Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed

Old 05-15-2019, 10:17 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by Brunello View Post
Being a 2nd Amendment zealot doesn’t bother me as much as the self-ascribed “patriot” garbage that too many claim. Being a defender of your own “rights” does not make one a patriot any more that waving a flag does. The Founders were guided by higher princples beyond simply what was good and right for them. When they signed the Declaration, it wasn’t some BS social media post. They knew that if captured they faced being hanged for treason. My issue with 2nd Amendment folks is that that they stand only for themselves and ignore violations of more fundamental rights by the government toward people they don’t care about. Any time an unarmed person is shot by the police or by a civilian, there is no consideration or even a mention of the denial of due process. We hear “well, they must have been doing something” or “they were suspicious.” The Founders understood that without due process, there is no real liberty. Much like the opioid crisis, until it hits home (yes, I mean suburban and rural white folks), no one really cares what the government does to violate or disregard the rights of the other. Consistent application is the proof of deeply held principles. Everything else is worthy of little esteem.
I’m a constitutional zealot....just,for,the record...

Your writing style is fascinating though....humor me here....did you or are you going for an on line degree?
Old 05-15-2019, 10:24 PM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by owebo View Post
I’m a constitutional zealot....just,for,the record...

Your writing style is fascinating though....humor me here....did you or are you going for an on line degree?
I'm guessing he just doesn't care whether or not he tops that record '10 - posts' a day.

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 05-15-2019 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:25 PM
Brunello
CF Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

And you demonstrate the difference between you and me. You don’t know me or what I’m about. Your shorthand name-calling suggests that your thinking has been done for you. Libtard, gun-grabber and the like are cult talk and suggest that your confidence in your arguements is rather weak as is your resistance to mental conditioning. Work on your words. Maybe you could read a book. Washington, A Life by Ron Chernow is a good one.

Originally Posted by owebo View Post
True...you liberal fucktards cut and pasted abortion, gay marriage, muskets, the Fed, etc into it with reckless abandon...
Old 05-15-2019, 10:28 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

And you demonstrate the difference between you and me. You don’t know me or what I’m about. Your shorthand name-calling suggests that your thinking has been done for you. Libtard, gun-grabber and the like are cult talk and suggest that your confidence in your arguements is rather weak as is your resistance to mental conditioning. Work on your words. Maybe you could read a book. Washington, A Life by Ron Chernow is a good one.
I’m working on what you are about...

i have ave a good idea in just a few of your posts....
Old 05-15-2019, 10:29 PM
Brunello
CF Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Do you seriously think I give a **** about how I appear in this shitshow. I’m just hereto have fun and mingle with America’s C students

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo View Post
I'm guessing he just doesn't care whether or not he tops that record '10 - posts' a day.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:30 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Do you seriously think I give a **** about how I appear in this shitshow. I’m just hereto have fun and mingle with America’s C students
We do appreciate you D students providing entertainment...
Old 05-15-2019, 10:39 PM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

Default How bout!? ;)

Do you seriously think I give a **** about how I appear in this shitshow. I’m just hereto have fun and mingle with America! Your Psychology!?

Besides we all like to make a point!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 05-15-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:59 PM
brassplyer
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms"

Except this guy - jeezus people, admit when you're too effing doddering to drive or to carry a gun. For the rest of this kid's life no matter what complaint he has with his mother she can say "yeah, well at least I didn't SHOOT YOU!!".

https://fox8.com/2019/05/15/8-year-o...baseball-game/
Old 05-16-2019, 12:07 AM
H P Bushrod

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Ragtop_Rob View Post
The good FAR outweighs the bad.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulhsi.../#6bfe92f55edc

Any Study Of 'Gun Violence' Should Include How Guns Save Lives

Informative article. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:06 AM
VetteGirlMA
CF Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Being a 2nd Amendment zealot doesn’t bother me as much as the self-ascribed “patriot” garbage that too many claim. Being a defender of your own “rights” does not make one a patriot any more that waving a flag does. The Founders were guided by higher princples beyond simply what was good and right for them. When they signed the Declaration, it wasn’t some BS social media post. They knew that if captured they faced being hanged for treason. My issue with 2nd Amendment folks is that that they stand only for themselves and ignore violations of more fundamental rights by the government toward people they don’t care about. Any time an unarmed person is shot by the police or by a civilian, there is no consideration or even a mention of the denial of due process. We hear “well, they must have been doing something” or “they were suspicious.” The Founders understood that without due process, there is no real liberty. Much like the opioid crisis, until it hits home (yes, I mean suburban and rural white folks), no one really cares what the government does to violate or disregard the rights of the other. Consistent application is the proof of deeply held principles. Everything else is worthy of little esteem.
I like "all" of my rights and would like to keep them all intact. If I want to keep a gun in the nightstand frankly it's none of the government's business and I shouldn't have to ask permission either. That being said I would be more than welcome to re-examine the concept of qualified immunity as exercised by our government and police. We've had a few cases right here in MA (deep blue liberal land) where swat teams descended on the wrong house at 4AM and dragged people kicking and screaming into the street wondering what the hell they are being rousted out of bed for.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:16 AM
VetteGirlMA
CF Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-it Man View Post
That didn't happen, of course. But it needs to happen now. Even here in Massachusetts, 14 year old gang bangers have guns and are having shoot-outs in the street.

Guns are not being used to defend freedom, but to take lives and terrorize the general population.

Those gang bangers in Massachusetts are getting let out of jail for $50 in bail money and receive probation as their ultimate sentence from those same 'tough' Massachusetts gun laws. In fact many of these gang bangers have committed multiple violent crimes involving guns while out on bail. It happens every day. But you know don't lock up the violent criminals like the criminal justice system is supposed to be doing make everyone else a victim. What a putz.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:31 AM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 235 Likes on 137 Posts

See if you can focus maybe you can learn something.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:33 AM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that

If you dont understand the simple words of the 2A I hate see what other amendments you cant comprehend.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:55 AM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

Default But it's obvious!

Originally Posted by GARYFINN View Post
See if you can focus maybe you can learn something.
Like I've said, they now need to take our guns too so the minority Jews can fully orchestrate their take over by immigration! Learn my hard lessons brother!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 05-16-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:06 AM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

You're a strange libtard.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:08 AM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by GARYFINN View Post
You're a strange libtard.
🐮moo
Old 05-16-2019, 09:10 AM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

Default My point! ;)

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 05-16-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:43 AM
brassplyer
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You say "2nd Amendment folks" like you intend it to be an insult and make a lot of baseless, broad assertions. By "zealot" you apparently mean someone who insists that the Constitution be followed. Anyone who's made even a modest effort to examine the 2A knows gov't tyranny is part of the concerns of the Founders and Framers. I take it you haven't made any such effort.

I'm a "2A person" and I've specifically mentioned elsewhere in here how the cops too often end up handing out de facto death sentences in cases where the person they kill wasn't threatening them - Eric Garner and Walter Scott being two good examples.

However, "unarmed" doesn't mean that someone isn't lethally dangerous or that there's no justification for shooting them. Both Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown were examples where there was obvious justification to shoot them.

until it hits home (yes, I mean suburban and rural white folks), no one really cares what the government does to violate or disregard the rights of the other.
You sound like a card-carrying social justice warrior. Let's see how much you really care about the welfare of US citizens. How do you feel about the circumstances that allowed for all these people to become victims? By circumstances I mean lax immigration enforcement and a porous border.

Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial

Last edited by brassplyer; 05-16-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:48 AM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Ouch !!!!
Old 05-16-2019, 11:29 AM
lite blue
CF Senior Member

Location: I'm going to need a bucket of ice and a roll of gaffer tape
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
That's completely coherent english.
What changed?
Or is all the other badly translated nonsense just bullshit?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: