Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Police Involved Shooting Near Houston

Old 05-16-2019, 11:48 AM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

Received 772 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
No, I don't have experience choking and causing the death of someone who wasn't actively threatening me. Not just "thinking about it", but ingesting new information as well. This is a significant modifier. Attorneys with no experience as a cop act as prosecutors and defenders of cops all the time sitting before judges with no experience as a cop before jurors with no experience as a cop.

The flying a plane analogy is a poor one. I probably already have more skill with my Glock than some police, when to use it is the issue.
Yeah but you have admitted that your experience with violent situations as a matter of course, is zero. Seems to me your in a position of not realizing that there are things you just don't know about situations like this. Otherwise you certainly wouldn't have made the comments that you made.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:48 AM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
Cops wear bulletproof vests. Chances are high she wouldn't have been able to use the taser effectively (even assuming it could fire again since he had fired it already). So death for almost no threat to the cop.
holy-moly, now that's a whole lot of assuming there folks . . .
Old 05-16-2019, 11:49 AM
Sifu-TZ
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cops wear bulletproof vests. Chances are high she wouldn't have been able to use the taser effectively (even assuming it could fire again since he had fired it already). So death for almost no threat to the cop.
incorrect. there are lots of unprotected parts of your body that a vest does not cover. that's a massive threat. this is an easy no-bill.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:51 AM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

@ the fake Sean Coombs.

A taser will work anywhere on the body. Obviously a vest only covers the thorax.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:32 PM
brassplyer
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader View Post
Yeah but you have admitted that your experience with violent situations as a matter of course, is zero. Seems to me your in a position of not realizing that there are things you just don't know about situations like this. Otherwise you certainly wouldn't have made the comments that you made.
You're as bad at this as you are at biblical interpretation.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:34 PM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

You're as bad at this as you are at biblical interpretation.
Brilliant retort.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:05 PM
arlvette
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
Y'know what led up to it? Bitch had warrants. You know who doesn't have warrants? People who show up in court when they are supposed to. I'm not going to put any value on a life when they don't value their own. Fk her. Glad she's dead. Yeah, I said it. 1 down, and too many million to go. I'm sick and tired of leaches and parasites, thugs and people who think the law doesn't apply to them.

Iím done coddling criminals, had this woman grabbed this officerís gun, and not his taser, we would have another dead cop.

You can thank obama and the MSM for the hostile environment LEOís face everyday on the job. I donít blame cops for being hyper vigilant to threats of violence. Thank God the officer was not injured.

TrumPence 2020
Old 05-16-2019, 01:19 PM
brassplyer
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BadUmp View Post
Originally Posted by brassplyer
You're quick to say the officer did nothing wrong - based on what? We don't see any of what led up to the shooting, nor the shooting itself. I see a large man standing over a woman who's on the ground.

Was it another convenience shooting? "Officer feared for his life" is the magic talisman phrase they know to use. This isn't some hulking bruiser, I'll betcha a decent JV college wrestler could have subdued her and put her in a submission hold in seconds until backup could have assisted.
so, you don't have a problem with anyone, i.e. this suspect, wrestling a taser out an officers hand and then actually discharging it at that officer.
I don't think anything is clear and obvious from the video I've seen other than this officer seemed to have weak ground fighting skills. Is it known for a fact that she had his taser? And since he'd already fired it, she would have had to get in close proximity to use it as a stun gun. All the video I've found has audio only at the point when he fired but it appears she was on the ground and he was on his feet with distance between them when he shot her. How much real danger was he in at that point?
Old 05-16-2019, 01:21 PM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

I don't think anything is clear and obvious from the video I've seen other than this officer seemed to have weak ground fighting skills. Is it known for a fact that she had his taser? And since he'd already fired it, she would have had to get in close proximity to use it as a stun gun. All the video I've found has audio only at the point when he fired but it appears she was on the ground and he was on his feet with distance between them when he shot her. How much real danger was he in at that point?
I have Bose speakers connected to my computer. The audio is awesome.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:07 PM
Sifu-TZ
CF Senior Member

She had the tazer, you can see her use it. She was close enough to be a threat, which is reaching distance. There are no ground fighting classes in the police academy.

She had his tazer and he had every right to shoot her. She had no right to freedom, she had bench warrants for her arrest. She had no right to take his weapon. Rangers are going to have an easy job on this one.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:17 PM
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member

Received 356 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by BadUmp View Post
holy-moly, now that's a whole lot of assuming there folks . . .
Once a taser has fired barbs are you saying it autoloads to do so again?
Old 05-16-2019, 02:18 PM
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader View Post
@ the fake Sean Coombs.

A taser will work anywhere on the body. Obviously a vest only covers the thorax.
And the torso ("thorax" - what is this cop, an insect?) is where police and basically everyone else aims with a taser. Because it's the vast bulk of your body and easiest to hit.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:18 PM
YogsVR4
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '12
'12 GOP Primary Winner - St. Jude Donation

Criminal attacks officer - criminal ends up dead. I'm good with that.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:19 PM
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member

None.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:23 PM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

And the torso ("thorax" - what is this cop, an insect?) is where police and basically everyone else aims with a taser. Because it's the vast bulk of your body and easiest to hit.
Lol.
You can taze someone in the foot and the effects will be the same.
Go look up thorax and report the definition back to us.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:35 PM
Sifu-TZ
CF Senior Member

Once a taser has fired barbs are you saying it autoloads to do so again?
yes. it has two shots, then it is placed on the body and it still functions.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:20 PM
gs568
CF Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

If only she had cable TV so she could of learned how to interact with law enforcement by watching "Cops".
Old 05-16-2019, 03:59 PM
DB Cooper
CF Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Research shows the recitivism rate to be much lower when the criminal assumes room temperature...
Old 05-16-2019, 04:46 PM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

^^^ Lol.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:50 PM
tytek
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr D. View Post
Stupid will get you killed.
Succinct and accurate summary of what seems to have taken place here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Police Involved Shooting Near Houston

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: