Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Cop killers should die ASAP

 
Old 05-16-2019, 10:05 AM
  #21  
RandomTask
CF Senior Member
 
RandomTask's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2008
Location: Alexandria VA
Posts: 11,134
Received 136 Likes on 96 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MagRedConv View Post
Show me the thread on social media you say I started. As far as getting rid of due process, show me where it says that will occur.

Finally, if you CAN'T do either. Shut. The. ****. Up.
The former, I was mistaken. I confused you with McRider; Apologies. updated my above post to reflect that.

The latter, see this thread. "Get the death penalty, immediately.

That's not how our justice system works.

Last edited by RandomTask; 05-16-2019 at 10:05 AM.
RandomTask is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 10:06 AM
  #22  
LFZ
CF Senior Member
 
LFZ's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2003
Location: Lake Norman NC
Posts: 27,413
Received 276 Likes on 198 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
I swear, when your mom finally kicks you out of the basement, you're going to go on a shooting rampage.

You have a serious mental issue.
Nope...I'm not like your people.
LFZ is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 10:07 AM
  #23  
vettsplit 63
CF Senior Member
 
vettsplit 63's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: Power tripping Sociopath- has a nice ring to it- I used to be a people person, but people ruined it Texas
Posts: 6,017
Received 99 Likes on 89 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12
Default

Originally Posted by dpd3672 View Post
No objection here. Killing a police officer is more than simply a murder, it's a crime against society.

One of my greatest frustrations is that assaults on officers are rarely prosecuted, relative to their frequency of occurrence, and sentenced trivially when they are. The mindset seems to be that it's "part of the job," which infuriates me. The murder of a police officer usually gets attention and harsh penalties, but not always.
I have quoted FBI statistics showing the incidence of assaults on Police Officers, by year, and in specificity that require emergency treatment.. On average, we stand a 1 in 10 chance of being assaulted every year. But there are those right here on this forum who will state that being a garbage worker is more dangerous. I would counter with "When was the last time you heard of someone beating the Hell out of a garbage worker, or shooting him/her?" And they say that departments overreport assaults to get public sympathy. You can't win with these types.
vettsplit 63 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 10:17 AM
  #24  
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: Miami Beach FL
Posts: 12,489
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
Would you be OK with harsher sentences for police who use excessive force? Life sentence with no parole? After all, thatís also a crime against society in the sense of establishing a police state. . . ?

Take your issues up with rarely prosecuting those cases w/ the DA. I have no problem imposing harsher sentences on those cases but I DO have a problem with denying people due process.
From the article:

He added: “But quickly. The trial should go fast. It’s got to be fair, but it’s got to go fast.”

The trial constitutes due process right?
MagRedConv is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 10:31 AM
  #25  
RandomTask
CF Senior Member
 
RandomTask's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2008
Location: Alexandria VA
Posts: 11,134
Received 136 Likes on 96 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MagRedConv View Post
From the article:

He added: ďBut quickly. The trial should go fast. Itís got to be fair, but itís got to go fast.Ē

The trial constitutes due process right?
So no appeals?

https://www.enotes.com/homework-help...ight-an-234123

Last edited by RandomTask; 05-16-2019 at 10:34 AM.
RandomTask is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 10:34 AM
  #26  
Vitoc
CF Senior Member
 
Vitoc's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 40,115
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
When a cop dies in the line of duty, some of these guys literally believe 55 million voting democrats erupt in joyous excitement... which is weird.

I agree with Trump assuming there is irrefutable and infallible evidence, e.g. DNA, body cam, etc.
I'm more worried with mainstream elected Democrats instigating hatred and animosity towards law enforcement and openly embracing violent extremist groups, as they did with Occupy, as they do with Antifa, as they do with BLM.

These aren't fringe Democrats. These are people like Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and most the Democrat Presidential Candidates this election cycle. Why do we tend to lump so many voting liberals & democrats in? Because these are the people they're voting for!

Last edited by Vitoc; 05-16-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Vitoc is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 10:40 AM
  #27  
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: Miami Beach FL
Posts: 12,489
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
If it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt why appeal? But to answer directly, IMO, no.
MagRedConv is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 10:45 AM
  #28  
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
dpd3672's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Posts: 10,868
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vettsplit 63 View Post
I have quoted FBI statistics showing the incidence of assaults on Police Officers, by year, and in specificity that require emergency treatment.. On average, we stand a 1 in 10 chance of being assaulted every year. But there are those right here on this forum who will state that being a garbage worker is more dangerous. I would counter with "When was the last time you heard of someone beating the Hell out of a garbage worker, or shooting him/her?" And they say that departments overreport assaults to get public sympathy. You can't win with these types.
And as I mentioned, those are only the assaults that are documented and prosecuted. I probably charge someone 1 out of 10 times that he swings on me, pushes or spits on me, or otherwise tries to do me harm. It's pretty much the same nationwide. When I worked patrol, I probably didn't go a week without someone attacking me...and I could count on one hand the number of times someone was prosecuted for it.

The reason we get hurt or killed less than some professions is more the result of training, preparedness, and often dumb luck...it ain't for lack of trying.

Last edited by dpd3672; 05-16-2019 at 10:46 AM.
dpd3672 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 10:50 AM
  #29  
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
dpd3672's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Posts: 10,868
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
Would you be OK with harsher sentences for police who use excessive force? Life sentence with no parole? After all, thatís also a crime against society in the sense of establishing a police state. . . ?

Take your issues up with rarely prosecuting those cases w/ the DA. I have no problem imposing harsher sentences on those cases but I DO have a problem with denying people due process.
Generally speaking, when cops are successfully prosecuted, we ARE given harsher sentences.

It may happen more (or less) than many think is fair, usually because the idea of objectively reasonable force is very open to interpretation by a jury.

Not sure if I'd call for life in prison for minor violations of a force policy, but when deadly force is used maliciously and excessively, I'd absolutely support that sentence.

And giving the death penalty for killing a cop isn't a due process issue, it's a sentencing issue. I don't think anyone supports denying due process.

dpd3672 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 10:50 AM
  #30  
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member
 
Dr Bee's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,929
Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Vitoc View Post
I'm more worried with mainstream elected Democrats instigating hatred and animosity towards law enforcement and openly embracing violent extremist groups, as they did with Occupy, as they do with Antifa, as they do with BLM.

These aren't fringe Democrats. These are people like Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and most the Democrat Presidential Candidates this election cycle. Why do we tend to lump so many voting liberals & democrats in? Because these are the people they're voting for!
That's fair. But on the other side we all know I think Trump is a childish clown. I don't think "so many voting conservatives" are also childish clowns just because they voted him in. I do think a sizable number of conservatives are actually embarrassed by Trump but they went to the polls thinking "it's either this guy or Hillary" and the choice was crystal clear.
Dr Bee is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 11:31 AM
  #31  
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member
 
pdiddy972's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,768
Received 356 Likes on 236 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dpd3672 View Post
No objection here. Killing a police officer is more than simply a murder, it's a crime against society.

One of my greatest frustrations is that assaults on officers are rarely prosecuted, relative to their frequency of occurrence, and sentenced trivially when they are. The mindset seems to be that it's "part of the job," which infuriates me. The murder of a police officer usually gets attention and harsh penalties, but not always.
Source?
pdiddy972 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 11:32 AM
  #32  
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
dpd3672's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Posts: 10,868
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
Source?
23 years in the biz not enough for you?
dpd3672 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 11:35 AM
  #33  
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member
 
pdiddy972's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,768
Received 356 Likes on 236 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vettsplit 63 View Post
I have quoted FBI statistics showing the incidence of assaults on Police Officers, by year, and in specificity that require emergency treatment.. On average, we stand a 1 in 10 chance of being assaulted every year. But there are those right here on this forum who will state that being a garbage worker is more dangerous. I would counter with "When was the last time you heard of someone beating the Hell out of a garbage worker, or shooting him/her?" And they say that departments overreport assaults to get public sympathy. You can't win with these types.
It doesn't help your argument that cops charge people with 'assault' for simply touching them.
pdiddy972 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 11:36 AM
  #34  
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: Miami Beach FL
Posts: 12,489
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
It doesn't help your argument that cops charge people with 'assault' for simply touching them.
So what's your take on the actual topic of this thread? How about the article?
MagRedConv is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 11:37 AM
  #35  
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member
 
pdiddy972's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,768
Received 356 Likes on 236 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dpd3672 View Post
23 years in the biz not enough for you?
I prefer hard evidence. All you need is the stats around your claims.
pdiddy972 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 11:38 AM
  #36  
pdiddy972
CF Senior Member
 
pdiddy972's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,768
Received 356 Likes on 236 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MagRedConv View Post
So what's your take on the actual topic of this thread? How about the article?
I don't find police lives to be any more important than anyone else's. And therefore I see no reason their killers should be punished in any way differently.
pdiddy972 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 11:43 AM
  #37  
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
dpd3672's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit MI
Posts: 10,868
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
I prefer hard evidence. All you need is the stats around your claims.
I donít know of any stats that are kept for crimes that are not charged. But assaults are certainly on the rise, thatís fairly well documented.

https://www.policeone.com/injury/art...s-on-the-rise/

Last edited by dpd3672; 05-16-2019 at 11:44 AM.
dpd3672 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 12:36 PM
  #38  
Vitoc
CF Senior Member
 
Vitoc's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 40,115
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
That's fair. But on the other side we all know I think Trump is a childish clown. I don't think "so many voting conservatives" are also childish clowns just because they voted him in. I do think a sizable number of conservatives are actually embarrassed by Trump but they went to the polls thinking "it's either this guy or Hillary" and the choice was crystal clear.
"Childish clown" (your words) vs. numerous (most?) mainstream Democrats openly backing violent extremist groups and inciting violence towards law enforcement

Do you not see the difference?

On a related note, I wonder, has Trump ever referred to the half the law-abiding citizens country that didn't vote for him as "deplorables", "irredeemables", or their home states as "flyover country"? How about "white nationalists", "fascists", "racists", "*****", and other terms of endearment? The vitriol is cranked to a solid 11 on one side, people (cops) are being targeted for murder and in several cases actually murdered, yet you're focused on the "childish clown"? Once again, TDS clouds somebody's judgement.

Last edited by Vitoc; 05-16-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Vitoc is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 12:45 PM
  #39  
vettsplit 63
CF Senior Member
 
vettsplit 63's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: Power tripping Sociopath- has a nice ring to it- I used to be a people person, but people ruined it Texas
Posts: 6,017
Received 99 Likes on 89 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12
Default

Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
It doesn't help your argument that cops charge people with 'assault' for simply touching them.
Bullshit. The FBI statistics are very specific that there has to be a recordable injury.. I have been doing this for 15 years. I know of literally dozens of cases where Officers were assaulted and there were never charges filed. However; I did have a guy who went to prison for 20 years for trying to run me over with a car at 80 miles an hour during a pursuit. I Was able to avoid him and he crashed out. And he told prosecutor he was trying to kill me, and would do it all over again if he got the chance.
vettsplit 63 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 12:57 PM
  #40  
BobG
CF Senior Member
 
BobG's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2000
Location: kalifornia
Posts: 12,518
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Personally, I have nothing but respect and support for what I call "real" cops. (revenue generators do NOT fit in that category). They have a very tough job, and have to deal with the dregs of society that most of us would prefer didn't exist, but thanks to liberals, they are an constantly expanding population.

That said, their lives are no more valuable than any other law abiding citizen, so no, I would not support some sort of "immediate execution for cop killers upon conviction". But I would 110% support a law requiring "immediate execution of obviously guilty murderers, with no ability for plea bargaining or charge reduction of any kind". An example, the scum who shoot up a school and there are many witnesses that this person did in fact commit the crime. Or, an obvious cop killer in similar circumstances with many witnesses or confession, etc. (to stay relevant to the topic) Really anyone who is pretty well caught "red handed" committing their crime. I don't care if they got bad advice from their lawyer, or they had a liberal genius IQ (less than 85), or their daddy paddled them with a belt, or any other b.s. excuse some lawyer comes up with, as once you kill another human being with intent, you no longer belong on this earth.

I limit my support to this concept to only "obvious" murderers. Those who are linked by circumstantial evidence alone should not be executed. A prime example in my mind is scott peterson. I believe he killed his wife, but there just isn't concrete evidence he did in fact do it. Thus, life without parole is an appropriate sentence. Same for OJ, had he been convicted. The standard for taking a human life needs to be very strict, and not able to be manipulated by corrupt liberals like comey and his cronies.
BobG is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cop killers should die ASAP


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: