Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Boom Market opens with dow down 300 points

 
Old 05-31-2019, 10:30 AM
  #1  
Road machine
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Road machine's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,122
Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Boom Market opens with dow down 300 points

Boom Trumps idiocy is further threatening our economy with the market opening way down after Trump announced new tariffs on Mexico. Shares of GM dropped more than 5%. Ford lost 4%. Both have significant production in Mexico that could be subject to tariffs. Shares of railroads Kansas City Southern and Union Pacific also fell. Fiat Chrysler traded 5.4% lower.

Also China is now targeting companies in retaliation to higher tariffs and sanctions against Chinese companies.

The very stable genius is going to kill the one thing that was going to get him reelected. The economy.
Road machine is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:31 AM
  #2  
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!
 
KenHorse's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Posts: 105,180
Received 1,113 Likes on 728 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18
Default

Only a moron look at short term trends in the stock market
KenHorse is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:31 AM
  #3  
LFZ
CF Senior Member
 
LFZ's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2003
Location: Lake Norman NC
Posts: 27,523
Received 276 Likes on 198 Posts
Default

**** Mexico and your precious democrat illegals coming here.
LFZ is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:32 AM
  #4  
_Will_
CF Senior Member
 
_Will_'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis
Posts: 27,785
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

Please explain Trump's other options for unilaterally dealing with China's economic theft/aggression and Mexico's border aggresion.

I don't like seeing my equities decline but I support the President because I support America and actually fighting back.

Congress, under both the GOP and the Dems, has done nothing for decades and since Trump was innaugurated that trend has continued.

_Will_ is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:33 AM
  #5  
KarlK
CF Senior Member
 
KarlK's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2006
Location: No, I'm not related to PeterK
Posts: 45,513
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

Oh well, a little pain, a little manufacturer influence on the Mexican government and Mexico will see the error of there ways.
Genius move.
KarlK is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:34 AM
  #6  
pewter99
Admin
Support Corvetteforum!
 
pewter99's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 1999
Location: Here
Posts: 165,034
Received 535 Likes on 355 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Default

Boom, typical troll thread
pewter99 is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:34 AM
  #7  
GreyHawk
CF Senior Member
 
GreyHawk's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2000
Location: Summerville SC
Posts: 7,460
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

A bit of advice for you "Buy high, Sell low". Someone has to do it.
GreyHawk is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:36 AM
  #8  
gs568
CF Senior Member
 
gs568's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2001
Location: 24 Willie Mays Plaza S.F. California
Posts: 45,005
Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

The sky is falling.
gs568 is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:39 AM
  #9  
Ted P
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Ted P's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2006
Location: Streamwood Ill
Posts: 1,846
Received 99 Likes on 63 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by _Will_ View Post
Please explain Trump's other options for unilaterally dealing with China's economic theft/aggression and Mexico's border aggresion.

I don't like seeing my equities decline but I support the President because I support America and actually fighting back.

Congress, under both the GOP and the Dems, has done nothing for decades and since Trump was innaugurated that trend has continued.

problem with his China strategy is China's leader is there for life. They can play the long game and see if Trump will even be there after 2020. They know Trump needs a strong economy to have any chance to get re-elected. He may be sinking himself
Ted P is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:45 AM
  #10  
Road machine
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Road machine's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,122
Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by _Will_ View Post
Please explain Trump's other options for unilaterally dealing with China's economic theft/aggression and Mexico's border aggresion.

I don't like seeing my equities decline but I support the President because I support America and actually fighting back.

Congress, under both the GOP and the Dems, has done nothing for decades and since Trump was innaugurated that trend has continued.

China was certainly a problem, and I was all for going after them....but the first thing Trump did was alienate our allies with tariffs on them....then he backed out of TPP which was all about putting China in a weaker position. Since the end of TPP China has grown in strength, and is now controlling rare earths in not only China, but also Brazil, Vietnam, and the entire African continent. They made deals in Afgahnistan to buy up their mineral rights while we were at war there. We cannot go it alone against the world....and as much as I hate the unfair things China has been doing for years, the answer is not a sudden and harmful retreat from the existing reality of a global market. That can only bring economic harm to the USA, and the world.....and anybody that thinks we can bully a Communist dictatorship into doing things our way is sadly misinformed. The Chinese will gladly starve for decades and have before to follow the orders of their government.....our people would not even pay a few dollars more to buy American and save their own jobs.

Last edited by Road machine; 05-31-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Road machine is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:49 AM
  #11  
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member
 
Derrick Reynolds's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: In limbo
Posts: 16,511
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18
Default

Oh no! The Dow is down 1%. My God, how will we survive?

If the Mexicans would start doing what they were supposed to be doing all along, they won't have to pay one thin dime of tariff.
Derrick Reynolds is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:52 AM
  #12  
tistan
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Posts: 912
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Road machine View Post
China was certainly a problem, and I was all for going after them....but the first thing Trump did was alienate our allies with tariffs on them....then he backed out of TPP which was all about putting China in a weaker position. Since the end of TPP China has grown in strength, and is now controlling rare earths in not only China, but also Brazil, Vietnam, and the entire African continent. They made deals in Afgahnistan to buy up their mineral rights while we were at war there. We cannot go it alone against the world....and as much as I hate the unfair things China has been doing for years, the answer is not a sudden and harmful retreat from the existing reality of a global market. That can only bring economic harm to the USA, and the world.....and anybody that thinks we can bully a Communist dictatorship into doing things our way is sadly misinformed. The Chinese will gladly starve for decades and have before to follow the orders of their government.....our people would not even pay a few dollars more to buy American and save their own jobs.
I'll just check with Ronald Reagan for accuracy in your statement.
tistan is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:54 AM
  #13  
KarlK
CF Senior Member
 
KarlK's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2006
Location: No, I'm not related to PeterK
Posts: 45,513
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

pfffff......the market drops 300 points if Mueller farts, wgaff?
I hope it drops at least 3-5K = opportunities
KarlK is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:57 AM
  #14  
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member
 
GARYFINN's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2008
Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Posts: 43,981
Received 271 Likes on 153 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
Only a moron look at short term trends in the stock market
Well there ya go !!
GARYFINN is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:57 AM
  #15  
Road machine
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Road machine's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,122
Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Derrick Reynolds View Post
Oh no! The Dow is down 1%. My God, how will we survive?

If the Mexicans would start doing what they were supposed to be doing all along, they won't have to pay one thin dime of tariff.

They don't pay...we do. Who pays corporate taxes???? The answer has always been obvious.....those taxes are passed on to the consumer. Who pays for tariffs??? Sure we can play games and say the Importers....and what do they do??? Just like any other corporation they pass it on to the consumer.
And what is it that you think Mexico is supposed to do??? Should they have built a wall like in Berlin to keep their citizens in??? Republicans controlled the White house and both houses of congress for two years and never passed any changes to immigration policy. Why?? Because business needs those people who cross the border.....it is how they stay profitable...it is how they put food on your table. And if you really believe that it is because democrats want them to vote for them, I have a bridge to sell you.
Road machine is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:58 AM
  #16  
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member
 
GARYFINN's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2008
Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Posts: 43,981
Received 271 Likes on 153 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Road machine View Post
China was certainly a problem, and I was all for going after them....but the first thing Trump did was alienate our allies with tariffs on them....then he backed out of TPP which was all about putting China in a weaker position. Since the end of TPP China has grown in strength, and is now controlling rare earths in not only China, but also Brazil, Vietnam, and the entire African continent. They made deals in Afgahnistan to buy up their mineral rights while we were at war there. We cannot go it alone against the world....and as much as I hate the unfair things China has been doing for years, the answer is not a sudden and harmful retreat from the existing reality of a global market. That can only bring economic harm to the USA, and the world.....and anybody that thinks we can bully a Communist dictatorship into doing things our way is sadly misinformed. The Chinese will gladly starve for decades and have before to follow the orders of their government.....our people would not even pay a few dollars more to buy American and save their own jobs.
Tell us what your Obama did
GARYFINN is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:58 AM
  #17  
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
1%r's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2003
Location: Americans First
Posts: 74,414
Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Default

Originally Posted by pewter99 View Post
Boom, typical troll thread
hey establishment globalists are upset that their play along to get along policy is no more after screwing the middle class for decades. too bad

Last edited by 1%r; 05-31-2019 at 10:58 AM.
1%r is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 11:02 AM
  #18  
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member
 
Derrick Reynolds's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: In limbo
Posts: 16,511
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18
Default

Originally Posted by Road machine View Post
They don't pay...we do. Who pays corporate taxes???? The answer has always been obvious.....those taxes are passed on to the consumer. Who pays for tariffs??? Sure we can play games and say the Importers....and what do they do??? Just like any other corporation they pass it on to the consumer.
And what is it that you think Mexico is supposed to do??? Should they have built a wall like in Berlin to keep their citizens in??? Republicans controlled the White house and both houses of congress for two years and never passed any changes to immigration policy. Why?? Because business needs those people who cross the border.....it is how they stay profitable...it is how they put food on your table. And if you really believe that it is because democrats want them to vote for them, I have a bridge to sell you.
Sure, let's play it your way, and I'll rephrase: If Mexico would just start doing what they were supposed to be doing all along, NOBODY will have to pay a dime of this tariff.

Better?

The idea that the Repubs had control of the House and Senate from 2017-2019 is absurd. Way too many RINOs to get anything accomplished.
Derrick Reynolds is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 11:04 AM
  #19  
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
69L46's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2000
Location: In the heart of Bulldog territory..
Posts: 28,059
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-19
Default

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
Only a moron look at short term trends in the stock market

Consider the source.
69L46 is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 11:06 AM
  #20  
Rock-it Man
CF Senior Member
 
Rock-it Man's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2005
Posts: 36,234
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Every day Trump finds a new way to hurt America.
Rock-it Man is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boom Market opens with dow down 300 points


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: