Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

red states bad, blue states good

Old 04-16-2019, 02:02 PM
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Liked 860 Times in 593 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by jnb5101 View Post
For the only time in your pathetic life you're absolutely correct.

The top 10 % own a little less than I thought. It's only 77%. But these stats are from a few years ago, so I'm certain that their percentage is a bit higher now.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...on-for-the-us/

Notice the term "wealth", not income.

Horse's ***.

It takes a special kind of stupid to beleive the wealth of a country is solely in private hands
Old 04-16-2019, 03:29 PM
jnb5101
CF Senior Member

Liked 94 Times in 88 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
It takes a special kind of stupid to beleive the wealth of a country is solely in private hands
Would you care to give me your interpretation of "wealth"? Are you referring to areas held by governments or other assets not available to private entities?

In my mind, "wealth" is the ability to control assets that are available for purchase.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:35 PM
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk

Would you care to give me your interpretation of "wealth"? Are you referring to areas held by governments or other assets not available to private entities?

In my mind, "wealth" is the ability to control assets that are available for purchase.
maybe you should look up the definition before you present yourself as being knowledgeable

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wealth

Definition of wealth

1 obsolete : weal, welfare 2 : abundance of valuable material possessions or resources 3 : abundant supply : profusion 4a : all property that has a money value or an exchangeable value b : all material objects that have economic utility especially : the stock of useful goods having economic value in existence at any one time national wealth

Last edited by KenHorse; 04-16-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:56 PM
chiefttp
CF Senior Member

Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts

Jealousy, inability, and lack of success are the tenants of the Democrat platform. A party comprised primarily of lifes losers, misfits, and envious of others good fortune. Something to aspire to and be proud of. Id be so embarrassed to tell anybody I was a Democrat.

Last edited by chiefttp; 04-16-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:14 PM
TTRotary
CF Senior Member

Location: Gorgeous Left Coast Florida. Bye Bye & F-YU Mexifornia
Liked 92 Times in 38 Posts

Originally Posted by chiefttp View Post
Jealousy, inability, and lack of success are the tenants of the Democrat platform. A party comprised primarily of life’s losers, misfits, and envious of others good fortune. Something to aspire to and be proud of. I’d be so embarrassed to tell anybody I was a Democrat.
The problem with being stupid and uneducated is that the victim doesn't know what they don't know. Which includes just how stupid they really are and how little they know. AOC is a perfect example.

Then there is the extra special kind of stupid, like JNB. This is the kind of stupid in which something has already been explained multiple times, nay, proven... but the poster starts a brand new thread on the same and it's Ground Hog Day all over again.

Take the topic glommed on to by the OP. Now, we have discussed the balance of payments bunk something like a dozen times in this forum, each time with dozens of posts and pages of discussion explaining in detail, with numbers and facts to back it up, why it is a nonsense argument. To the rest of us, it's a well hackneyed discussion. But to the OP, it's all new... even though he himself participated in those threads previously.

Stupid. Uneducated. And now dementia. Sad.

Last edited by TTRotary; 04-16-2019 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:20 PM
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by chiefttp View Post
Jealousy, inability, and lack of success are the tenants of the Democrat platform. A party comprised primarily of lifes losers, misfits, and envious of others good fortune. Something to aspire to and be proud of. Id be so embarrassed to tell anybody I was a Democrat.
Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
The problem with being stupid and uneducated is that the victim doesn't know what they don't know. Which includes just how stupid they really are and how little they know. AOC is a perfect example.

Then there is the extra special kind of stupid, like JNB. This is the kind of stupid in which something has already been explained multiple times, nay, proven... but the poster starts a brand new thread on the same and it's Ground Hog Day all over again.

Take the topic glommed on to by the OP. Now, we have discussed the balance of payments bunk something like a dozen times in this forum, each time with dozens of posts and pages of discussion explaining in detail, with numbers and facts to back it up, why it is a nonsense argument. To the rest of us, it's a well hackneyed discussion. But to the OP, it's all new... even though he himself participated in those threads previously.

Stupid. Uneducated. And now dementia. Sad.
There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Unless one is being willfully ignorant. THEN they're stupid
Old 04-16-2019, 07:43 PM
jnb5101
CF Senior Member

maybe you should look up the definition before you present yourself as being knowledgeable

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wealth

Definition of wealth

1 obsolete : weal, welfare 2 : abundance of valuable material possessions or resources 3 : abundant supply : profusion 4a : all property that has a money value or an exchangeable value b : all material objects that have economic utility especially : the stock of useful goods having economic value in existence at any one time national wealth
If that is your "definition" of "wealth", explain your post concerning wealth in private hands.

Economists and statisticians that report on the economy in this country refer to assets held by NGO's as "wealth". In that light, your post makes no sense whatsoever.

77% of the country's wealth is concentrated into holdings controlled by 10% of the population.

The data clearly demonstrates the unequal balance that has accelerated since about 1980. After reaching a peak just as the Great Depression began, the wealth inequality declined until it reached a nadir in 1980 and then turned upward and has reached a new peak.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:06 PM
ZumZum
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Must really suck to go through life eaten up by other's success.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:08 AM
jnb5101
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZumZum View Post
Must really suck to go through life eaten up by other's success.
I take it that you're very familiar with that sensation.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:13 AM
jnb5101
CF Senior Member

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Unless one is being willfully ignorant. THEN they're stupid

Waiting for your explanation. Not a grade school dictionary definition, either.

Or a rebuttal on data that shows 77% of the country's wealth is controlled by 10% of the population.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:22 AM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Just when I figured a step ladder would work...this guy’s gonna need an extension ladder to get out of this hole he’s dug.

Last edited by LarsAtTheBeach; 04-17-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:32 AM
ZumZum
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I take it that you're very familiar with that sensation.
Yet I'm not the one having a breakdown over other people's wealth.

Wealth is created almost daily and is not a zero sum game. Person A having more wealth does not equate to person B having less.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:39 AM
Axelrod
CF Senior Member

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

It takes a special kind of stupid to beleive the wealth of a country is solely in private hands.
I BELIEVE the point has been made yet again and again and again.

Can't fix it. Probably could make it go away though.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:39 AM
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!

Waiting for your explanation. Not a grade school dictionary definition, either.

I gave you the Merriam-Webster definition. If that's not acceptable to you, that's your problem not mine

And as Zumzum points out, it's not a zero sum game. But hey, continue on your Road To Ignorance. It suits you

Old 04-17-2019, 12:46 PM
SPIVET
CF Senior Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by LarsAtTheBeach View Post
Just when I figured a step ladder would work...this guys gonna need an extension ladder to get out of this hole hes dug.
Or just fill the hole with cement.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:27 PM
694speed350
CF Senior Member

Liked 30 Times in 25 Posts

the same could be said about jnb
Some people consider ignorance a virtue.

JNB is one example
Old 04-17-2019, 02:42 PM
jnb5101
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZumZum View Post
Yet I'm not the one having a breakdown over other people's wealth.

Wealth is created almost daily and is not a zero sum game. Person A having more wealth does not equate to person B having less.
Not true at all.

The Orange One's tax bill (and I do mean "bill" for when it comes due) has taken over a trillion dollars of wealth from the middle class and stuffed it into the pockets of the uber-wealthy. Eventually, someone is going to be forced to pay off the national debit. And it's going to be the middle class. That's "zero sum".
Old 04-17-2019, 02:58 PM
CuZ06
CF Senior Member

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Listen
To how you hire illegals and are commiting a crime, yet you brag about being the main reason the piles of **** are here in the first place. Employers like YOU are the main problem.....cut off the flow of money to illegals and they will leave....
Old 04-17-2019, 03:09 PM
sstonebreaker
CF Senior Member

Liked 104 Times in 80 Posts

Not true at all.

The Orange One's tax bill (and I do mean "bill" for when it comes due) has taken over a trillion dollars of wealth from the middle class and stuffed it into the pockets of the uber-wealthy. Eventually, someone is going to be forced to pay off the national debit. And it's going to be the middle class. That's "zero sum".
You lefties like to say that people going to work aren't creating wealth, they're merely trading their time for money and it's somehow "zero sum". Bullshit. Wealth is created all the time. Some guy writes the first word processor software, and he makes a zillion dollars selling it because his product is useful and helps his customers do more work in less time - so his customers are winning as well because they're more productive. Both parties are better off, how could that be if the game was "zero sum"?
Old 04-17-2019, 04:06 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Liked 35 Times in 16 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: red states bad, blue states good

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: