Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Not Good News Worldwide Trade In Dumpster

 
Old 05-15-2019, 12:04 PM
  #1  
larry00
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
larry00's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Location: Viva Terlingua Republic Of Texas
Posts: 15,232
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Good News Worldwide Trade In Dumpster

Even though our Manufacturing Base has been increasing the worlds has been going south which will eventually affect us .
The hand on the Ship Of State [ Trump ] Vows to maintain course and speed in regards to China but like the Shutdown over the Border which hurt some folks I believe he will accept a deal that gets most of what he wants .
The protection of copy rights seems to be the biggest sticking point .
Guess we better pray for an end sooner than later .
Upside is we can manufacture our own widgets , China better find a quick solution too .

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ression-levels
larry00 is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:25 PM
  #2  
caskiguy
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
caskiguy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2016
Location: Sherman Oaks California
Posts: 2,556
Received 328 Likes on 305 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by larry00 View Post
Even though our Manufacturing Base has been increasing the worlds has been going south which will eventually affect us .
The hand on the Ship Of State [ Trump ] Vows to maintain course and speed in regards to China but like the Shutdown over the Border which hurt some folks I believe he will accept a deal that gets most of what he wants .
The protection of copy rights seems to be the biggest sticking point .
Guess we better pray for an end sooner than later .
Upside is we can manufacture our own widgets , China better find a quick solution too .

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ression-levels
Perfect time to invest.
caskiguy is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:30 PM
  #3  
Brunello
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 256
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

But our farmers continue to do so well. The fake news won’t tell you that our winner of a President is planning an aid package to American farmers worth $15B. We will have the richest farmers in the whole world! He’s planning to buy up all the crops and distribute it to poor countries which should send markets through the roof. MAGA bitches!

Last edited by Brunello; 05-15-2019 at 12:31 PM.
Brunello is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:32 PM
  #4  
owebo
CF Senior Member
 
owebo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Location: Washigton, DC
Posts: 111,208
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16
Default

Originally Posted by Brunello View Post
But our farmers continue to do so well. The fake news won’t tell you that our winner of a President is planning an aid package to American farmers worth $15B. We will have the richest farmers in the whole world! He’s planning to buy up all the crops and distribute it to poor countries which should send markets through the roof. MAGA bitches!
We are doing very well....
owebo is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:38 PM
  #5  
Gunsmith
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Gunsmith's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2016
Location: Okeechobee Florida
Posts: 3,009
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Any problem anywhere on the planet is Trumps fault. There, got in before the PRC left, now you guys don't have to respond.
Gunsmith is online now  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:40 PM
  #6  
z edge
CF Senior Member
 
z edge's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2004
Location: BOOMER SOONER
Posts: 10,985
Received 248 Likes on 183 Posts
Default

**** off libtards, lib-turds, TDS pussies, pussyhat snowflakes, etc.

MAGA
z edge is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:51 PM
  #7  
CJ Willys
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2016
Posts: 730
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts
Default

company I work for has been increasing exports. just wish we didn’t have to purchase foreign equipment but USA heavy manufacturing is severely lacking
CJ Willys is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 01:07 PM
  #8  
Turbodude
CF Senior Member
 
Turbodude's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2006
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 18,521
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Default

[QUOTE=CJ ******;1599406505]company I work for has been increasing exports. just wish we didn’t have to purchase foreign equipment but USA heavy manufacturing is severely lacking[/QUOTE]

Yup. This is why we need to get to work rebuilding our domestic economy. The country cannot survive on tech alone...and far too many of those tech jobs go to non-US citizens who wire their salaries out of the USA. Gotta start sending them home
Turbodude is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:08 PM
  #9  
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member
 
Derrick Reynolds's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: In limbo
Posts: 16,370
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18
Default

I'm not buying this, not for a minute. Even if US/China trade relations break down long-term, I think the end effect will be positive. History has shown for literally thousands of years that free and unrestricted trade is a net positive for all participants, restricted trade is a net loser. Moving away from the heavily restricted US/China trade arrangement will open opportunities for free trade among other global trade participants. The short term problems caused by the break down of a long and huge relationship are hard to predict, but the global impact in the longer term should be a net positive. We should all be aware though, some of that longer term net positive may or may not land in the US.
Derrick Reynolds is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:10 PM
  #10  
2500 hd
CF Senior Member
 
2500 hd's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,371
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor ‘18-'19
Default

Originally Posted by z edge View Post
**** off libtards, lib-turds, TDS pussies, pussyhat snowflakes, etc.

MAGA
2500 hd is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:14 PM
  #11  
v26278
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 2,045
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default

Meh. The trade "war" now hurts China more than the US. Meanwhile, China is pouring on the stimulus, which appears to be having the desired effect, and is committed to increasing consumption among it's huge middle class, all of which in turn is good for the global economy, which in turn is good for the US economy (and ours). It is a good time to invest, as good a time as any. The macro picture isnt all doom and gloom.
v26278 is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:15 PM
  #12  
Mr turbo rotary
CF Senior Member
 
Mr turbo rotary's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Va. Beach Va.
Posts: 45,804
Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Brunello View Post
But our farmers continue to do so well. The fake news won’t tell you that our winner of a President is planning an aid package to American farmers worth $15B. We will have the richest farmers in the whole world! He’s planning to buy up all the crops and distribute it to poor countries which should send markets through the roof. MAGA bitches!
Try posting like an adult and not a knee jerking 6th grader. Your ignorance is getting old.
Mr turbo rotary is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:15 PM
  #13  
Brunello
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 256
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

Why would “he get most of what he wants”? Have the negotiations been going so well? I can understand wanting to provide shade for the real damage Trump’s trade tactics (we don’t really have a coherent trade policy) are having on American workers (like farmers who are currently being bribed with a $15B welfare bailout) but saying “we’re gonna win” is not the same as winning. Trump has little experience negotiating with real adversaries who won’t respond to charm/bully tactics. They work when you hold the cards and at the end of the day everybody goes home rich. The Chinese are not some contractor in NYC willing to take 50% of what Trump promised rather than nothing or being sued. There are very few rooms where Trump is the smartest guy in it despite what he and his syncophantic enablers tell him. Manufacturing coming back from China, not really. Cheap labor is still cheap labor. We need new ideas so that we can transition to the type of manufacturing consistent with our stage of industrialization. Trump is and has been a carnival barker with little vision beyond convincing folks that the future is found in the past. He doesn’t know what to do because he is as smart as the people that believe what he says. He is a glorified real estate agent and flimflam artist since way back. Meanwhile, sane countries are lapping us and eating our slice of the modern manufacturing pie. Germany is our model, not China. Not to worry, if it looks bad, Trump will just say we won (like we’re building a wall), tweet victory and there will be MAGA kool-aid for everyone. #libtard, #butthurt

Originally Posted by larry00 View Post
Even though our Manufacturing Base has been increasing the worlds has been going south which will eventually affect us .
The hand on the Ship Of State [ Trump ] Vows to maintain course and speed in regards to China but like the Shutdown over the Border which hurt some folks I believe he will accept a deal that gets most of what he wants .
The protection of copy rights seems to be the biggest sticking point .
Guess we better pray for an end sooner than later .
Upside is we can manufacture our own widgets , China better find a quick solution too .

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ression-levels

Last edited by Brunello; 05-15-2019 at 03:18 PM.
Brunello is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:19 PM
  #14  
owebo
CF Senior Member
 
owebo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Location: Washigton, DC
Posts: 111,208
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16
Default

Originally Posted by Mr turbo rotary View Post
Try posting like an adult and not a knee jerking 6th grader. Your ignorance is getting old.
You think he will understand....
owebo is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:22 PM
  #15  
v26278
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 2,045
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Brunello View Post
Why would “he get most of what he wants”? Have the negotiations been going so well? I can understand wanting to provide shade for the real damage Trump’s trade tactics (we don’t really have a coherent trade policy) are having on American workers (like farmers who are currently being bribed with a $15B welfare bailout) but saying “we’re gonna win” is not the same as winning. Trump has little experience negotiating with real adversaries who won’t respond to charm/bully tactics. They work when you hold the cards and at the end of the day everybody goes home rich. The Chinese are not some contractor in NYC willing to take 50% of what Trump promised rather than nothing or being sued. There are very few rooms where Trump is the smartest guy in it despite what he and his syncophantic enablers tell him. Manufacturing coming back from China, not really. Cheap labor is still cheap labor. We need new ideas so that we can transition to the type of manufacturing consistent with our stage of industrialization. Trump is and has been a carnival barker with little vision beyond convincing folks that the future is found in the past. He doesn’t know what to do because he is as smart as the people that believe what he says. He is a glorified real estate agent and flimflam artist since way back. Meanwhile, sane countries are lapping us and eating our slice of the modern manufacturing pie. Germany is our model, not China. Not to worry, if it looks bad, Trump will just say we won (like we’re building a wall), tweet victory and there will be MAGA kool-aid for everyone. #libtard, #butthurt
Would you know a good one if you saw one? Taking on China would be one.
v26278 is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:22 PM
  #16  
68/70Vette
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Location: Torrance California
Posts: 25,367
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

That the US economy is booming.....thanks to the free enterprise system; i.e capitalism. With the rest of the world's economy in decline/depression, overseas people will have no choice other than participate in the US stock market if they want asset growth.

Trump's tariffs are restoring the US capability to manufacture aluminum and steel. Critical materials that we must absolutely be self reliant upon. We also need tariffs to restore foundries and heavy machinery manufacturing.....once again critical capabilities for self reliance.
68/70Vette is online now  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:24 PM
  #17  
oemtech
CF Senior Member
 
oemtech's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2016
Location: JARRELL TEXAS
Posts: 1,829
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts
Default

We should have done this 20 or 30 years ago and we wouldn't be in this mess. Might even be able to buy Made In the USA logo'd stuff.
oemtech is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:34 PM
  #18  
Mr turbo rotary
CF Senior Member
 
Mr turbo rotary's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: Va. Beach Va.
Posts: 45,804
Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Brunello View Post
Why would “he get most of what he wants”? Have the negotiations been going so well? I can understand wanting to provide shade for the real damage Trump’s trade tactics (we don’t really have a coherent trade policy) are having on American workers (like farmers who are currently being bribed with a $15B welfare bailout) but saying “we’re gonna win” is not the same as winning. Trump has little experience negotiating with real adversaries who won’t respond to charm/bully tactics. They work when you hold the cards and at the end of the day everybody goes home rich. The Chinese are not some contractor in NYC willing to take 50% of what Trump promised rather than nothing or being sued. There are very few rooms where Trump is the smartest guy in it despite what he and his syncophantic tell him. Manufacturing coming back from China, not really. Cheap labor is still cheap labor. We need new ideas so that we can transition to the type of manufacturing consistent with our stage of industrialization. Trump is and has been a carnival barker with little vision beyond convincing folks that the future is found in the past. Meanwhile, sane countries are lapping us and eating our slice of the modern manufacturing pie. Germany is our model, not China. Not to worry, if it looks bad, Trump will just say we won (like we’re building a wall), tweet victory and there will be MAGA kool-aid for everyone. #libtard, #butthurt
You have simply no idea what you are talking about, Trump is excellent at negotiations ask some of the company execs who have been on the losing end, Steve Winn for example. Ask NATO, which has now stepped up over 100 billion to pay for what they contracted. As for tariffs any time you have have tariffs there is going to be some blow back, given. The Trump Admin. knew this and 15 billion or so will be used to help the farmers out of the ~100 billion we have collected in tariffs. You also do realize we currently have over 12,000 tariffs on foreign products and services, right? Chinese labor is not the cheapest anymore what makes China a raw deal is there theft and state supported industries like their commodity market where they are dumping steel and aluminum for under cost which is a national security threat to our industrial base. The tariffs were set up for multiple reasons, the Chinese are paying for the tariffs not the American consumer and they are being used to OPEN markets.


BTW: Germany does exactly what Trump describes, invest in the workforce and factories. Oh and Germany is dancing with a recession.

Last edited by Mr turbo rotary; 05-15-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Mr turbo rotary is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:46 PM
  #19  
chiefttp
CF Senior Member
 
chiefttp's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,978
Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Brunello,
if there ever was a good time to play hardball with China, now is the time! Our economy is booming and can absorb this hit, and China’s is in a vunerable position. So, for a little short term pain, the dividends and payoff will be worth it in the long run. Don’t cry “Chicken Little”, Chess not checkers. Trump doesn’t kiss anyone’s *** unlike others in the past who ceded a lot to China to open up markets there.

Last edited by chiefttp; 05-15-2019 at 10:25 PM.
chiefttp is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:56 PM
  #20  
Brunello
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 256
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

Trump does impulsive and rash things and there are always folks coming out to explain how it was the genius move that only Trump could think about. Where are all business execs coming out to sing his praises? Most in NYC wouldn’t bother with him because he was shady, unprincipled and generally FOS. How are Trump’s casinos? The only thing we really know about Trump’s success is what he tells us and what we uncover after the fact. Too many simply have bought the soured white cow and and convince themselves that they really prefer sour milk and that sour milk is the normal taste and that anyone who thinks differently must be drunk off the milk from the black cow. Sorry, I didn’t discover Trump in 2016 after seeing him fake fire celebrities for a few years. He has been a douche for years - even when he was a Clinton-loving, baby-killing libtard . None of us would for one minute allow our kids to act as he does and yet will defend his incompetence as President.


Originally Posted by Mr turbo rotary View Post
You have simply no idea what you are talking about, Trump is excellent at negotiations ask some of the company execs who have been on the losing end, Steve Winn for example. Ask NATO, which has now stepped up over 100 billion to pay for what they contracted. As for tariffs any time you have have tariffs there is going to be some blow back, given. The Trump Admin. knew this and 15 billion or so will be used to help the farmers out of the ~100 billion we have collected in tariffs. You also do realize we currently have over 12,000 tariffs on foreign products and services, right? Chinese labor is not the cheapest anymore what makes China a raw deal is there theft and state supported industries like their commodity market where they are dumping steel and aluminum for under cost which is a national security threat to our industrial base. The tariffs were set up for multiple reasons, the Chinese are paying for the tariffs not the American consumer and they are being used to OPEN markets.


BTW: Germany does exactly what Trump describes, invest in the workforce and factories. Oh and Germany is dancing with a recession.

Last edited by Brunello; 05-15-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Brunello is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Not Good News Worldwide Trade In Dumpster


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: