from that ****.

Second.....screw you if you say Doorgunner is the only one with a right to speak up. You don't need a family member killed to have a voice in this. And I sure as **** didn't put my life on the line overseas to see us invaded here at home....and for ******** like you to tell me to shut up. What have you done? What gives you the right? Here's a clue.....you haven't done **** and you don't have one....and don't ever try pulling this **** again. Especially on me. Stay in your lane ****.

Last edited by X-ZZ4; 03-16-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Moroni secures borders

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: