Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Hmmmm San Fransisco... Lovely

 
Old 06-12-2019, 07:00 PM
  #41  
VETTRLZ
CF Senior Member
 
VETTRLZ's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2007
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 35,250
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

In Nov 2017, a bunch from my wife's family came over for a tour of the west. We went to Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Zion, Death Valley... and San Francisco.

We were walking a few blocks away from Fisherman's Wharf and had to cover the kid's faces to keep them from seeing a homeless dude droppin' a deuce right across the street from us. You couldn't walk the streets more than two blocks without the smell of urine.

Great job, lefties. Keep it up.

Last edited by VETTRLZ; 06-12-2019 at 07:01 PM.
VETTRLZ is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 07:35 PM
  #42  
Over9K
CF Senior Member
 
Over9K's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2016
Posts: 18,058
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SilverC1 View Post
Unbelievable, and I live in the area....

I will say one thing, though, and that is that I think that larger cities should pay for, and have, a reasonable number of easily-located public toilets in their downtown area, that you have to pay a modest amount to use, such as seems to be the case in most European cities. I also think these would need to be staffed, and maintained, with the cost subsidized by the city if it isn't covered by the coinage collected. (Otherwise, the public toilets will be instantly filthy, and occupied non-stop with bums, drug-users, etc.)

Private businesses are within their rights to refuse restroom service to non-customers, although most of the time it is easy enough to find a fast food outlet, buy their cheapest menu item, and then be able to use the restroom.

I guess what I'm saying is that it ought to be possible to find a place to go to the bathroom, at minimal charge....

Of course, in the case of the photo, for all I know the guy COULD have walked a few blocks and found an actual toilet.... I'm in no way excusing the behavior of the guy in the picture, who could have, at bare minimum, found a more secluded alley to crap in.....
Funniest thing I've read all day.
Over9K is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 07:36 PM
  #43  
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MagRedConv's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: Miami Beach FL
Posts: 12,831
Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SilverC1 View Post
Unbelievable, and I live in the area....

I will say one thing, though, and that is that I think that larger cities should pay for, and have, a reasonable number of easily-located public toilets in their downtown area, that you have to pay a modest amount to use, such as seems to be the case in most European cities. I also think these would need to be staffed, and maintained, with the cost subsidized by the city if it isn't covered by the coinage collected. (Otherwise, the public toilets will be instantly filthy, and occupied non-stop with bums, drug-users, etc.)

Private businesses are within their rights to refuse restroom service to non-customers, although most of the time it is easy enough to find a fast food outlet, buy their cheapest menu item, and then be able to use the restroom.

I guess what I'm saying is that it ought to be possible to find a place to go to the bathroom, at minimal charge....

Of course, in the case of the photo, for all I know the guy COULD have walked a few blocks and found an actual toilet.... I'm in no way excusing the behavior of the guy in the picture, who could have, at bare minimum, found a more secluded alley to crap in.....

I read an article on KTLA sit about just that. What do you think a price tag, per toilet, should be? SF has it a $300K a pop.
MagRedConv is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 07:40 PM
  #44  
Roothog69
CF Senior Member
 
Roothog69's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: Apopka Fl
Posts: 13,261
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

He's helped create more shovel ready jobs than Obama.

Last edited by Roothog69; 06-12-2019 at 08:44 PM.
Roothog69 is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 08:10 PM
  #45  
gs568
CF Senior Member
 
gs568's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2001
Location: 24 Willie Mays Plaza S.F. California
Posts: 45,005
Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

Going to text this picture to a couple of my cop buddies.
gs568 is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 08:41 PM
  #46  
Cygnus
CF Senior Member
 
Cygnus's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2011
Location: San Francisco's North Bay California
Posts: 3,703
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
You ain't kidding. I moved to San Jose in '04 for work. I've lived in both LA and San Diego, but never this far north. Mad a few excursions into the city early on, but I refuse to step foot into that literal **** hole now.
I opened our office SOMA in 08 and have watched the steady decline first hand. It was pretty rare to see homeless people wandering around the area at the time and you never saw piles of **** on the sidewalks. Today, it's just about everywhere in the city. Junkies shooting up and shitting on the sidewalks is just part of what liberals have done and sadly most people have no clue how bad it really is.

Our lease is up in Oct, and we'll be shutting that office down and moving everything to our Sonoma office.
Cygnus is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 08:57 PM
  #47  
SilverC1
CF Senior Member
 
SilverC1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2005
Location: SF Bay Area California
Posts: 11,246
Likes: 0
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MagRedConv View Post
I read an article on KTLA sit about just that. What do you think a price tag, per toilet, should be? SF has it a $300K a pop.
Yeah, the cost of building public toilets seems ridiculous, as well.

And a couple/few years ago, they tried putting in outdoor public urinals, that just had some screening around them, in the Mission District (Dolores Park). They didn't go over too well with residents....

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016/...ir-urinal.html

I get that it seems impractical, but in every European city I've ever been in, there have been public toilets that were easy to find, usually with prominent "WC" (water closet) signs, and you had to pay an attendant the equivalent of maybe 50 cents to use. The attendant, in turn, kept things clean, and presumably could call the cops if any illicit activity was taking place.

On the other hand, and as a counter-example of how NOT to do things, I remember walking along the beach area in Venice Beach (CA), and seeing some public restrooms, in the form of individual stalls with floor to ceiling locking doors. You did NOT want to even consider entering, since they were filthy, were out of TP, and often had things like used syringes in them, used condoms, etc. Whoever was tasked with cleaning them was apparently not able to keep up, and probably should have been equipped with Haz-Mat suits.....
SilverC1 is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 09:07 PM
  #48  
gs568
CF Senior Member
 
gs568's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2001
Location: 24 Willie Mays Plaza S.F. California
Posts: 45,005
Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
I opened our office SOMA in 08 and have watched the steady decline first hand. It was pretty rare to see homeless people wandering around the area at the time and you never saw piles of **** on the sidewalks. Today, it's just about everywhere in the city. Junkies shooting up and shitting on the sidewalks is just part of what liberals have done and sadly most people have no clue how bad it really is.

Our lease is up in Oct, and we'll be shutting that office down and moving everything to our Sonoma office.
What part of SOMA? My place is by the ballpark.
gs568 is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 09:20 PM
  #49  
Tukon44
CF Senior Member
 
Tukon44's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Tallahassee Florida
Posts: 1,855
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Roothog69 View Post
He's helped create more shovel ready jobs than Obama.

Hahaha. Good zinger
Tukon44 is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 09:22 PM
  #50  
Warpdrv
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Location: Milwaukee - ish WISCONSIN
Posts: 765
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

So funny about implementation of this toilet plan here and there....

The left has offered up a no touch policy on homeless and drug addicts, inviting into the city by paying them to do nothing while, incentivising then to come.... Giving them money to what... Be good..

The left creates problems they can't solve, and continue to tax hard working people more and more to fix their **** ups... Which never fix anything...

They never stop ruining America !!!!
Warpdrv is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 09:29 PM
  #51  
billyboy47
CF Senior Member
 
billyboy47's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2013
Location: Nazareth, PA.
Posts: 11,468
Received 211 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17
Default

Originally Posted by bubba68ss View Post
Is this the freedom RIM talks about?
Could be one of his relatives.
billyboy47 is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:07 AM
  #52  
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MagRedConv's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: Miami Beach FL
Posts: 12,831
Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SilverC1 View Post
Yeah, the cost of building public toilets seems ridiculous, as well.

And a couple/few years ago, they tried putting in outdoor public urinals, that just had some screening around them, in the Mission District (Dolores Park). They didn't go over too well with residents....

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016/...ir-urinal.html

I get that it seems impractical, but in every European city I've ever been in, there have been public toilets that were easy to find, usually with prominent "WC" (water closet) signs, and you had to pay an attendant the equivalent of maybe 50 cents to use. The attendant, in turn, kept things clean, and presumably could call the cops if any illicit activity was taking place.

The commie libs would scream discrimination is a heartbeat but point well taken.

On the other hand, and as a counter-example of how NOT to do things, I remember walking along the beach area in Venice Beach (CA), and seeing some public restrooms, in the form of individual stalls with floor to ceiling locking doors. You did NOT want to even consider entering, since they were filthy, were out of TP, and often had things like used syringes in them, used condoms, etc. Whoever was tasked with cleaning them was apparently not able to keep up, and probably should have been equipped with Haz-Mat suits.....
I used to live at 5 Rose. Signed a year lease but split after 6 months and moved to Malibu. I know of what you speak.
MagRedConv is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:28 AM
  #53  
virtue4u
CF Senior Member
 
virtue4u's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Posts: 60,064
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Roothog69 View Post
He's helped create more shovel ready jobs than Obama.
virtue4u is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hmmmm San Fransisco... Lovely


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: