Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Is Islam a Religion?

Old 06-11-2019, 01:24 PM
OnPoint
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,976 Likes on 1,119 Posts

Originally Posted by GR8-LIFE View Post
Oh I definitely agree with you . Jews for example do not believe that man is divine (while separating messianism from divinity.) So, yes, you can argue a different God. .But I was looking at it from a pure general theological as well as philosophcal standpoint. They all believe in 1 creator and based on this, one can also argue a different "view" of God rather than a different God

Old 06-11-2019, 01:26 PM
Sifu-TZ
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
but not a race
DEFINITELY not a race.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:29 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by owebo View Post
You mean the cult...

Same thing.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:34 PM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-it Man View Post
Pretty sure I do see.

Religions have a grim history; atrocities committed in their name and political dynasties supported or even created. "Nice" religions are a modern fantasy.

Oh and BTW some of the people who signed the Bill of Rights were slave owners, so I wouldn't attribute too much moral value to their "freedom of religion" idea. They were most likely just thinking of their religion vs the king's.

Kinda like righties today, who are here in this thread arguing that their religion is good and some others don't even count as religions.
Yeah, some of them black folks were slave owners too, guess they were lacking in moral values huh...man are you people bigots.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:35 PM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brunello View Post
As is Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism ... Every and any faith is easily perverted to meet the needs of itís adherents. Faith is fine, itís people that are fucked.

Islam is a religion and is no worse or better in the aggregate. Itís just currently acceptable to this kind of religious bigot.
Radical islamist like people like you, who actually believe their little sham is a religion. You are a gift that just keeps on giving.....for them.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:45 PM
VITE1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Port St Lucie FL Life is hard, Then you die, FL USA
Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

As is Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism ... Every and any faith is easily perverted to meet the needs of itís adherents. Faith is fine, itís people that are fucked.

Islam is a religion and is no worse or better in the aggregate. Itís just currently acceptable to this kind of religious bigot.

When was the last time you have read the Koran? Have you worked with and studied with people who have studied it for years?

I first read it in college while a student of a advisor to Cyprus Vance, then Sec state of USA under Clinton. He was his go to guy on the ME.

You are wrong. Becuase you are ignorant of the facts.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:50 PM
BobG
CF Senior Member

I agree the general elements of what most would apply to a religion exist in islam. However, there are many elements that exist that are do not. Chief among those is the absence of the sanctity of all human life, barring some heinous action that once committed, forfeits the right to life as a result. The muzzies worship the brutal murder of those who's only crime is they do not "think" like they do, with over 100 passages in their religious sacraments calling for the brutal murder simply for not observing their butt sniffing ceremonies.

Can you think of any other organized religion that demands those who do not subscribe to it's beliefs that demands it's followers to brutally murder those who do not follow their beliefs? I'm no expert of all religions, but I can't. And for that fact alone, I do not see islam as a "religion", as much as a violent gang of cultists who only wish to murder me because i don't smell butts 50 times a day when the bell rings.

And before the idiotic liberals start screaming about Christians who have killed solely because someone did not believe in God the way they want, I agree 100% that they are/were totally wrong, as it is not their job, but rather God's role to be the judge. But that is not the religion, but rather the corrupt man, applying it for their own interests.

What amazes me about the liberal morons elevation of muzzies to some super identity group level is what their dogma says about perverts. How do liberals justify such a paradox? What does the rectangular box on the wall tell you about this?
Old 06-11-2019, 03:08 PM
LFZ
CF Senior Member

Received 276 Likes on 198 Posts

Islam is a cult that glorifies pedophilia, rape, the killing of innocent people, and personal sacrifice so that you can drench yourself with 72 virgins in the heavens. No wonder liberal democrat progressives love it so much......they fit right in.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:14 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 20 Posts

It is specifically a cult, and I differentiate it from religions based on one simple but critical distinction. What's the penalty for leaving the Jewish faith? What's the penalty for leaving the Christian faith? Now what's the penalty for leaving the cult of islam?
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
When was the last time you have read the Koran? Have you worked with and studied with people who have studied it for years?

I first read it in college while a student of a advisor to Cyprus Vance, then Sec state of USA under Clinton. He was his go to guy on the ME.

You are wrong. Becuase you are ignorant of the facts.
I read it about two years ago. Absolutely stupid book with no redeeming value whatsoever. But I read it so I would know what I was talking about when I made the statement that islam is a cult and muhammed was an evil pedophile warload.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:23 PM
GR8-LIFE
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BobG View Post
I agree the general elements of what most would apply to a religion exist in islam. However, there are many elements that exist that are do not. Chief among those is the absence of the sanctity of all human life, barring some heinous action that once committed, forfeits the right to life as a result. The muzzies worship the brutal murder of those who's only crime is they do not "think" like they do, with over 100 passages in their religious sacraments calling for the brutal murder simply for not observing their butt sniffing ceremonies.

Can you think of any other organized religion that demands those who do not subscribe to it's beliefs that demands it's followers to brutally murder those who do not follow their beliefs? I'm no expert of all religions, but I can't. And for that fact alone, I do not see islam as a "religion", as much as a violent gang of cultists who only wish to murder me because i don't smell butts 50 times a day when the bell rings.

And before the idiotic liberals start screaming about Christians who have killed solely because someone did not believe in God the way they want, I agree 100% that they are/were totally wrong, as it is not their job, but rather God's role to be the judge. But that is not the religion, but rather the corrupt man, applying it for their own interests.

What amazes me about the liberal morons elevation of muzzies to some super identity group level is what their dogma says about perverts. How do liberals justify such a paradox? What does the rectangular box on the wall tell you about this?
I think we need to reserve judgement until we sit down and discuss the Quoran written, in aramaic (not english) , with a muslim cleric who is devout to his beliefs
I say this this no differently than wanting to sit down with a Rabbi who understands Hebrew so that I can understand the original 5 books of moses as they were
originally written in their native language of Hebrew

Anyway, I have known plenty of devout muslims and I dont see them going around killing everyone who doesn't share their beliefs. With over 7 billion people on this planet, I think at the end of the day, we all just want to get along (well, most of us anyway)
Old 06-11-2019, 03:55 PM
BobG
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by GR8-LIFE View Post
I think we need to reserve judgement until we sit down and discuss the Quoran written, in aramaic (not english) , with a muslim cleric who is devout to his beliefs
I say this this no differently than wanting to sit down with a Rabbi who understands Hebrew so that I can understand the original 5 books of moses as they were
originally written in their native language of Hebrew

Anyway, I have known plenty of devout muslims and I dont see them going around killing everyone who doesn't share their beliefs. With over 7 billion people on this planet, I think at the end of the day, we all just want to get along (well, most of us anyway)
reserve judgement all YOU want. But I see about 1400 years worth of evidence and millions and millions of brutally murdered people that tell me all I need to know about what they do. You are right, there are people of all faiths who do not wish to kill others, just as there are people of all faiths who DO wish to do so. But what is the scorecard from the last 20 years or so of muzzy victims of religious murders versus Christian, or Jewish, or Hindu, any other major religious group? I think we'll find the scorecard is pretty lopsided, indicating just how blood thirsty these people truly are. I'd say that track record speaks a whole lot louder than some guy who's religion tells him to LIE to non believers in order to achieve it's oppressive goals.

Let's face it, if your religious foundation includes the glorification of murdering innocent people, it's just not a civilized religion, and doesn't belong in civilized society in ANY fashion.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Brunello
CF Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Truth be told, none of us really get a vote on someone elseís belief system. Plenty on here acting like they do or should. Too many all over the world are so insecure in their deistic endeavors that they fall into the trap of demanding that others only believe as they do. In this country, we almost have a choice though we continue to have various forces vieing to install their theocratic vision on the rest of us. Zealots of any stripe can be a danger to the collective good and no group is exempt. For all the talk of freedom, we only secure that for ourselves when it is equally guaranteed to others.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:37 PM
BobG
CF Senior Member

Truth be told, none of us really get a vote on someone elseís belief system. Plenty on here acting like they do or should. Too many all over the world are so insecure in their deistic endeavors that they fall into the trap of demanding that others only believe as they do. In this country, we almost have a choice though we continue to have various forces vieing to install their theocratic vision on the rest of us. Zealots of any stripe can be a danger to the collective good and no group is exempt. For all the talk of freedom, we only secure that for ourselves when it is equally guaranteed to others.
blah blah blah...So, what would you think about a "religion" that had as part of it's core principles of brutally murdering liberals? And if it had a 1400 year documented history of doing exactly that, would you think the people who practice that "religion" should be tolerated in this country, or was the sort of group that the founders of this country were thinking about when they established the guiding principles of freedom of religion? Hasn't our law abiding country established laws making it a crime to plan to commit crimes?

Or, if that example is too close to home, what about the "religions" that practice their form of "worship" by mutilating live animals? Are we supposed to ignore the laws against cruelty to animals so we can be "tolerant" of their deviant belief systems?
Old 06-11-2019, 04:52 PM
VITE1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In X Veteran

Originally Posted by VegasJen View Post
It is specifically a cult, and I differentiate it from religions based on one simple but critical distinction. What's the penalty for leaving the Jewish faith? What's the penalty for leaving the Christian faith? Now what's the penalty for leaving the cult of islam?
I read it about two years ago. Absolutely stupid book with no redeeming value whatsoever. But I read it so I would know what I was talking about when I made the statement that islam is a cult and muhammed was an evil pedophile warload.
Try reading it again after understanding the "Abrogation" in the Koran.

Naskh' (نسخ) is an Arabic word usually translated as "abrogation". In Islamiclegal exegesis (or tafsir), Naskh is a theory developed to resolve seemingly contradictory rulings of Islamic revelation by superseding or canceling the earlier revelation. In the widely recognized[1] and "classic" form of naskh,[2][3] an Islamic regulation/ruling (hukm) is abrogated in favor of another, but the text the hukm is based on is not eliminated.[4]
The Theory is that as Mo got older Gabriel told him more of the truth. Fact is Mo became a mean blood thirty tyranny that liked little girls as he got older and wanted the world to feel his wrath.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:54 PM
VITE1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In X Veteran

1400 years of Islamic history shows that they DO vote on other belief system and they then take it away by force or exterminate those who refuse to convert. But don;t let reality get in the way of your liberal bias. You never do.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:06 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Full of ****. Let's do a comparative study. What's the number of "militant" Christians or Jews? What? Maybe 1 in a 1000? Maybe? Now what's the number of "militant" (fundamentalist) islamists? More like 900 in 1000. And of the 100 left over, they may not themselves be militant, but they don't oppose the work the militants do.
Try reading it again after understanding the "Abrogation" in the Koran.

The Theory is that as Mo got older Gabriel told him more of the truth. Fact is Mo became a mean blood thirty tyranny that liked little girls as he got older and wanted the world to feel his wrath.
I fail to see how what I said contradicts what you said, other than I don't believe for one minute that Gabriel ever spoke to muhammed. He heard of Judaism and Christianity and then invented his cult to piggy-back off those beliefs. It was all 100% self-serving on his part.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:12 PM
KEZ06
CF Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by C3DeedlyDee
So it's a religion.
So you are retarded.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:15 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by KEZ06 View Post
So you are retarded.
Unlikely. More likely, just a leftists shill who's been assigned to infiltrate any forum that has a right leaning bent.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:15 PM
VITE1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In X Veteran

Originally Posted by VegasJen View Post
I fail to see how what I said contradicts what you said, other than I don't believe for one minute that Gabriel ever spoke to muhammed. He heard of Judaism and Christianity and then invented his cult to piggy-back off those beliefs. It was all 100% self-serving on his part.
I was not contradicting you. If you take Abrogation into account no one on their right mind would want to have anything to do with Idlam. That's why they have so many nut cases.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:17 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

I was not contradicting you. If you take Abrogation into account no one on their right mind would want to have anything to do with Idlam. That's why they have so many nut cases.
Fair enough. But your point is obviously valid. The pedophile warlord, muhammed, was just making it up "on the fly", so he had to frequently go back and undo what he had done previously.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is Islam a Religion?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: