Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Howard Stern: Trumps Campaign in 2016 was Fake...

Old 05-16-2019, 10:24 AM
jasper711
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chemdawg99 View Post

Trump is only pro-life because his base is pro-life. Dude couldn't care less about abortion.
Just as a representative of the people should be (if that were true), Trump relinquished his own position to represent his base.

However, there is no shortage of people who were pro abortion when considering fetus' as nothing more than a tissue mass, that have converted to pro-life when observing a fetus reacting and trying to defend against an abortion operation.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:25 AM
Black 03 Z06
CF Senior Member

Received 302 Likes on 271 Posts

The "King of Media" whose time has come and gone. **** you Stern, you washed upped *******.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:25 AM
Fuzzy Dice
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
Sorta makes sense... I remember Trump walking out at 1 or 2am the night he won and he looked shocked and a little confused. He didn't seem to know what to do or say. Not much has changed since then. He can spend two hours in front of a hot mic and ramble incessantly without really knowing what to do or say.
Do tell...your comments dove tail perfectly with what he has done since being elected...NOT....if you honestly think his list of accomplishments to date indicate shock and confusion, you may need professional help...a mule can see your statement is patently false...no, he is not a polished politician in many ways including speech making but to many, many folks that is alluring about him, sir...
Old 05-16-2019, 10:26 AM
2500 hd
CF Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor Ď18-'19

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06 View Post
The "King of Media" whose time has come and gone. **** you Stern, you washed upped *******.
Well said..
Old 05-16-2019, 10:31 AM
GhostTX
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasper711 View Post
Just as a representative of the people should be (if that were true), Trump relinquished his own position to represent his base.

However, there is no shortage of people who were pro abortion when considering fetus' as nothing more than a tissue mass, that have converted to pro-life when observing a fetus reacting and trying to defend against an abortion operation.
How weird, right? A politician actually doing what his constituents want him to do?
Old 05-16-2019, 10:33 AM
Fuzzy Dice
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In IV Veteran

This is not surprising. I said the same thing during the campaign in 2016 on the record in this very forum.

As far as actually understanding how government works and how the world operates, this made Clinton more qualified. However, presidential elections have never come down to the "most qualified" candidate. The most "popular" candidate at the state level is usually the one who wins.

Again, all things I mentioned on this forum several times. Trump won because of a confluence of events that perfectly aligned to give Trump the win.

Firstly, Clinton being a Clinton and a woman (not necessarily in that order) as well as being perceived as the corporate candidate vs. Bernie Sanders made her unpopular within her own party. Had she at least offered the opportunity for Sanders to be her running mate, vis-ŗ-vis what Obama did in making Clinton his Secretary of State, the Sanders faction would have turned out to support her.

Secondly, because of my first point, Trump only really won due to about 70,000 votes in three different states (Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida) went his way instead for Hillary. Turnout for the 2016 election was the lowest in 20 years, that means people were turned off by both candidates, however, Trump's base was obviously more energized due to his populist message. Might have been a different outcome had Bernie Sanders won the Democrat nomination.

Lastly, Trump couldn't have run a more divisive campaign. In a weak field of candidates, the one who turns out his base in greater numbers at the local (state) level will usually have the best chance to win.

Not sure I completely agree with either point here, but there is a great deal of plausibility to it. Again, Hillary Clinton is a very polarizing figure just like Trump. She made two tactical errors that won it for Trump despite himself...

Her choosing not to campaign key states like Pennsylvania and Ohio to the degree that she needed to cost her votes.
Her not reaching out directly to Bernie Sanders to gain the support of his supporters was a particularly egregious error.

Trump coming off as sincere through his political incorrectness certainly helped him, so I can't totally dismiss the "related better to the common man" perception being the catalyst.

Trump is only pro-life because his base is pro-life. Dude couldn't care less about abortion.
You made quite a long post...I find it interesting that not once did you give an ounce of credit or even mention what trump has done since being elected... very telling...kindly do not try to hide behind the fact that this thread started as a stern deal...
Old 05-16-2019, 10:36 AM
Fuzzy Dice
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In IV Veteran

It's a political move is my guess. Reminds me of the real authors of Trumps books. They could have spoken up a decade ago but they are speaking now, a year before 2020, talking about how Trump never wrote a book and probably hasn't read them either. Remember the recent story about Trump "sitting around all day looking at carpet swatches" and the guy who described him as "a self-absorbed child"? That's not news... unless Trump is gearing up for another campaign.
I cannot believe you are going down the ghost writer road...you absolutely cannot be this thick...or can you?...
Old 05-16-2019, 10:47 AM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice View Post
Do tell...your comments dove tail perfectly with what he has done since being elected...NOT....if you honestly think his list of accomplishments to date indicate shock and confusion, you may need professional help...a mule can see your statement is patently false...no, he is not a polished politician in many ways including speech making but to many, many folks that is alluring about him, sir...
Thank you for calling me sir, sir.

I agree, he appeals to the group-thinking masses. I see him as an arrogant, ego-driven douchebag who's primary goal in life is to elevate his own image and brand. The manner in which he does this----reality TV shows, Twitter fights with celebrities, putting his name on everything, acting like a 28 yr old, trading in wives for younger ones, bragging about his "high IQ" and "large hands", etc., etc.----appeals to a lot of people. I think he's a buffoon but that's just my opinion. And if a Kardashian ran for president in 2024, they'd win. Those ****** are the democrat equivalent of Trump, all style and zero substance.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:48 AM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

I cannot believe you are going down the ghost writer road...you absolutely cannot be this thick...or can you?...
I evaluate intelligence for a living. I've seen enough of Trump to absolute believe he didn't write one complete paragraph in any of those books.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:55 AM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

You made quite a long post...I find it interesting that not once did you give an ounce of credit or even mention what trump has done since being elected... very telling...kindly do not try to hide behind the fact that this thread started as a stern deal...
I find it quite interesting that you feel I need to give Trump credit for anything. He couldn't even get cutting taxes right and that is really the only thing I would remotely consider giving him credit for. He has demonstrated that he doesn't know anything about international trade or economics either. Because of this (which I knew about him BEFORE his candidacy) I didn't vote for Trump and I've never been a fan of his, unlike yourself.

I happen to agree with much of what Stern said about Trump, a point obviously lost upon you due to your fanboi enthusiasm for Trump
Old 05-16-2019, 11:17 AM
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Received 1,003 Likes on 666 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

I evaluate intelligence for a living. I've seen enough of Trump to absolute believe he didn't write one complete paragraph in any of those books.
You, alone, are capable of an act that the industry says is unethical because it isn't accurate

Gotcha
Old 05-16-2019, 11:19 AM
Frankie the Fink
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,667 Likes on 2,872 Posts

Most don't - I doubt Michelle did. I doubt that's a statement of intelligence.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:39 AM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
Most don't - I doubt Michelle did. I doubt that's a statement of intelligence.
Are you (and your brethren) capable of being the least bit critical of Trump and disinclined with the logical fallacy of excusing/dismissing that Trump's books were ghostwritten by saying that Michelle Obama's book was ghostwritten. It's been proven that at least one of Trump's books was not written by him AT ALL. His oft-boasted about "Art of the Deal".

Even if we give you that Michelle Obama's book was ghostwritten, what has that to do with Trump? Are you not acknowledging that both Obama and Trump are too stupid to write their own books?

Point being, it doesn't make Trump look any better to say that "Michelle probably didn't write her book either".
Old 05-16-2019, 11:41 AM
ZL1Vette
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you (and your brethren) capable of being the least bit critical of Trump and disinclined with the logical fallacy of excusing/dismissing that Trump's books were ghostwritten by saying that Michelle Obama's book was ghostwritten. It's been proven that at least one of Trump's books was not written by him AT ALL. His oft-boasted about "Art of the Deal".
Everybody knows that, I met the author several times.

Even if we give you that Michelle Obama's book was ghostwritten, what has that to do with Trump? Are you not acknowledging that both Obama and Trump are too stupid to write their own books?Point being, it doesn't make Trump look any better to say that "Michelle probably didn't write her book either".
Nobody who isn't a writer likely can write their own book.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:43 AM
RedC7AZ
CF Senior Member

Received 311 Likes on 194 Posts

I agree, he appeals to the group-thinking masses. I see him as an arrogant, ego-driven douchebag who's primary goal in life is to elevate his own image and brand. The manner in which he does this----reality TV shows, Twitter fights with celebrities, putting his name on everything, acting like a 28 yr old, trading in wives for younger ones, bragging about his "high IQ" and "large hands", etc., etc.----appeals to a lot of people. I think he's a buffoon but that's just my opinion. And if a Kardashian ran for president in 2024, they'd win. Those ****** are the democrat equivalent of Trump, all style and zero substance.
Perhaps you should evaluate your own intelligence:

You're an angry, irritated Trump hater trying to cope with your TDS, by bashing Trump. It never works, at least not here, because we ridicule the living **** out of you and hand your *** to you on a platter. DAILY.!!

Yet, you keep coming back for more. How intelligent is THAT?🤔
Old 05-16-2019, 11:55 AM
Suns_PSD
CF Senior Member

Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by bgad View Post
Since this thread is based purely on personal opinions with no possible way to verify.

It is my opinion that initially Trumpís campaign was based on a desire for publicity mixed with a desire to humiliate the incompetent bozos that were running for the Republican nomination.
He was then surprised that not only did no competent candidate appear but that his own popularity increased.
Given the situation (as well as his own ego), he felt the need to seriously campaign in order to prevent Hillary from winning.
And that is how he was elected to an office that he never really wanted.
He is now trying to do the job to the best of his ability despite The Resistance, a force that has never been seen by a prior President.
Nailed it imo.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:56 AM
TLGunman
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clearly this has nothing to do with Stern being on a promotional tour to get attention for his new book...
Old 05-16-2019, 12:08 PM
Suns_PSD
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by jasper711 View Post
I wonder who threatened Stern's broadcasts, to cause him to come forward with the liberal mantra?

And the ultimate irony is if Trump did run on a lark, and we benefited much as a country. I'm not complaining.
Did it ever occur to you that Stern is just being honest?

Never enjoyed his show, but if anything, he seems pretty straightforward and honest, something no one should ever say about Trump.

Yes this will probably harm their long lasting friendship, but I think Stern is wise enough to know that Trump uses people up and that it's best that he doesn't get drawn in to the Trump lying game.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:10 PM
GR8-LIFE
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorta makes sense... I remember Trump walking out at 1 or 2am the night he won and he looked shocked and a little confused. He didn't seem to know what to do or say. Not much has changed since then. He can spend two hours in front of a hot mic and ramble incessantly without really knowing what to do or say.
Trump is a product of a failing 2 party system, a system where you dont just vote for your party, you make sure to vote against the other one.

Ever notice that almost everything Trump says, particularlly when it comes to responding to critics or opposition, is very adolescent in nature?

Forget about the fact that he is a lawless loose canon who doesnt GAF about the consitutional law and governmental powers. Or when he disagrees with a federal judge who is ruling on law, he simply insults the federal judge and says he should be fired crazy2:

Forget about the fact that he is a cheat in almost everything he does

What is most astounding about Trump is He has no ability to intelligently or even maturely participate in a discussion (and he caters to a base who is as equally as insulting and inflammatory)

Trump is that classic Bad Guy WWWF Wrestler, a clown who can only issue inflammatory remarks as a response to any criticism (with the main difference being Tump isnt acting)

And even on his best day, Trump is that 8 year old who Says "I know You are But what am I"

Thats who we have in the WH right now.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:12 PM
Suns_PSD
CF Senior Member

Yep.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Howard Stern: Trumps Campaign in 2016 was Fake...

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: