Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Are you a Christian Atheist?

Old 05-11-2019, 07:33 PM
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Are you a Christian Atheist?

Are you a Christian Atheist who rejects Godís existence, God as Creator of Everything, and/or do you reject the suoernatural aspects of God and/or Jesus?
Old 05-11-2019, 07:37 PM
Themack
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Raised a christian, went to sunday school from 4-9, never baptized, quit going with dad to big church right before parents divorced at 12

At age 16 questioned reality; now believe we are on an evolutionary scale that goes hand in hand based on reincarnation, no such thing as god, but creation itself is "god"
Old 05-11-2019, 08:40 PM
brassplyer
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm a full-blooded Catholic - my mother was a nun, my father was a priest.

Atheist. No idea what you mean by a "Christian atheist". I regard Judeo/Christian or any other notions of religion as nonsense. It requires a consciousness to perceive the universe but I don't believe there's a consciousness directing the universe.

Referring to reality/nature as "God" is pointless. Referring to it as nature and reality works fine.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:43 PM
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post

Atheist. No idea what you mean by a "Christian atheist". I regard Judeo/Christian or any other notions of religion as nonsense. It requires a consciousness to perceive the universe but I don't believe there's a consciousness directing the universe.

Referring to reality/nature as "God" is pointless. Referring to it as nature and reality works fine.
Itís a real thing. A Christian Atheist enjoys the cultural aspects of Jesusí teachings but rejects the suoermatural aspects of Jesus as well as Ressurection. They absolutely reject the existence of God as well as God being the Source of Creation.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:50 PM
brassplyer
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast View Post
Atheist. No idea what you mean by a "Christian atheist".
Itís a real thing. A Christian Atheist enjoys the cultural aspects of Jesusí teachings but rejects the suoermatural aspects of Jesus as well as Ressurection. They absolutely reject the existence of God as well as God being the Source of Creation.
Ah, like Thomas Jefferson.

Anyway, I'm not one of those.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:58 PM
slewfoot1956
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Great, more Saturday night horseshit.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:00 PM
doorgunner
Doorgunner's '68 Project
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 818 Likes on 740 Posts

Now...if that jus' don't take the cake....then nothing does. Jesus loves....a sense of humor.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:01 PM
Themack
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast View Post
Heres what i know:

Jmmanuel (who we know as jesus around 0-100ad), Jehovah (around 400ad) and Mohammed (around 500ad) were real people, real prophets; that had misconstrued versions of their lifes/ and spiritual teachings put forth over the years that formed into sects as religions that we know them as, and "god" sounded real good to the writers to keep the followers at bay to get their money and worshiping greed.

We evolved on earth in part of animals (see RH positive blood and migration out of africa) as well as descendants of extraterrestrials (used earth as a prison planet, then everyone started to breed each other). They came here around 13,000-14000 years ago for the asians and nordic whites with negative blood RH blood type. This denotes extraterrestrial origin but our science isn't up to par yet. What it is now that we have evolved is full physical form. Through many reincarnations (which is based on the theory of relativity, time distance in cue), we still need to evolve ESP (telepathy and clairvoyance etc) that the advanced Extraterrestrials have. This is how they can travel the universe, as ESP is required to control aircraft faster than the speed of light and they have conscious assisted technology.

I will disclose the source of my information in private by pm upon request for the sake of credibility.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:05 PM
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member

Ah, like Thomas Jefferson.

Anyway, I'm not one of those.
Maybe

At the founding, GW Snyder corresponded with George Washington about the French Jacobin (who beheaded the french monarchy) attempting to pose as free masons and infiltrate the lodges in order to fundamentally transform and corrupt them from within in order to bring down the newly forming USA, a thorn in the side of their quest for a world order in their image.

I highly reccommend reading these letters. They give you insight into the Democrats and GOPe uniparty today.

https://founders.archives.gov/docume.../06-02-02-0435
Old 05-11-2019, 09:29 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by doorgunner View Post
Now...if that jus' don't take the cake....then nothing does. Jesus loves....a sense of humor.
It does seem odd.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:35 PM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge

There are another groups out there as well that the church at one timed considered heretics, they followed scriptures like the gospel of Thomas and others. The Catholic church had a problem with the practice of following these gospels they didn't approve of, because of the teachings in them that we should seek our own understanding. Never made much sense other than as a control measure, for the simple fact other scriptures in the Bible espouse that same ideology of, we should seek our own understanding.

Obviously there is simple wisdom in that thought because of the many snares and pitfalls that can be avoided, when we don't just rely on others to think and understand for us. People can try and lie to themselves, but it is an exercise in futility because they always know they are lying, so in a sense when you seek your own knowledge and understanding, you must be honest with yourself in that endeavor.

One thing you soon come to understand is you cannot make yourself be something you were never intended to be. You are going to act and behave as a human because you were born as a human with all the traits of humanity both good and bad. With that simple understanding in mind, now you can seek enlightenment and to understand more, without the disingenuous fetters some try and place on their parishioners. You are human and you are going to think and behave as a human, the challenge is to put that humanity to good use and sometimes that does not align with the teachings of the church. If you only follow a specific path day in and day out, you are missing an entire universe of discovery.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:15 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Themack View Post
Raised a christian, went to sunday school from 4-9, never baptized, quit going with dad to big church right before parents divorced at 12

At age 16 questioned reality; now believe we are on an evolutionary scale that goes hand in hand based on reincarnation, no such thing as god, but creation itself is "god"
Sounds very similar to my beliefs.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:17 PM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge

Heres what i know:

Jmmanuel (who we know as jesus around 0-100ad), Jehovah (around 400ad) and Mohammed (around 500ad) were real people, real prophets; that had misconstrued versions of their lifes/ and spiritual teachings put forth over the years that formed into sects as religions that we know them as, and "god" sounded real good to the writers to keep the followers at bay to get their money and worshiping greed.

We evolved on earth in part of animals (see RH positive blood and migration out of africa) as well as descendants of extraterrestrials (used earth as a prison planet, then everyone started to breed each other). They came here around 13,000-14000 years ago for the asians and nordic whites with negative blood RH blood type. This denotes extraterrestrial origin but our science isn't up to par yet. What it is now that we have evolved is full physical form. Through many reincarnations (which is based on the theory of relativity, time distance in cue), we still need to evolve ESP (telepathy and clairvoyance etc) that the advanced Extraterrestrials have. This is how they can travel the universe, as ESP is required to control aircraft faster than the speed of light and they have conscious assisted technology.

I will disclose the source of my information in private by pm upon request for the sake of credibility.
If we are going to play on the fringe here, let me throw one out there. Ever considered the possibility of harnessing the power of the mind to the point we can project an aspect of ourselves, over vast distances and observe what we otherwise simple could not? All the restrictions and hurdles associated with physical travel would be eliminated, faster than light travel would be irrelevant, because we would have surpassed that limit several times over via transportation at the speed of thought with the only limitation being the capacity of our mind.

Astral projection, spirit walking and other concepts have existed for centuries going back thousand of years and you have to wonder, were there individuals who were capable of actually doing this? OBE is something that has been the topic of study and research trying to understand what causes these events to happen or as some would argue, perceived to happen. Problem for those who think it is not possible, is case after case of people describing things they could not have know or seen from the position they were in. Second is advancements in medical research have documented brain activities that are specifically linked with these events, indicating there is indeed something going on.

Interesting stuff to ponder and people should never forget that what was once thought of as crazy talk and SI-Fi imagination, is now a reality. We can face time with a friend on the other side of the planet with a little hand held device now. 60 years ago you would have been called a kook for suggesting that was going to be possible in the near future.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:19 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Heres what i know:

I will absolutely disagree with you about muhummed. He sure as **** was no "real prophet". He was an opportunist that used the lure of religious zeal to control the disparate nomadic tribes of the Arabian peninsula. He was nothing more than Jim Jones on steroids.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:26 PM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by VegasJen View Post
I will absolutely disagree with you about muhummed. He sure as **** was no "real prophet". He was an opportunist that used the lure of religious zeal to control the disparate nomadic tribes of the Arabian peninsula. He was nothing more than Jim Jones on steroids.

Nailed it.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:29 PM
Themack
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 30YR W8T View Post
If we are going to play on the fringe here, let me throw one out there. Ever considered the possibility of harnessing the power of the mind to the point we can project an aspect of ourselves, over vast distances and observe what we otherwise simple could not? All the restrictions and hurdles associated with physical travel would be eliminated, faster than light travel would be irrelevant, because we would have surpassed that limit several times over via transportation at the speed of thought with the only limitation being the capacity of our mind.

Astral projection, spirit walking and other concepts have existed for centuries going back thousand of years and you have to wonder, were there individuals who were capable of actually doing this? OBE is something that has been the topic of study and research trying to understand what causes these events to happen or as some would argue, perceived to happen. Problem for those who think it is not possible, is case after case of people describing things they could not have know or seen from the position they were in. Second is advancements in medical research have documented brain activities that are specifically linked with these events, indicating there is indeed something going on.

Interesting stuff to ponder and people should never forget that what was once thought of as crazy talk and SI-Fi imagination, is now a reality. We can face time with a friend on the other side of the planet with a little hand held device now. 60 years ago you would have been called a kook for suggesting that was going to be possible in the near future.
Yes, unfortunately in medicine especially in the field of psychology they dismiss anything that has any form of conjecture or prophetic sense as pseudoscience, and a chance in the laboratory as wasted time and research funds, this is the problem. We now have more stuff coming out of hollywood syfy than our own military has. You know that whole abortion thing?.. Well, once the science can prove that the spirit is reincarnated into the baby around the 3 week mark in the womb, and a abortion is committed then it is considered murder.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:32 PM
Themack
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by VegasJen View Post
Let me rephrase that; real prophet, that misguided or misused their power to turn into sects
Old 05-11-2019, 10:35 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own either a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 193 Likes on 165 Posts

Just vaguely along those lines, what's your explanation for how the laws of physics turned out so remarkably perfect to allow stars and elements to form and eventually allow our planet and solar system to form and consistently operate well enough to allow human existence for tens of thousands of years?
Old 05-11-2019, 10:38 PM
dee zed
CF Senior Member

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by slewfoot1956 View Post
Great, more Saturday night horseshit.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:47 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Let me rephrase that; real prophet, that misguided or misused their power to turn into sects
I still disagree. He was no prophet. I don't even think he believed in anything he preached. He created this cult as a way to control and manipulate people to do his bidding. Too bad the cult didn't die out with him. Makes Adolf Hitler look like a ******* boy scout.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are you a Christian Atheist?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: