Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Is Islam a Religion?

Old 06-11-2019, 11:11 AM
doorgunner
Doorgunner's '68 Project
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 848 Likes on 759 Posts

Cliff Notes...….....

According to the "Man-made" definition of Religion*, any "Idea" supported by enough followers can become a "Religion".
Cult* and Religion* are very close in meaning as we have discovered.
Nearly all Cults* and Religions* use violence as a last resort to enforce their beliefs.
Christianity* was labeled a Cult* by kings in it's early days, but for much different reasons than we normally expect:
For the first 300 years of Christianity it's followers NEVER used violence to promote or defend itself.
"Christian" was not an "endearing term": it was a term mocking believers in Jesus Christ."Little Christs".
A modern term would be "Little Wimps", or worse..."Little P***ies".
King Constantine "made" it seem desirable to be a Christian*after offering Christians* the right to bear arms if they defended his kingdom and vowed not to turn against him.

I won't spend muchtime on Islam. All a person has to do is read ALL of the Koran to understand it's Goal.

Just as the Bible can be (mis)represented to promote Hatred, so can the Koran be (mis)represented to promote Good.
Both Books must be read completely to understand the difference.

Here is the "Kicker". God's definition of RELIGION is quite different than man's definition. In fact, it has nothing to do with Man-Made Religion...……...

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction,
and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
________________________________________ ________________________________________ ___________________

Islam's interesting scriptures/revelations...……below is a small portion of their beliefs...……..

But because of their (Jews) breach of their covenant, We cursed them, and made their hearts grow hard;
they change the words from their (right) places and forget a good part of the message that was sent them,
nor wilt thou cease to find them- barring a few - ever bent on (new) deceits...

From those, too, who call themselves Christians, We did take a covenant, but they forgot a good part of the message that was sent them: so we estranged them, with enmity and hatred between the one and the other, to the day of judgment.
And soon will Allah show them what it is they have done.

In blasphemy indeed are those that say that Allah is Christ the son of Mary. Say: "Who then hath the least power against Allah, if His will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all every - one that is on the earth?

(Both) the Jews and the Christians say: "We are sons of Allah, and his beloved." Say: "Why then doth He punish you for your sins?
Nay, ye are but men,- of the men he hath created: He forgiveth whom He pleaseth, and He punisheth whom He pleaseth:
and to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between: and unto Him is the final goal (of all)"

Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them):
thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens.
...But those who reject ((Allah)),- for them is destruction, and ((Allah)) will render their deeds astray (from their mark).
while those who reject Allah will enjoy (this world) and eat as cattle eat; and the Fire will be their abode.

O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors:
They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them.
Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.

They do blaspheme who say: "(Allah) is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. Seest thou not how thy Lord dealt with the Companions of the Elephant?

2. Did He not make their treacherous plan go astray?

3. And He sent against them Flights of Birds,

4. Striking them with stones of baked clay.

5. Then did He make them like an empty field of stalks and straw, (of which the corn) has been eaten up.

________________________________________ ________________________________________ ________________________

For those who detest Christianity, I can understand. Christianity has been brought down to the level of "undefiled" Islam.
To those who accept Islam, I can understand. Islam has been promoted to be superior to the modern hypocrisy that is Christianity.

To repeat...…...

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction,
and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:34 AM
Rock-it Man
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Islam today is about where Catholicism was 800 years ago. Does anyone question that Catholicism is a religion?
Old 06-11-2019, 11:36 AM
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Originally Posted by Rock-it Man View Post
Islam today is about where Catholicism was 800 years ago. Does anyone question that Catholicism is a religion?
is that what the article is about?
Old 06-11-2019, 11:36 AM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts

islam has been there the entire time and still remains there, as it will until it is the only game in town.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:41 AM
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Received 1,142 Likes on 746 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Islam today is about where Catholicism was 800 years ago.
Sadly, you don't see what you did there
Old 06-11-2019, 11:51 AM
GR8-LIFE
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OnPoint View Post
IMO the God of Christianity is distinct from Yahweh and Allah, and thus not the "same" God as the other two cults worship. Jews and Muslims reject the notion of the Triune God of Christianity, and Christians reject any notion of God that isn't a Triune God. I understand the argument that all three worship the "same" God, but I don't see it as accurate on this basis. This is a pretty significant point of departure.

From a true theology standpoint, they all do in fact believe in 1 deity or ONE higher power that created all of life . You can Call Him God, Allah, Hashem or any other name. - they all refer to 1 Higher Power . But each belief claims that another is incorrect with respect to how that 1 God, Higher power etc requires man to live his life

Each also has their own view on the Messianic concept, a concept that originated with Judaism
Old 06-11-2019, 11:54 AM
su8pack1
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

It's a cult disease with the sole intend of taking over the planet.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:57 AM
GR8-LIFE
CF Senior Member

Ya, you can definitely argue that AT one time if one didnt believe in Christianity they were imprisoned or beheaded
Heck, if you were thought to be a witch , you were burned to death!

Man's ignorance has resulted in so much killing and persecuton Sadly, It still does today

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 06-11-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:57 AM
VITE1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Port St Lucie FL Life is hard, Then you die, FL USA
Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Islam is a political and financial ideology wrapped up in religious clothing.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:00 PM
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
SO easy/simple to eliminate the cult, set them bacn ~200 years, First thing is to get ALL of our personnel outta islamic lands.....

THEN to bomb/destroy EVERY power plant in ALL of islam, no electric means no airports, no communications, no lights, and most important......NO WATER, so the cities empty out and look for some oasis or riverbank.....fight it out among themselves for water......

without electricity, their existence ceases......back to stone age....

Russia/etc and supply all the oil/gas that Europe needs, so can India and China.....WE can keep our oil and gas to ourselves.....

OH, edit....we take their $$$$ and credit out national debt account.....since we then control ALL of the financial computers worth mentioning, they are broke...
I love the idea but what about now. How do we get them out of America and Europe? I think it we should offer them a fair amount for the land, houses and holdings they have and then put them on a ship back to the desert where they belong. That seems fair and humane. That would free up alot more jobs for snow flakes and homeless people. I would pay extra tax to do this.

Last edited by gixxerbill; 06-11-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:05 PM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I love the idea but what about now. How do we get them out of America and Europe? I think it we should offer them a fair amount for the land, houses and holdings they have and then put them on a ship back to the desert where they belong. That seems fair and humane. That would free up alot more jobs for snow flakes and homeless people. I would pay extra tax to do this.
Depends on how serious one is. I for one don't believe in cutting the tail off of the snake therefore I suggest firearms of all shapes and sizes.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:25 PM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1%r View Post
militarized political theocracy hiding behind the guise of a religion
This.

Got to give the founder credit for understanding he could plagiarize, twist and use a religious script in leveraging a powerful aspect of humanity to enslave an entire nation and then work his way out. Problem was he miscalculated and wrongly assumed his fake version of religion would have the same global impact Christianity had. He also wrongly assumed the stupid infidels would never figure out his strategy of using a religious cover, to hide his world conquest initiative. What worked so well in his little secluded neck of the woods as a cultural identity based religious concept, didn't work so well when he left his sandbox and he soon met stiff resistance that only solidified. The resistance became harder and harder to breach and soon became a campaign as the true intent of the radical cult movement was understood. The Islamic state knows the truth behind their fake religion of peace, but they continue to use it to brainwash their own, to work on their behalf and will gladly sacrifice their own people to achieve the desired goals.

History has demonstrated time and time again, that radical Islamic ideology will first be viewed with skepticism, then recognized as something of concern, then eventually identified as the true threat it is. At that point the radical lunatics peddling it, are taken on, beaten soundly and sent packing back to their sand land hovels to regroup. But radical islamist have embraced the concept of persistence and determination. They have learned to keep the radical dream alive by the well polished procedure of brainwashing generation after generation, to radically embrace a false façade of morality and religious fervor, which only prepares them to blindly follow the orders of their masters. This is simply accomplished by giving the naïve and gullible false hope and filling their weakened minds with visions of a paradise, none of the radical disposable convert degenerates will ever see. The radical islamist are well organized and are constantly refining their strategies of attack, but some are still deceived believing islam is no longer a radical cult.

These radical degenerates have been taught through pain, loss of life and blood shed, that they cannot apply the same one size fits all approach any longer and must tailor their strategy for each intended target to gain a foothold and then expand their influence. They have identified that any society that embraces the gullible and naïve ideologies of liberalism, are prime targets to be exploited and capitalized on. One need look no further than the European nations to see how effective their strategies have been when brought to bear against nations that have fully embraced liberalism ideologies. They have learned to fully exploit the known weaknesses of these societies who have blindly and mindlessly accepted the liberalism ideology, bowing down to the demands of the self serving power mongers, who don't care about the cost of attaining their power and influence.

In a twisted poetic sense of justice, those same devious and dishonest power mongers who pushed the leftist liberal agenda, end up losing all they gained to their new Islamic masters who used their own self serving platforms against them.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Rock-it Man
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
Sadly, you don't see what you did there
Pretty sure I do see.

Religions have a grim history; atrocities committed in their name and political dynasties supported or even created. "Nice" religions are a modern fantasy.

Oh and BTW some of the people who signed the Bill of Rights were slave owners, so I wouldn't attribute too much moral value to their "freedom of religion" idea. They were most likely just thinking of their religion vs the king's.

Kinda like righties today, who are here in this thread arguing that their religion is good and some others don't even count as religions.

Last edited by Rock-it Man; 06-11-2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:51 PM
Brunello
CF Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

As is Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism ... Every and any faith is easily perverted to meet the needs of it’s adherents. Faith is fine, it’s people that are fucked.

Islam is a religion and is no worse or better in the aggregate. It’s just currently acceptable to this kind of religious bigot.

Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post

Last edited by Brunello; 06-11-2019 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:57 PM
OnPoint
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,998 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Originally Posted by GR8-LIFE View Post
From a true theology standpoint, they all do in fact believe in 1 deity or ONE higher power that created all of life . You can Call Him God, Allah, Hashem or any other name. - they all refer to 1 Higher Power . But each belief claims that another is incorrect with respect to how that 1 God, Higher power etc requires man to live his life

Each also has their own view on the Messianic concept, a concept that originated with Judaism
I agree they all believe in one God. That said, Christianity's Triune God by its very definition is more than a messianic distinction. The Christian creed declares the Son and Holy Spirit as co-existent, and eternal with the Father - consubstantial - and such is a very different God than that believed by Jews and Muslims.

I'm not disputing the Abrahamic roots, nor the different messianic positions. But the eternal co-existence of the three persons of God that Christians hold to, IMO render it a different God than that of Judaism and Islam.

It is a genuine point of marked departure.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:02 PM
GR8-LIFE
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
A cult and a religion.
kinda like a floor wax and a dessert topping
Old 06-11-2019, 01:19 PM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by GR8-LIFE View Post
kinda like a floor wax and a dessert topping
I for one remember that skit.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:21 PM
BLZNSDL
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
ding

basicly the pope is an ayatollah with no cross to bear
Old 06-11-2019, 01:22 PM
GR8-LIFE
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by OnPoint View Post
I agree they all believe in one God. That said, Christianity's Triune God by its very definition is more than a messianic distinction. The Christian creed declares the Son and Holy Spirit as co-existent, and eternal with the Father - consubstantial - and such is a very different God than that believed by Jews and Muslims.

I'm not disputing the Abrahamic roots, nor the different messianic positions. But the eternal co-existence of the three persons of God that Christians hold to, IMO render it a different God than that of Judaism and Islam.

It is a genuine point of marked departure.

Oh I definitely agree with you . Jews for example do not believe that man is divine (while separating messianism from divinity.) So, yes, you can argue a different God. .But I was looking at it from a pure general theological as well as philosophcal standpoint. They all believe in 1 creator and based on this, one can also argue a different "view" of God rather than a different God

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 06-11-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:23 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
A cult and a religion.
but not a race

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is Islam a Religion?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: