Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Welcome to California

Old 04-15-2019, 04:52 PM
vette6799
CF Senior Member

Recieved 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by X-ZZ4 View Post
Right here. See my avatar.

You just can't be afraid of rain. But once you start heading deep into our rain forests....you will begin to appreciate and love the rain.
I very much enjoy the Pacific NW and have vacationed there many times, particularly the west side of Vancouver Island and northern Washington. Rain doesn't bother me. Having said that, the weather doesn't come close to what Santa Barbara and San Diego experience year round. It's simply unbeatable by any other climate in the US.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:56 PM
Vitoc
CF Senior Member

Recieved 17 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
You mean 8 lane highways are not free? You should really see California before you knock it. There is a reason 1/5 of the American economy comes from there.
Born and raised in SoCal. Spent the first 30 years of my life there. Am I qualified to have an opinion?

After seeing how much better a life you can get in other states, Cali can go **** itself. It's a libtarded overpopulated crime-infested shithole, and Clown World central.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:00 PM
claysmoker
CF Senior Member

Recieved 46 Likes on 42 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'11-'12-'13-'14

Glad I left 30 years ago before it got really bad.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:04 PM
VETTRLZ
CF Senior Member

Recieved 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
It is strange. In Texas the spread is often 35-40 cents.
Whut??

The spread on that sign is $5.00 - 4.60 = 40 cents.

So what are you talking about??
Old 04-15-2019, 06:07 PM
pologreen1
CF Senior Member

Recieved 208 Likes on 199 Posts

Gas was .70cents in the 90's in WI. .80+cents late 90's.

2000 went to 1.25+
2001 2.35+
2008 4.35 in some areas.

I look up historical graphs and only see it high 3's... News articles show 4.11+ LMAO I guess the news does tell the truth compared to online graphs at least.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:10 PM
VETTRLZ
CF Senior Member

Even Costco gas is at $4.10 for Premium now.

Just wait until the second half of the recent gas tax increase goes into effect this summer. I think it's going up another $0.15 per gal.

More money for the state to flush down the toilet. You can damn sure bet the roads won't get any better.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:37 PM
BradSW
CF Senior Member

Location: From San Diego to Bentonville, AR.....WTF was I thinking?!? Oh yeah, that free state thingy!
Recieved 60 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by Tri-Tip View Post
I only deal with local clients for the IT consulting services I provide. I get plenty of business within 30 minutes of my home and don't often need to venture out of that area.
You still don't realize that you're part of the problem of why such a beautiful state is so fucked up.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:51 PM
VETTRLZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by vette6799 View Post
I very much enjoy the Pacific NW and have vacationed there many times, particularly the west side of Vancouver Island and northern Washington. Rain doesn't bother me. Having said that, the weather doesn't come close to what Santa Barbara and San Diego experience year round. It's simply unbeatable by any other climate in the US.
Yes, it is awesome weather.

But having nice weather and sane, accountable governance should not have to be mutually exclusive. I hate it when people here brush off the taxation in this state as "sunshine tax". That's complete nonsense. We pay high taxes because our government is broken and corrupt, and because the lazy, apathetic voters with their heads in the clouds are so easily manipulated.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:15 PM
tiojames
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Recieved 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
You mean 8 lane highways are not free? You should really see California before you knock it. There is a reason 1/5 of the American economy comes from there.
I've seen Komi Kali (lived there for 50 years-1948 thru 1998) and the state deserves all the knocks it gets and then some.
I saw a once wonderful state turned into a liberal **** hole.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:26 PM
ClipperFan
CF Senior Member

Recieved 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Las Vegas is about $ 3.45 for premium. San Diego and Santa Barbara have the best weather. Get over it 😎
Old 04-16-2019, 01:16 AM
Grzldvt1
CF Senior Member

Recieved 275 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by ClipperFan View Post
Las Vegas is about $ 3.45 for premium. San Diego and Santa Barbara have the best weather. Get over it ��
Not just the best weather but the best scenery, so many places to go that the entire world wants to see. A very rich history with the Gold Rush.
Every April I run on the Ragged Edge of The Western World, Highway 1 from Big Sur to Carmel. Labelled as one of the most scenic, best marathons in the world.
Every June I go into Yosemite after spending the entire day running around Lake Tahoe and see one of the most spectacular waterfalls in the world.
My view is different, I could give crap about politics, both places I live in CA( South San Jose and Orange County) are pretty much crime free, ya we have petty crime, but I grew up in Detroit and no way has any city in CA, except Stockton comes even close to their crime, let alone Baltimore, Chicago, St Louis, and on. Some areas of San Jose have issues but it is pretty much centered in a few very small spots,
While there are dozens of articles about more leaving CA than coming in, the demand for housing in Silicon Valley is out of control. Very few are leaving, and those that put their homes up for sale sell in a few days or a week, with a bidding war above $1,000,000 and above and every month my house gains about $10K - $20K.
So go ahead and trash the state but more want in than out.
A lot of business owners bitch and moan about CA regs, I had a business in one of the states most regulated industries(Auto Detailing) and I made a huge success out of it, becoming one of Silicon Valleys most successful detailers and sold it for a very, very nice number. My glass is 2/3rds full, if not completely full.
Your life is what you make it, I love living in CA and have managed to become very successful, taking advantage of the state has to offer, instead of running from it, or simply bitching about it and putting myself in my own toxic environment.
I didn't get my panties in a bunch over regulations that didn't even come close to affecting me. I ran with it, took a positive view and made my life and my business a wonderful success, both financially and emotionally..
Baffles me why people that live here just bitch and moan and claim they are miserable.. GEEZ GTF out, why live so unhappy?

Last edited by Grzldvt1; 04-16-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:23 AM
Tri-Tip
CF Senior Member

Recieved 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1 View Post
Not just the best weather but the best scenery, so many places to go that the entire world wants to see. A very rich history with the Gold Rush.
Every April I run on the Ragged Edge of The Western World, Highway 1 from Big Sur to Carmel. Labelled as one of the most scenic, best marathons in the world.
Every June I go into Yosemite after spending the entire day running around Lake Tahoe and see one of the most spectacular waterfalls in the world.
My view is different, I could give crap about politics, both places I live in CA( South San Jose and Orange County) are pretty much crime free, ya we have petty crime, but I grew up in Detroit and no way has any city in CA, except Stockton comes even close to their crime, let alone Baltimore, Chicago, St Louis, and on. Some areas of San Jose have issues but it is pretty much centered in a few very small spots,
While there are dozens of articles about more leaving CA than coming in, the demand for housing in Silicon Valley is out of control. Very few are leaving, and those that put their homes up for sale sell in a few days or a week, with a bidding war above $1,000,000 and above and every month my house gains about $10K - $20K.
So go ahead and trash the state but more want in than out.
A lot of business owners bitch and moan about CA regs, I had a business in one of the states most regulated industries(Auto Detailing) and I made a huge success out of it, becoming one of Silicon Valleys most successful detailers and sold it for a very, very nice number. My glass is 2/3rds full, if not completely full.
Your life is what you make it, I love living in CA and have managed to become very successful, taking advantage of the state has to offer, instead of running from it, or simply bitching about and putting myself in my own toxic environment.
I didn't get my panties in a bunch over regulations that didn't even come close to affecting me. I ran with it, took a positive view and made my life and my business a wonderful success, both financially and emotionally..
Baffles me why people that live here just bitch and moan and claim they are miserable.. GEEZ GTF out, why live so unhappy?
It more those who don't live here that bitch and main...one word: Jealousy
Old 04-16-2019, 02:54 AM
Grzldvt1
CF Senior Member

It more those who don't live here that bitch and moan...one word: Jealousy
Oh yeah those that don't live here seem to know more about what happens in this state than those that do. Completely ridiculous. These clowns live on sensationalism news and love to trash CA, but I don't care what state you live in, there are going to be issues.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:28 AM
ClipperFan
CF Senior Member

Recieved 15 Likes on 15 Posts

This is why I continue to defend CA, and I'm mostly in Vegas these days.....Hey! Maybe it's when u have a decent job and your house is worth $200,000+ more than u paid for it and u covered by prop 13.. Those extra taxes may not seem so bad. That will give u a little more confidence and maybe traffic is a little more bearable...
What is a little annoying is it seems most of the big CA lottery winners are in northern CA It's not fair, they got Silicon Valley, they moving to southern CA cause it's cheaper. It's not fair! They tricked the lottery machine...(do I sound like a hater)
Old 04-16-2019, 06:07 AM
Grzldvt1
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ClipperFan View Post
This is why I continue to defend CA, and I'm mostly in Vegas these days.....Hey! Maybe it's when u have a decent job and your house is worth $200,000+ more than u paid for it and u covered by prop 13.. Those extra taxes may not seem so bad. That will give u a little more confidence and maybe traffic is a little more bearable...
What is a little annoying is it seems most of the big CA lottery winners are in northern CA It's not fair, they got Silicon Valley, they moving to southern CA cause it's cheaper. It's not fair! They tricked the lottery machine...(do I sound like a hater)
Oh yeah a definite hater.... very few of us actually defend our state, but I have lived other places and CA is simply the best place on the planet for me. I simply don';t get my panties in a wad abut politics and look at how I can take advantage of it. I voted, if it didn't go my way, no bitching, just how do I deal with it. Again I looked at what I need to do to be successful, not be a whiner about what is wrong.
In my corporate world, the whiners and complainers would have never been hired on my team. I needed people that are smart and can get around problems not complain or run from them.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:20 AM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Recieved 54 Likes on 40 Posts

2.79 here. I would never live in that **** hole state.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:56 AM
Vitoc
CF Senior Member

Recieved 17 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

This is what delusional looks like ^
Old 04-16-2019, 08:52 AM
H P Bushrod

Recieved 72 Likes on 56 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

You didn't put much thought into making that statement. I've been in California a couple of times, and trust me, there's NOTHING out there I'm jealous of. When I was in Port Hueneme (Ventura), I loved the great weather, you could walk to the beach from the base, and most people I met were friendly. I'm pro 2nd Amendment and like keeping the most money in my pocket that I can (low taxes and low costs of living), so California isn't for me as far as what I value in my life. To those that love it out there, enjoy.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:58 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: 1.Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me... 2.Build the WALL!
Recieved 114 Likes on 90 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

thats just racist. how can mesicans afford such prices?
Old 04-16-2019, 09:12 AM
vette6799
CF Senior Member

Recieved 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by VETTRLZ View Post
Yes, it is awesome weather.

But having nice weather and sane, accountable governance should not have to be mutually exclusive. I hate it when people here brush off the taxation in this state as "sunshine tax". That's complete nonsense. We pay high taxes because our government is broken and corrupt, and because the lazy, apathetic voters with their heads in the clouds are so easily manipulated.
Our property in SB is not my primary residence and I am out there for a few months a year. While there, the higher costs of certain items is not enough to make a difference.

As I said in my earlier post, the governance of Cali is deplorable. At some point there will be a day of reckoning.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to California

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: