Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

The freaks speak about the biggest threats to gay rights!

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

The freaks speak about the biggest threats to gay rights!

Old 06-11-2019, 11:58 PM
H P Bushrod

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-Ď18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by mdaniel View Post
Iím proud that Iím not a piece of sh*it who rejoices in denying basic human rights to my brothers and sisters.
GLBT Pride events arenít so much that weíre proud of our differences in what should be unimportant ways, but that we recognize that if we donít have a certain level of mutual support weíll continue to be victimized.
It wasnít long ago that gays could be summarily fired for no other reason than their sexual preference, denied home ownership, prohibited from marriage, etc. Itís because weíve continued to fight against people like you that today we enjoy basic human rights. BTW, I donít talk with a lisp, sing show tunes in public, knit, or probably anything else you associate with gay men. Iím a white, male, a gun owner, someone with a religious background - who gladly voted for Trump as did many other gays (secretly).
Cheers,
Mark
Thanks for sharing that with us Mark. I'd be the first to defend you if ANYONE tried to abuse, assault, or discriminate against you for being gay. Like I've said in my previous post, we're all human beings, BUT it's also quite discriminatory to lump all Republicans, White males, or LEO's (I missed that in the article) as being a threat to gays. That's just not true.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:09 AM
mdaniel
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh my concern isn’t with LEOs at all. Republicans, at least conservative Christian Coalition types are evil and should be exposed as such, but in my view - the real threat to gays is other gays. You could say Muslims in a geopolitical sense, but that’s far removed from anything anyone here is marching for. Pride events are mostly about being grateful that we have some semblance of normalcy in the US and also it’s a nice opportunity to get drunk and fellowship with other deviants.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:33 AM
H P Bushrod

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-Ď18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Oh my concern isnít with LEOs at all. Republicans, at least conservative Christian Coalition types are evil and should be exposed as such, but in my view - the real threat to gays is other gays. You could say Muslims in a geopolitical sense, but thatís far removed from anything anyone here is marching for. Pride events are mostly about being grateful that we have some semblance of normalcy in the US and also itís a nice opportunity to get drunk and fellowship with other deviants.
Could you elaborate on the bolded brother? I don't understand...
Old 06-12-2019, 12:59 AM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-it Man View Post
Who are you to judge?

In the land of the free AKA Massachusetts, we embrace the people's right to the pursuit of happiness.

This used to be recognized nation-wide as a founding principle, but these days, you have to flee Trumplandia and find refuge in the land of the free.
If you are white straight male, they consider you a threat. They don't give a **** about your happiness.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:53 AM
mdaniel
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the real threat to gays is other gays.
Originally Posted by H P Bushrod View Post
Could you elaborate on the bolded brother?
Rampant incidence of substance abuse issues, typically unsupportive/unhappy relationships, higher incidence of domestic abuse (emotional and physical), ad nauseam. Black & Asian men, particularly those who arenít tall/slender/masculine often feel theyíve received the left foot of fellowship.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:58 AM
Cygnus
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
Let me make this very simple.

You want to be happy? I will support that every time.

You want me to agree with you, celebrate you, tell you how brave you are, and applaud you because of who you choose to screw and tell me how evil I am because I am a straight white male? **** off.
Perfectly said
Old 06-12-2019, 10:25 AM
GhostTX
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who are you to judge?

In the land of the free AKA Massachusetts, we embrace the people's right to the pursuit of happiness.

This used to be recognized nation-wide as a founding principle, but these days, you have to flee Trumplandia and find refuge in the land of the free.
Anyone who values freedom should be concerned about religious extremists, whether Muslim or Christian. They all strive to subvert our Constitution.
And, just like that, he contradicts himself.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:09 AM
Ret.NavyGTO
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
Let me make this very simple.

You want to be happy? I will support that every time.

You want me to agree with you, celebrate you, tell you how brave you are, and applaud you because of who you choose to screw and tell me how evil I am because I am a straight white male? **** off.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:25 AM
ToomRaider
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What special rights?
How about rights to special treatment? When someone offends you or commits a common crime, you scream hate crime and the penalty goes up immensely. If your lifestyle violates someones religious beliefs, you drag them into court for hate crimes. You deserve no more special treatment than any other citizen of this country. It's the special treatment demand that I most object to.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:29 AM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ToomRaider View Post
What special rights?
How about rights to special treatment? When someone offends you or commits a common crime, you scream hate crime and the penalty goes up immensely. If your lifestyle violates someones religious beliefs, you drag them into court for hate crimes. You deserve no more special treatment than any other citizen of this country. It's the special treatment demand that I most object to.
Yes, a protected species of sorts. E ******* nuff.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:27 AM
C5 Pewter Coupe
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone who values freedom should be concerned about religious extremists, whether Muslim or Christian. They all strive to subvert our Constitution.
When your "freedom" overrides MY freedom then we have a problem.. great examples Masterpiece Cakeshop.. your sodomy loving liberals are trying to override his freedom of religion and what he believes in. THIS IS BULLSHIT!

Last edited by C5 Pewter Coupe; 06-13-2019 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:25 AM
leadfoot4
CF Senior Member

Received 439 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by C5 Pewter Coupe View Post
When your "freedom" overrides MY freedom then we have a problem.. great examples Masterpiece Cakeshop.. your sodomy loving liberals are trying to override his freedom of religion and what he believes in. THIS IS BULLSHIT!
Old 06-14-2019, 01:40 AM
ojm
CF Senior Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Fug it's bad enough the city here lays rainbow carpeted sidewalks, now today the frikken TD bank ATM has a frikken gay rainbow logo on screen, enough is enough of their BS.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:20 AM
WICKEDFRC
CF Senior Member

Received 349 Likes on 188 Posts

Iím proud that Iím not a piece of sh*it who rejoices in denying basic human rights to my brothers and sisters.
GLBT Pride events arenít so much that weíre proud of our differences in what should be unimportant ways, but that we recognize that if we donít have a certain level of mutual support weíll continue to be victimized.
It wasnít long ago that gays could be summarily fired for no other reason than their sexual preference, denied home ownership, prohibited from marriage, etc. Itís because weíve continued to fight against people like you that today we enjoy basic human rights. BTW, I donít talk with a lisp, sing show tunes in public, knit, or probably anything else you associate with gay men. Iím a white, male, a gun owner, someone with a religious background - who gladly voted for Trump as did many other gays (secretly).
Cheers,
Mark
If you're "so proud", why did you (as did many other gays) secretly vote for Trump? Afraid your gay brothers and sisters will think you (and many other gays) are a piece of ****?
Old 06-14-2019, 08:12 AM
Frankie the Fink
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,795 Likes on 2,948 Posts

Who are you to judge?

Right - like when I was stationed in Ft. Devens in 1972 and a friend and I were asked to leave a local bar before there was any trouble because our short haircuts obviously identified us as military types.. Pretty much the attitude of the whole state at the time, discriminated against renting apartments as well....considered second class citizens and "baby killers"...

And of course there was the "combat zone" in downtown Boston where you could get plenty of "happy endings" from exploited women...

You should quit pounding your chest when you don't even know your state's spotty history.

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 06-14-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:22 AM
maybelooking
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Cheers,
Mark
Theres no way in hell a gay person can be denied ANYTHING because they are gay. Unless you are applying for a home loan while simultaneously ******* someone in the *** in the middle of the loan office no one knows you are gay.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:23 AM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cheers,
Mark
Originally Posted by maybelooking View Post
Theres no way in hell a gay person can be denied ANYTHING because they are gay. Unless you are applying for a home loan while simultaneously ******* someone in the *** in the middle of the loan office no one knows you are gay.
Thank you.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:04 AM
Viking0728
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by maybelooking View Post
Unless you go with your same sex partner. Like a hetro couple can.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:20 AM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Viking0728 View Post
Unless you go with your same sex partner. Like a hetro couple can.
Show an instance of this occurring along with the link.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:35 PM
68/70Vette
CF Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Who are you to judge?

The land of Massachusetts is now renown for electing a severely morally challenged US hating drunken sex pervert Ted Kennedy and an ethically challenged fraudulent minority Elizabeth Warren.

PS: Pardon me if my criticism of Ted was too limited in scope.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The freaks speak about the biggest threats to gay rights!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: