Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Howard Stern: Trumps Campaign in 2016 was Fake...

Old 05-15-2019, 10:45 PM
68/70Vette
CF Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Howard Stern makes his living saying controversial things. Same as Ann Coulter. They are entertainers. They don't have the gift of being cuttingly humorous so they'll never be another Joan Rivers.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:23 AM
SPIVET
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used to listen to him for the shock value but that has been gone for decades. This mentally screwed up narcissist hollyweirdo black sheep is only a legend in his own mind now - kind of like the db we have and laugh at here.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:39 AM
tnvette2
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
Sorta makes sense... I remember Trump walking out at 1 or 2am the night he won and he looked shocked and a little confused. He didn't seem to know what to do or say. Not much has changed since then. He can spend two hours in front of a hot mic and ramble incessantly without really knowing what to do or say.
The wine coolers have made you say dumb stuff again, bless your heart.....
Old 05-16-2019, 07:08 AM
Viking0728
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of course this is true, Trump was a frequent guest of the show and a friend of Stern.

Originally Posted by Tennis & Golf Nut View Post
Said he and Trump were friends and still are, they talked constantly during the 2016 campaign.

Stern Voted for Hillary. Said Hildabeast was more qualified.

Trump ran as POTUS to promote "The Apprentice" which was getting old with falling ratings.

Trump ran for POTUS to get a better deal with NBC as his contract was being renegotiated, promote his new book and increase his Brand image for his business.

Trump never thought he was going to Win the GOP Nomination and was shocked when he won POTUS.

Trump (a billionaire) was Authentic, spoke like a real guy and Hillary was Not authentic, that's why Trump won.

He could relate to the common man when Hillary could not.

Shocked that Trump is Pro-Life. Believes that Trump probably paid for several Abortions from women he knocked up.

Trump told Stern that his biggest fear in life was getting STDs because he banged so many Hot chicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxKRy8hm2pU
Old 05-16-2019, 07:24 AM
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorta makes sense... I remember Trump walking out at 1 or 2am the night he won and he looked shocked and a little confused. He didn't seem to know what to do or say. Not much has changed since then. He can spend two hours in front of a hot mic and ramble incessantly without really knowing what to do or say.
here:

Sorta makes sense... I remember walking around at 1 or 2am the night he won and I was shocked and a little confused. I didn't seem to know what to do or say. Not much has changed since then. I can spend two hours in front of a hot double latte 0% skim with a double handle and ramble incessantly without really knowing what to do or say.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:39 AM
Platoface
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Sorry your devil worshipping Satanist was unable to take America down.

You will have to live with this instead:

Last edited by Platoface; 05-16-2019 at 07:42 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:58 AM
maybelooking
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If I concede that everything Stern said is absolute truth...........

What Trump has done since he was elected is what truly matters. He is undoing liberal crap regulations and policies and getting conservative judges confirmed.

He has brought back jobs that the left said would never return.

And the final, and biggest reason I love him is......HE IS NOT HILLARY.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:07 AM
RedC7AZ
CF Senior Member

Received 311 Likes on 194 Posts

All he had to do was cancel all the rallies if he didn't want to win. 🤔
Old 05-16-2019, 08:16 AM
Frankie the Fink
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,667 Likes on 2,872 Posts

So here we are.....some lame "shock jock" who made a fortune from on air titillation and stories about him masturbating is now a political pundit.. Who gives a hoot what he thinks ?

An American Idol judge grousing for a few more bucks is now a judge of American politicians' integrity ??
Old 05-16-2019, 08:22 AM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Maybe he needs to barrow Barrys teleprompter.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:33 AM
Frankie the Fink
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,667 Likes on 2,872 Posts

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast View Post
here:

Sorta makes sense... I remember walking around at 1 or 2am the night he won and I was shocked and a little confused. I didn't seem to know what to do or say. Not much has changed since then. I can spend two hours in front of a hot double latte 0% skim with a double handle and ramble incessantly without really knowing what to do or say.
Now that's funny right there!

As opposed to Hillary who wouldn't concede gracefully, disappeared for hours and threw stuff at staff and on and on...
Now she's claiming the election was stolen -- sort of like emails on an unsecured server I guess.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:32 AM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ View Post
All he had to do was cancel all the rallies if he didn't want to win. 🤔
Cancel an opportunity to bloviate in front of thousands of chanting sycophants!? What planet are you on right now?
Old 05-16-2019, 09:33 AM
HEB
CF Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by maybelooking View Post
If I concede that everything Stern said is absolute truth...........

What Trump has done since he was elected is what truly matters. He is undoing liberal crap regulations and policies and getting conservative judges confirmed.

He has brought back jobs that the left said would never return.

And the final, and biggest reason I love him is......HE IS NOT HILLARY.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:34 AM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
So here we are.....some lame "shock jock" who made a fortune from on air titillation and stories about him masturbating is now a political pundit.. Who gives a hoot what he thinks ?

An American Idol judge grousing for a few more bucks is now a judge of American politicians' integrity ??
Trump does, apparently: "he and Trump were friends and still are, they talked constantly during the 2016 campaign."

You could rephrase and say "a reality TV producer grousing for a few more years on-air, 8 to be specific".
Old 05-16-2019, 09:36 AM
RedC7AZ
CF Senior Member

Received 311 Likes on 194 Posts

Cancel an opportunity to bloviate in front of thousands of chanting sycophants!? What planet are you on right now?
Yuh right.
It pissed you off didn't it?
It pissed you off that the guy had thousands of supporters at his rallies.
I LOVE it.

There's not a frickin thing you have ever or will ever say that can hide your anger and irritation with our President DJT. It's gotta suck to know all along that we've recognized your silly game, right?

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 05-16-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:37 AM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Received 1,464 Likes on 838 Posts

This is not the first time we've heard that Trump entered the race not expecting or wanting to win, but I think that changed when he traveled the country and saw the support for him. Regardless, he's done a good job.

That said, if Stern was and is his friend... why say these things on the cusp of the 2020 political **** show?
Old 05-16-2019, 09:42 AM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder View Post
This is not the first time we've heard that Trump entered the race not expecting or wanting to win, but I think that changed when he traveled the country and saw the support for him. Regardless, he's done a good job.

That said, if Stern was and is his friend... why say these things on the cusp of the 2020 political **** show?
It's a political move is my guess. Reminds me of the real authors of Trumps books. They could have spoken up a decade ago but they are speaking now, a year before 2020, talking about how Trump never wrote a book and probably hasn't read them either. Remember the recent story about Trump "sitting around all day looking at carpet swatches" and the guy who described him as "a self-absorbed child"? That's not news... unless Trump is gearing up for another campaign.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:06 AM
bgad
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Since this thread is based purely on personal opinions with no possible way to verify.

It is my opinion that initially Trump’s campaign was based on a desire for publicity mixed with a desire to humiliate the incompetent bozos that were running for the Republican nomination.
He was then surprised that not only did no competent candidate appear but that his own popularity increased.
Given the situation (as well as his own ego), he felt the need to seriously campaign in order to prevent Hillary from winning.
And that is how he was elected to an office that he never really wanted.
He is now trying to do the job to the best of his ability despite The Resistance, a force that has never been seen by a prior President.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:11 AM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by Tennis & Golf Nut View Post
Said he and Trump were friends and still are, they talked constantly during the 2016 campaign.
This is not surprising. I said the same thing during the campaign in 2016 on the record in this very forum.
Stern Voted for Hillary. Said Hildabeast was more qualified.
As far as actually understanding how government works and how the world operates, this made Clinton more qualified. However, presidential elections have never come down to the "most qualified" candidate. The most "popular" candidate at the state level is usually the one who wins.
Trump ran as POTUS to promote "The Apprentice" which was getting old with falling ratings.

Trump ran for POTUS to get a better deal with NBC as his contract was being renegotiated, promote his new book and increase his Brand image for his business.

Trump never thought he was going to Win the GOP Nomination and was shocked when he won POTUS.
Again, all things I mentioned on this forum several times. Trump won because of a confluence of events that perfectly aligned to give Trump the win.

Firstly, Clinton being a Clinton and a woman (not necessarily in that order) as well as being perceived as the corporate candidate vs. Bernie Sanders made her unpopular within her own party. Had she at least offered the opportunity for Sanders to be her running mate, vis--vis what Obama did in making Clinton his Secretary of State, the Sanders faction would have turned out to support her.

Secondly, because of my first point, Trump only really won due to about 70,000 votes in three different states (Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida) went his way instead for Hillary. Turnout for the 2016 election was the lowest in 20 years, that means people were turned off by both candidates, however, Trump's base was obviously more energized due to his populist message. Might have been a different outcome had Bernie Sanders won the Democrat nomination.

Lastly, Trump couldn't have run a more divisive campaign. In a weak field of candidates, the one who turns out his base in greater numbers at the local (state) level will usually have the best chance to win.

Trump (a billionaire) was Authentic, spoke like a real guy and Hillary was Not authentic, that's why Trump won.

He could relate to the common man when Hillary could not.
Not sure I completely agree with either point here, but there is a great deal of plausibility to it. Again, Hillary Clinton is a very polarizing figure just like Trump. She made two tactical errors that won it for Trump despite himself...

Her choosing not to campaign key states like Pennsylvania and Ohio to the degree that she needed to cost her votes.
Her not reaching out directly to Bernie Sanders to gain the support of his supporters was a particularly egregious error.

Trump coming off as sincere through his political incorrectness certainly helped him, so I can't totally dismiss the "related better to the common man" perception being the catalyst.

Shocked that Trump is Pro-Life. Believes that Trump probably paid for several Abortions from women he knocked up.
Trump is only pro-life because his base is pro-life. Dude couldn't care less about abortion.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:18 AM
jasper711
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder who threatened Stern's broadcasts, to cause him to come forward with the liberal mantra?

And the ultimate irony is if Trump did run on a lark, and we benefited much as a country. I'm not complaining.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Howard Stern: Trumps Campaign in 2016 was Fake...

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: