Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Police Involved Shooting Near Houston

Old 05-16-2019, 12:03 AM
avalonjohn
CF Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
She didn't have a firearm, he couldn't simply step away from her and put distance between them? Was this a projectile-type taser or a non-projectile taser?

None of the video I've seen shows his first encounter with her and why his attention was on her in the first place.

Part of the problem is there's only one cop.

Yeah, a lot simpler just to plug her.
TASER is proprietary. What is a "non-projectile" TASER? Are you referring to one where the cartidge was deployed or missing and now the only altenative is a drive stun?
Pal, the TASER, if properly deployed is immobilizing and horribly painful ( and I have sucked CS4).

Semper Fi.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:06 AM
brassplyer
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by avalonjohn View Post
"232" replies? Are they similar to "followers" or "likes"?
The point which apparently sailed over your head is what qualifies as having "died on the vine" - how much input would you like there to be?

What's amusing is you hurling accusations of bias when you put yours on prominent display.

" Butthurt"? Not at all.
Then why are you rubbing your butt so hard?

Just accept that being in the Army Band does not qualify you to have an educated conversation on the use of force.
Besides that I'll bet I was better with an M-16 than you - if you ever actually served or have ever actually fired an M-16, at no point did I invoke having been a bandsman as a "qualification". What I do invoke is having spent a significant amount of time looking at and contemplating the topic.

You mentioned Rodney King and your support for the LEOs actions ( I think, please correct me if I am wrong). I have seen that video and am old enough to remember it. If you think that was justified you are clearly off course.
You're welcome to your inaccurate, biased appraisal. You're going to bitch if I call the cops wrong, you're going to bitch if I call them right. All of it motivated by my ever calling them wrong.

As far as your profession, please be more specific. You do something to pay the rent right? I only ask to level the playing field.
How does knowing what I do "level the playing field"? We've already seen what you do with one of my past occupations - dish out smarm.

Then why do you feel the need to carry a concealed firearm?
I already covered this in the same thread you've obviously combed over. It doesn't matter what my answer is, you're going to bitch no matter what.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:15 AM
avalonjohn
CF Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 45 Posts

The point which apparently sailed over your head is what qualifies as having "died on the vine" - how much input would you like there to be?

What's amusing is you hurling accusations of bias when you put yours on prominent display.

Then why are you rubbing your butt so hard?

Besides that I'll bet I was better with an M-16 than you - if you ever actually served or have ever actually fired an M-16, at no point did I invoke having been a bandsman as a "qualification". What I do invoke is having spent a significant amount of time looking at and contemplating the topic.

You're welcome to your inaccurate, biased appraisal. You're going to bitch if I call the cops wrong, you're going to bitch if I call them right. All of it motivated by my ever calling them wrong.

How does knowing what I do "level the playing field"? We've already seen what you do with one of my past occupations - dish out smarm.

I already covered this in the same thread you've obviously combed over. It doesn't matter what my answer is, you're going to bitch no matter what.
You are getting upset. Profanities. Fascinating. And you have no idea what I do. Nice try.

Stay safe and Semper Fi. ( Parris Island 1986 / 1st RTBN B Co. qualified on an M16-A2 at 500 yards with Expert Badge... who cares) Need the serial #? I still remember it.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:45 AM
brassplyer
CF Senior Member

Stay safe and Semper Fi. ( Parris Island 1986 / 1st RTBN B Co. qualified on an M16-A2 at 500 yards with Expert Badge... who cares) Need the serial #? I still remember it.
Oh jeezus you're a jarhead - that explains a lot.

So do you think that video shows enough to exonerate the cop? Do you think there's any other way he could have handled it? Or are you good with the "target acquisition" view of police work?
Old 05-16-2019, 12:59 AM
brassplyer
CF Senior Member

You mentioned Rodney King and your support for the LEOs actions ( I think, please correct me if I am wrong). I have seen that video and am old enough to remember it. If you think that was justified you are clearly off course.
So to clarify - you're good with a cop shooting a mental defective woman who was on the ground because she'd previously lunged at him, but you feel it's a travesty that some cops gave an uncooperative Rodney King - who had lunged at them - some licks with a baton after which he walked away under his own power.

Last edited by brassplyer; 05-16-2019 at 04:25 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:45 AM
ClipperFan
CF Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I've seen most of these police video-incidents and some are bad, out of policy and just plain wrong. Cops justifiable get fired etc.....excluding this one.....I ended a debate-discussion by saying. You have to do what police tell u. PERIOD. They all got quiet.....

Otherwise its a street fight.....
Old 05-16-2019, 04:17 AM
brassplyer
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ClipperFan View Post
I ended a debate-discussion by saying. You have to do what police tell u. PERIOD.
Or they get to kill you, is that it?

This guy took a long time doing what he was told and he wasn't killed.

Old 05-16-2019, 05:57 AM
jashmore1234
CF Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Darwin caught up to her because she was too dumb to be alive.

Officer was 100% in the right.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:43 AM
6spdC6
CF Senior Member

Location: A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake in the "Peoples Republic" of upper NY state http://www.visitsacandaga.com/
Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

This is nothing more than a black not doing what the officer tells her to do AGAIN! Very common there must be something in their DNA/culture that they do not like to be told what to do by a authority figure!

WE have had these events in my local big city area and it is a case of the black runs, the black fights or just does everything possible but what they are told.

Many times they are killed or hurt. Then a big stink occurs and the black big mouths start their dog and pony show. Sometimes riots occur. Of course ******* lawyers like Crump show up and things get worse.

This is a very overplayed situation and it all could be avoided if only people did what they are told by a dully authorized police officer. Course having a IQ above 50 would help a lot of those people survive a police interdiction.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:16 AM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

Received 772 Likes on 597 Posts

He said smarmily, pretending it means something.

232 replies is clearly well above the average, how long would you like it to be? I'm sure I could point out to BadUmp again that he's full of it, I'm sure we could stretch it out a few more.

You're right, yours was a meaningless comment.

Or as he wants to see them.

Amusing? I always want to see context and hear what the full story is. Sometimes the context and full story is the cops are acting appropriately, sometimes they aren't. You seem to be butthurt that I don't always think the cops are acting appropriately. Yes, sometimes they are just being bullies. Being reluctant to ever acknowledge this is bias.

You seemed to have conveniently skipped over where some bitched at me for saying I didn't have a problem with the actions of the Rodney King cops, that I asked one poster if he'd seen the entire available video.

Let's check your objectivity - do you think the video referenced above of the cop who shot the crazy lady gives ample, clear evidence that his actions during the entire encounter were proper?

Nothing that involves the daily likelihood of me engaging in violence toward someone.
The bolded is really rich.
Anyone else see the irony here ?
Old 05-16-2019, 10:54 AM
brassplyer
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader View Post
Originally Posted by brassplyer
Nothing that involves the daily likelihood of me engaging in violence toward someone.
The bolded is really rich.

Anyone else see the irony here ?
What irony would that be? Because I carry? I carry because I believe there's a plausible possibility I might run into someone with criminal intent and my capacity to physically subdue them might not resolve the situation. However it isn't part of my job description to inflict violence on people who don't do as I say whether they're posing a threat to me or not.

Or do you mean some kind of "you don't know what it's like to deal with lowlife scumbags all day" kind of irony?
Old 05-16-2019, 11:12 AM
Sifu-TZ
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What irony would that be? Because I carry? I carry because I believe there's a plausible possibility I might run into someone with criminal intent and my capacity to physically subdue them might not resolve the situation. However it isn't part of my job description to inflict violence on people who don't do as I say whether they're posing a threat to me or not.

Or do you mean some kind of "you don't know what it's like to deal with lowlife scumbags all day" kind of irony?
the law states that violence, as a part of the use of force continuum, is acceptable to apprehend those found committing crimes. she had warrants AND 29 charges alone in baytown, tx. it's acceptable because criminals will use violence to escape or reject apprehension.]

she was clearly wanted for her warrants. if she had not fought with the police office and taken his tazer and shot him with it she would be alive. this is probably one of the easiest cases to no-bill an officer I've seen.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:14 AM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

You're quick to say the officer did nothing wrong - based on what? We don't see any of what led up to the shooting, nor the shooting itself. I see a large man standing over a woman who's on the ground.

Was it another convenience shooting? "Officer feared for his life" is the magic talisman phrase they know to use. This isn't some hulking bruiser, I'll betcha a decent JV college wrestler could have subdued her and put her in a submission hold in seconds until backup could have assisted.
so, you don't have a problem with anyone, i.e. this suspect, wrestling a taser out an officers hand and then actually discharging it at that officer. This to you is perfectly normal and acceptable behavior and should in no way be construed as a threat to the officers well being or any other person. Now, go look up the definition of "stupid". The only thing missing is your photo . . .
Old 05-16-2019, 11:18 AM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

Received 772 Likes on 597 Posts

I mean you are commenting on something you freely admit that you don't have experience with, at least not on a daily basis. In fact, you admitted that your only qualifications on this issue are that you have "thought about it".
If I think about flying a plane long enough, am I qualified to fly one ?

Last edited by PatternDayTrader; 05-16-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:39 AM
Warpdrv
CF Senior Member

This shouldn't even make the news.......

Idiot - (no matter what color) fights a cop, gets shot...... Do stupid things, win stupid prizes....
Old 05-16-2019, 11:41 AM
brassplyer
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader View Post
I mean you are commenting on something you freely admit that you don't have experience with, at least not on a daily basis. In fact, you admitted that your only qualifications on this issue are that you have "thought about it".
If I think about flying a plane long enough, am I qualified to fly one ?
No, I don't have experience choking and causing the death of someone who wasn't actively threatening me. Not just "thinking about it", but ingesting new information as well. This is a significant modifier. Attorneys with no experience as a cop act as prosecutors and defenders of cops all the time sitting before judges with no experience as a cop before jurors with no experience as a cop.

The flying a plane analogy is a poor one. I probably already have more skill with my Glock than some police, when to use it is the issue.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:43 AM
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member

Received 354 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Torqaholic View Post
If he's tasered the person who did it can take his gun. Perhaps or probably they would use it to kill him. People are responsible for restricting access to their weapons.
Cops wear bulletproof vests. Chances are high she wouldn't have been able to use the taser effectively (even assuming it could fire again since he had fired it already). So death for almost no threat to the cop.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:44 AM
GhostTX
CF Senior Member

Another case of simply complying with the officer would result with her still being here.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:45 AM
Aerovette
CF Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 132 Posts

The dump I took today > cop haters
Old 05-16-2019, 11:46 AM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

No, I don't have experience choking and causing the death of someone who wasn't actively threatening me. Not just "thinking about it", but ingesting new information as well. This is a significant modifier. Attorneys with no experience as a cop act as prosecutors and defenders of cops all the time sitting before judges with no experience as a cop before jurors with no experience as a cop.

The flying a plane analogy is a poor one. I probably already have more skill with my Glock than some police, when to use it is the issue.
so, just exactly when is this, my old and feeble mind forgets **** like this . . .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Police Involved Shooting Near Houston

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: