Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

12 BILLION lawsuit filed against MAJOR NEWS OUTLETS/PERSONALITIES of same outlets....

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

12 BILLION lawsuit filed against MAJOR NEWS OUTLETS/PERSONALITIES of same outlets....

Old 03-15-2019, 01:38 PM
66jack
CF Senior Member

Default 12 BILLION lawsuit filed against MAJOR NEWS OUTLETS/PERSONALITIES of same outlets....

For calling him a "FELON"...

“Some of the defendants in this case are massive media companies… and a large punitive damage award is necessary to adequately punish and/or deter these Defendants from repeating this conduct,” the document states.

The lengthy list of outlets targeted by Blankenship is nonpartisan. CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, the Associated Press, the Boston Globe, the Chicago Tribune, the Los Angeles Times, and the Washington Post are all listed alongside Breitbart News, the Washington Times, and the Washington Examiner‘s parent company Clarity Media.

Fox News senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano, MSNBC host Chris Hayes, Fox News host Neil Cavuto, MSNBC host Joy Reid, and Washington Post White House reporter Josh Dawsey are among the media figures named in the lawsuit.

The case’s defendants are not limited to the mainstream media, as pundits from far-right news sites the Daily Caller and Breitbart News are also named. Additionally, GOP operatives, like former Bush adviser Bradley Blakeman and the NRSC’s executive director Kevin McLaughlin, were listed for their purported false “felon” accusations.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/fail...media-outlets/
Old 03-15-2019, 01:50 PM
tiojames
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

A good example of the deep state swamp rats colluding with the libbies. I hope he wins big.
I/we made a mistake doesn't cut it and an apology is way too little too late.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:04 PM
Torqaholic
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '09

I don't think anyone can get billions of dollars by playing semantics. The article says he served a year. As far as I am aware serving one full year behind bars qualifies people to be treated as felons for all legal purposes. For example, after 365 days a person would no longer be eligible to buy a firearm.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:39 PM
colo63sw
CF Senior Member

"While Blankenship, the former CEO of Massey Energy, spent a year in federal prison after a misdemeanor conviction for conspiring to violate safety regulations prior to a deadly mining disaster in 2010, he was acquitted of all felony charges.

Only safety regulations.

Good thing he didn't lie to an FBI agent. He could have been doing big time hard time for that kind of OMG violation.

a
Old 03-15-2019, 02:51 PM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: 1.Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me... 2.Build the WALL!
St. Jude Donor '09

they should look into his tax returns and Russian collusion
Old 03-15-2019, 02:56 PM
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Torqaholic View Post
I don't think anyone can get billions of dollars by playing semantics. The article says he served a year. As far as I am aware serving one full year behind bars qualifies people to be treated as felons for all legal purposes. For example, after 365 days a person would no longer be eligible to buy a firearm.
He was convicted of a misdemeanor not a felony. Technically he's correct but you have a point about the semantics of it all
Old 03-15-2019, 03:15 PM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

New cash cow for the trial lawyers. Probably settle out of court for a few mill to go away.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:21 PM
vettsplit 63
CF Senior Member

Location: Power tripping Sociopath- has a nice ring to it- I used to be a people person, but people ruined it Texas
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
He was convicted of a misdemeanor not a felony. Technically he's correct but you have a point about the semantics of it all
If a person is sentenced with deferred adjudication for a criminal charge,even a felony, once he completes the probation, he can legally answer either in a job interview or on a job application- NO on the question of have you ever been convicted of a felony.

Last edited by vettsplit 63; 03-15-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 12 BILLION lawsuit filed against MAJOR NEWS OUTLETS/PERSONALITIES of same outlets....

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: