Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

CO2 in the atmosphere just exceeded 415 parts per million for the first time in human

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

CO2 in the atmosphere just exceeded 415 parts per million for the first time in human

Old 05-15-2019, 09:07 AM
BobG
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
Whether you believe mankind caused it is irrelevant to what do we do about stopping/slowing it.

Oh silly liberal, why do you think "we" either "need", "should", or "can" do anything to slow/stop it? The climate has been in a constant state of change from the time the earth was created. And that trend will continue long after the human race has exterminated itself. Humans are simply a gnat on the behind of Mother Nature, and all of the self-important, greedy, corrupt liberal minds put together will never be able to change that. Quite a bitter pill for a liberal to swallow, but you just can't change that fact.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:19 AM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 125 Posts
Default That 420 initiative in the the room again! ;)

you will make it but it won't work

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 05-15-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:45 AM
63 340HP
CF Senior Member

Received 490 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo View Post
400 - 420 being dead nuts!!!! You dumb WADS don't even know what your brain washed delirium manifested from.
and... if we have 420 ppm and it has negligible effect on climate change compared to other factors, then the unproven theory and fear of CO2 increases as a significant climate driver remains unfounded.

The IPCC embraced GCM's have failed to predict the future climate and demanded revisions in every report release. The revisions have all been to reduce the theorized influence of CO2 as a climate driving factor.

Is correlation causation?

Old 05-15-2019, 11:50 AM
YogsVR4
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '12
'12 GOP Primary Winner - St. Jude Donation

Excellent news! Keep that warming trend coming. The chicken littles will predict doom and gloom no matter what the numbers are.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:23 PM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

Exxon!?

The worst case absolutely predictable outcome has us underwater. Fact!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 05-15-2019 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:42 PM
TurboTnZ06
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

It'd be terrible if the tectonic plates moved about and spewed hot lava around from time to time making mountains. Can we stop that with some taxes? Good thing no glaciers moved around and melted and created some big lakes in the mid west, whew.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:35 PM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

Default Tell that to them as it all increases! ;)

https://weather.com/news/weather/new...eat-flood-1927
Originally Posted by TurboTnZ06 View Post
It'd be terrible if the tectonic plates moved about and spewed hot lava around from time to time making mountains. Can we stop that with some taxes? Good thing no glaciers moved around and melted and created some big lakes in the mid west, whew.

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 05-15-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:38 PM
GTRSOLO
CF Senior Member

Received 83 Likes on 53 Posts

Sell your **** / live in a hut.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:51 PM
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Received 1,003 Likes on 666 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by 63 340HP View Post
Is correlation causation?
The **** For Brains - who keep harping on and on and on and on about MMGW being "settled science" and how we should accept that, don't know the FIRST Rule of Science that Correlation does not equal Causation.

******' ignorant dumbasses
Old 05-15-2019, 05:49 PM
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18

Originally Posted by Derrick Reynolds View Post
Can we bring some facts into it?

Exact numbers vary, but they all seem to come around to a CO2 concentration before the Industrial Revolution of about 275 ppm of CO2, so can we accept that for the purposes of this discussion? If so, and we take 415 ppm as today's concentration, that is an increase of 140 ppm, or about 50%. Good so far?

What this means is that before the Industrial Revolution, the atmosphere was about 0.0275% CO2, and it is now .0415% CO2. So, in the last 175 years or so, we have increased the concentration of CO2 in our atmosphere by about 1 and a half HUNDRETHS OF A PERCENT. We have increased it a little more than one part per TEN THOUSAND. Does this really seem like it could cause the destruction of the planet?

Just for fun, let's say for a minute that it is significant, and we should be alarmed. Does this mean we should "get right on" the CO2 problem? Yes?

Wait a minute, what about Methane? Depending on the basis, Methane is considered to be somewhere between 30 and 80 times MORE POWERFUL of a greenhouse gas than CO2. Good thing atmospheric Methane hasn't increased since the Industrial Revolution then, right? Wrong. Atmospheric Methane had a concentration of about 700 parts per billion before the Industrial Revolution to about 1900 ppb today, an increase of more than 250%!

So, let's say for a minute that I believe all this "science" on global warming. Why are we running around talking about completely destroying the US economy reducing CO2 emissions, (when most of the rest of the planet doesn't give a **** by the way) when the real problem indicated by "science" is Methane?
I'm laughing at how the "climate change" proponents have not responded at all to this or the Tim Ball analysis regarding the Milankovitch Effects. They just have no idea how to respond to facts and scientific observations.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:13 PM
Coc5
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

DUH! Plants LOVE co2 and Gatorade!

The nice thing is trees will grow quicker, there will be more of them and we can cut them down in an even larger swath! I like lettuce and broccoli, more of them to eat! I enjoy the silent SCREAMERS covered in Blue cheese dressing! Then there will be more grass for more cows and more cow farts!

Last edited by Coc5; 05-15-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:31 PM
Turbodude
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Coc5 View Post
DUH! Plants LOVE co2 and Gatorade!

The nice thing is trees will grow quicker, there will be more of them and we can cut them down in an even larger swath! I like lettuce and broccoli, more of them to eat! I enjoy the silent SCREAMERS covered in Blue cheese dressing! Then there will be more grass for more cows and more cow farts!

Old 05-15-2019, 07:04 PM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

Default An objective Fact Wins! ;)

I'm laughing at how the "climate change" proponents have not responded at all to this or the Tim Ball analysis regarding the Milankovitch Effects. They just have no idea how to respond to facts and scientific observations.
Don't give a **** junior!
https://weather.com/news/weather/new...eat-flood-1927

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 05-15-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:10 PM
RandomTask
CF Senior Member

Received 136 Likes on 96 Posts

I know exactly how to respond; you're retarded.

Your own copy and pasted crap states that ME cycles occur over 100k years. The warming that we've been observing has been happening orders of magnitude faster than milankovitch cycles can explain.

Old 05-15-2019, 08:16 PM
VatorMan
CF Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11, '15

Once again, if you believe the issue is MAN MADE, you can do something about it yourself. Take one for the team.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:34 PM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

Default Here lies the delimma oddly enough. ;)

Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
Once again, if you believe the issue is MAN MADE, you can do something about it yourself. Take one for the team.
If we still had relatively substantial wars the problem would indeed be greatly diminishable, as required.
Profound and yes that would take a real dent out of it!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 05-15-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:33 AM
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18

Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
I know exactly how to respond; you're retarded.

Your own copy and pasted crap states that ME cycles occur over 100k years. The warming that we've been observing has been happening orders of magnitude faster than milankovitch cycles can explain.
Ummmm, I didn't post them, just referenced them. But thanks for presenting your lack of observational skills. The warming "climate change" folks claim has happened (although the data has gigantic problems) is not inconsistent with the beginning of a warming trend in the ME cycle.

Although the changes in the Earth's orbit are real, and anyone who is half decent at math can re-create the calculation in Newtonian physics pretty easily, even though I would need a little help from some excellent websites that are out there on Al Gore's internet, personally I'm not 100% on board with that being the sole driver of climate variations. To me, it's just another data point that shows that the problem is actually quite complex, and that those who have "knee jerked" to Carbon being the cause flippantly ignore the fact that there are many causes and forces at work.

You still didn't respond to what I posted about methane.

And your ad hominem response is noted. No man is more thoroughly beaten in a debate than the man who accuses his opponent of being retarded.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:12 PM
KEZ06
CF Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I have the answer!! No question climate change, MMGW or whatever exists. The solution? Send me all of your money and I will see to it to curtail it by 2090. I promise...
Old 05-16-2019, 09:18 PM
Platoface
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

OMFG!
Wow, a lot more oxygen in the atmosphere awesome. Carbon dioxide is 1 part carbon and 2 parts oxygen. Now just think about that for a while.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:23 PM
gowenfast
CF Senior Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by owebo View Post
So you have no point.....
You can't be shocked...JG2 is a joke

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CO2 in the atmosphere just exceeded 415 parts per million for the first time in human

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: