Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Colorado Christian Persecution Continues

Old 06-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Walford
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brunello View Post
It doesn’t violate your faith to bake a cake. That wasn’t one of the 10 Commandments. That’s just bullshit and a reason to discriminate. If you put your political or religious views front and center on a business that does not require it, you are asking for problems. I was seeking to buy some USA made shorts today and didn’t because they decided to politicize their website. I found another company making a more expensive product that I will buy from.

(BTW, company Xeylon or something like that. Owner had a MAGA hat. No way for me but a good source for some of you guys who also appreciate US made stuff.
It violates your 1st Amendment rights to both free speech and free religion to force you to make a creative expression that goes against your faith.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:40 PM
Sifu-TZ
CF Senior Member

if you sue someone to do business with them, you're a ****. if you use your religion to not do business with someone, you're a ****. lotta twatting going on.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:43 PM
ZumZum
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
if you sue someone to do business with them, you're a ****. if you use your religion to not do business with someone, you're a ****. lotta twatting going on.
The baker is happy to do business with them. All he/she has to do is order a standard "Happy Birthday" cake off the shelf. Asking the baker to specially make a cake with a "Congratulations on having your dick cut off" message is literally being a ****.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:45 PM
TxLefty
CF Senior Member

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by TBIRD57 View Post
on the grounds of his Christian beliefs opens a pandora box of cases forever:
i'm a Catholic which says my church is the only one true church so no religious celebrating cakes
for heretical non-Catholics
No cake- Moslems because they are infidels
No anniversary cake for trump because he is divorced and commits adultery
No cake for veterans because they kill-thou shall not kill
the list can get endless
Just as an FYI, the correct translation is a prohibition against murder. Killing in battle is not considered to be murder.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:49 PM
TxLefty
CF Senior Member

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Walford View Post
It violates your 1st Amendment rights to both free speech and free religion to force you to make a creative expression that goes against your faith.
There you go. The baker ought to counter-sue, for large damages, this guy and his lawyer for malicious prosecution.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:50 PM
Sifu-TZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZumZum View Post
The baker is happy to do business with them. All he/she has to do is order a standard "Happy Birthday" cake off the shelf. Asking the baker to specially make a cake with a "Congratulations on having your dick cut off" message is literally being a ****.
it is being a ****. but pretending that spooging "congrats on having your dick cut off" has anything to do with religion is very silly. we're right back to both of them are *****.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:54 PM
ZumZum
CF Senior Member

Democrats proving everyday they still love them some slavery.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:01 PM
ZumZum
CF Senior Member

Slavery is the state of being under the control of someone where a person is forced to work for another. A slave is considered as a property of another as the one controlling them purchases them or owns them from their birth. In slavery the slave does not have a right to leave the owner or not work for them. Slavery is a form of forced labor.
So what's the difference here when the baker is forced to contribute his labor against his will?

Last edited by ZumZum; 06-12-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:21 PM
GhostTX
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by LarsAtTheBeach View Post
Someone needs to find a Muslim bake shop and demand a gay wedding cake.
Or a black bake shop and demand a KKK cake. Or maybe a Jewish bake shop and demand a **** cake.
Steve Crowder has a video trying to order a gay cake at Muslim shops and being denied.

Last edited by GhostTX; 06-12-2019 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:54 PM
TBIRD57
CF Senior Member

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by TxLefty View Post
Just as an FYI, the correct translation is a prohibition against murder. Killing in battle is not considered to be murder.
imo you went off on a tangent-my focus was on these types of cases with inherent flaws and the potential backsliding results. no blacks, no irish, no jews, no atheists, no gays, no woman,
non-christians,

"Killing in battle is not considered to be murder"
i imagine the SS-WAFFEN and Einsatzgrupper totally agreed with all those "battles"
going on all over the place on the Eastern Front. the Japanese Army during that China Nanking
"battle" were probably more than willing to go with that translation too.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Brunello
CF Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

But how is it really persecution when both sides want this fight? LGBTQ Individuals will bring lawsuits if denied services and business owners will happily oblige by denying those services and wearing their religious beliefs like a ****-you flag. It’s like two boxers complaining that they are in a prize fight.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:03 PM
65Z01
CF Senior Member

Received 136 Likes on 130 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

The fcukin' "abnormals" constantly bring down more disgust from the normals by acting like azz-holes with constantly harassing us.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:13 PM
Brunello
CF Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Just sell ******* cakes. It’s abnormal to base your entire belief system on fairy tales too but that doesn’t get in the way of me buying a cake from you unless you are stupid enough to make that a sales condition. People used to just sell **** and keep their beliefs to themselves and that worked great. Making a cake for John and John doesn’t make you a party to sin because they’re gonna do what they do with or without your shitty Jesus cake. Just make regular cake.

Originally Posted by 65Z01 View Post
The fcukin' "abnormals" constantly bring down more disgust from the normals by acting like azz-holes with constantly harassing us.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:19 PM
ZumZum
CF Senior Member

Just sell ******* cakes. It’s abnormal to base your entire belief system on fairy tales too but that doesn’t get in the way of me buying a cake from you unless you are stupid enough to make that a sales condition. People used to just sell **** and keep their beliefs to themselves and that worked great. Making a cake for John and John doesn’t make you a party to sin because they’re gonna do what they do with or without your shitty Jesus cake. Just make regular cake.
The baker was perfectly willing to sell he/she any cake off the shelf or in his catalog. That wasn't enough. He/she wanted to force the baker, against his wishes, into labor that he did not wish to enter.

There's a word for that:

Slavery is the state of being under the control of someone where a person is forced to work for another. A slave is considered as a property of another as the one controlling them purchases them or owns them from their birth. In slavery the slave does not have a right to leave the owner or not work for them. Slavery is a form of forced labor.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:28 PM
RAMMAN
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17-'18-'19

At this point this certainly amounts to harassment and should be treated as such. The plaintiff shops Jack the baker knowing in advance of former suits and that he would not provide a custom made cake endorsing gay or transgender celebrations. But also that anyone can purchase anything off the shelf in his store for any event, the issue is only that he refuses to custom make it for them. I hope this time Jack counters sues for actual and punitive damages. If I was on the jury I would award him millions for the slanderous crap they have put him through.

I believe at least two sections of the constitution are on the baker’s side.

The First Amendment, freedom of speech and religion.

The Thirteenth Amendment, protects citizens against slavery and involuntary servitude.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:34 PM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

It doesn’t violate your faith to bake a cake. That wasn’t one of the 10 Commandments. That’s just bullshit and a reason to discriminate. If you put your political or religious views front and center on a business that does not require it, you are asking for problems. I was seeking to buy some USA made shorts today and didn’t because they decided to politicize their website. I found another company making a more expensive product that I will buy from.

(BTW, company Xeylon or something like that. Owner had a MAGA hat. No way for me but a good source for some of you guys who also appreciate US made stuff.
See how easy it was for you to find another business to do business with. Why can't someone wanting a cake do the same thing?
Old 06-12-2019, 04:38 PM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

You are ignorant.

A homosexual is not being discriminated against by the bake shop. Matter of fact a homosexual can absolutely buy a cake from the shop.
What a homosexual can not do is require the baker to participate in the wedding. And baking a custom cake for the homosexuals IS participating in the wedding.
And the court agrees.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:02 PM
colo63sw
CF Senior Member

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts

So, what you’re advocating for is more discrimination? So do we go back to “whites only” cake shops and “no Jews need apply” signs in store windows. The really simple solution is to realize that Jesus really doesn’t give a **** who you sell a cake to. He might be more interested in you demonstrating a little more compassion and putting extra love into a cake for someone whose life you don’t fully understand. But today’s “Christians” are asserting their right to be just like all the other bigoted ******** in the world. Bless their hearts!
Making quite the leap with that. There is nothing decent about 'no jews need apply'. There is a difference between endorsing and not wanting to participate. And in case you are mistaken, this is a war on Christianity, check the post in this thread about a muslim bake shop, no one is making a federal case about that.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:25 PM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

"Hi, how may I help you?"
"Oh how nice, you like a transgender cake"
"Yes, we could do that, the cost for one of those is $3,500.00"
"and when would you like your cake by?"
"In 3 weeks you say"
"My oh my, I'm sorry, we're booked up for over 3 months"
"Perhaps the bakery over on S Main St could help you, have a nice day, bye" . . .
Old 06-12-2019, 05:49 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Wonder why one would start a business of baking cakes then bitch about baking a cake. Confused dude should have started a different business venture.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Colorado Christian Persecution Continues

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: