Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Judicial Watch Releases State Department Emails - Kerry, dem congress ensnared

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Judicial Watch Releases State Department Emails - Kerry, dem congress ensnared

Old 06-11-2019, 09:52 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16
Default Judicial Watch Releases State Department Emails - Kerry, dem congress ensnared

This is very dangerous to our constitutional republic....

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...te-department/

Judicial Watch Releases State Department Emails Showing Dossier Author Christopher Steele’s Close Relationship with State Department

Judicial Watch

JUNE 10, 2019

‘Special Coordinator for Libya’ Jonathan Winer Played Key Role, Approached by Hollywood

(Washington, DC) Judicial Watch today released 43 pages of documents from the U.S. Department of State revealing that State Department “Special Coordinator for Libya” Jonathan Winer played a key role in facilitating dossier author Christopher Steele’s access to other top government officials, prominent international business executives. Mr. Winer was even approached by a movie producer about making a movie about the Russiagate targeting of President Trump.

Judicial Watch obtained the documents in a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit filed on April 25, 2018 on behalf of itself and the Daily Caller News Foundation against the State Department after it failed to respond to three separate FOIA requests (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:18-cv- 00968)). The lawsuit seeks:
  • All records of communications between State Department officials, including former Secretary of State John Kerry, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, on the one hand, and British National Christopher Steele and/or employees or contractors of Steele’s company, Orbis Business Intelligence, on the other hand.
  • All records and/or memoranda provided by Christopher Steele and/or his firm Orbis Business Intelligence or by others acting on Steele’s/Orbis’s behalf, to State Department officials.
  • Any and all records in the custody of the State Department related to the provision of documents to British national Christopher Steele and/or his firm, Orbis Business Intelligence, or the receipt of documents from Steele or his firm. Time period is January 20, 2009 through the present.
  • All records created in 2016 by Jonathan M. Winer relating to research compiled by Christopher Steele.
In an email on December 11, 2014, Winer places pressure on his colleague, Nina Miller to assist Steele by getting “O Reports” [likely Orbis] to Toria [Victoria] Nuland and Paul Jones ASAP.” Nuland at the time was the State Department Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs; Jones the European and Eurasian Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary.

Sent: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 17:41:32 +0000

To: Miller, Nina A

Subject: Please get “O Reports” to Toria Nuland and Paul Jones ASAP – they are time [sp]

I know you have other burdens, but this one needs to get done if you can as soon as possible.

In a series of emails on November 20, 2014, Winer openly acts as a liaison for Steele, attempting to set up meetings for “Chris” and referencing “Three Orbis Reports” in the subject line of the email. This meeting was scheduled to be with Marialuisa Fotheringham, office manager to the principal deputy assistant secretary of state in the Bureau of European and Eurasian affairs and, again, Paul W. Jones.

In a series of emails on November 20, 2014, Winer negotiates a time with Ariuna Namsrai, APCO Worldwide’s senior director and managing director for Russia, CIS and Central Asia for her to meet Christopher Steele at “lunch or dinner.” APCO bills itself as one of the world’s leading advisory and advocacy communications consultancies.

In a series of emails on January 13-14, 2015, with the subject line “Morocco immediate need,” Winer introduces Steele to Marc Ginsberg, former Ambassador to Morocco under Bill Clinton, former APCO Worldwide Senior Vice President and Managing Director and former CEO of One Voice Movement Foundation.

Weiner writes to Ginsberg: “Marc, Chris Steele is a friend of mine who has a very, very high* end business intelligence service based in London. He formerly worked for the UK government.”

Ginsberg replies to Winer: “I spoke to Chris… complicated!”

In an email on April 13, 2015, to Steele and his partner Chris Burrows titled “Request for contacts with WB and IMF” Winer appears to ask Steele and Burrows to act unofficially on behalf of the United States with World Bank and the International Monetary Fund:

Winer writes: Chris and Chris, advice is that you brief the country team…. it would be best that this not come in from or through any US official, but be a straight-on request from you in light of impact on Mongolia and there [sic] need to know.”

On July 13, 2015, while trying to schedule a dinner in London with Steele, Winer discloses to Steele from an unsecure BlackBerry that he is scheduled to have a Secure Video Teleconference Call [SVTC] with “higher ranked people than I am at the NSC.” Steele later confirms their dinner appointment, and says, “I shall wait for you on the park bench in the main square facing the front of the embassy building.”

In an email exchange on November 20, 2014, Winer attempts to introduce Steele to Nelson Cunningham, President of McLarty Associates, an international consulting firm co-founded by former Clinton White House Counselor Thomas ‘Mack’ McLarty. In the email to Nelson, Winer describes Steele as “An old friend of mine,” and “a former senior British intelligence officer focusing on former Soviet Union with a number of US and European private sector clients these days…”

In an email on January 12, 2017, Hollywood producer Eric Hamburg forwards an article about the Steele dossier to Winer, asking him if he would be interested in working on a movie about it.

Hamburg writes: “Dear Jonathan, I have been meaning to write to you, and just came across this article which mentions your name… Let’s do a movie about this!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7524191.html

I was wondering if you have decided what your next position will be after leaving government. I’d like to keep in touch and get together next time I’m in Washington. I’m currently working on a mini-series about Watergate for ABC with John Dean.

“It’s amazing how hard our government tries to keep the truth from the American people,” said Daily Caller News Foundation President Neil Patel. “Thankfully, with Judicial Watch filing a lawsuit on our behalf, we have been able to uncover phony dossier author Christopher Steele’s previously hidden contacts with the Obama State Department. These guys at Judicial Watch are bulldogs and we can’t thank them enough.”

“These documents show that Fusion GPS and Clinton spy Christopher Steele had a close relationship with the Obama State Department,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The State Department under John Kerry is emerging as another center of the Spygate conspiracy against President Trump.”

In February 2018, Winer wrote an op-ed claiming anti-Trump dossier author Christopher Steele and Clinton confidant Sidney Blumenthal approached him with separate dossiers. Winer wrote: “In the summer of 2016, Steele told me that he had learned of disturbing information regarding possible ties between Donald Trump, his campaign and senior Russian officials.” Also, “While talking about that hacking, Blumenthal and I discussed Steele’s reports. He showed me notes gathered by a journalist I did not know …”

###

Old 06-11-2019, 10:05 PM
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Received 1,113 Likes on 728 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Those on the Left don't care.....
Old 06-11-2019, 10:14 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
Incredible, isn’t it....the biggest political scandal in our America’s history, and they have no clue what is going on....

Trump is is playing this masterfully.....it won’t matter what democrats think or do....the #resistance will fall....
Old 06-11-2019, 11:08 PM
PeterSG
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19

Leftists don't care about the USA. Only their having control matters to them. And, they don't care that they would end up controlling a less productive and diminished USA.

That is why leftists are happy to **** in their own beds. If they can destroy the USA, the POTUS who is the personification of the USA, and make Americans miserable, they will be happy controlling their diminished USA.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:34 PM
99 Driver
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09,'11

Neither does the Republicans in Congress or the DOJ.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:05 AM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Getting closer to linking some of the career leftist hacks to this entire sham. Wonder if that is what has Nadler and Pelosi all puckered. Noticed that shifty has went dark all of a sudden too.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:25 AM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 30YR W8T View Post
Getting closer to linking some of the career leftist hacks to this entire sham. Wonder if that is what has Nadler and Pelosi all puckered. Noticed that shifty has went dark all of a sudden too.
So has Hillary and Obama....... Biden is slow dancing and may be caught up in this too.
Can not wait to hear what Loretta Lynch has to say too.

They have all gone dark for a while now.
I used to say the truth will rise above the chatter.....
Looks like it may rise above the silence.

TRUMP PENCE MAGA winning
2020 KEEP AMERICA GREAT.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:57 AM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by 99 Driver View Post
Neither does the Republicans in Congress or the DOJ.
/thread
Old 06-12-2019, 06:00 AM
Builderrick
CF Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Would be interesting to see if any and how many of these are suddenly booking vacations out of this country????????????????????????????????
Old 06-12-2019, 06:24 AM
Ragtop_Rob
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '17

There is ONLY one way to fix this.....
Old 06-12-2019, 06:57 AM
Mcrider
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 552 Likes on 257 Posts

What the GOP is doing is just a damned good job of a criminal forensic investigation into the Democrats and their massive corruption. They NEVER believed Trump would win and because of that did a very bad job of trying to cover their tracks. This investigation was never supposed to happen.

The ability to deny their involvement is over, and I am willing to bet that more than one of them has their team of attorney's on speed dial and are desperately researching anything they can do to save their own asses.

Look at the NYT and them refusing to allow their reporters to appear on MSLSD and CNN, they are trying to distance themselves from the other left wing crazies because they know all of them are guilty as hell. Not all of these groups are going to survive and the NYT knows it.

Damn it's a great day to be a Trump Conservative!
Old 06-12-2019, 07:16 AM
Ragtop_Rob
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Mcrider View Post
What the GOP is doing is just a damned good job of a criminal forensic investigation into the Democrats and their massive corruption. They NEVER believed Trump would win and because of that did a very bad job of trying to cover their tracks. This investigation was never supposed to happen.

The ability to deny their involvement is over, and I am willing to bet that more than one of them has their team of attorney's on speed dial and are desperately researching anything they can do to save their own asses.

Look at the NYT and them refusing to allow their reporters to appear on MSLSD and CNN, they are trying to distance themselves from the other left wing crazies because they know all of them are guilty as hell. Not all of these groups are going to survive and the NYT knows it.

Damn it's a great day to be a Trump Conservative!
I agree, the evidence is now overwhelming, but it means bad things for America if nothing happens to these criminals. It means our country is already lost.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:36 AM
larry00
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the years going by they may only have to pay for perjury and process crimes . I don't have a clue about Federal Crimes Statutes but there has likely been a scramble by some to find out .
Oh you know JW has a little bird whispering in Tom Fenton's ear telling JW where to dig to light a fire under their asses .
That's why I have faith heads will roll . I hope Trump gives Tom Fenton and his merry band Metal of Freedom Awards for forcing the truth out of the rogue Departments bent on covering up the wrong doing that's tarnishing their images .
Old 06-12-2019, 07:45 AM
BobG
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragtop_Rob View Post
I agree, the evidence is now overwhelming, but it means bad things for America if nothing happens to these criminals. It means our country is already lost.
I too badly want the corrupt individuals in this huge over reach of power given their just rewards, and agree that if this is allowed to be swept under the rug, we will never recover. But, given the past performance, I believe we will remain the banana republic, ripe for destruction by the liberals, and retain the two tier justice system that liberals demand. We've essentially had one for the past 20 years or so, but after this is accepted, they might as well just go public with it, as everyone with a single working brain cell will already know it exists.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:12 AM
dbdave
CF Senior Member

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragtop_Rob View Post
Wait for it....
The longer they take to convict anyone, the more this is probable.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:23 AM
Cygnus
CF Senior Member

This has been clear for almost 3 years now, yet none of these traitors have done the perp walk.

Maybe Barr will be different, but until some of these pieces of **** are sentenced to jail, this is just the latest dog and pony show.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:24 AM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 271 Likes on 153 Posts

More importantly Trump said "*****" about 12 years ago let's get our priorities straight.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:33 AM
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

anybody notice there's no leaks from the current DOJ?
Old 06-12-2019, 11:13 AM
TraceZ
CF Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 1%r View Post
anybody notice there's no leaks from the current DOJ?

I've definitely noticed. I'm hopeful that justice will be served, BUT I'm not going to do what the leftists did with the Mueller report on a daily basis with all their "the walls are closing in" BS.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:57 PM
doorgunner
Doorgunner's '68 Project
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 843 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
This has been clear for almost 3 years now, yet none of these traitors have done the perp walk.

Maybe Barr will be different, but until some of these pieces of **** are sentenced to jail, this is just the latest dog and pony show.
What happened was......the Democrats and the Republicans have so much filth on each other each side is having trouble pulling the trigger.

Can you imagine all the back-room meetings, threats, accusations, and deals going on right now.....it's no wonder they need 3 years to get a single thing done on Capitol Hill.

If Hillary would be President we would not have this problem now...………….because we would not know about it in the 1st place.

Fire the whole worthless bunch and start fresh.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Judicial Watch Releases State Department Emails - Kerry, dem congress ensnared

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: