Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Cop killers should die ASAP

Old 05-16-2019, 08:56 AM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Cop killers should die ASAP

I'm in. What say the PRC brethren?

Trump says cop killers should 'immediately' get death penalty

President Trump said criminals who kill police officers should get the death penalty, returning to his previous calls for harsher punishment.

Trump made the comments during a Wednesday speech for the National Peace Officers’ Memorial Day service on Capitol Hill, an event that honors law enforcement officers who have died on the line of duty.

“The ambushes and attacks on our police must end, and they must end right now,” Trump said. “We believe that criminals who murder police officers should immediately, but with trial, get the death penalty.”

He added: “But quickly. The trial should go fast. It’s got to be fair, but it’s got to go fast.”

Link - https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-death-penalty

Old 05-16-2019, 08:56 AM
LFZ
CF Senior Member

Received 276 Likes on 198 Posts

Cop Killers = Heroes to all D voters.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:57 AM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by LFZ View Post
Yes they are. I wish their (cop killers) supporters could be given the same treatment.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:58 AM
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No objection here. Killing a police officer is more than simply a murder, it's a crime against society.

One of my greatest frustrations is that assaults on officers are rarely prosecuted, relative to their frequency of occurrence, and sentenced trivially when they are. The mindset seems to be that it's "part of the job," which infuriates me. The murder of a police officer usually gets attention and harsh penalties, but not always.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:00 AM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

Received 110 Likes on 103 Posts

Maybe not all, but the vocal minority
Old 05-16-2019, 09:03 AM
steve_n_houston
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Consistent with due process, I have no problem moving the process along more quickly for any murders.

I don't believe, however, that some animals are more equal than others.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:05 AM
Vitoc
CF Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

There's some truth in that, sadly.

I couldn't believe my eyes watching Hillary vilifying law enforcement during the Presidential debates in 2016. Then I thought back over the eight years of Obama abusing the office of POTUS to rail on not just hard-working law-abiding Americans, but also railing on law enforcement. That piece of **** did more to cause division and hatred in this country than any President in history. On the plus side, he took Democrats down a dark anti-American path that paved the way for Trump to get elected in 2016. This issue alone is enough to make me never want to vote for a Democrat, until they collectively apologize ... and we know that will never happen.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:07 AM
H P Bushrod

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

As a fellow LEO, I believe in everyone's right to "due process", But if someone kills a police officer (and convicted of the charge), The killer needs to be publicly executed. No appeals, no sitting on death row living off taxpayer dollars. Give them the same treatment they gave the officer.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:07 AM
2500 hd
CF Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor ‘18-'19

If there is 100% proof that the person killed a cop.
Then execute them the next day...
Old 05-16-2019, 09:20 AM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by H P Bushrod View Post
As a fellow LEO, I believe in everyone's right to "due process", But if someone kills a police officer (and convicted of the charge), The killer needs to be publicly executed. No appeals, no sitting on death row living off taxpayer dollars. Give them the same treatment they gave the officer.
I was told and taught that a person crazy enough to kill a LEO looks at John Q Public as target practice..
Old 05-16-2019, 09:23 AM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by steve_n_houston View Post
Consistent with due process, I have no problem moving the process along more quickly for any murders.

This.

Neither the animals doing the killing nor the animals being killed are better or worse than any other killers or victims.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:25 AM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Justy for cop killers? Why not for everyone? See my previous post.

I don't consider that my job or my previous military career would make me any more of a special victim than anyone else.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:37 AM
Dueysan
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. That being said there should be no differentiation on murder penalties based on the victim’s job. To give extra penalties to crimes against government agents smacks of the US being an out of control police state, which we are...but can we pretend for just a little longer that we’re not. I’ll take door number one and try to hold on to what remnants remain of our Constitutional Republic with, we should all be equal under the law.

Last edited by Dueysan; 05-16-2019 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:41 AM
Powershift
CF Senior Member

Received 640 Likes on 582 Posts

And would prefer hanging or electric chair. Firing squad is also fine for our western states.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:43 AM
H P Bushrod

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by X-ZZ4 View Post
Justy for cop killers? Why not for everyone? See my previous post.

I don't consider that my job or my previous military career would make me any more of a special victim than anyone else.
Neither do I, But we have to do something to reverse the message sent by the previous administration that it's open season on the police. That's my biggest beef.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:48 AM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by glbeauchamp View Post
Maybe not all, but the vocal minority
When a cop dies in the line of duty, some of these guys literally believe 55 million voting democrats erupt in joyous excitement... which is weird.

I agree with Trump assuming there is irrefutable and infallible evidence, e.g. DNA, body cam, etc.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:50 AM
RJB
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steve_n_houston View Post

Old 05-16-2019, 09:55 AM
RandomTask
CF Senior Member

Received 136 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by dpd3672 View Post
No objection here. Killing a police officer is more than simply a murder, it's a crime against society.

One of my greatest frustrations is that assaults on officers are rarely prosecuted, relative to their frequency of occurrence, and sentenced trivially when they are. The mindset seems to be that it's "part of the job," which infuriates me. The murder of a police officer usually gets attention and harsh penalties, but not always.
Would you be OK with harsher sentences for police who use excessive force? Life sentence with no parole? After all, that’s also a crime against society in the sense of establishing a police state. . . ?

Take your issues up with rarely prosecuting those cases w/ the DA. I have no problem imposing harsher sentences on those cases but I DO have a problem with denying people due process.

Last edited by RandomTask; 05-16-2019 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:58 AM
RandomTask
CF Senior Member

Received 136 Likes on 96 Posts

I swear, when your mom finally kicks you out of the basement, you're going to go on a shooting rampage.

You have a serious mental issue.

Last edited by RandomTask; 05-16-2019 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:59 AM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
OP makes a thread stating social media platforms should be taken over/restricted by federal government.
Now same OP makes a thread saying we should do away with due process.

And yet it’s the D’s that are against the constitution. . .

Cool.

Would you be OK with harsher sentences for police who use excessive force? Life sentence with no parole? After all, that’s also a crime against society in the sense of establishing a police state. . . ?

Take your issues up with rarely prosecuting those cases w/ the DA. I have no problem imposing harsher sentences on those cases but I DO have a problem with denying people due process.

Show me the thread on social media you say I started. As far as getting rid of due process, show me where it says that will occur.

Finally, if you CAN'T do either. Shut. The. ****. Up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cop killers should die ASAP

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: