Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

I hope the USA soccer team loses every game

Old 06-12-2019, 01:54 PM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,050 Posts

What exactly is she made about? Trump has done a bunch of stuff for the LGBTWKLDFJKs... the only thing they get all bent out of shape about is the banning of transgenders in the military, which is the 100% correct call. I won't get into that here, but the military is not supposed to be PC and fair.

She's free to express herself... but she should be kicked off the team.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:55 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 63 340HP View Post
I believe that a sports person who disrespects their country's anthem in a protest, is projecting that they think the country is bad and can never change. If they want to protest the President, then focus the protest on the President and not the country's anthem.

It's sad that one player with a grudge to express, against the President, can unfairly cast other members of a team as unpatriotic.
My guess is they think the country is bad (or one aspect of it) and it should change... which explains the protest.

To the bolded, I agree.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:56 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by RandolphB View Post

Within the context of being a member of a national team, she has no "rights" to take actions that can violate the Code of Ethics for national team members. This could easily fall under the category of using the position on the team for personal gain. As such, she should be booted off the team ASAP.
If Team USA dismissed her for conduct detrimental to the team that would be within their rights.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:10 PM
Vitoc
CF Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
She's exercising her right.

I disagree, think it's wrong, etc. and a terrible decision as a representative for America.

Expressing political opinions in an article is fine. Expressing them on the field is wrong.
Is it her "right" not to have to wear a uniform during games?
Is it her "right" to ignore the rules of code and conduct the team and/or league have?
Is it her "right" to ignore the rules of the sport?

Where exactly do you think this "right" you speak of came from or did you just pull it out of your ***?
Old 06-12-2019, 02:11 PM
LFZ
CF Senior Member

Received 276 Likes on 198 Posts

Just liberal stuff........she should go play for another country.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:12 PM
Vitoc
CF Senior Member

If Team USA dismissed her for conduct detrimental to the team that would be within their rights.
Horseshit. Stop pulling libtarded bullshit out of your ***.

There are rules for code and conduct, both on and off the field. If the team can force her to wear a uniform she doesn't like, she's not free to just wear a different one. She would have to quit in that case. That's no different than a rule indicating she follow the ceremonies and traditions of the sport and the code and conduct expected of her by the team and the league.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:13 PM
neece
CF Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by LFZ View Post
Just liberal stuff........she should go play for another country.
Or in heavy traffic.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:14 PM
CJ Willys
CF Senior Member

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks for letting us know. Sooner or later, we're gonna have to eliminate them all ...
Old 06-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vitoc View Post
Is it her "right" not to have to wear a uniform during games?
Is it her "right" to ignore the rules of code and conduct the team and/or league have?
Is it her "right" to ignore the rules of the sport?

Where exactly do you think this "right" you speak of came from or did you just pull it out of your ***?
She has the same rights you do: To express political opinions. If you re-read my post I said it's wrong to do that on the field. I assume you have a job? You have the right to express all the political opinions you want.... which is why you are here. You shouldn't do it at work and if you did, and were fired, I'd support that decision.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:31 PM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts

So this thing is gay huh? Whoda thunk it? BTW, it can eat ****.

Last edited by MagRedConv; 06-12-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

^^^^^ look at this.....

And tell me again how the left is "intolerant and angry"?
Old 06-12-2019, 02:34 PM
Frankie the Fink
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,950 Posts

So - she flits around the world leading an enviable lifestyle of fame and renown under the USA banner but things she shouldn't show any patriotism for the nation that provided all these benefits...

This is the kind of BS that galls me...she don't like a politician so she has to show her backside to the world to get her 15 minutes of fame. Sickening.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:35 PM
BLZNSDL
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Pele grade bicycle kick hitb
Old 06-12-2019, 02:37 PM
VETTRLZ
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Remember when the Left was saying that if Trump lost he would never accept the results of the election?

Ever heard the term, "Projection"?

Old 06-12-2019, 02:37 PM
LFZ
CF Senior Member

Received 276 Likes on 198 Posts

^^^^^ look at this.....

And tell me again how the left is "intolerant and angry"?
The right attacks those that are anti-American.

The left attacks those that are pro-America.

Go figure....
Old 06-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Vitoc
CF Senior Member

She has the same rights you do: To express political opinions. If you re-read my post I said it's wrong to do that on the field. I assume you have a job? You have the right to express all the political opinions you want.... which is why you are here. You shouldn't do it at work and if you did, and were fired, I'd support that decision.
That's my point. She agreed to something and she's not fulfilling that agreement.

She has the "right" to be kicked off the team, out of the stadium(s), and/or out of the league. She doesn't have a "right" to express her opinion on the field without consequence. That was my point, and believe me, that point is lost on most left-wingers.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:49 PM
RandolphB
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a member of the team, she isn't just responsible while on the field. It's a job, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Saying "on the field" is like saying "It's OK to be a pedofile, as long as you don't do it on the field..". A violation is a violation. The IOC has rules that the USOC must adhere to. For some reason I can no longer find the USOC Athlete's Code of Ethics on line. Each sport may modify the rules by adding to them, but not remove any from the overall guide.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Vitoc
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by VETTRLZ View Post
Remember when the Left was saying that if Trump lost he would never accept the results of the election?

Ever heard the term, "Projection"?

While true, it's worse than that. They said that because he would question or not accept the results of a democratically held election that he was a "threat to democracy." Guess who is and has been a threat to democracy for the past 2+ years? All the liberals who have been refusing to accept the results of a democratically held election. They're all threats to democracy. All of them.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:53 PM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Vitoc View Post
That's my point. She agreed to something and she's not fulfilling that agreement.

She has the "right" to be kicked off the team, out of the stadium(s), and/or out of the league. She doesn't have a "right" to express her opinion on the field without consequence. That was my point, and believe me, that point is lost on most left-wingers.
Originally Posted by RandolphB View Post
As a member of the team, she isn't just responsible while on the field. It's a job, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Saying "on the field" is like saying "It's OK to be a pedofile, as long as you don't do it on the field..". A violation is a violation. The IOC has rules that the USOC must adhere to. For some reason I can no longer find the USOC Athlete's Code of Ethics on line. Each sport may modify the rules by adding to them, but not remove any from the overall guide.
There is zero chance of any of this. US Women's soccer is full of SJW's. They honestly believe they are doing the right thing. They're as pampered, privileged, sheltered, and narcissistic as any other athlete if not more so.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:57 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own either a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 207 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
So - she flits around the world leading an enviable lifestyle of fame and renown under the USA banner but things she shouldn't show any patriotism for the nation that provided all these benefits...

This is the kind of BS that galls me...she don't like a politician so she has to show her backside to the world to get her 15 minutes of fame. Sickening.
Well said.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I hope the USA soccer team loses every game

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: