Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Howard Stern: Trumps Campaign in 2016 was Fake...

Old 05-16-2019, 12:16 PM
z edge
CF Senior Member

Received 248 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
I evaluate intelligence for a living. I've seen enough of Trump to absolute believe he didn't write one complete paragraph in any of those books.
How ironic. Now wonder university students are so screwed up

If you were half as smart as you pretend to be - or think you are - you'd know that TRUMP has had his eye on the WH for 30 years. Go back and research....it's fairly evident to see.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:18 PM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by ZL1Vette View Post
Everybody knows that, I met the author several times.

Nobody who isn't a writer likely can write their own book.
Is there a point to anything you said in this post?
It is pretty common knowledge (to most people) that most books “written” by celebrities and power figures are on some level ghostwritten. Many times, the person(s) who contributed or even outright wrote such books are acknowledged in the books. Michelle Obama’s book is no exception. Having read her book and several of Trump’s, I know Obama’s book was not entirely her creation/writing, but she wrote most of it as they are actually her written memoirs organized into a book:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sea...iends/%3famp=1

Again, what does her book have to do with Trump?
Old 05-16-2019, 12:20 PM
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Chemdawg99 View Post
Is there a point to anything you said in this post?
It is pretty common knowledge (to most people) that most books “written” by celebrities and power figures are on some level ghostwritten. Many times, the person(s) who contributed or even outright wrote such books are acknowledged in the books. Michelle Obama’s book is no exception. Having read her book and several of Trump’s, I know Obama’s book was not entirely her creation/writing, but she wrote most of it as they are actually her written memoirs organized into a book:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sea...iends/%3famp=1

Again, what does her book have to do with Trump?
So they never sign off on the book and bio/promo for the book even if ghostwritten to some degree?
Old 05-16-2019, 12:24 PM
jasper711
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for calling me sir, sir.

I agree, he appeals to the group-thinking masses. I see him as an arrogant, ego-driven douchebag who's primary goal in life is to elevate his own image and brand. The manner in which he does this----reality TV shows, Twitter fights with celebrities, putting his name on everything, acting like a 28 yr old, trading in wives for younger ones, bragging about his "high IQ" and "large hands", etc., etc.----appeals to a lot of people. I think he's a buffoon but that's just my opinion. And if a Kardashian ran for president in 2024, they'd win. Those ****** are the democrat equivalent of Trump, all style and zero substance.

Anyone who steps away from the "intellectual liberal rules of engagement" is part of the group thinking masses.

Last edited by jasper711; 05-16-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:32 PM
E in Phila
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06 View Post
The "King of Media" whose time has come and gone. **** you Stern, you washed upped *******.

Stern signed a contract renewal with Sirius a few years back estimated to be $80 million per year. Oh, and guess who has the best selling book on Amazon at the moment?

The "Stern is over" mantra is truly hilarious. Haters have been claiming that since the 80's.

As far as those who are claiming this is for publicity, or he needs to be shocking to stay relevant, that's off base too. Stern is now widely acknowledged as one of the best interviewers in the business (his collection of outstanding interviews is the subject of his book). The show is still "racey", but its appeal goes well beyond that. The days of his being accurately described as a "shock jock" are way over at this point. If anything, he keeps a lower profile than he would be capable of attaining if he wanted to (although he is out hyping the book now).

Of course, not really knowing much about Stern or his show has never stopped people from having firm opinions about him.

Stern is annoyingly liberal, especially in his support of Hilary (although he is staunchly against gun control, at least). But right or wrong, it is fair to speculate about whether Trump really expected to win when he entered the race. Claiming that he didn't isn't as wild or controversial as some of you are making it out to be.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:05 PM
Platoface
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Cancel an opportunity to bloviate in front of thousands of chanting sycophants!? What planet are you on right now?
Really, who came to watch you bloviate? Oh, you mean Trump... yeah... you are not a liberal...
Old 05-16-2019, 01:13 PM
pologreen1
CF Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 206 Posts

Stern is a Billionaire and one of the most intelligent people in Hollywood.

He has told this story for years and he knows these people in and out.

Why are people here hating on a guy that talked about a conversation he had with a buddy and his comments on why "the people" selected who they did? I am sure there are some Stern fans here at some point in their life. Stern knows about the "common man". He played the idiots for decades, being a Millionaire in his early career already and playing to masses and the sheep.

Stern also did NOT throw Trump under the bus when they asked for his old tapes. he simply to the media crows to find it, it is out there.

One thing Stern does most times is tell the truth about other people, that is why people fear him. He will be nice to their face after he fries them too. He is the king of ALL media like he says.

LMAO at people being offended a guy they voted in was only half hearted about it.

Last edited by pologreen1; 05-16-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:26 PM
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by pologreen1 View Post
Stern is a Billionaire and one of the most intelligent people in Hollywood.

He has told this story for years and he knows these people in and out.

Why are people here hating on a guy that talked about a conversation he had with a buddy and his comments on why "the people" selected who they did? I am sure there are some Stern fans here at some point in their life. Stern knows about the "common man". He played the idiots for decades, being a Millionaire in his early career already and playing to masses and the sheep.

Stern also did NOT throw Trump under the bus when they asked for his old tapes. he simply to the media crows to find it, it is out there.

One thing Stern does most times is tell the truth about other people, that is why people fear him. He will be nice to their face after he fries them too. He is the king of ALL media like he says.

LMAO at people being offended a guy they voted in was only half hearted about it.
What’s the curve?
Old 05-16-2019, 01:35 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
CF Senior Member

Received 137 Likes on 56 Posts

It's a political move is my guess. Reminds me of the real authors of Trumps books. They could have spoken up a decade ago but they are speaking now, a year before 2020, talking about how Trump never wrote a book and probably hasn't read them either. Remember the recent story about Trump "sitting around all day looking at carpet swatches" and the guy who described him as "a self-absorbed child"? That's not news... unless Trump is gearing up for another campaign.
Dr Phil has NY Times Best Sellers on Weight Loss.

Old 05-16-2019, 01:36 PM
redred65cpe
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ View Post
Yuh right.
It pissed you off didn't it?
It pissed you off that the guy had thousands of supporters at his rallies.
I LOVE it.

There's not a frickin thing you have ever or will ever say that can hide your anger and irritation with our President DJT. It's gotta suck to know all along that we've recognized your silly game, right?
Trump is the bee in Dr. Bee's bonnet. That constant bzzzzzzzz...
Old 05-16-2019, 01:37 PM
GR8-LIFE
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
Did it ever occur to you that Stern is just being honest?

Never enjoyed his show, but if anything, he seems pretty straightforward and honest, something no one should ever say about Trump.

Yes this will probably harm their long lasting friendship, but I think Stern is wise enough to know that Trump uses people up and that it's best that he doesn't get drawn in to the Trump lying game.

I have never been a stern fan. His shtick is pretty lame and is far too offensive & shallow for my likes. But Stern isnt an idiot and he tells it like it is.

I dont think Stern could GAF about Trump being that Trump has quite a few enemies. Its probably a weight of Stern's shoulders. When you associate yourself with a scumbag like Trump you risk ending up in deep ****. Just ask Manafort, Cohen, Flynn etc etc

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 05-16-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:46 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by GR8-LIFE View Post
I have never been a stern fan. His shtick is pretty lame and is far too offensive & shallow for my likes. But Stern isnt an idiot and he tells it like it is.

I dont think Stern could GAF about Trump being that Trump has quite a few enemies. Its probably a weight of Stern's shoulders.

When you associate yourself with a scumbag like Trump you risk ending up in deep ****. Just ask Manafort, Cohen, Flynn etc etc
Stern isn't a Scumbag?

Stern said in this book that one of the reasons he wrote it was because he was such a Scumbag and an *******, treated people with disrespect and only thought of himself.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:49 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
Most don't - I doubt Michelle did. I doubt that's a statement of intelligence.

I agree, writing is a talent that most people don't have regardless of how well they do in their respective industries. I also believe the general public has a tacit agreement to "look the other way" when a billionaire "writes a book". All Trump had to do is not bring it up. But when people question his intelligence he has said something similar to "I'm a high IQ guy, I've authored 19 books!". He'd do well not to open that can of worms.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:51 PM
American Made
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Biden's campaign in 2020 is fake.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:52 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Trump is a product of a failing 2 party system, a system where you dont just vote for your party, you make sure to vote against the other one.

Ever notice that almost everything Trump says, particularlly when it comes to responding to critics or opposition, is very adolescent in nature?

Forget about the fact that he is a lawless loose canon who doesnt GAF about the consitutional law and governmental powers. Or when he disagrees with a federal judge who is ruling on law, he simply insults the federal judge and says he should be fired crazy2:

Forget about the fact that he is a cheat in almost everything he does

What is most astounding about Trump is He has no ability to intelligently or even maturely participate in a discussion (and he caters to a base who is as equally as insulting and inflammatory)

Trump is that classic Bad Guy WWWF Wrestler, a clown who can only issue inflammatory remarks as a response to any criticism (with the main difference being Tump isnt acting)

And even on his best day, Trump is that 8 year old who Says "I know You are But what am I"

Thats who we have in the WH right now.
I agree 100%

Do you remember when someone interviewing Trump asked why he called his opponent's wife a "fat pig" and he said "well... they started it"? The interviewer literally looked Trump in the eye and said "that's the response of a 5 yr old" and Trump said "no it's not". I'm not sure I would have believed that if it weren't on video. So embarrassing.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:53 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by z edge View Post
How ironic. Now wonder university students are so screwed up

If you were half as smart as you pretend to be - or think you are - you'd know that TRUMP has had his eye on the WH for 30 years. Go back and research....it's fairly evident to see.
Then you disagree with half the Trump supporters in PRC, which is fine.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:00 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by American Made View Post
Biden's campaign in 2020 is fake.
Mayor de Blasio of NY is 1,000x more Fake.

At least Biden has a 1% chance.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:31 PM
JustinStrife
CF Senior Member

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Trump is a product of a failing 2 party system, a system where you dont just vote for your party, you make sure to vote against the other one.

Ever notice that almost everything Trump says, particularlly when it comes to responding to critics or opposition, is very adolescent in nature?

Forget about the fact that he is a lawless loose canon who doesnt GAF about the consitutional law and governmental powers. Or when he disagrees with a federal judge who is ruling on law, he simply insults the federal judge and says he should be fired crazy2:

Forget about the fact that he is a cheat in almost everything he does

What is most astounding about Trump is He has no ability to intelligently or even maturely participate in a discussion (and he caters to a base who is as equally as insulting and inflammatory)

Trump is that classic Bad Guy WWWF Wrestler, a clown who can only issue inflammatory remarks as a response to any criticism (with the main difference being Tump isnt acting)

And even on his best day, Trump is that 8 year old who Says "I know You are But what am I"

Thats who we have in the WH right now.
We definitely live in separate realities
Old 05-16-2019, 05:27 PM
z edge
CF Senior Member

Received 248 Likes on 183 Posts

Then you disagree with half the Trump supporters in PRC, which is fine.
WTF?

You're statement has nothing to do with my point or this thread.

But let's say that you are correct - which i doubt you are - do you think i care who agrees with me?
Old 05-16-2019, 05:49 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by z edge View Post
WTF?

You're statement has nothing to do with my point or this thread.

But let's say that you are correct - which i doubt you are - do you think i care who agrees with me?
Based on your little emoji, which was cute, I'm guessing you don't.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Howard Stern: Trumps Campaign in 2016 was Fake...

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: