Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Racist Trump to give Tiger the Presidental Medal of Freedom

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Racist Trump to give Tiger the Presidental Medal of Freedom

Old 04-15-2019, 11:30 PM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

Recieved 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 66jack View Post
Did tigger win because he played better, or did he win because the others played bad...

Tigger plays good, and usually partners up with Pooh . . .
Old 04-15-2019, 11:36 PM
c3dreamer03LostPW

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure he's an okay fella, butt if you think that a week's worth of digging by some staffers couldn't yield 1000 Americans more deserving of the medal than Tiger Woods. Maybe even a posthumous award for the school principal that was recently informed n the news after dying due to complications surrounding his donation of bone marrow to a random child that he didn't know. Or maybe call up a mayor you know and say, "hey, is there anyone who is non partisan in your community who has given their life to improving the lives of others that deserves recognition?"

We live in a stupid society.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:03 AM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

Recieved 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by vette6799 View Post
Trump owns golf courses. Tiger winning is good for golf. Promoting Tiger helps golf which is good for Trump.

Other than that, so the guy had a comeback and won a major. It was great to watch, but that's not a reason for a medal.
The Presidential Medal of Freedom is awarded by the President of the United States "for especially meritorious contribution to (1) the security or national interests of the United States, or (2) world peace, or (3) cultural or other significant public or private endeavors"; it is awarded to individuals selected by the President or recommended to him by the Distinguished Civilian Service Awards Board.[1]
Old 04-16-2019, 05:12 AM
tnvette2
CF Senior Member

Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ View Post
He won because it took him less strokes thru the 4 rounds.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:44 AM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Recieved 206 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Tri-Tip View Post
Because he put a little ball in a little hole? Or was it because Woods and trump have something in common...infidelity?
Maybe because he can become an inspiration for others that are downtrodden moron.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:45 AM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that

Trump owns golf courses. Tiger winning is good for golf. Promoting Tiger helps golf which is good for Trump.

Other than that, so the guy had a comeback and won a major. It was great to watch, but that's not a reason for a medal.
You're next intelligent post will be your first.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:46 AM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by c3dreamer03LostPW View Post
I'm sure he's an okay fella, butt if you think that a week's worth of digging by some staffers couldn't yield 1000 Americans more deserving of the medal than Tiger Woods. Maybe even a posthumous award for the school principal that was recently informed n the news after dying due to complications surrounding his donation of bone marrow to a random child that he didn't know. Or maybe call up a mayor you know and say, "hey, is there anyone who is non partisan in your community who has given their life to improving the lives of others that deserves recognition?"

We live in a stupid society.
And you appear to be contributing to that stupid society.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:50 AM
owebo
CF Senior Member

Recieved 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by GARYFINN View Post
You're next intelligent post will be your first.

youre the the eternal optimist....
Old 04-16-2019, 06:52 AM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by owebo View Post

youre the the eternal optimist....
Old 04-16-2019, 10:38 AM
blaforce
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Because he put a little ball in a little hole? Or was it because Woods and trump have something in common...infidelity?
Sad, sad life you must lead. You just had to kill the moment celebrating a man who worked hard to make a come back.

It must be perplexing for you trying to figure out how such a racist man like Trump can play golf with someone who isn't a **** like Trump.

Tiger fought back after making big mistakes in his life. I don't judge others because I have also made big mistakes in life. I can relate to men like Tiger and Mike Lindell (just can't stand Lindell's commercials).
Old 04-16-2019, 10:50 AM
blaforce
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I'm not sure why you would say that. It looks like Trump is along the lines of what this award is about when looking at past recipients.

Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and Charles Gifford received the award.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...dom_recipients
Old 04-16-2019, 10:55 AM
claysmoker
CF Senior Member

Recieved 46 Likes on 42 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'11-'12-'13-'14

I'll be the first to admit that I've made some big eff ups in my life, so I can't condemn anyone for theirs. The important thing is Tiger came back and went to the top again. Lots of people wouldn't have had the ***** to make turnaround and stayed in their hole forever. I'm glad he overcame.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:58 AM
Snoopysvet
CF Senior Member

Recieved 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Roothog69 View Post
Granted it's not as prestigious as the Nobel Peace Prize that was given to 0bama for accomplishing zero.
fixed it for you
Old 04-16-2019, 11:32 AM
TCracingCA
CF Senior Member

Recieved 298 Likes on 265 Posts

Giving the Medal of Freedom just sounds bad to me!!!!

But it then I guess being able to hit the links, is a prime example of freedom! Heck get away from the chores, and all responsibilities!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 04-16-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:22 PM
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member

Recieved 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18

Originally Posted by BadUmp View Post
The Presidential Medal of Freedom is awarded by the President of the United States "for especially meritorious contribution to (1) the security or national interests of the United States, or (2) world peace, or (3) cultural or other significant public or private endeavors"; it is awarded to individuals selected by the President or recommended to him by the Distinguished Civilian Service Awards Board.[1]
Yeah, see #3 here. He more or less revolutionized how the game of golf is seen in the US, and a large portion of the world as well. Yeah, OK, he cheated on his wife. Do you think he was properly punished for that? He was vilified in the press for YEARS, lost basically ALL of his sponsors except Nike, and obviously had some major mental problems dealing with all of that, along with some serious physical problems. He could have just said "**** it, I'm still worth half a billion dollars, I'll just hang out at the mansion and bang bimbos the rest of my life.", but he didn't. He worked his *** off, and never gave up. He has now gotten back to the top of the mountain, and it should be inspirational not only to golfers and athletes who aspire to greatness, but to anyone who has ever fallen and wondered if they would ever be able to get back up.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:12 PM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
CF Senior Member

Recieved 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Derrick Reynolds View Post
Yeah, see #3 here. He more or less revolutionized how the game of golf is seen in the US, and a large portion of the world as well. Yeah, OK, he cheated on his wife. Do you think he was properly punished for that? He was vilified in the press for YEARS, lost basically ALL of his sponsors except Nike, and obviously had some major mental problems dealing with all of that, along with some serious physical problems. He could have just said "**** it, I'm still worth half a billion dollars, I'll just hang out at the mansion and bang bimbos the rest of my life.", but he didn't. He worked his *** off, and never gave up. He has now gotten back to the top of the mountain, and it should be inspirational not only to golfers and athletes who aspire to greatness, but to anyone who has ever fallen and wondered if they would ever be able to get back up.

Funny how people are quick to throw rocks while living in glass houses 🏡 are unable to comprehend the achievements of Tiger overcoming the rocks thrown at him..... picking himself back up and climbing back up the mountain of rocks thrown at him when he was at the worst point in his life. TIGER is an inspiration to many of the young guys he played against in the 2019 Masters... and surely to our youngsters entering the game today.
I would rather my children be on a golf course learning the skills and honor system of golfing 🏌 than have them drunk or drugged up driving a car instead of a little white ball.
TIGER is the epitome of Great.... Just like Mohammad Ali..... they both contribute to the fabric of America and what we are as Americans. When we beat down we fight back to the top.... because that's who we are.
WINNERs not whining liberal idiots who quit after others throw rocks at them.
He will go to the WH because he is an American hero and a patriot who will never play the race card or the victim card. He a WINNER

TRUMP PENCE MAGA winning
2020 KEEP AMERICA GREAT.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:29 PM
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member

Recieved 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18

Originally Posted by 8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE View Post
He will go to the WH because he is an American hero and a patriot who will never play the race card or the victim card. He a WINNER

TRUMP PENCE MAGA winning
2020 KEEP AMERICA GREAT.

Not only did he not play the race card, or the victim card, he never bitched about how the media portrayed him. He let his professional performances do the talking for him. Yeah, maybe he wasn't the best husband around, but to a large degree, the stuff he did or didn't do in that regard is a whole lot of none of my business. Rock on Tiger!
Old 04-16-2019, 09:39 PM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

It's hard to get over the stupidity of this post.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:54 PM
GS Ragtop
CF Senior Member

Location: The best way to teach your kids about taxes is by eating thirty percent of their ice cream.
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'11

Originally Posted by LarsAtTheBeach View Post
The truth is. It’s not a sports story. It’s an American story. It’s a redemption story. It’s a story of forgiveness and 2nd chances. A story of humility and Gods grace.
This.

Here’s a great description of the story:

Originally Posted by Chris Field
He had it all. Everything. Until he didn’t. And the fall was not a small one. It was documented everywhere. All his sins, and there were plenty, for the world to see. Whispers, finger pointing, head shaking, headlines.

Slowly, with almost nobody watching and even less believing, he started coming back. An injury almost ended the comeback before it even started. He persevered through that as well.

Today, with the world watching, he does it. A generation who years ago sat with their dads watching Tiger win sat with their own kids now and said, “watch this.” A generation inspired to become and excel at golf by watching Tiger on TV as kids watched one more time today as he passed them on the leaderboard.

His children who watched it all unfold over the last decade with their own parts in the story are waiting for him just off the 18th green. The mom who watched her son have it all, and then lose it all, is waiting too. She never left, by the way. Mommas almost never do.

The story isn’t perfect. They never are. We never are. But it’s a heck of a good one. Watch closely kids. Being great is one thing. Being great after falling out of grace takes twice as much work and ten times as much courage. That’s the good stuff in life. That’s why a bunch of old folks got tears in their eyes today.

Last edited by GS Ragtop; 04-16-2019 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:15 PM
99 Driver
CF Senior Member

Recieved 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09,'11

Way to go The Great Humanitarian Pesident Trump, for recognizing Tiger for all his good deads like TGR Foundation, A Tiger Woods Charity https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGR_Foundation.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Racist Trump to give Tiger the Presidental Medal of Freedom

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: