Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

"They're homophobic bigots" didn't work, so let's try the enviro-Nazi angle...

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

"They're homophobic bigots" didn't work, so let's try the enviro-Nazi angle...

Old 05-16-2019, 09:03 AM
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "They're homophobic bigots" didn't work, so let's try the enviro-**** angle...

No idea how I wound up on the Change.org mailing list, but it's always good to get a glimpse into the enemy's war room.

https://www.change.org/p/chick-fil-a...233053&jb=4032

As someone who cares deeply about our environment, I'm writing to ask Chick-Fil-A to STOP using styrofoam cups. The particles created from disposal of these cups are being eaten by wildlife and endangering their lives. Polystyrene is also dangerous to humans, and its chemicals easily leech into our drinks. If we continue to destroy our ecosystem through the irresponsible use of nonbiodegradable materials, our planet will not be able to continue supporting us.

Other food industry giants have stepped up their game and ditched styrofoam for more sustainable packaging. It's time you came on board. Millions of cups get thrown away without a second thought. Even still, you cannot recycle these cups into more cups, and so the production continues along with the destruction of our environment.

Do the right thing, and switch over to paper. It's more eco-friendly, more sustainable, more recyclable, and overall the better choice for your company and the planet. Thank you for your time and your advocacy for us all

Switch to a more eco friendly paper cup
Old 05-16-2019, 09:10 AM
H P Bushrod

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

All of their "change" seems to be nothing but far-left liberal talking points.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:13 AM
steve_n_houston
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dpd3672 View Post
No idea how I wound up on the Change.org mailing list
Clearly you made some wrong choices at some point in your life.

As to the styro cup issue, I'm old enough to remember the uproar about switching from paper to plastic. And now, only a few decades later, we're being told the exact opposite. It's hard to give much credibility to folks who seem to consistently get it wrong (e.g., "we're entering a new ice age" vs "we're all going to burn in twelve years").

Last edited by steve_n_houston; 05-16-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:18 AM
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by steve_n_houston View Post

As to the styro cup issue, I'm old enough to remember the uproar about switching from paper to plastic. And now, only a few decades later, we're being told the exact opposite. It's hard to give much credibility to folks who seem to consistently get it wrong (e.g., "we're entering a new ice age" vs "we're all going to burn in twelve years").
Believe me, brother, this is one of the minor ones.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:20 AM
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by steve_n_houston View Post

Liberals, at their core, are simply betas with control issues. If you accept that premise, almost everything they do, and every position they have, makes perfect sense.

They really don't care about paper, plastic, or styrofoam...they just like telling everyone else what they can and can't do.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:29 AM
Viking0728
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by H P Bushrod View Post
All of their "change" seems to be nothing but far-left liberal talking points.
Does this mean you are Pro Styrofoam cups? I actually don't care what my drink comes in, I don't plan to sip it all day.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:48 AM
H P Bushrod

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Viking0728 View Post
Does this mean you are Pro Styrofoam cups? I actually don't care what my drink comes in, I don't plan to sip it all day.
Neither do I.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:06 AM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

Received 110 Likes on 103 Posts

As to how you got on the change website, a friend of mine signed me up for the 2008 hildabeast for senate as a joke. Hahaha I thought. I sent then $100 in Monopoly money and never heard back from them. I was depressed for nanoseconds.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:54 PM
SilverC1
CF Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

To me, the issue isn't what the cup is made of, as much as getting people to not litter. I would be in favor of increased fines and/or tickets for people throwing garbage on the ground, or out their car windows....

That said, I do think it's preferable to use paper where suitable, instead of plastic. Trees being a renewable resource, if managed responsibly.....

Interestingly, our local garbage service, which gives us three bins (landfill, recycling, and yard waste / compostables) is now advising us that some types of technically-recyclable plastics are not "worth" recycling, so just put them in the landfill bin. And for some kinds of paper products we are now being told to put them into the green bin with yard waste and compostables.

The economics of recycling are constantly changing.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:32 PM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Viking0728 View Post
No.

It simply means some of us are more than capable of choosing our cups, choosing our restaurants, and choosing whether to give a **** or not. We don't want nor need ninnie do-gooders telling us what to do.

But hey, if that's your thing, don't choose Chic-Fil-A. But that's your choice. Let us make our choice.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:56 PM
RandolphB
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It must have been 25 years ago that McDonalds had two tween girls protest their use of Styrofoam for burgers. They pointed out that the majority of the containers were trashed at locations and recycled. They even ran their own recycling places. Styrofoam can be recycled endlessly. The girls demanded the use of paper boxes. They went on and on about them being made out of recycled materials. Which is true. ONCE. Because once paper gets oil/ grease on it, it can no longer be recycled. Paper is one of the worst, most NON-recyclable materials out there. Even the best recycled paper products can only contain a portion of recycled materials. So glad everybody is so in touch with their emotions instead of their logic.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:16 PM
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-19

Good idea. Does this mean Starbucks will stop using the green plastic stoppers, lids, and water bottles as well?
Old 05-16-2019, 05:19 PM
Viking0728
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by X-ZZ4 View Post
No.

It simply means some of us are more than capable of choosing our cups, choosing our restaurants, and choosing whether to give a **** or not. We don't want nor need ninnie do-gooders telling us what to do.

But hey, if that's your thing, don't choose Chic-Fil-A. But that's your choice. Let us make our choice.
Gotta watch out for those ninnie do-gooders and their environmental concerns...

Who is "us", the pro polystyrene foam club?
Old 05-16-2019, 05:30 PM
Torqaholic
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

What happened to saving the trees? Can't please people who think sticking their nose into the business of others is a lifestyle choice. Give them paper cups and it won't be long until they want people lined up slurping out troughs like animals.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "They're homophobic bigots" didn't work, so let's try the enviro-Nazi angle...

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: